Shoutbox

Using a Live Webcam image as my MSN Picture... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Using a Live Webcam image as my MSN Picture... (/showthread.php?tid=18197)

Using a Live Webcam image as my MSN Picture... by -Spud- on 11-16-2003 at 03:10 PM

I can put a link to my live webcam url and it actually works however the webcam updates evey minute and MSN does not. Is there any way I can get MSN to automatically refresh the image every minute?

RE: Using a Live Webcam image as my MSN Picture... by Tochjo on 11-16-2003 at 03:49 PM

A program was made that could change your display pic automatically once in a while. Maybe you could use this to automatically update it every minute.

The program was mentioned in http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=14796.

RE: Using a Live Webcam image as my MSN Picture... by -Spud- on 11-16-2003 at 05:08 PM

Yep that works a treat, cheers Tochjo! Only prob is it's another program I have to install and have sit in the system tray. Do you think the same thing could be done but as a plugin?

RE: Using a Live Webcam image as my MSN Picture... by JaymachRalTir on 11-17-2003 at 08:39 AM

There already is a plugin that does that...either search this forum for Display Picture Changer or I'll see if I can find the file on my pc and attach it to a message here.

RE: Using a Live Webcam image as my MSN Picture... by -Spud- on 11-17-2003 at 08:49 AM

Thanks for the tip JaymachRalTir. Unfortunatley it does not work. I keep getting a runtime 13 error or something

RE: Using a Live Webcam image as my MSN Picture... by wipey on 11-17-2003 at 08:12 PM

this aint my prog, I got it from someone on msnfanatic I'm sure his/her name is on the prog somewhere, but it works a treat:)
u can set it to update from anything between 1 sec and a hundred or something

[edit]
actually this is probs the program you already have lol....damn!
[/edit]

RE: Using a Live Webcam image as my MSN Picture... by -Spud- on 11-18-2003 at 07:58 AM

WOW this works awesome!! Cheers wipey. Only prob now is I can't run my webcam url program at the same time :(. I can live with that though I think :)