Shoutbox

One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length (/showthread.php?tid=18356)

One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length by Pure_BY on 11-19-2003 at 09:07 PM

I tried to search for "messenger plus tab" as i cant find the topic...

"One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length"

Excuse me, but WHAT A F*CK??? I am supposed to search for "messenger plus" instead or something???

Put a f*cking limit to 0!!! :angry:

RE: One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length by WDZ on 11-19-2003 at 09:19 PM

:@ :P

If people could search for short strings like that, there would be thousands of results, and that causes more server load. I believe Invision and vBulletin have similar limitations.

Without restrictions, people would be able to abuse the boards... :dodgy:

RE: One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length by Pure_BY on 11-19-2003 at 09:22 PM

nah... than make it in proportion with a NUMBER of words you use as a keayword or something... :S

RE: One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length by lylesback2 on 11-19-2003 at 09:27 PM

you can narrow your search down by selecting which forum to search... use the appropiate section ;)

RE: One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length by musicalmidget on 11-19-2003 at 09:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I believe Invision and vBulletin have similar limitations.

They do, and they suck. :refuck:

The limit has caught me out plenty of times, but usually there is someway to find what I'm looking for without typing any word under three characters long.  I admit it's annoying sometimes though. :-/
RE: One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length by lizard.boy on 11-19-2003 at 09:50 PM

u know why there are so mny duplicate threads? cause nobody likes the small search crap.

RE: One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length by CookieRevised on 11-19-2003 at 11:35 PM

No, I think they're just lazy...
There I said it, now flame me...
I use the search thing all the time, and yes it's sometimes quite annoying, but then again, I always managed to find what I was looking for with the use of 3-letter words...

But if you use an exact phraze (so WITH quotionsmarks), you CAN use 3-letter words...

PS: were you looking for this: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18135?

RE: One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length by lizard.boy on 11-19-2003 at 11:37 PM

naw i'm too lazy to  flame u

:refuck:

RE: One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length by Jeronimo on 11-19-2003 at 11:39 PM

I have been stung by this many a time. And it can be very annoying. But there is always another side ot the arguement and if WDZ says it would increase the server load too much, who are we to question it?

What I hate tho, is when you have searched the forum and people say, you should have used this string etc etc. Its always easy to find something if you already know the answer ;)

RE: One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length by Muss on 11-20-2003 at 01:46 AM

quote:
Excuse me, but WHAT A F*CK??? I am supposed to search for "messenger plus" instead or something???

Put a f*cking limit to 0!!!

You just need to settle down :undecided:
RE: One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length by Jeronimo on 11-20-2003 at 01:49 AM

And to prove my point, you should try searching for tabs. Its 4 letters long and provides you with plenty of posts that would be extremely useful. QED :undecided:

RE: One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length by WDZ on 11-20-2003 at 03:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SLim Shady
nah... than make it in proportion with a NUMBER of words you use as a keayword or something... :S
That doesn't make sense... :S

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
u know why there are so mny duplicate threads? cause nobody likes the small search crap.
I don't believe that. How would you know anyway?

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
But if you use an exact phraze (so WITH quotionsmarks), you CAN use 3-letter words...
Good point... search for "messenger plus! tab" with the quotation marks and it will work fine.

quote:
Originally posted by Jehuty
You just need to settle down :undecided:
Yep. :p
RE: One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length by Chrono on 11-20-2003 at 05:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

I don't believe that. How would you know anyway?

I made a poll in the poll center :P

RE: One of the keywords you entered is under 4 characters in length by Pure_BY on 11-20-2003 at 02:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevisedif you use an exact phraze (so WITH quotionsmarks), you CAN use 3-letter words...

quote:
PS: were you looking for this: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18135?
Yeah, thanks again ;)