Shoutbox

Live Long and prosper (all translations) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: Live Long and prosper (all translations) (/showthread.php?tid=17387)

Live Long and prosper (all translations) by CookieRevised on 10-30-2003 at 11:09 PM

Here two links were you can find the translation for this well known quote from Spock...

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Jupiter/9170/vulcan/llap.htm
http://www.angelfire.com/md/startrekkie1701/llap.html

RE: Live Long and prosper (all translations) by Mnjul on 10-31-2003 at 11:57 AM

The one in Chinese is used quite often when we greet people in Chinese New Year...:lol:

Nice;)

RE: Live Long and prosper (all translations) by Athomo on 11-02-2003 at 11:13 AM

Very nice :D

RE: Live Long and prosper (all translations) by Fraisie on 11-03-2003 at 04:35 AM

What we were looking for ! Woohoo !!

But are they litteral translations or what was used in Star Trek ? (I know, my question is not clear lol)

RE: Live Long and prosper (all translations) by Huuf on 11-03-2003 at 07:37 AM

I think when there's klingon language is in it, that it is from the movie

RE: Live Long and prosper (all translations) by Choli on 11-03-2003 at 10:58 AM

The spanish translation at those pages is very similar to the one we used, but I like more our translation :)

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
But are they litteral translations or what was used in Star Trek ? (I know, my question is not clear lol)
I understand you, but I'm not sure of tyhe answer. The spanish translation (translated into english again) is Long life and prosperous.
RE: Live Long and prosper (all translations) by jpg050 on 11-03-2003 at 01:58 PM

The other day, William Shatner appeared in a episode of "The Prince of Bel Air" (yes, it's still aired xD) and the translation they used was "Larga vida y prosperidad"
I prefer ours, anyway.

RE: RE: Live Long and prosper (all translations) by Dutchwall on 11-04-2003 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
The one in Chinese is used quite often when we greet people in Chinese New Year...:lol:

Nice;)

yups same to me. i wish my girlfriend that sentence in chinese and my familiy in duthc :)
RE: Live Long and prosper (all translations) by NapalmLos on 11-22-2003 at 10:22 PM

Well.. the supposed Danish version is wrong:

---
Lev længe og blomstre
Fred og langt liv
---

Initially it can be discussed, if "at blomstre" (the equivalent of "to flourish") is the best translation to use in the context. According to my knowledge that term in the given context is seldom used. But it's hard to find another translation that fits as good, if it should sound a bit like the English imperative.

On the other hand; spelling's not something you can discuss - the verb "blomstre" is "blomstr" (imperative)!

RE: Live Long and prosper (all translations) by Chrono on 11-22-2003 at 11:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jpg050
"Larga vida y prosperidad"

Thats the one i used in the spanish latin translation :P

Whats urs choli ? Im too lazy to change the language.. :P

RE: Live Long and prosper (all translations) by Choli on 11-23-2003 at 09:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Thats the one i used in the spanish latin translation :P

Whats urs choli ? Im too lazy to change the language.. :P
Larga vida y prosperidad...
btw, jpg050 also translates into spanish spain ... are you soooo lazy to not read?? :chrongue:
quote:
Originally posted by jpg050
the translation they used was "Larga vida y prosperidad"
they used that and we too