Shoutbox

Big windows... 3.02.25 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Big windows... 3.02.25 (/showthread.php?tid=18266)

Big windows... 3.02.25 by frog on 11-17-2003 at 09:13 PM

Ok.. again, another version.. (3.02.25)

Download it.:P

Features include:

Diferent toast message (ie: [Image: Buddy.jpg]) ... this does NOT work with Longggggg msn names..

SAmller big windows...

Aligned and small buttons :p

plus a few extras

RE: Real msn (aka. Big windows).. Better than ever before! by lylesback2 on 11-17-2003 at 09:33 PM

:D  Now two versions are added into one version :D
The windows are so much easier to view, there alot easier to modify your stuff, when you need to find stuff quickly :D
A few hidden things, you will need to test it out and see :P

The buttons are corrected in this version :)  and you can see for yourself HERE  If you don't already have this, Download it NOW

If your looking for my older version, this fits 800X600, you can download it here:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/lylesback3/Programs/
Download msgslang.zip

RE: Real msn (aka. Big windows).. Better than ever before! by CookieRevised on 11-17-2003 at 10:02 PM

Sorry but i liked http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?tid=18173&pid=163658 much more... It looked far more professional...
Why did you spread out those buttons?
Try to have the same look for Backgrounds and DP's. Now the buttons are at different places.
And the buttons are not aligned well...
And take in account that there are people who uses 800x600 as there resolution, heck even with my 1024x786 thos panels take up the whole screen...

sorry :$

RE: Real msn (aka. Big windows).. Better than ever before! by frog on 11-17-2003 at 10:05 PM

ask lylesback :P... just following orders...

RE: Real msn (aka. Big windows).. Better than ever before! by lylesback2 on 11-17-2003 at 10:25 PM

oohh, blame it on me.. lol, i was the one who said it took up the whole screen :P   sorry about that... i forgot people still use 800X600...

RE: Real msn (aka. Big windows).. Better than ever before! by frog on 11-17-2003 at 10:28 PM

yesyes... blame it on you.. maybe we should make cookie a helper/tester for the nex version...   might work on the next version tonight,, then have it ready by sunday :D

i am hoping others will give suggestions for this new version, as i hope it will have more features than you could shake a stick at.. :D

cook.. add meh to messenger plz :D

RE: Real msn (aka. Big windows).. Better than ever before! by reisyboy on 11-17-2003 at 10:49 PM

Very nice dudes :) Im looking at it and well done. I would say suggestions, include Poly Patch maybe :D? And blown up Send a message to window

RE: Real msn (aka. Big windows).. Better than ever before! by frog on 11-17-2003 at 11:18 PM

i dont get the last bit? blown up send a message to window???... english?? tat would be nice.. (translation ;))... i'll talk to lyles back about the patch.. thanks for you comments and ideas res :d

RE: Real msn (aka. Big windows).. Better than ever before! by chris on 11-18-2003 at 04:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by reisyboy
Very nice dudes :) Im looking at it and well done. I would say suggestions, include Poly Patch maybe :D? And blown up Send a message to window
i doubt that that will be a part of it tho because then they would have to edit the msnmsgr.exe file and not the msglang.dll file.. if they add polygammy that would make it like 3 MB for the thing and it wouldnet work on msnSkins at all because the pics are in it so they would have to edit them seperatly... and BooGhost skins already have polygammy:D .... speaking of BooGhost.. if you read thins post in the clear msn thread if ur gonna update it to the latest version and if so when:p..
RE: Real msn (aka. Big windows).. Better than ever before! by ling_vob on 11-19-2003 at 02:26 AM

okay.. what would be the use for such MASSIVE.. useless enlarged windows? Could someone really be so lazy as to not want to mearly scroll down the box? also.. what was your motivation for doing this project.. kind of an odd thing to experiment with dont you think. but i do have one suggestion... instead of these windows coverin my whole screen((N)) the option to just be able to DRAG the window wider and longer would be much more useful seeing as not everybody ruuns on such high resolutions.

RE: Real msn (aka. Big windows).. Better than ever before! by frog on 11-19-2003 at 05:25 AM

in the next version we will be shrinking the windows, but it is inpossible to make the go in a winde thingy...

RE: Real msn (aka. Big windows).. Better than ever before! by jordanspringer on 11-19-2003 at 02:49 PM

one thing this program does is remove the "says:" after a contacts name in a conversation window, and replaces it with just ":". I like it (y)

and yes yes i know u can also use the /nick2 command....we dont need more posts on this, i am just sayin that this program removes the "says:" for ya;)

RE: Real msn (aka. Big windows).. Better than ever before! by dotNorma on 11-21-2003 at 01:15 AM

You do relize this doesnt even fit on an 800 by 600 screen? 800 by 600 is the default resolution and many people dont care to screw with it. blah I edited it...Ill include this Big Windows like feature in my TweakMSN program (still being coded and in its alpha) Except in my program it will have 800 by 600 fitting windows :P Ill give you credits in the about window :dodgy:

RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by frog on 12-06-2003 at 03:01 AM

this version is tonnes better... :P.. i'l be adding screenies.. but my server i use  is down... so yea

RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by Guido on 12-06-2003 at 03:21 AM

[Image: Buddy.jpg]

You stole that from Rolando's GANT skin, maybe? :-/

RE: RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by frog on 12-06-2003 at 04:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido

no... i juist have gant msn on my computer.. and so the popup came though as gant msn..
RE: RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by ecko_complex on 12-06-2003 at 05:42 AM

quote:

Meh as if Rolando can have his stuff stolen, he didn't design one of those icons he used.
RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by BooGhost on 12-06-2003 at 06:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ecko_complex
Meh as if Rolando can have his stuff stolen, he didn't design one of those icons he used.
nah but he did the gradient .:P

wich is in the UIFILE, nothing to do with the msgslang.dll tough :P
RE: RE: RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by Guido on 12-06-2003 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stickmanbob
quote:

no... i juist have gant msn on my computer.. and so the popup came though as gant msn..

I don't seem to understand wtf is Big Windows... *-)
RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by BooGhost on 12-06-2003 at 08:09 PM

quote:
I don't seem to understand wtf is Big Windows... *-)
they just make some windows bigger... and the take out the "says:"
RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by frog on 12-06-2003 at 09:51 PM

and some other bits :)

RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by Slack2116 on 12-07-2003 at 03:42 AM

How do i use this?  like where do i go?

RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by Slack2116 on 12-07-2003 at 03:48 AM

and how do i get it back to what it was like WITHOUT the program?

RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by frog on 12-07-2003 at 04:48 AM

just re-instal messenger, or download/instal a skin... it'll replace to whatever.. i take it you dont want to know how to instal it :P

RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by chris on 12-07-2003 at 04:53 AM

mabey you should make an installer for it and then let it backup the old one so that if ppl dont wunt it anymore they can just install it:)

RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by Slack2116 on 12-07-2003 at 05:29 AM

i did install it.  now i want it back to normal.  it was kewl.  but i was just trying it

RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by ecko_complex on 12-07-2003 at 05:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
nah but he did the gradient .:P

wich is in the UIFILE, nothing to do with the msgslang.dll tough :P
Who gives a shit about the gradient? Anyone can change the gradient to what ever colour, throw in some stolen icons and make the thing look "good". Only thing I'll credit him for is being a dipshit and fixing something that isn't broken and realistically making it worse.

Slack2116 - Re-install Messenger as you were told.
RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by Sk3tch on 12-07-2003 at 06:56 AM

quote:
Who gives a shit about the gradient?
Everyone that uses his skin
quote:
Anyone can change the gradient to what ever colour
If they have the time, Knowledge and capability
quote:
throw in some stolen icons
There not stolen, especially since the skin is based on the icons from the original theme, That was the basic concept.
quote:
and make the thing look "good"
Well.. maybe you don't think it is.. but pretty much everyone i have talked to does.
quote:
Only thing I'll credit him for is being a dipshit and fixing something that isn't broken and realistically making it worse.
Seriously man.. what is your problem? maybe you dont like his skins (which is fine) maybe you don't like him (which is fine) maybe your just being a prick to everyone who just wants to chat and share ideas and work (thats fine!) but keep your scandalous criticisms like those you post to yourself, people don’t want to come here to read things like that.
RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by chris on 12-07-2003 at 07:01 AM

yea he seems to think hes all that and a bag of chips.... almost everything if not then alot of the stuff hes said on theses forms has been negative...

RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by dotNorma on 12-07-2003 at 07:06 AM

quote:
Who gives a shit about the gradient?
Well maybe the hundreds of people who use it do?
quote:
throw in some stolen icons
Its a G.A.N.T theme...can't make a G.A.N.T theme without G.A.N.T icons can we there?
quote:
Only thing I'll credit him for is being a dipshit
Ok , WTF IS WITH YOU? Only thing I give Ecko_ass credit for is being a big stupid stupid head!
quote:
Origanally posted by ecko_complex
Another Peice of VB Gloatware
[Image: blast.gif]
RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by martin on 12-07-2003 at 07:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chris
yea he seems to think hes all that and a bag of chips.... almost everything if not then alot of the stuff hes said on theses forms has been negative...
me think he start all he being an a** when sum ppl acused him of coping msgplus.net's lyout, which i dont even c how they gots that idea
RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by frog on 12-07-2003 at 07:58 AM

Chris.. in reply to your last message, i cannot make a backup file cause i dont have the origional file... if you would send it to me, i would be thankful :)

RE: Big windows... 3.02.25 by frog on 12-07-2003 at 08:00 AM

and btw.. if ya dont like rolandos skins.. no-one cares :lol:... thats just your opinion.. so keep it to yaself :P