Shoutbox

Thank you Plus! the block checker - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Thank you Plus! the block checker (/showthread.php?tid=17469)

Thank you Plus! the block checker by lylesback2 on 11-01-2003 at 09:24 PM

if it wasn't for plus, i never would of solved this blocking case :D  i love the event log window :D

Please note the times are all the sametime, indicating all changed at the sametime the contact came online... thus she unblocked me

quote:
[16:10:51] <§kankY>[-Sh: thanks for unblocking me
[16:11:29] <§kankY>[-Sh: [11/01/03 - 15:05:43] Jimmy+Elisa Inlove
           Forever (away) not at the computer Jimmy please just love.
           I Love You Sweetheart (******@hotmail.com) -
           Contact is now online
           [11/01/03 - 15:05:43] Jimmy+Elisa Inlove Forever (away) not
           at the computer Jimmy please just love. I Love You
           Sweetheart (******@hotmail.com) - Contact may
           have modified his/her home phone: 1 *** *** ****

have modified his/her work phone: 1 800 Dreamer

have modified his/her mobile phone: 1 900 Inlove

[16:11:40] Jimmy+Elisa : well you were being an ass before and i wasnt
           in the mood for it and you never talked to me anyways so
           why would have been the point of keeping you on my list
[16:11:42] <§kankY>[-Sh: aka you unblocked me
[16:11:50] <§kankY>[-Sh: ohhh ohh i see how it is
[16:11:57] <§kankY>[-Sh: so how long have you been offline for?
[16:12:07] Jimmy+Elisa : blocked you not offline
[16:12:12] <§kankY>[-Sh: well blocked me for
[16:12:29] Jimmy+Elisa : what?
[16:12:35] <§kankY>[-Sh: how long did you block me for?
[16:13:01] Jimmy+Elisa : i have no idea
[16:13:06] <§kankY>[-Sh: we'll i'll check
[16:13:18] Jimmy+Elisa : you hacking bastard lolz
[16:13:19] <§kankY>[-Sh: and thats how long im gonna block you for.
[16:13:23] <§kankY>[-Sh: bye.
[16:13:25] * Jimmy+Elisa Inlove Forever has been blocked
Now with the scheduler, i set a date on when to unblock her, LOL
RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by CookieRevised on 11-01-2003 at 10:07 PM

Errr..... doesn't that happen also if a contact has changed his/her phone number, etc offline and then comes online???

---------
EDIT
Nope, it isn't possible when you're not signed in to change your phonenumbers, you're right; so it is a deblock-checker (if someone has changed his phonenumbers though)
Discovered also that if a contact is set 'appear offline' and is in your list and this contact changes his/her phonenumbers, that the eventlog will show this also, thus with this you can see if someone is hiding his online status...

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by lylesback2 on 11-03-2003 at 05:52 AM

yes. but i confronted her about it :P

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by Fraisie on 11-03-2003 at 11:54 AM

Ouuuh... never thought of that before... Well Patchou, you did a feature you didnt even know of ! :P

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by bach_m on 11-03-2003 at 12:19 PM

WOW! its almost taht block checker he refuses to ad:refuck: but this is kinda hard to figure out!

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by Stigmata on 11-03-2003 at 12:37 PM

so when some one has blocked you there phone number changes? does the contact maneger still work when the person has blocked u?

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by Wabz on 11-03-2003 at 02:59 PM

If someone blocks you, you cant see there phone number anymore whereas if they were just offline you can still see there phone numbers :)

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by KnightieBoy on 11-08-2003 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wabz
If someone blocks you, you cant see there phone number anymore whereas if they were just offline you can still see there phone numbers :)
IF they have phonenumbers filled in, right? :S
RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by dotNorma on 11-08-2003 at 07:53 PM

Not Many people care to put there phone numbers online so I dought it is the usefullest thing in the world...

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by lylesback2 on 11-08-2003 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KnightieBoy
IF they have phonenumbers filled in, right? :S
yes

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger_Plus!
Not Many people care to put there phone numbers online so I dought it is the usefullest thing in the world...
it still works tho :P
RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by EvilSeph on 11-08-2003 at 09:05 PM

quote:

People put fake ones or some stupid messages in them though...
RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by billywoods1 on 11-08-2003 at 09:48 PM

Hmm. Let me ask you - if someone blocks you, you check for a phone number and you don't find one. How do you know whether or not they had one anyway? They might have blocked you... they might never have added one... they might have deleted it and gone offline... and so on. :P

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by CookieRevised on 11-08-2003 at 09:56 PM

Read the (confusing) thread again:
If someone has set APPEAR OFFLINE and changes his phonenumbers (delete, alter or add -whatever-), YOU see the change in your Event-window.... When someone has BLOCKED you, you obvious see nothing anymore, unless that person deblocks you again....
;)

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by BooGhost on 11-08-2003 at 09:57 PM

but... wait till that person is online again, if her/his pohne number s appear again it's very likely that he/she might of blocked you ;)

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by CookieRevised on 11-08-2003 at 10:12 PM

because... you can't edit the phonenumbers when you're not signed
in. So to change them, you have to be online:
* if you set your status to -whatever- everybody will see the change....
* if you block someone first, he/she wont see the change, but will see the change when you unblock him/her again....

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by s7a5 on 11-09-2003 at 07:20 AM

great discovery i hope patchou wont fix this little bug :P

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by CookieRevised on 11-09-2003 at 05:11 PM

its not a bug :p

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by lylesback2 on 11-09-2003 at 07:15 PM

it's ment to do that... and it's great for finding people who blocked you

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by CookieRevised on 11-13-2003 at 05:13 AM

Ok, this is how it all happens:
It only works if your contact has phonenumbers or has just changed/added them.
(you may need to read this a couple of times to get the hang of it)

BLOCKING
* Contact has a phonenumber the moment he blocks you...
-> You DO see a phonenumber change in the eventslogs...

* Contact hasn't a phonenumber the moment he blocks you...
-> You DON'T see a phonenumber change in the eventslogs...

* Contact has a phonenumber the moment he deblocks you...

* Contact hasn't a phonenumber the moment he deblocks you...
-> You DON'T see a phonenumber change in the eventslogs...

LOGGED IN (even offline)
* Contact hasn't blocked you and is logged in (no matter what status, even in 'offline'-status) and changes his phonenumber to something else...

NOT LOGGED IN
* contact changes phonenumber (no matter if you are blocked or not) while you are offline...
-> Next time you come online, you DON'T see a phonenumber change in the eventslogs...

USING THE MENU
* If the contact hasn't a phonenumber set...
-> right-click on the contact, the 'phone contact' item is DISABLED...

* If you are not blocked and the contact has a phonenumber set...
-> right-click on the contact, the 'phone contact' item is ENABLED...

* If you are blocked and the contact has a phonenumber set...
-> right-click on the contact, the 'phone contact' item is DISABLED!!!!

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by ling_vob on 11-13-2003 at 06:45 AM

and there you have it, the answers to all lifes little secrets:P thank you for clearin that up for us cookie..despite the fact i prob have more questions now then i did to begin with lol

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by WallIsland on 11-15-2003 at 05:55 AM

so they need to have phone numbers listed, but what if they don't? i still kind of not getting this.

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by Tochjo on 11-15-2003 at 09:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WallIsland
so they need to have phone numbers listed, but what if they don't? i still kind of not getting this.
Then you can't use this trick to check for blockings, because it won't show up in the Event Log Viewer. I think CookieRevised made it quite clear in his post, about three posts above this one.
RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by Starkade on 11-15-2003 at 05:30 PM

I'm just wondering if the newest MSN plus tells you if other people have blocked you...  I have a person on my list that I didn't think would block me, but it says (Blocked) beside their name, and then their status...  I haven't blocked them on accident, I checked that...  So I'm wondering if they have blocked me?!?!  Hmm...  Is there anyway to find out??  Besides this phone number hoopla??

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by Tochjo on 11-15-2003 at 05:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Starkade
I'm just wondering if the newest MSN plus tells you if other people have blocked you.
Patchou said he would never include a feature like that, because he considers it to be a breach of privacy. Therefore it is unlikely it has got something to do with Plus!.

Try talking to him and see if he can see your message. In that case, he hasn't blocked you. Another possibility is that he has just added (Blocked) behind his name, for some strange reason.
RE: RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by lylesback2 on 11-15-2003 at 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
quote:

People put fake ones or some stupid messages in them though...

even if they just put a "." in it... aslong as you right click and "Make a phone call" is in bold and black, and if you click properties and it says Home, Work, or Mobile is showen, then it will work :P (before your blocked)

also... if you see the contact log off and his phone numbers change at the exact same time.. then it's kinda easy to put 2 and 2 together.  if they just come online the sametime as there numbers change, then you can only assume they unblocked you.
RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by Ryan on 11-15-2003 at 05:59 PM

Hmm.. strange.. the phone thingie isn't working here

I asked her to block and unblock me ..
All i got was:
[15-11-2003 | 18:51:59] ||..(F)..Miranda..(F)..|| ....The Voice Within....|| (**@hotmail.com) - Contactpersoon is offline.
[15-11-2003 | 18:52:17] ||..(F)..Miranda..(F)..|| ....The Voice Within....|| (**@hotmail.com) - Contactpersoon is online.
Using:

Messenger Client Version: 6.1.0155 (dutch)
Messenger Plus! Version: 2.51.0068 (dutch)

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by Tochjo on 11-15-2003 at 06:05 PM

Did she fill in her phone numbers?

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by lylesback2 on 11-15-2003 at 06:15 PM

right click her name and look under properties... see if she has anything filled out :P

RE: RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by lylesback2 on 11-15-2003 at 06:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Starkade
I'm just wondering if the newest MSN plus tells you if other people have blocked you...  I have a person on my list that I didn't think would block me, but it says (Blocked) beside their name, and then their status...  I haven't blocked them on accident, I checked that...  So I'm wondering if they have blocked me?!?!  Hmm...  Is there anyway to find out??  Besides this phone number hoopla??

no, it doesn't tell you if people have blocked you... you need to look in event logger and use the trick to figure it out on your own... and you will need to be online at the time they block you... if they have blocked you before you logon, or before Plus! was installed, then you will not find out... theres a block checker for that.
RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by Not Quite Jim on 11-15-2003 at 06:19 PM

You gotta admit, it's pretty pointless using this method if it doesn't always work when you could just use an online block checker like the one on mess.be...

RE: RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by Ryan on 11-15-2003 at 06:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback
right click her name and look under properties... see if she has anything filled out :P

Nice one ;) .. no she didn't *-)
RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by Tochjo on 11-15-2003 at 06:41 PM

So then it doesn't work :P

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by CookieRevised on 11-15-2003 at 06:45 PM

:@ read the first couple of posts in this thread if you got questions and how-to's, it's all explained I think. And no, it isn't meant as a block-checker, It's just something that happens sometime when someone (un)block you/change phonenumber

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by Tochjo on 11-15-2003 at 06:46 PM

So basically, what CookieRevised is trying to say, is that it could be used as a block checker in some special circumstances, though it wasn't designed for it.

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by CookieRevised on 11-15-2003 at 07:38 PM

NO ;)
A block-checker is somehting YOU initiate,
This whole thing with the phonenumber you DON'T initiate, it just HAPPENS, thus it isn't like a checker at all....

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by Tochjo on 11-15-2003 at 07:44 PM

Whatever :S

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by BooGhost on 11-15-2003 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
NO ;)
A block-checker is somehting YOU initiate,
This whole thing with the phonenumber you DON'T initiate, it just HAPPENS, thus it isn't like a checker at all....
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
Whatever :S
yeah but still his right.....

i would be a Block-Shower :P

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by lylesback2 on 11-15-2003 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Not Quite Jim
You gotta admit, it's pretty pointless using this method if it doesn't always work when you could just use an online block checker like the one on mess.be...
what if you don't know they blocked you?  i search my event log before clearing it to see it somebody changed there numbers ;)  then use mess.be block checker to verify... so it's easier to spot blockers this way :P
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
So basically, what CookieRevised is trying to say, is that it could be used as a block checker in some special circumstances, though it wasn't designed for it.
you got the right idea lol

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by xlife on 04-19-2004 at 09:01 PM

Does this nolonger work? I haven't seen any of these messages in months. And when I've asked people to block me who have phone numbers added, they just go offline, no "contact may have modified his/her phone number to: (none)".

Or is it just me?

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by CookieRevised on 04-19-2004 at 10:06 PM

Well, this "block-checking" works only if phonenumbers are reconized correctly and I tested this again and the thing is, phonenumber changes aren't detected anymore it seems... If I change the phonenumber on 1 account of mine, the other doesn't reconize this and still shows the old one!!... very strange if you ask me... is this a possible bug in the "new" protocol?

RE: RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by xlife on 04-19-2004 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Well, this "block-checking" works only if phonenumbers are reconized correctly and I tested this again and the thing is, phonenumber changes aren't detected anymore it seems... If I change the phonenumber on 1 account of mine, the other doesn't reconize this and still shows the old one!!... very strange if you ask me... is this a possible bug in the "new" protocol?

Yes quite possibly, it's been like this for a while, at least a week or so. Quite a serious problem if you nolonger want your phone numbers displayed for whatever reason.
RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by Wabz on 04-19-2004 at 10:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xlife
Yes quite possibly, it's been like this for a while, at least a week or so. Quite a serious problem if you nolonger want your phone numbers displayed for whatever reason.

Damn right it is I dont display them anymore incase people realise i've blocked them.  Howay Microsoft get it sorted

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by TedoDude on 04-20-2004 at 06:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2

Sorry - slow... is this with a reminder in the scheduler or does the scheduler actually perform this action... if so how...???

RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by CookieRevised on 04-20-2004 at 06:14 PM

[OFFTOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by TedoDude
quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2

Sorry - slow... is this with a reminder in the scheduler or does the scheduler actually perform this action... if so how...???
nope, it's only a reminder...
The schedular can't perform "tasks"... It can execute programs thought, but only if you click on the toast (popup) that comes up on the given time...
RE: Thank you Plus! the block checker by TedoDude on 04-20-2004 at 06:56 PM

Yet another idea for Patchou in a later version... :P