Shoutbox

Dutch: text doesn't fit - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: Dutch: text doesn't fit (/showthread.php?tid=17662)

Dutch: text doesn't fit by Re-Mi on 11-04-2003 at 04:26 PM

hey all,

in the beginning there were just one or two words that didn't fit.
but now we are getting more and more text in windows and it doesn't fit anymore.
i inserted an example of the update screen.
maybe it's an idea to let the translators ajust the screens or somebody who know's what they are doing before a release i know i'm a bit late but with the example i'm missing a few line that may be inportant.
hope that you all know what i'm talking about

greetz,
( i know in the beginning greetz was © WhiteShark but i haven't seen him around lately ;) )

[Image: attachment.php?tid=17662&pid=157138]

thnx for moving fraise ;)

RE: text doesn't fit by Leif on 11-04-2003 at 04:40 PM

Might be that this amount of words somehow corresponds to the amount of Dutch people involved in the translation. Just a hunch! :P

RE: Dutch: text doesn't fit by Mippo on 11-04-2003 at 07:04 PM

I've seen that a LOT in the old translation... didn't really check this one tho... it's kinda annoying and unprofessional. :-/

* Mippo is going to check this version as well some day... :chrongue:

RE: Dutch: text doesn't fit by Tochjo on 11-04-2003 at 07:33 PM

Suggestions:

Er is een update beschikbaar. Het is aanbevolen dat je de software update om gebruik te kunnen maken van nieuwe en verbeterde functies, en een grotere stabiliteit.

Wijzigen in:
Het wordt aanbevolen dat je Messenger Plus! bijwerkt vanwege nieuwe en verbeterde functies en meer stabiliteit.

Text1
De update is volledig automatisch. Klik op "Downloaden" om de benodigde bestanden te downloaden. Er wordt een bericht weergegeven als de update klaar is om geïnstalleerd te worden.

Wijzigen in:
Na het klikken op de Download-knop worden de nieuwe bestanden opgehaald. Er wordt een bericht weergegeven wanneer de update geïnstalleerd kan worden.

Post edited because Mippo is too lazy :dodgy:
Post edited again because my text was still too long.

RE: Dutch: text doesn't fit by Mippo on 11-04-2003 at 07:37 PM

Please put in the original message, I'm too lazy to check... :P

RE: Dutch: text doesn't fit by KnightieBoy on 11-04-2003 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
Suggestions:

Messenger Plus! kan worden bijgewerkt. Het wordt aanbevolen dat je de software bijwerkt vanwege nieuwe en verbeterde functies en meer stabiliteit.

Text1
Bijwerken gaat volledig automatisch. Na het klikken op de Download-knop worden de benodigde bestanden gedownload. Er wordt een bericht weergegeven wanneer de update geïnstalleerd kan worden.
en dit staat waar? :undecided:
and where do you see this? :undecided:

(I wanna check :P )
RE: Dutch: text doesn't fit by Tochjo on 11-04-2003 at 07:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KnightieBoy
en dit staat waar? :undecided:
and where do you see this? :undecided:
Those messages in italic are my suggestions and are currently not in the language file.

Original texts are under [Dialog.UpdateNotif].
RE: Dutch: text doesn't fit by Mippo on 11-04-2003 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Those messages in italic are my suggestions and are currently not in the language file.

Original texts are under [Dialog.UpdateNotif].

Gawd post it then! :P

* Mippo checks... Argh, I have to DO something to DO something... :p
RE: Dutch: text doesn't fit by Tochjo on 11-04-2003 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mippo
Gawd post it then! :P
I did, I edited my post for you :)
RE: Dutch: text doesn't fit by Mippo on 11-04-2003 at 08:05 PM

quote:
I did, I edited my post for you :)
Ok thank you... sorry... :$ However, I don't agree with your first edit... I doesn't make it clear that there's a new update :S
RE: Dutch: text doesn't fit by Dutchwall on 11-04-2003 at 09:42 PM

oke edited the Nederlands.ini file. we only have to wait for next update of Messenger Plus! now. The fix will be included there :)

greetz,

RE: Dutch: text doesn't fit by sock on 11-05-2003 at 01:01 AM

This is exactly why I think the translators beta versions of Plus! should allow browsing through all of the Plus! windows without having to trigger them like a normal user.... :p

I had a problem with that window as well because it's so hard to trigger... The problem wasn't with the text length, but with the text direction/alignment, which only Patchou can fix. Oh well. :p

Greetz. ;)

RE: Dutch: text doesn't fit by Choli on 11-05-2003 at 10:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sock
This is exactly why I think the translators beta versions of Plus! should allow browsing through all of the Plus! windows without having to trigger them like a normal user.... :p

I agree, but I think that the best thing Patchou can do is make a program, apart from Plus!, that would contain all the resources (dialogs) of Plus! and let the translators display all the windows. Of course that program won't do anything but displaying windows and messages
That would be very useful, because we'd be able to check our translation better, without doing other things [reshacker] to see if the texts fit or not.
RE: Dutch: text doesn't fit by CookieRevised on 11-05-2003 at 04:30 PM

Well, My answer to all this (I'm one of the translators), check your versions first before posting ;)
It was already updated in the new translation (v2.51.68): This is the text in this version (there was no need to change it!)

Text1=De update is volledig automatisch. Klik op "Downloaden" om de benodigde bestanden te downloaden. Er wordt een bericht weergegeven als de update klaar is om geïnstalleerd te worden.
Message=Er is een update beschikbaar. Het is aanbevolen dat je de software update om gebruik te kunnen maken van nieuwe en verbeterde functies, en een grotere stabiliteit.

And in this version there are NO texts anymore that are too long (I've check this with ResourceHacker, dialog extraction and moddification, before sending Patchou the last update)

BTW: From now on (v2.51.68) I've included a version number on the first comment line of the translation, you can reffer to this when making suggestions....

-------------
EDIT
agreed with sock and Choli (now I do this with Resource hacker...)