Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released (/showthread.php?tid=18167)

Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Patchou on 11-16-2003 at 04:27 AM

Hello everyone,

once again, Messenger Plus! has been updated. Version 2.52 includes several important fixes (colors in names are back!), a new feature that should please all of you who are using custom emoticons, and a completely rewritten sponsor acceptance setup screen. In the past months, I received many complains from people who installed the sponsor program by mistake; as I want to keep all my users happy I made it almost impossible to install the sponsor without realizing it. For more information about the new sponsor "security measures" and the other improvements present in this new version, checkout the version history page. I hope you will all enjoy this new release! :)

Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Dane on 11-16-2003 at 04:28 AM

Yay for Patchou! Its GREAT!  Its really worth it.  The new features own!

Zone Mirror: Plus! 2.52

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by chris on 11-16-2003 at 04:36 AM

I see you changed the way the accept sponcor thing goes.. i hope you still get the money you need.. sorry i dont install it :$ but i love plus and great work(Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by bach_m on 11-16-2003 at 04:37 AM

DLing now!

-----------
Edit:

love the custom emotes! tnx. (no way to organise contacts by cuxtom names, huh?)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Sk3tch on 11-16-2003 at 04:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
(colors in names are back!), a new feature that should please all of you who are using custom emoticons, and a completely rewritten sponsor acceptance setup screen
wow, You have been busy! I'm glad the colors are back in the names, and i like the feature you added with the custom emoticons. (trying to let people find it them selves) and im sure that setup will stop a lot of complaints from people :) Thankyou, Nice work Patchou :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by firecracker on 11-16-2003 at 04:52 AM

Thanks Patchou!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Jeronimo on 11-16-2003 at 04:56 AM

I much as I would defend you, in my heart of hearts, I knew it wasn't the best idea to have "I accept" selected by default. With this new version, I don't think anyone can critisise you any more (although some punk probably still will :undecided:)

For me, its the most important new "feature" of this release. Top marks to you Patchou for listening. But I always knew what kind of guy your were from the start.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by s7a5 on 11-16-2003 at 04:57 AM

nice one :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Mnjul on 11-16-2003 at 05:08 AM

Yay Patchou!!

Patchou: Please update plugin source code files asap...;)

Mirror updated:
http://www.ck.tp.edu.tw/~ck910833/self/stuffpic/MsgPlus-252.exe (3,035,136 Bytes)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by ben_b on 11-16-2003 at 05:09 AM

Love it... been loving it ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by volkl on 11-16-2003 at 05:23 AM

awesome work patchou (Y) love the new custom emoticons feature :D
:banana: <--- look, even mr banana is happy!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Fraisie on 11-16-2003 at 05:35 AM

Kicks ass, like usually ! ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by DarKnight on 11-16-2003 at 05:35 AM

Yay! The custom emoticons in the quick icons panel rules. :banana:

Edit: And being able to use colors in your nick again. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by DXtremz on 11-16-2003 at 06:01 AM

Great job Patchou, very fast response to Microsofts blocking control codes. Once again, Patchou rocks :)

:bow:

Current Version: Messenger Plus! 2.52.0071
(- Download -)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Chrono on 11-16-2003 at 06:16 AM

well done

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Stigmata on 11-16-2003 at 08:13 AM

great work-------15th reply

Congratulations ! by DIABLO_Denver on 11-16-2003 at 08:40 AM

Well, I just wrote this because I was dissapointed about my nick in colour and patchou did it again :) he solved the problem (Y) :p

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by KnightieBoy on 11-16-2003 at 08:41 AM

as always nicely done Patchou :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by zigomar10 on 11-16-2003 at 08:44 AM

great job, Patchou!!! (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by bmtaylor on 11-16-2003 at 10:37 AM

Thanks Patchou.

I defy anyone to say that they didn't know about installing the sponser now, although natural evolution will always breed a better idiot ^o)

UK Mirror
Download :plus2: HERE:plus2:

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Tochjo on 11-16-2003 at 10:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bmtaylor
although natural evolution will always breed a better idiot
:lol:

Anyway, thanks for the new version! Especially the custom emoticons in the Quick Icons panel is great! :D
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by nus on 11-16-2003 at 10:54 AM

Great work, :bow:Patchou:bow:

We:many: (L) :plus2:

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Kryptonate on 11-16-2003 at 11:34 AM

it rocks :)(y) thx :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Not Quite Jim on 11-16-2003 at 12:00 PM

Despite risking being sued, "I'm lovin' it". :D

You're possibly the world's best *legal* programmer...

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by |Rolando| on 11-16-2003 at 12:02 PM

gr8 custom emoticons feature :D
and I guess those critics who were complaining about the sponsor could shut up now...

Thanks Patchou :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by reisyboy on 11-16-2003 at 01:18 PM

Whu da man . Patchou the Man (Y)
:D:D:D

Well that was a scary few days without colour names lol :)

Well done :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by slang123 on 11-16-2003 at 01:45 PM

Wow, just when u think it cant get better... it does. Sounds naff but is sooo true. I personally think there was no need for the sponsor to be unticked by default but at least uve finally put an end to those annoying people spamming this forum telling people not to use Plus!. Once again, very good work and keep it up!

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by lizard.boy on 11-16-2003 at 02:32 PM

Great job patchou.. now i just have to get my whole list to update... well there acouple peopl i dont but thats not the point:P

I Never really used colors too often but its great to be able to use them again

do you think a move up and move down button can be added to the custom emotes sorter? thats the only thing i can think of as an imporvement. well maybe just using the defaults so you dont have to keep typing in a text to insert.

All in all patchou is better than M$. Who agrees?

5 bucks says that the charictor that patchou used is blocked with the next protocol update :refuck:

[Image: mininana.gif]:banana::plus2::banana:[Image: mininana.gif]

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by theguy on 11-16-2003 at 02:38 PM

Excellent Patchou. i can have christmas colors. i was scared i couldn't.
lizard.boy-10 bucks that it will be blocked by the M$ asses.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Andy999 on 11-16-2003 at 02:45 PM

Did anyone else get a Virus in REM9F.EXE when installing the latest version ? The update came via the internet and my machine was virus free before installing it. Luckily my Anti Virus software trapped it !!!!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by slang123 on 11-16-2003 at 02:45 PM

I also have a suggestion for the quick emoticons. Now that u have impelented a PNG viewer in the quick emoticons panel for the custome emoticons, u can now use it for the normal emoticons instead of those slightly ugly bitmaps

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Tochjo on 11-16-2003 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andy999
Did anyone else get a Virus in REM9F.EXE when installing the latest version ?
Most certainly not.
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by --=TD=-- on 11-16-2003 at 03:01 PM

He must have installed the Sponsor...

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Andy999 on 11-16-2003 at 03:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by --=TD=--
He must have installed the Sponsor...

All that installed was the automatic upgade. What is the REM9f.exe file ?
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Choli on 11-16-2003 at 03:06 PM

Nice work Patchou :banana:

Btw, if I want to have this nick:
·#Choli
you should implement something to allow me to put those characters together without meaning bold ;)

quote:
posted at http://www.msgplus.net/?view=version
People who want to hide "says:" with some special color tricks can use the new /nick2 command. Note that I do not officially support this command, I just added it to avoid you the trouble to find some hack to go around the protections in /nick

What may happen when using the /nick2 command? What protections does the /nick command have?
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by theguy on 11-16-2003 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
What may happen when using the /nick2 command? What protections does the /nick command have?
i think the /nick command doesn't let you have ctrl+k without having words after it. /nick2 removes that. Please note that this might not be 100% tue, but its what i think is true.
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Andy999 on 11-16-2003 at 03:20 PM

I've just downloaded and installed the version from the MSGPlus webiste and when the setup program runs and accesses the internet (not sure what it's acessing) the virus message appears about a file in the TEMP directory, this time is was REM1D5.exe . See attachment

My system is protected by Anti Virus software, but there may be others that are not be so lucky. I would hate for this excellent program to be associated with a virus infection.

Can someone advise ?

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by lizard.boy on 11-16-2003 at 03:26 PM

quote:
it has the equilivilant to ctrl+o at the end of your name (i think thats it)
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by bach_m on 11-16-2003 at 03:28 PM

Andy999, are u instaling the sponsor? (just trying to narrow down)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Chris.1 on 11-16-2003 at 03:30 PM

quote:
I've just downloaded and installed the version from the MSGPlus webiste and when the setup program runs and accesses the internet (not sure what it's acessing) the virus message appears about a file in the TEMP directory, this time is was REM1D5.exe . See attachment

It sounds like  AVG is mistakenly picking up the sponsor as a virus. I'm sure I read that it was doing this somewhere else on this forum. Try updating your version of AVG and see what happens.
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by bach_m on 11-16-2003 at 03:34 PM

whered he say AVg? i'm getting ZOnealarm to see if i can replicate.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Tochjo on 11-16-2003 at 03:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
whered he say AVg?
Visible on the attached picture.
I am using AVG as well; didn't install the sponsor though. Didn't note any virus.
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by bach_m on 11-16-2003 at 03:38 PM

ya. just saw that. i'm helping him on MSN

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Chris.1 on 11-16-2003 at 03:39 PM

Did AVG not have problems with the sponsor before? I think I remember it being mentioned in another post.

UPDATE: see here - http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=16426&page=1

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Tochjo on 11-16-2003 at 03:42 PM

Previous "virus"/"trojan" thread was http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=16516.

I don't know much about these virus things, but the name of the virus does seem to have some resemblance with the previous one :-/

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by bach_m on 11-16-2003 at 04:01 PM

i figured out why ur firewall asks about it! its cuz the setup redirects you to msgplus.net!

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by billywoods1 on 11-16-2003 at 05:36 PM

quote:
Did anyone else get a Virus in REM9F.EXE when installing the latest version ? The update came via the internet and my machine was virus free before installing it. Luckily my Anti Virus software trapped it !!!!!!

I don't believe this at all, and forgive me if I'm being harsh or anything, that's why I edited this post - to tell you I don't mean any harm. I don't know you or have any reason to disbelieve you, but because of all the idiots that have spread rumours, I jumped to conclusions.

Anyway... great work Patchou, as usual. Thanks! :D
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Andy999 on 11-16-2003 at 06:13 PM

Bach_m was kind enough to spare some time and check this out. I installed the Sponsor version, didn't realise !  It looks like a similar thing happened before. I was just pointing this out so thoes in the know could investigate further.

If you don't belive it, then check the attachment I posted earlier. A virus was reported by my AVG software, which is why I posted a message here, as I couldn't see any other way of conatacting the software writers.

My belief is that It's better to be safe and report it, rather than say nothing.

My version of the program is now working, so I'll say nothing more on the matter.

Many thanks,

Andrew

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Patchou on 11-16-2003 at 06:27 PM

Don't worry about AVG warning,s we talked about it some month ago... AVG is detecting one of the sponsor installation files as being a virus.. as it has ben proven, it'S not true, you have nothing to worry about :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by fluffy_lobster on 11-16-2003 at 06:58 PM

:D great job Patch... I always thought the sponsor screen should be as it is now - if anyone complains now my axe is ready :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by lizard.boy on 11-16-2003 at 07:12 PM

is there any way to put the accept at the bottem of the sponsor readme? that would make people read it

note: winodws xp makes it easy to uninstal for ur freinds :P well.. once you explane remote assisstance it is

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by jpg050 on 11-16-2003 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fluffy_lobster
:D great job Patch... I always thought the sponsor screen should be as it is now - if anyone complains now my axe is ready :P

Sigh... everyone wanted to kill me when I suggested it... snif snif
Anyway, thank you Patchou for changin it.. and for the new features.
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Lady of Dreams on 11-16-2003 at 08:24 PM

Great as always, Patchou. :banana:

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Choli on 11-16-2003 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
quote:
it has the equilivilant to ctrl+o at the end of your name (i think thats it)

Yes, I know that's it, but why Patchou doesn't support (officially) the use of the /nick2 command? Any security risk or possible bug?
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by HiChaM on 11-16-2003 at 09:50 PM

AS ALWAYS !
PATCHOU YOU ARE MAKING US PROUD
NICE JOB

A NEW LINK TO DOWNLOAD FROM :

http://www.engineers.ms/msgplus/MsgPlus-252.exe

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by BooGhost on 11-17-2003 at 12:06 AM

GREAT :bow: as always :P

thanks Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Patchou on 11-17-2003 at 12:34 AM

quote:
Yes, I know that's it, but why Patchou doesn't support (officially) the use of the /nick2 command? Any security risk or possible bug?

nope.. jsut the fact that if you dont end your name with Ctrl+O, in system messages where your name is inserted by Messenger, the whole message will be formatted with the color... thats not very nice :)
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Weyzza on 11-17-2003 at 12:40 AM

*thekid claps his hands

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by kittyangel on 11-17-2003 at 01:09 AM

YAHOO! the update is great!  Thanks, Patchou! :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Odin.EXE on 11-17-2003 at 05:14 PM

Great job Patchou!!! Don't worry! I support you! I still install the Ad!

Anyway PAtchou.... Hope you read this...

Can you make something in future MsgPlus? I want like Window XP that kind... You can choose which email account to log in... Like XP version... PLEASES!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by bach_m on 11-17-2003 at 05:37 PM

what??? u mean a miltiple MSN thing??? u can get poligamy at mess.be

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Tochjo on 11-17-2003 at 05:42 PM

No, I think he means something like
[Image: attachment.php?tid=18167&pid=164037]

but for Windows 98.

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by lizard.boy on 11-17-2003 at 10:04 PM

ya i would use that too.. on my other comp and most people know patchou dosent do patches like ploygamy:P i wonder if it would be possible throu th api tho?

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Ice Queen on 11-18-2003 at 03:42 AM

good work patchou i even got a friend to download it too
keep it up(K)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by soccer5sg on 11-19-2003 at 01:52 AM

This is what we LOVE!

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Ponty on 11-19-2003 at 10:36 AM

Euu, was hopeing for some way of solving my 'auto change of display picture' wish, but also not solved in this version.

I once requested that a feature made it possible to specify a set of display pictures and that these may be automatically changed e.g. every 5 mins - that would be GREAT :D

With the new scheduler I thougt: wowowow, there it is, I just make an entry in the scheduler to repeat every 5 minutes and to execute the /pic command. But euuu, you can only repeat every day, week, month..., and you cannot send the /pic command from the scheduler, so there... not a solution ...

Still hopeing though - perhaps next release?

Patchou - did you notice my request the other times I made it, or perhaps this time ;-)

Is there a good reason for not making this feature?
(other than people request tons of features and of course you cannot make all of them at once ;-) )

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by CookieRevised on 11-19-2003 at 10:39 AM

There are plugins that can do this, There are links (and more info) in some threads on this forum about it... And for every suggestion that makes it into Plus!, there are 5 suggestions that don't... And Patchou will never add suggestion that (could) invate people's privacy... (not saying that the DP-changer will do that...although... maybe it does...)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by soccer5sg on 11-19-2003 at 10:53 AM

can anyone explain more on this /pic function?

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Ponty on 11-19-2003 at 11:13 AM

CokieRevised: I have simply no clue about how to invate peoples privacy by showing them different display pictures automatically, that I can already change between manually with the /pic command. Aparently you have a better fantasy than me...

soccer5sg: You can read about the commands here:
http://www.msgplus.net/index.php?view=cmdtag

The /pic command lets you change your display picture to one of those you have by refering to the name of the picture, e.g.:

/pic donald_duck

Best Regards

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by CookieRevised on 11-19-2003 at 11:35 AM

-OFF TOPIC-

quote:
Originally posted by Ponty
CokieRevised: I have simply no clue about how to invate peoples privacy by showing them different display pictures automatically, that I can already change between manually with the /pic command. Aparently you have a better fantasy than me...
If your DP is changed every 5 seconds, the DP must also be uploaded to your contact every 5 secs. Some may consider that invading there privacy...
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by bach_m on 11-19-2003 at 12:03 PM

or just using their bandwidth for stupid things :refuck: u always gotta think of theos 56k users ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Ponty on 11-19-2003 at 01:04 PM

CookieRevised: Ok, so I will be able to see their bank account by sending my picture to them every 5 secs?

I agree they might not like that I utilise a slow modem line for my fun, but then again I was not talking about 5 secs was I ? Think I said 5 mins, which is 1/60 of your example...

Now, the size of a 96x96 picture should be able to pass any modem line every 5 mins without degrading performance noticeably...

RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by CookieRevised on 11-19-2003 at 02:49 PM

-OFF TOPIC-
8-)
Wrong thread // old discussion // search forums for more info...

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by Odin.EXE on 11-19-2003 at 06:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo

but for Windows 98.

Yea! That is what I mean! I hope PAtchou will did something like that!
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by soccer5sg on 11-20-2003 at 06:49 AM

Hope Patchou will take in suggestions again... :^)

RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.52 now released by bra1nwash on 11-20-2003 at 04:08 PM

YAY! this is gr8, juz d/led it...:)

quote:
Originally posted by Odin.EXE
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo

but for Windows 98.

Yea! That is what I mean! I hope PAtchou will did something like that!

gr8 idea:) hope patchou will reply to this...