Shoutbox

new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. (/showthread.php?tid=16754)

new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by qune on 10-16-2003 at 07:01 PM

lately I've seen incredibly lot of threads concerning (more or less) graphics and/or design... whether logos for plugins, messenger skins sites designs and so on... I've also noticed, that these threads are being relocated in the 'Tech talk' section... so my suggestion is for admins to add a 'Graphics' section to these forums...

*to admins*... maybe you'll let the poll results influence you decison...

regards...

RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by BooGhost on 10-16-2003 at 07:06 PM

yeah i think it could be useful, but it's pretty distant from the forum's point (MsgPlus!) :-/

RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by qune on 10-16-2003 at 07:09 PM

good point... but I think the section covers all the posts regarding to messenger graphics... as i said... skins, plugin logos etc... so it could still relate to msn and plus!..

RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by WDZ on 10-16-2003 at 07:45 PM

Hmm... do you want a subforum of the Messenger forum, or a new forum that shows up on the index? :-/ I've noticed lots of graphics-related posts too, so I might be willing to add a forum.

I should also add that programming forum that was requested a long time ago... :refuck:

RE: RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by qune on 10-16-2003 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Hmm... do you want a subforum of the Messenger forum, or a new forum that shows up on the index? :-/

which one is ever more convenient...
RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by CodeChaos on 10-16-2003 at 09:44 PM

GWRAPHIKS! :P
YAAH!!! :D

RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by theguy on 10-16-2003 at 10:27 PM

I vote that we should have a forum labelled skins, with a subforum going to the official skins forums because there are a lot of skinners on these boards.

RE: new section to these forums: by lizard.boy on 10-16-2003 at 11:24 PM

afaik skining is illeagal (not to spoil anyone's fun) but  i  dont think there should be a skinning section on the main page :undecided:. but yes to graphic and programming!

RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by Guido on 10-17-2003 at 12:36 AM

Great idea, i vote yes of course :P

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
afaik skining is illeagal (not to spoil anyone's fun) but  i  dont think there should be a skinning section on the main page :undecided:. but yes to graphic and programming!
Yes, skinning MSN Messenger is illegal, plus there are no real "skins", most are just some icon changes.

RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by dotNorma on 10-17-2003 at 12:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gfd
Great idea, i vote yes of course :P

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
Yes, skinning MSN Messenger is illegal, plus there are no real "skins", most are just some icon changes.

Msn Messed Editon is the real deal with bill mcneal! Its a real skin ( but I prefer ClearMSN anyway)

And yes a i tottally agree that we need a graphic forum , cuz we are gonna need quite a lot of requests for this new upcoming stuffplug :P by the way Qune , Would u mind trying to create a stuffplug Next-Generation logo , you are so good with graphics ;)
RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by Guido on 10-17-2003 at 12:54 AM

Well, the new (if created) forum should not only be for requests, but for general graphics conversations, showing work, etc.

RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by Banks on 10-17-2003 at 01:06 AM

it's unanimus,  12/12,  100%

RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by dotNorma on 10-17-2003 at 01:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gfd
Well, the new (if created) forum should not only be for requests, but for general graphics conversations, showing work, etc.

True , It would be used for anything related to graphics that does not bend the rules :P I think it should be another folder in the forum. I need a graphic forum..Nice place to show off my cheezy graphics!
RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by bra1nwash on 10-17-2003 at 03:31 AM

...n to d/l them!:D

RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by Wabz on 10-19-2003 at 01:12 AM

Good idea and it might keep GFD's spam in one place :refuck:

RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by lizard.boy on 10-19-2003 at 02:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wabz
ya but dont make him a mod or it would be all his spam:refuck:

RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by Mippo on 10-19-2003 at 08:50 AM

I would love to have a graphics section :) Anyway, I only want a programming section when PHP is included :P

RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by WDZ on 10-19-2003 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mippo
Anyway, I only want a programming section when PHP is included :P
Wouldn't a programming forum cover all types of programming? :p
RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by chris on 10-19-2003 at 08:20 PM

hey i say yes that would be realy cool for a graphics section and a programing section... it would be more work for the mods/admis but i think they can handel it:p or mabey they would have to add in a new one but still i think it would be a gread adiiotn to here im interested in both graphics and a little programing so yea i say yes (Y).

RE: RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by Guido on 10-19-2003 at 09:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wabz

^o):^)

I'm not that kind of people :angel:
RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by paperless on 01-20-2005 at 11:09 PM

this would be useful jsut look at t&t and see what im talking about..

And it would be useful for users to ask for sigs etc.. it is getting more and more needed.. i got here by the search thingy on the top so i didnt make a new thread.
Dont start blaming me for waking up a old thread  :D

And i saw the program section being asked some time ago also.. so is it gonna be added?

RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by Purity on 01-20-2005 at 11:19 PM

I think we should have a Graphix section....:)
Someone change banks sig, its F***ing up the layout

RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by paperless on 01-20-2005 at 11:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Skin Ticket
I think we should have a Graphix section....:)

Even wdz agrees with it.. i think it wont take much time..
RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by CookieRevised on 01-21-2005 at 12:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
yeah i think it could be useful, but it's pretty distant from the forum's point (MsgPlus!) :-/
indeed

and although it can be "fun" to post about other subjects then messenger and messenger plus!, it is still a Messenger/Plus! forum. There are millions of other general forums...

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Hmm... do you want a subforum of the Messenger forum, or a new forum that shows up on the index? I've noticed lots of graphics-related posts too, so I might be willing to add a forum.
I have nothing against a messenger related graphics forum, although there are far to little subjects/threads about messenger graphics (and those few skin threads can well be in the "MSN/Windows Messenger" forum). Besides what other subjects then skinning will there be in a messenger related graphics forum anyways? (and for skinning there is a dedicated forum already)

quote:
Originally posted by qune
which one is ever more convenient...
There is a huge difference between a general graphic forum and a messenger related graphics forum.

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
And yes a i tottally agree that we need a graphic forum , cuz we are gonna need quite a lot of requests for this new upcoming stuffplug by the way Qune , Would u mind trying to create a stuffplug Next-Generation logo , you are so good with graphics
Although it would be about graphics, the main subject is StuffPlug, hence it shouldn't go to the graphics forum but in the plugins forum (if posted at all on this forumboard though, as StuffPlug has his own dedicated forumboard)

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I should also add that programming forum that was requested a long time ago...
and move "TechTalk" to "General" :refuck:
RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by WDZ on 01-21-2005 at 04:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
there are far to little subjects/threads about messenger graphics
I agree... there were many more skinning-related threads back when this thread was first started. Now it's not such a useful idea.
RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by John Anderton on 01-21-2005 at 07:00 AM

Graphics as a subforum in well ....... forum and website :confused:??
It would be helpful. And mabbe even a subforum like programming.
I mean a joint forum for prog. and graphics. There u can post all probs regarding any code or image editing or whatever.
Good idea (Y)

RE: RE: new section to these forums: "GRAPHICS"?.. by Ash_ on 01-21-2005 at 07:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Graphics as a subforum in well ....... forum and website :confused:??
It would be helpful. And mabbe even a subforum like programming.
I mean a joint forum for prog. and graphics. There u can post all probs regarding any code or image editing or whatever.
Good idea (Y)

i agree with the new forum. even if they are just sub-forums in say General Chit-Chat. it'd be great to have people post Image Tutorials, hell i'd even post some 32Bit Assembly tutorials for those willing to learn. Sure there are alot of other forums as this, but if you think about it none of them are as nice and 'cool' as this one. WDZ and Chris done a great job of this forum, theres others which are they whole gay and more and i dont know how to work them :(.

but i suppose i could live without them if no-one can be stuffed making them (Y).