Shoutbox

New MP2 Screenshot - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: New MP2 Screenshot (/showthread.php?tid=1724)

New MP2 Screenshot by Patchou on 10-17-2002 at 02:53 AM

For the past two days I've worked on the Events Log feature.... the visual part is now complete and I thought you may be happy to see what it looks like. If not, don't bother taking 50Kb from my monthly allowed traffic ;)

[Image: eventslog.jpg]

[no subject] by WDZ on 10-17-2002 at 02:57 AM

That looks great! Nice work! :d

[no subject] by Misterjad on 10-17-2002 at 04:39 AM

It isn't one of the best feaure but it seems pretty good... heu i don't know how to say it in english so french, sorry [french]La chronologie des évéements ne devrait elle pas être plutot de bas en haut (au lien de haut en bas)[/frecnh] it was about the way of the events .... :s

[no subject] by Patchou on 10-17-2002 at 04:50 AM

what about the "sort order" you mean... well, I prefer it to be the way it is shown, which means last entries go down. There is a line count limit which removes the first entries when necessary.

[no subject] by WDZ on 10-17-2002 at 05:02 AM

Is the limit customizable? And can the full event log be saved to a file? That would be nice...

[no subject] by Muss on 10-17-2002 at 05:19 AM

Looks very nice  :cool:  (Y)

As DZ asked, are you able to set how many things will be able to be seen in that window?

And I think it would also be good if we were able to amke it so that we can sort it from oldest-newest and newest-oldest

lil programming question by Valentin on 10-17-2002 at 09:20 AM

Hmm... Patchou? What API function do you use for getting the Messenger window (conversation) text? I'm not asking for your source code here  :grin: ! Just for the API function. You're using it for the logger I believe. After getting the IMWindowClass handle, do you need to search for the child window handle and get the text from them using the getwindowtext function or... ? I'm not very sure of this part. Ok, thanx in advance for your answer, even if you'll not want to reveal your way of doing things  :happy:

[no subject] by Gergith on 10-17-2002 at 11:36 AM

it would be very cool if everything was just thrown into a text log file... and sure the nice display format may only be for X amounts.. but still! oh, and for the display, can we have the option to sort by contacts, or time?

[no subject] by Patchou on 10-17-2002 at 02:16 PM

For the sort orders, I'll see about that this evening. Of course you have the option to log everything in a file and the line limit is customizable.

Valentin: there are several ways to do it. I won't tell you the one I use but, in your case, the best way to do it is to get the IConversationWindow interface (well, the name is something like that... check in the Messenger API documentation). Their you have a get_History() method that gives you the window handle of the conversation window.

[no subject] by reisyboy on 10-17-2002 at 04:47 PM

looks realyl kewl patchou

[no subject] by Menthix on 10-17-2002 at 11:04 PM

Nice, even nicer if you could save that data to a txt log file. And even more nicer: options to automaticaly lanch that window when you go into (personalized) away/brb/lunch/offline etc.

Keep the new features flowwing.... yur gonna kick gammasoft down to the ground :D

[no subject] by Dandin1 on 10-17-2002 at 11:26 PM

Misterjad: [french] Je crois que la chronologie des évènement est dans un bonne ordre. Je ne vois pas pourquoi tu voudrais savoir la première évènement plutot que la dernière! [/french]

[no subject] by Menthix on 10-17-2002 at 11:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dandin1
Misterjad: [french] Je vrois que la chronologie des évènement est dans un bonne ordre. Je ne vois pas pourquoi tu voudrais savoir la première èvènement plutot que la dernière! [/french]
[english]I vrois that the chronology of the event is in good an order.  I do not see why you would like to know the first èvènement rather than the last![/english]
[no subject] by Dandin1 on 10-17-2002 at 11:38 PM

You used a translater didnt you? My message is full of typos!  :tongue:

*goes correct them*

[no subject] by Menthix on 10-17-2002 at 11:39 PM

yeah... google :)

[no subject] by Chrono on 10-18-2002 at 03:05 AM

Nice (H)

[no subject] by Misterjad on 10-18-2002 at 04:42 AM

@ dandin1
[french] Tu connais les logs de plus! ? Tu va a la fin pour voir le dernier en date, et bien je trouverais ça plus logique de faire la même chose pour le log des events [/french]

it's a reply for dandin1

[no subject] by Johnny_Mac on 10-18-2002 at 01:26 PM

Yeah yeah... shut it with the french.. you agreed to the english only thing when you signed up.

[no subject] by Patchou on 10-18-2002 at 03:08 PM

Misterjad and Dandin ... the system log is currently in the same order as the chat logs... last entries are at then end... so what's your problem ? ;)

[no subject] by Misterjad on 10-18-2002 at 03:20 PM

johnny> sorry you're right, i wont do it anymore, i promise ;)
patchou>yeah you're right too i'm sorry(too)....... you know when i stand up early morning i can't well open the eyes...:s:s

[no subject] by Blue Hiker on 10-20-2002 at 08:21 AM

Looks good. :grin:

"You have been flaged as being idle": You made a spelling mistake -- it's "flagged". Just thought I'd let you know. :happy:

"Contact has modified its...": I think that this should be changed to "Contact has modified his or her...". Firstly, it makes it consistent with MSN; and secondly, it just makes the whole thing a bit more personal.

The fact that my only gripes are about language says something, I think. Great work, keep it up. :happy:

[no subject] by Patchou on 10-20-2002 at 04:42 PM

Thanks for pointing these mistakes... I would be great if you participate to the beta program, at least to correct all my sentences ;)

[no subject] by jw on 10-21-2002 at 08:15 PM

Could you make it possible to (optionally) call the contacts by their email address instead? It's sometimes easier than looking up on the list who is who, since all my contacts keep changing their names.

BTW - it would be great if I could do the beta program too; i speak C++

[no subject] by Misterjad on 10-22-2002 at 04:44 AM

a new screenshot patchou?

[no subject] by Johnny_Mac on 10-22-2002 at 10:36 AM

Patients... it all makes a great suprise when we see it works... esp if we dont know what it looks like.

[no subject] by Patchou on 10-22-2002 at 02:45 PM

Listen to Johnny, he speak the truth ;)

[no subject] by ginge on 10-22-2002 at 04:13 PM

But can't spell the truth - its patience.

[no subject] by Menthix on 10-22-2002 at 07:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nakamura
quote:
Posted by Johnny_Mac
Patients... it all makes a great surprise when we see it works...
Who are you calling a patient? :grin:
We're all patients....

....pPsychological Messenger Plus! addicted patients... :D
[no subject] by shine on 10-23-2002 at 04:45 AM

MP2 Psychos :grin:

[no subject] by Johnny_Mac on 10-23-2002 at 01:13 PM

Exactly... :grin:

[no subject] by Menthix on 10-23-2002 at 04:49 PM

Why aint msgplus2@hotmail.com talking to me??? :'(

[no subject] by reisyboy on 10-23-2002 at 06:07 PM

its jmac joke :p

[no subject] by xerox on 10-23-2002 at 07:58 PM

Looks great!!

But please read this:

Everywhere else in Windows you just click the columns to sort dy date/name ascending/descending.

I hope this can be done in this window also, as I would prefer to have the last changes on top (that's what you see first, and you won't have to scroll down to se tha latest changes).

What do you say, Patchou?
:happy:

[no subject] by ginge on 10-23-2002 at 08:02 PM

If it saves the sort order you give from one session to the next then whatever the default sort order is doesn't matter.

[no subject] by xerox on 10-23-2002 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ginge
If it saves the sort order you give from one session to the next then whatever the default sort order is doesn't matter.

Perfect  :grin:
[no subject] by richard2002 on 10-24-2002 at 09:23 PM

question u kno how u can have 1200 carictors now with plus dose the other user ned to have it as well as i know thats the case with some features for some programs

[no subject] by rjsomeone on 10-24-2002 at 10:47 PM

When I check msnmsgr.exe with OLE/Com object viewer, you get a lot of API shit. (See attachment). Maybe that will help?

[no subject] by user2319 on 11-01-2002 at 09:54 PM

all patients(including me) are psycho not ok they need a new screenie!!! or they wont survive :sad: oh yeah do the :members: already have alpha`s?? or who does (except Patchou hiszelf, Jae and shine (correct if its wrong..)

[no subject] by Menthix on 11-01-2002 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by messenger add-ons fan
all patients(including me) are psycho not ok they need a new screenie!!! or they wont survive :sad: oh yeah do the :members: already have alpha`s?? or who does (except Patchou hiszelf, Jae and shine (correct if its wrong..)
Patchou hiszelf, Jae and sholin
[no subject] by Chrono on 11-01-2002 at 10:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by messenger add-ons fan

Nope, we don't have alpha's...
[no subject] by shine on 11-02-2002 at 09:39 AM

LOL we are waiting for Gamma :grin:

[no subject] by mofaisy on 11-21-2002 at 04:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by shine
right we are waiting for gamma but i think its time for another screen shot of the tester :huh:
plus one suggestion.....wouldn't it be nice if u add the SMS feature in MP2 :huh:  i mean not just to states but all over the world SMS service  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:
[no subject] by user2319 on 11-22-2002 at 02:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mofaisy
quote:
Originally posted by shine
right we are waiting for gamma but i think its time for another screen shot of the tester :huh:
plus one suggestion.....wouldn't it be nice if u add the SMS feature in MP2 :huh:  i mean not just to states but all over the world SMS service  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:
yup it would be cool!  :grin:
[no subject] by TWDman on 11-22-2002 at 05:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mofaisy

Yeah, that would be cool, but I dont think it's possible. Don't ask why I think that, coz I'm not a programmer, I'm only a MsgPlus!-addict
[no subject] by AI on 11-22-2002 at 06:04 PM

I think it is possible, you can already send SMS 2 every1 in ur contact list that has his phone number registered.
And there are also sites where you just have to register and log in 2 send SMS.
So why don't you create 1 MP2 account and a shortcut with menu in msn?

[no subject] by Juancho on 11-22-2002 at 06:16 PM

You'll probably crash the server... thousendof ppl sending sms in one acc... :P

[no subject] by user2319 on 11-22-2002 at 07:54 PM

hmmm.........  *Juancho might be right

[no subject] by Zerg on 11-23-2002 at 04:39 AM

i wanna know soemthing
how big will it be?
like the size
around..

[no subject] by Juancho on 11-23-2002 at 05:51 AM

It'll be small, don't worry (Y)

View last changes by mycroes on 11-23-2002 at 10:46 AM

Everyone is worrying about needing to scroll down to see the last line, and also the last change there has been. But Patchou himself sayd we can set the number of lines that will be shown, so if you want to see the last change immediately just set the number of lines to something that will show them all in the window at once  :tongue:

Forgive me if there is any spelling or other mistake, because I'm not English, I'm Dutch...

[no subject] by AI on 11-23-2002 at 12:09 PM

Me too, but Dutch people are generally better @ english then americans with their stupid spelling (writing @ least)

RE: New MP2 Screenshot by mofaisy on 12-23-2002 at 05:22 PM

If small then why not go for it ..... let me suggest something here .... lets make a poll to find out if it is a useful feature or not.
cheers ;)

RE: New MP2 Screenshot by dudboi on 12-25-2002 at 11:47 AM

I have a suggestion about the events log window. Can you make it inside meseenger? like maybe when you minimize messenger it minimizes along with it instead of having in like an extra form... i know i've been saying this for a while but i really hope to see this feature implemented

RE: New MP2 Screenshot by denkeeper on 01-05-2003 at 07:17 PM

Isnt it like everyone is queueing up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And cant wait to download ??

Patience ... where has it gone.  Let the developers work !!!
Den