Shoutbox

Advanced Nickname Creator Beta Updated 1.0 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta Updated 1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=18623)

Advanced Nickname Creator Beta Updated 1.0 by dotNorma on 11-25-2003 at 11:30 PM

Well , as the name states.

It can create nicknames in a flash using plus! color codes and format codes... here is a list of available features so far...

- Font Color Pallette
- Background Color Pallette
- Bold format
- Italic format
- Underlined Format
- Strike-out Format
- Emoticon quick panel
- Complete list of emoticons from the messenger site with on click code
- Automatic copy to clipboard
- Automatic Clear
- Close color tag button

Update - Bug Fixes thanx to sk3tch

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta .003 by |Rolando| on 11-25-2003 at 11:54 PM

looks very nice (Y)
It would have been nicer if you made a 'Change Nick' button instead of a 'Copy to Clipboard' one :P
but still nice

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta .003 by dotNorma on 11-25-2003 at 11:59 PM

Yah , True but I had just finished adding all the smileys and colors (took for ever by the way) and i didnt feel like messing around with that and i finished it off quick :P Ill see if  i can add that to the next release

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta .003 by Chrono on 11-26-2003 at 12:35 AM

Well done Messenger_Plus!

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta .003 by Sk3tch on 11-26-2003 at 12:50 AM

looking good :)  but will it meet up to the Nick Twist :O lol j/k

Great job (y)

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta .003 by BooGhost on 11-26-2003 at 01:02 AM

yeah but actually none of them work with highlighting:P

let's say you highlight a part of the nick and chose a color, I (at least) thought taht the program would out the color at the beginning of the highlighted text and put a <ctrl + o> at the end and then after the <ctrl + o> put all the color codes that hadnt been closed :P

blah just do something that works with highlighting :P

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta .003 by dotNorma on 11-26-2003 at 01:06 AM

O_o .... ehh? Didnt quite understand that but its an early alpha so expect more later. Anyway ill see if i can contact Ginge , she was has created a nickname creator in BetterMSN and as a stand along application called BetterNAME

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta .003 by Chrono on 11-26-2003 at 01:10 AM

Ginge is a he O_o

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta .003 by Sk3tch on 11-26-2003 at 01:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
you highlight a part of the nick and chose a color, I (at least) thought taht the program would out the color at the beginning of the highlighted text and put a <ctrl + o> at the end and then after the <ctrl + o> put all the color codes that hadnt been closed
Yeah your right.. ill see if i can put that in N twist, i forgot about closing the color. The basic idea was to hit color on mine and then typewhat you want.. followed by another color (if you choose) thx for mentioing that :)
RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta .003 by dotNorma on 11-26-2003 at 01:30 AM

blah , Ginge is a he what ever :P Anyhow i talked with him and got some help on having the format tags apply in the text box :D But anyway ill veiw his source for BetterNAME and see if that helps any also :)

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta .003 by dotNorma on 11-26-2003 at 02:08 AM

Anyone with a zip containing all the MSN Smileys would be helpful

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta .003 by bach_m on 11-26-2003 at 02:13 AM

u can get them off the forum smiley list

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta .003 by dotNorma on 11-26-2003 at 02:51 AM

yah but still thats saving them each individually. Back to other news I am updating the attachment :) ADDED Background color support :D

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta .003 by Chrono on 11-26-2003 at 02:52 AM

i moved this thread as is not actually a plugin :P

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta Updated 0.9 by ecko_complex on 11-26-2003 at 03:24 AM

Yay another piece of VB bloatwear (jokes).

I have to say it's very good for an 11 year old :). How ever I get an 'Object Required' when I want a full list of emoticons :(.

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta Updated 0.9 by dotNorma on 11-26-2003 at 03:35 AM

Yes because i havnt finished coding the full list window. Just ignore it for now. Finnally somebody reports a bug.

quote:
Yay another piece of VB bloatwear (jokes).

Do you know how long it took to code the bloody color code window? I had to get each and every color block and add it to the window than get the color code and code the color blocks 15x , now im working on the color pallete which is not much funner. Than here comes the emoticon window which is twice as hard getting over 60 pictures and adding them each individually to the window and coding them one by one can by quite tireing you know. And its hard enough having to try to figure out all the codes for these emoticons i never use. I have no VB books , classes or anything. The web is not a very useful resource cuz they throw code in your face with no explaination of what everything does and im not learning anything from that am I? I started less than a week ago and its not the funnest to code for users who put you down.

Now i know how patchou feels when he spends hours coding plus! and than the users just complain about spyware or how the features could be better O_o You people complain but lets see it when you are the one coding and somebody makes smart remarks like " Woo hoo , my recycle been will be happy"
RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta Updated 0.9 by dotNorma on 11-26-2003 at 05:00 AM

[Update] Complete List of Emoticons now available , you better use them cuz that took me over an hour to make!

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta Updated 0.9 by ecko_complex on 11-26-2003 at 05:06 AM

That sort of thing is easy to make. Alt screen shot the Ctrl + K window paste it into VB and put captions with no text over them and onclick() text1.text = "|1" or what ever it is - done in 5 mins :).

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta Updated 1.0 by dotNorma on 11-26-2003 at 05:14 AM

well , its been updated with your blasted Emoticon list and i uploaded each and every emoticon by itself and its not quite so simple , ill attach the source for that window and u have a look. May seem easy but typing all that gets tiring and so does saving and adding each emoticon to the window..

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta Updated 1.0 by foamy_ on 11-26-2003 at 05:28 AM

Alec, this is VERY cool! I love it! I really do! My nickname looks so pretty ;) HAHA keep up the good work. ***looking forward to more of your "creations"*** skip school more often!!

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta Updated 1.0 by chris on 11-26-2003 at 08:25 PM

Umm mabey you should just make a changelog in ur fitst post so you dont have to keep makeing spam ones:p anyways umm mabey makeing the emotions on the mean windows.. liek there background transparent... and instead of (!FS)  and all the other CTRL+letter insteatd of the tag:) anyways other that that (Y)...
btw if you decide to make the emotions bg transparant... pm me and ill do
Edit:
 = reset format
 = Bold
 = italic
 = Underline
 = strikeout

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta Updated 1.0 by CookieRevised on 11-26-2003 at 10:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger_Plus!
well , its been updated with your blasted Emoticon list and i uploaded each and every emoticon by itself and its not quite so simple , ill attach the source for that window and u have a look. May seem easy but typing all that gets tiring and so does saving and adding each emoticon to the window..
So, why didn't you make an array out of the Image-controls??????? Much easier and almost nothing to type :p

Pseudo-code:
EmoticonArray(1)=":-#"
EmoticonArray(2)=":-("
EmoticonArray(3)=":-)"
etc...

'only have to make 1 SUB now...
'Use Index to know which Image-control is clicked on...
Private Sub Image_Click()
  Form1.Text1.Text = Form1.Text1.Text & EmoticonArray(Index)
  Form3.Hide
End Sub

--------------
EDIT
Also this thread may come in handy: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=17594
And the attachment of one of my posts there: img.zip (all the emoticons and ALL there possible shortcuts)...

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta Updated 1.0 by dotNorma on 11-28-2003 at 09:42 PM

I could use some user opinons please.... Do you use it or not? Why and why not? I need to know who uses it and why to be able to develop....and if nobodt uses it than i wont continue development?

RE: Advanced Nickname Creator Beta Updated 1.0 by dotNorma on 11-28-2003 at 09:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chris
Umm mabey you should just make a changelog in ur fitst post so you dont have to keep makeing spam ones:p anyways umm mabey makeing the emotions on the mean windows.. liek there background transparent... and instead of (!FS)  and all the other CTRL+letter insteatd of the tag:) anyways other that that (Y)...
btw if you decide to make the emotions bg transparant... pm me and ill do
Edit:
 = reset format
 = Bold
 = italic
 = Underline
 = strikeout

I fixed that in my latest update because Sk3tch pointed out a bug in using it the way i had it