Shoutbox

English Translation [Dialog.EventLog] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: English Translation [Dialog.EventLog] (/showthread.php?tid=17454)

English Translation [Dialog.EventLog] by CookieRevised on 11-01-2003 at 01:21 PM

I noticed that in the Original English translation (properly also others)
The menu in [Dialog.EventLog] hasn't any shortcuts (&) assigned...

In the Dutch translation I've added them...

RE: English Translation [Dialog.EventLog] by Leif on 11-01-2003 at 01:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
In the Dutch translation I've added them...

They are already in the Swedish translation! :)
But I noticed I had &K twice! Now changed - thanks, CookieRevised!
RE: English Translation [Dialog.EventLog] by sock on 11-05-2003 at 12:42 AM

Uhh.... how the hell can Alt shortcuts be used in there? O_o

I mean, it's a right-click menu... that means you have to use your mouse to display it, which means there's no need for keyboard shortcuts... no? :-/

RE: English Translation [Dialog.EventLog] by CookieRevised on 11-05-2003 at 01:33 AM

Right click, then press the shortcut letter....

RE: English Translation [Dialog.EventLog] by sock on 11-05-2003 at 02:00 AM

Oh, I see......

But how is the user supposed to know the shourtcut letters, they're not underlined? :S

RE: RE: English Translation [Dialog.EventLog] by Leif on 11-05-2003 at 06:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sock
But how is the user supposed to know the shourtcut letters, they're not underlined? :S

We keyboard freaks have - of course - unticked this particular box: see attached pic

RE: RE: English Translation [Dialog.EventLog] by Meksilon on 11-05-2003 at 06:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sock
Oh, I see......

They ARE underlined unless the user has them turned off, but pressing a key (such as down) should display them in that case.
RE: English Translation [Dialog.EventLog] by sock on 11-05-2003 at 07:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Meksilon
They ARE underlined unless the user has them turned off, but pressing a key (such as down) should display them in that case.
I haven't turned anything off, this is the defualt Windows XP behavior. You must untick the option Leif mentioned to have them show up. And pressing the down arrow key didn't help, too...

Well, thanks for explaining this to me, now I know what you're all talking about for a change... =)
RE: RE: RE: English Translation [Dialog.EventLog] by Leif on 11-05-2003 at 09:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Meksilon

I think the default setting is NOT to show them.
But you can display them by pressing the Alt key. Which of course does NOT work in a right-click menu!
RE: English Translation [Dialog.EventLog] by CookieRevised on 11-05-2003 at 04:44 PM

Actually, by default they all are ON in Windows.... I just said that in Messenger Plus! in that right-click menu that there AREN'T shortcuts like in any other menu... So afcourse you couldn't see them unless the translators add them...

RE: English Translation [Dialog.EventLog] by Mippo on 11-05-2003 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Actually, by default they all are ON in Windows.... I just said that in Messenger Plus! in that right-click menu that there AREN'T shortcuts like in any other menu... So afcourse you couldn't see them unless the translators add them...
You're the translator here... so what are you arsing about? :gfdrin:

RE: English Translation [Dialog.EventLog] by CookieRevised on 11-05-2003 at 08:14 PM

I'm not arsing about anything, read my first post.... It was just a comment.... then the fussing started about not able to see them... Well afcourse you can't see them if there not added.... I made a statement in my first post that I added them (in the dutch translation)......