Shoutbox

Biiiiiiiiiiig problem!!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Biiiiiiiiiiig problem!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1793)

Biiiiiiiiiiig problem!!!! by Patchou on 10-24-2002 at 12:55 PM

Hello guys,

Messenger 5 has just been officialy released and apparetnly, Microsoft is not giving the documentation for its new API.... that basically means that I'm screwed... I'll do some research this evening... if I can't find a way to access the API of Messenger 5, MP2 is dead...... I'll post udpated about it as soon as I have any.

Patchou.

[no subject] by Menthix on 10-24-2002 at 01:26 PM

Just saw it too... but i guess it's a little to soon to say they're not releasing the API?
If they really don't release it... hmmm... yeah... :s f**ked up :'(...
Ofcoure... Windows Messenger stays living from what i've heard, so MP2 wouldn't be for nothing... but...... d*mn.. i'm gonna find some info on those API's......

Some More info by Menthix on 10-24-2002 at 01:39 PM

Hey Patchou... had a quick talk to Dwergs (mess.be admin):

Here's what he kinda said:

quote:
A little note to the bot and add-on programmers out there: MSN 5 Does not have a pre-installed API. So it will be more difficult to make new add-ons. It still holds the old API from the 4.6+ versions, but the old 1.0 Type Library has been removed. The other API has to be patched manually since it will not link itself to your application in the registry. This means you will have to learn the new API (and provide a registry patch in your app for msn 5) or you will have to learn the Windows API and make apps the hard way.

And some more (translated from Dutch):
quote:
The API's are still the same, only the 1.0 API is taken out, and the API on XP is disabled by default... API2.0 works.

[no subject] by Menthix on 10-24-2002 at 02:39 PM

Also Posted a topic in the official Microsoft newsgroup, let's hope this problem can be fixed:

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/previ...@TKMSFTNGXA11%253E

BTW, people... if somebody know a solution or any... you can reply by following the above link when you don't wan't to register an account here.

[no subject] by Dreamingweb on 10-24-2002 at 02:48 PM

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?u.../001/359/topic.xml
Is where you'll find the API

[no subject] by Menthix on 10-24-2002 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamingweb
...Is where you'll find the API
Yes, but that isn't the real MSN5 API, or is it? Because that page already exisited for about a year or so. We need the API that works with MSN5
[no subject] by Patchou on 10-24-2002 at 03:32 PM

Thanks for the info Jaw, I'll use it this evening in my research... do you know what they mean by "the API is disabled by default in XP"? how can I enable it then? the page you referenced has not been updated and still has the documentation of Messenger 4.6, not Messenger 5.

Dammit..... I have to know how to activate this API!!!!!! Anybody!

Patchou.

[no subject] by Menthix on 10-24-2002 at 03:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
...do you know what they mean by "the API is disabled by default in XP"? how can I enable it then?...
Not sure.. i'll ask him if he knows more once he get's on.
msn 4.60083 by sheep_threat on 10-24-2002 at 07:05 PM

http://download.microsoft.com/download/msnmesseng...en-us/mmssetup.exe

just in case u want to backup ure old msn version before u try version 5..or u need msn 4.6.0083 to let msgplus work again..

if u want other languages just changes the ' en-us ' part
for example change it in1' nl ' for the dutch version ;)

[no subject] by reisyboy on 10-24-2002 at 07:56 PM

NOOO

Well we need to find the msn5 API, hmm maybe wait a few weeks see if msn release it then.

Messenger Plus works! by TheQz on 10-24-2002 at 08:16 PM

In windows messenger 5, under winxp sp1, i only have a Plus! menu in the chat window, not in the main window.
i used my shortcut and then i noticed that the plus! menu was there. i thought it wasn't there before so maybe someone else should try this?
IRC commands and the log seems to function perfectly.
i havent tried any of the other functions with keyboard commands cuz i dont use them and havent customized them.

some use?

[no subject] by Sholin on 10-24-2002 at 08:18 PM

It worked that much on the beta releases of MSN 5... I'm sure there will API documentation, drop on MSN patchou, ill do some research and drop you a line if i find anything

[no subject] by reisyboy on 10-24-2002 at 08:19 PM

no it doesn't it is incompatable, some command work, nto many.

[no subject] by Misterjad on 10-24-2002 at 08:52 PM

maybe we should wait one or two weeks before they can update all the websites.... or wait the coming of windows messenger 5 to have an api

[no subject] by reisyboy on 10-24-2002 at 09:00 PM

window messenger 5 is out now!

[no subject] by reisyboy on 10-24-2002 at 09:20 PM

no it probablty does hav a API but microsoft haven't released it!! That how i understood it of WinBeta And Mess.be and IEXBeta

[no subject] by Menthix on 10-24-2002 at 10:52 PM

This was Posted By rjsomeone, in the "New Screenshot" topic:

quote:
When I check msnmsgr.exe with OLE/Com object viewer, you get a lot of API shit. (See attachment). Maybe that will help?

Attachment: msnapi.JPG (153.85kb)
This file has been downloaded 1 times

http://jae.xs4all.nl/files/msngrapi.jpg
[no subject] by Menthix on 10-24-2002 at 10:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by reisyboy
no it probablty does hav a API but microsoft haven't released it!! ...
Rhee question is then... WILL they release it? is so... WHEN???
[no subject] by Menthix on 10-24-2002 at 11:11 PM

BTW... Patchou?? How many feautures will we be missing whitout those API's?
I mean... Plus! 1.42b is already partialy working with MSN5, some other things will work with just a little tweaking.
And i'm very sure that some things that you already had created in MP2 are also working, and even some more with a little tweaking.

Now, if you combine the 1.42b and MP2 things that already work.... how many do you have... OR how many stays behind that definitly won't work?

I think that it won't be THAT much features that would work whitout MSN5 API.... and ofcorse everything will continue to work on Windows Messenger (4.x).

In the meanwhile, peope, keep the API information / tips / workarounds / everything coming! There should be some way to get it fully work on MSN5 :s
Maybe Microsoft releases the MSN5 API in the next few days, if not... does somebody knows a workarround?

[no subject] by Patchou on 10-25-2002 at 12:26 AM

Well, Messenger Plus! 1.4 was still compatible with Messenger 3.6 so it didn't use any part of the API. For several reasons, MP2 uses the Messenger API heavily. No API, no update. I'm working on it right now.

[no subject] by Misterjad on 10-25-2002 at 08:33 AM

msn messenger 5.0 is out but not windows messenger !
see :http://messenger.msn.fr/support/features.asp

so maybe we have to wait until his coming, i don't know

[no subject] by reisyboy on 10-25-2002 at 08:53 AM

I have emiled my m$ uncle see if he has any info or can get any.

[no subject] by 2Cold_Scorpio on 10-25-2002 at 11:36 AM

When installing Windows Messenger 5, I somehow managed to keep it from updating Windows Messenger 4.7, meaning I have both functioning on my system just fine.  The Plus menu and several of the options are disabled in 5, but I found several that still work.  And since I still have 4.7, you can still edit Plus options. 

THis stuff still works:

-chat logging (it appears to work anyways)
-the emoticons popup box when typing a '(' stil lappears
-chat windows still have transparency; main MSN window does not

A lot of stuff I haven't tested yet or found workarounds for 'em.  The auto-away messages  DOES NOT work.  Thats about the only other feature I've tested yet.  I think Quick Text works, but that was never a feature I used much. 

By the way, for those who wan to keep Windows Messenger 4 when isntalling 5, do this (note:  I dont know if 5 always installs seperately, of if I just managed ot do it myself).

When Messenger asks you to update to Messenger 5, go to More Info. page so yo ucan get to where Messenger 5 is (when I did this, there was a page for both the old Messenger and the new one!).  After yo uget ot the Messenger 5 site, go to the Downlaod page, download Messenger 5 installer (I saved it to the harddrive...running it from the Net didnt work).  After you saved it ot the harddrive, completely close Outlook, Outlook Express, IE, and everything else yo uhave to so you can COMPLETELY close Messenger (right-click the icon in the task menu and go to Exit).  After Messenger is completely closed, run the installer.  When its finished, Messenger 5 will load...but you still have Messenger 4!  Dont believe me?  Make a shortcut to Messenger before you do all this...my old shortcut runs Messenger 4, the icon in IE runs Messenger 5.  You might want to go into Messenger 4 and turn off "Start when Windows starts" and "Auto-login".  SImply turn those options on in Messenger 5.  THis will make 5 the default, but you'd still have version 4 availible.   :grin:

[no subject] by jpg050 on 10-25-2002 at 12:47 PM

Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger are different things, (although they do the same things) So in XP you can have Windows Messenger 4.7 (no v5.0 for this yet) and MSN Messenger 5... nice

[no subject] by Patchou on 10-25-2002 at 01:07 PM

Yep, that's what I did too.

Concerning the API, it is distributed with Messenger 5, but the documentation for it is not on Microsoft Web Site. Also, I've found out that some part of the API are disabled by default in Windows XP... I suppose this is because Windows Messenger 5 hasn't been released yet.

[no subject] by reisyboy on 10-25-2002 at 01:29 PM

So,,,,, do you think MP2 will still be possable flowwing the release of windows messenger 5?

[no subject] by Patchou on 10-25-2002 at 02:10 PM

Well, as I previously said, if I don't find a way to use the API of Messenger 5, MP2 will stay on my hard drive for ever. Next week, if there is still no good news, I will release a fix for Messenger Plus! 1.42 so that it completly works in Messenger 5. I didn't want to do it but if Microsoft forces me, I have no other choice.

wants some help ? by octopussy on 10-25-2002 at 02:20 PM

Hi Patchou  :rolleyes:

I'm a developper, and had personaly developed some code with msn API (4.7).
So if u want to discuss with me of how to solve some of your features to work with 5.0, just msn me (octopussyme@hotmail.com)
Any help I can bring to u, I'll do it with a geat pleasure ;-)
I have also all MSDN access in my company...
Just tell me!
I use MS Studio .Net (VC ++ 7.0)

Regards
Octopussy

[no subject] by Patchou on 10-25-2002 at 04:25 PM

Thank you, I'll contact you asap.

For those of you who are wondering what would be thrown away if MP2 was to die, here is a quick list of things that I already coded and that was working very fine (just celebrating one month of full time work on this new version).

* Boss Protection that changes your icon, hides your windows and provide a lot more options
* Global improvement of everything, such as Text Recall, Quick Icons, etc...
* Event Viewer (as see in a previosu post)
* Contact Manager. This allows you to quickly remove the contact you never see or talk to from your contact list
* Lots of IRC like commands... currently about 20
* Quick Texts improvements such as aliases and parameters
* POP mail checker
* Multi user support
* Station Lock
* Association of sounds for contacts going online
* Working on multi color/format texts, like in IRC
* .... do I have to continue? .... I'm kinda frustrated  :undecided:

My only hope is now in the hands of Microsoft.

Patchou.

[no subject] by drumbum on 10-25-2002 at 07:05 PM

ok...... :undecided:

so, what should i do? i have both messengers (windows 4.7+msn 5.0) does any one have any idea for when the new windows 5.0 comes out? cuz XP wont let me uninstall win. mess. 4.7, which i would want to do and keep msn, cuz there is a 5.0 for that. btw...why did microsoft have to go and screw things up again?! why couldnt they release msn and windows mess. 5 at the same time? would make things a world easier if you ask me :grin:

[no subject] by billywoods1 on 10-25-2002 at 07:58 PM

Do Microsoft know that Messenger Plus! exists? If they do (and they approve of it) I hope they'll release some documentation. If they don't know about it, they may think that there is no need to release anything...

Anyway... don't let it just sit there and rot! Windows XP users (of which there are now quite a lot) can still use it, can't they? And if they can't and nothing else works... could you give us the source code so that someone else could have a try?

Good luck on finding a solution, though... we're counting on you.

[no subject] by krisgreen65 on 10-25-2002 at 08:32 PM

dunno if this is of any help. i've been lookin for ya all nite, and i found it in the most stupid place lol

G :shocked:

[no subject] by WDZ on 10-25-2002 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by krisgreen65

dunno if this is of any help. i've been lookin for ya all nite, and i found it in the most stupid place lol
On the Messenger home page? :rolleyes:

I don't think Patchou needs those... they're the v4.6 documents... :undecided:
[no subject] by Chrono on 10-26-2002 at 12:54 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:'(:'(:'(:'(

Jesus... damn Microsoft... :angry:

[no subject] by shine on 10-26-2002 at 05:03 AM

Dont jump into conclusions lets wait... I hope they will release it, may be after some time :undecided:

[no subject] by ginge on 10-26-2002 at 09:03 AM

I haven't managed to get a copy of MSN 5 yet, but surely the API is either there (and viewable as a COM interface) or not, and documentation is irrelvant?

If there is genuinely no API then couldn't an API be created by the hook interface - i.e. transforming data received by the hooks into a COM object model? Then other Addon's could be grafted on top, and Plus! could do the underlying hook API and then use it.

[no subject] by ginge on 10-26-2002 at 09:26 AM

Update:
It appears that Msg++ 0.1 works on MSN 5.0, but not 0.9. Version 0.1 is available at http://www.nmitchell.co.uk/programs/msg++/, and the source code is available too. This uses a different API to get in and do its work, which seems not to have been killed. You can port to this API, you will loose some features, but at least you will have an addon.

[no subject] by krisgreen65 on 10-26-2002 at 09:37 AM

ok, never mind, i just thought that the API's for the latest version would be here, as it does say the 'API's for the lastest version of msn messenger' on the page...... keep looking, they will release it soon.. could patchou release an update the the previous Plus! until he finds out about the API's for this version?  :huh:

G

[no subject] by reisyboy on 10-26-2002 at 10:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ginge
Update:
It appears that Msg++ 0.1 works on MSN 5.0, but not 0.9. Version 0.1 is available at http://www.nmitchell.co.uk/programs/msg++/, and the source code is available too. This uses a different API to get in and do its work, which seems not to have been killed. You can port to this API, you will loose some features, but at least you will have an addon.
are you going to update version 0.9 to work with 5.0?
[no subject] by ginge on 10-26-2002 at 02:45 PM

Msg++ is no more - Better MSN is the GPL, Open Source, remote CVS sourceforge project (http://sourceforge.net/projects/better-msn/). Better MSN steals all its code off Msg++, and will support MSN 5.0, with all the new features in 0.9, and hopefully none of the bugs :)

Raw Code for MSN 5? by Dreamingweb on 10-26-2002 at 05:06 PM

Surely, sniffing the raw commands for msn msgr 5 would solve SOME of your problems? :huh:

[no subject] by Patchou on 10-26-2002 at 05:42 PM

Ginge, all the APIs are still there but have been removed and protected somehow.

What is the API you're talking about which still works in Messenger 5? I would be very interested in that... I'm not asking for more that getSttus, getSigninName, and all that kinf of stupid functions! ;)

Thx,
Patchou.

[no subject] by ginge on 10-26-2002 at 05:53 PM

MessengerAPI, as found in msmsg.exe\3, still works. Messenger, as found in msmsg.exe, doesn't.

I haven't actually got MSN 5, so I can't confirm it, but someone tested it for me, and the program was able to create the first object but not the second.

To confirm if this API is available on your copy of MSN (5.0 or whatever) simply download Msg++ 0.1 (http://www.nmitchell.co.uk/programs/msg++/) and run it, if it doesn't crash straight away then it works.

If this is the case when someone installs 5.0 directly, instead of upgrading, or uses MSN 8.0, or uses XP, or whatever, I don't know, but it works on at least one copy of 5.0.

It has get status/signin name etc. The ones it is lacking from Messenger are set signin name, who is not on your contact list, and a few others.

Sollution by timothy on 10-26-2002 at 09:05 PM

I hope this will work, Look on www.mess.be for my article (main news) it will explain everything about the new MSN 5 API

[no subject] by Jizah on 10-27-2002 at 01:34 AM

well that really sucks...

[no subject] by Patchou on 10-27-2002 at 04:38 AM

Ginge, you know what..............

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's so great!!!!!!! ok, now have to understand how tho use this API. My god that's so great :). The only problem I've found so far is that it does not work in WinXP... however I'm pretty sure that the trick explained on mess.be will do the job for it. In any case, I'm pretty sure Microsoft will release Windows Messenger 5 pretty soon.

I'll let you know if this finally solves my problem but chances are that it will, at least partially.

Patchou.

[no subject] by Chrono on 10-27-2002 at 04:52 AM

quote:

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's so great!!!!!!! ok, now have to understand how tho use this API. My god that's so great :). The only problem I've found so far is that it does not work in WinXP... however I'm pretty sure that the trick explained on mess.be will do the job for it. In any case, I'm pretty sure Microsoft will release Windows Messenger 5 pretty soon.

I'll let you know if this finally solves my problem but chances are that it will, at least partially.

Patchou.

That's so great !  :cheesy:
So U wont make a 1.43 so we can use plus! in the ugly V5 ? When will be released MP2 then ?
[no subject] by SystemDown on 10-27-2002 at 09:37 AM

Wowww Patchou, that is very very great news! I only have WinXP so I can't test. Today I shall install an old version I think:)

I have tested the trick explained on mess.be to use it in WinXP but it doesn't work for me.

I have patched the registery with the given register code and then in VB added a reference to the "Messenger API type library" and used the folowing code:

Dim msn As MessengerAPI.Messenger

Private Sub Form_Load()
  Set msn = CreateObject("MessengerAPI.Messenger")
  Caption = msn.MyFriendlyName
End Sub

This codes starts msn 4.x...very strange...how to fix it? Whats wrong?

Rene

[no subject] by reisyboy on 10-27-2002 at 10:35 AM

kewl patchou, i go off to me uncle now see if he can get a release date on the Windows Messenger 5.

[no subject] by Menthix on 10-27-2002 at 11:21 AM

Wheeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... i'm sure that XP thingie can be fixd soon... and that APi that yure using now is documented SOMEWHERE right? ah well... ginge was using it on msg++, so ask him.

That's the truth: Windows Messenger hasn't been released by Albux on 10-27-2002 at 12:51 PM

Hello everybody!! I have found this message in the newsgroup of microsoft. I hope this helps you!!

Greetings Danil,

There isn't a Windows Messenger 5.0 yet (as in, it isn't going to be released in the next
week) but there may be one (should be) in the future.

MSN Messenger 5 is designed to install on XP -- but only as another seperate application, it
does not replace Windows Messenger.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com

"Danil Premgi" <premgi99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:f5ff01c27d46$bbdb4f50$3aef2ecf@TKMSFTNGXA09...
> Hi!
>
> Basically i've checked some of the posts they all talk
> about the MSN instllation over Win Messenger but my
> questions is when shall there be a Windows Messenger 5.0?
>
> Is MS going to be releasing one or do XP users have stay
> with v4.7.105?
>
> I've seen MSN 5.0 all my friends are using that because
> all of them are on W2K apart from me i've used it and i
> advertise and tell people to try if but my self i'm out
> of date (me getting a bit jealous now....LOL)

[no subject] by SystemDown on 10-27-2002 at 12:52 PM

I have installed :huh: WinME :huh: a hour ago and now the API works fine. But I can't find a way to change the FriendlyName:(:( Is it possible?

I also think the WinXP fix will come soon. Or Windows Messenger 5.0...

Rene

[no subject] by ginge on 10-27-2002 at 01:13 PM

quote:
It has get status/signin name etc. The ones it is lacking from Messenger are set friendly name, who is not on your contact list, and a few others.

[no subject] by SystemDown on 10-27-2002 at 01:31 PM

Hmm I can't understand that quote  :shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:  I'm not very good at englisch you see  :lipsrsealed:

Rene

[no subject] by ginge on 10-27-2002 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SystemDown
But I can't find a way to change the FriendlyName:(:( Is it possible?
No, not using that API.
[no subject] by SystemDown on 10-27-2002 at 01:39 PM

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

[no subject] by SystemDown on 10-27-2002 at 01:50 PM

Yesssssssss I'm also very very happy with that! It is great news!! But  I don't like that I can't make NCK, my nickname changer, working on msn 5.0 :angry:

Rene

[no subject] by SystemDown on 10-27-2002 at 02:17 PM

Hmm I think Microsoft haven't made the possibility to change the Friendlyname because it uses much server traffic... So I think it won't be in a next MSN version..

I think I know a solution. I have no time to make it now, but it is as follows:
We can open the option dialog. Maybe by using the buildin api, otherwise by simulating a click in the "Extra" menu. Than we can set the new nick in the textbox. And then simulate a click on the OK button... It supposed to work!

I shall try this next week. If someone have made something to change the friendlyname, contact me.

Rene

[no subject] by ginge on 10-27-2002 at 02:56 PM

Good idea on how to change the name, lots of things would need looking into (what if they already have the dialog open etc.) but it will almost certainly work.

A possible idea would be to write "MSN API Plus!", giving a single unified API to MSN that works on all platforms/MSN versions properly, using available API's if possible and hooks/hacks where not. Also the existing MSN API sucks, lots of things are dubious at best (signin/signout is beyond broken), so I would like it.

[no subject] by SystemDown on 10-27-2002 at 03:54 PM

Hm..about changing the name. If have looked for it, but I found a problem. I can execute the Options dialog and point it to the General tab with:

code:
msn.OptionsPages 0, MOPT_GENERAL_PAGE

This works fine. But the problem is that I don't get the handle of the opened window. The return value gives some other info:
Return Value

Returns one of the following values:
S_OK Success.
E_FAIL Could not create the Options dialog box or the Messenger object has not been created or is not responding.
S_FALSE The Options dialog box is already open. The second call will change the mOptionPage value (Option tab) in the foreground if the value is different.(..)
MSGR_E_AUDIO_UI_ACTIVE Called this method while the Media Wizard dialog box was enabled and visible.
MSGR_E_CONTACT_UI_ACTIVE The Add a Contact or Find a Contact dialog box of the Messenger client (modal dialog box) is currently open.
MSGR_E_LOGON_UI_ACTIVE The Sign in dialog box of the Messenger client (modal dialog box) is currently open.

We can use that return value, but now we don't know the handle. I can find the Handle by searching for the option dialog. The parent of the window is the desktop. The class name is "#32770 (Dialog)" Is this standart for a dialog in windows or typically for MSN? If it is standart we have to use the window caption to get the handle of the option dialog. This would be a big problem cause every msn language has an other caption. Mine is "Option" cause I use the dutch version. In that case we have to include the caption for every different language... The click-simulation shall not cause any trouble I think.

I like the idea for making a "MSN API Plus!" but I have not much time to work on it. But if someone make it is very great and helpful for everyone.

Rene
[no subject] by user2319 on 10-28-2002 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:

Patchou.

That's so great !  :cheesy:
So U wont make a 1.43 so we can use plus! in the ugly V5 ? When will be released MP2 then ?
yahooooh LAUGH OUT LOUD LOL :grin:  :cheesy:  :happy:  :cool:  :wink:
[no subject] by reisyboy on 10-29-2002 at 01:04 PM

Little more nes good news form mess.be

quote:
Timothy is currently working on an MSN 5 add-on that will change *everything*. It will provide an external API that will hold more features than the old 4.x API. We have tested the first alpha’s of the mess serve application on different computers and all test were positive. Some features that are already working:
- bypassing the forbidden words (and it goes one, two, three);
- changing your contact lists buddy names locally (like this);
- customizing alerts (believe it!);
- and customizing mail settings (screamshot;)).

Features that can be done with this little API (next to the old API features) will be logging incoming and outgoing messages, creating customized messages with your own filter, send and receive raw data from and to the server. Note that this project is yet unfinished and Timothy may release it to other developers to complete. [Messed by dwergs]
Go thereto see the shoot, but it looks liek good news :-)
[no subject] by dropy on 10-30-2002 at 02:31 PM

Hello, I don't know if this is the right place, but.... I have patched the register in order to be able to import the messenger 5 API type library, but when i try to make a instance of any object an error message appears saying that class is not registered. Viewing the register I can see that for example msnmsgr.exe is registered but not msnmsgr.exe/2, how can I register it?

Thanks

[no subject] by Patchou on 10-31-2002 at 08:06 PM

if it was that easy, I would have never talked about API problems in the first place :)

[no subject] by Johnny_Mac on 10-31-2002 at 10:26 PM

Ok... little question.

MP2 will work in MSN 4.x and 5 yes?

So msgplus! 1.4 will be discontinued? Or will you release a version for people to use Msgplus! 1.4 in any version of MSN they like?

[no subject] by Menthix on 10-31-2002 at 11:22 PM

How many % will actually be using MSN lower then 4.X? And 1.42b works good on the 3.X versions, so i don't see why there should be an update.... ppl will just have to hold on a little longer for 2.00.... but when it's released... it'll rock!!!

[no subject] by Johnny_Mac on 11-01-2002 at 10:37 AM

Example... i dont like MP2 (for some reason) but love Plus! (1.4). I also like MSN 5... therefore problem... I cant use it on 5... which is my question, will they be a minor release just to fix that?

[no subject] by Patchou on 11-01-2002 at 04:30 PM

Nope sorry.... I don't want to support multiple versions of my own software... if you do not like MP2 then it means that I didn't do my job correctly and I have to redo it. Even if you don't care about any of the new feature of MP2, it can still be used the same way as MP1.4.

[no subject] by Chrono on 11-01-2002 at 05:54 PM

quote:
Nope sorry.... I don't want to support multiple versions of my own software... if you do not like MP2 then it means that I didn't do my job correctly and I have to redo it. Even if you don't care about any of the new feature of MP2, it can still be used the same way as MP1.4.

Will MP2 be compatible with 4.x MSN messenger versions ?
Maybe someone dislikes MSN V5.. (me)  :rolleyes:
[no subject] by reisyboy on 11-01-2002 at 06:09 PM

I hope so, i would think it will be (i hope it will be)

RE: Biiiiiiiiiiig problem!!!! by Skwid on 11-26-2002 at 12:04 AM

Hi Patchou and others,
While looking on the Microsoft Newsgroups today I found this:

http://communities.microsoft.com/Newsgroups/previ...8@tkmsftngp09%253E

Greetings Ryan,

The Windows Messenger development still continues -- and there will be a 5.0 version.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com

Hope this helps

RE: Biiiiiiiiiiig problem!!!! by Skie on 11-26-2002 at 12:23 AM

interesting. i'm running Win .NET RC1, unfortunately, and noticed that the Type Library that I have on 2K doesn't exist. The interface (IMessenger) still exists, but I'm assuming the problem is with not having a type library, or the right type library. is there a reason that the 2K library doesn't work on win.net?

will COM development be different for Win.NET than for 2K? if its not, then i don't really see why Messenger should be any different.

its not a big deal, because i'm running 2K with VMWare anyways, for compatibility. still, it'd be nice to have the ability to do dev work outside of VMWare.

RE: Biiiiiiiiiiig problem!!!! by Musha on 12-21-2002 at 11:30 PM

I hope those bums at microsoft do soon

RE: Biiiiiiiiiiig problem!!!! by wade39 on 12-22-2002 at 12:16 AM

For jUses Christ's saKe!!!
Micro$oft is screwing things up again.... They think it is NICE to screw up someone's HARDWORK.... And they "don't" know their Messenger NEEDS modz SUCH AS Messenger PLUS.

SHe is a pITy.......