Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.16 available - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.16 available (/showthread.php?tid=18913)

Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.16 available by lopardo on 12-03-2003 at 01:29 AM

New Messenger Plus! Log Viewer version (v0.16 beta 1) available from its new website:
http://360software.dakotabcn.net/logviewer

Please download and tell me what you think :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.16 available by Sk3tch on 12-03-2003 at 01:31 AM

Nice! :D  looks great and flashy.. downloading now

thanks

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.16 available by Jeronimo on 12-03-2003 at 01:47 AM

All I can say is, ouch! I opened a big file admittedly, but memory usage went upto 70Mb. Thought it would never stop ;)

So I chat a lot, so thats fair enough. What I will say is, is there not a way to set it up so that when I change my name, my colour stays the same. I mean, its fine when I am red and my friend is blue, but if all of a sudden I change my name, I suddenly become black italics. Is there not way to detect my name has changed, but I am still the same person and thus keep my text as red?

Must admit this would be a useful program to have. The GUI looks very swish :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.16 available by lopardo on 12-03-2003 at 01:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo
All I can say is, ouch! I opened a big file admittedly, but memory usage went upto 70Mb. Thought it would never stop ;)

That's probably because of lots of emoticons... try disabling them in your preferences (sorry, I tried my best but couldn't optimize it... to solve this I'd need $200 to buy a Delphi component :()

quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo
So I chat a lot, so thats fair enough. What I will say is, is there not a way to set it up so that when I change my name, my colour stays the same. I mean, its fine when I am red and my friend is blue, but if all of a sudden I change my name, I suddenly become black italics. Is there not way to detect my name has changed, but I am still the same person and thus keep my text as red?

Must admit this would be a useful program to have. The GUI looks very swish :P
That's because your name isn't recognized anymore. It's a bug I'm aware of :)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.16 available by Jeronimo on 12-03-2003 at 02:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo2003
That's probably because of lots of emoticons... try disabling them in your preferences (sorry, I tried my best but couldn't optimize it... to solve this I'd need $200 to buy a Delphi component :()
Disabling emoticons in the prefs reduced the memory usage from 70Mb to 10Mb (y) And also it was faster to open (still takes a while on the big files tho)

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo2003
That's because your name isn't recognized anymore. It's a bug I'm aware of :)

You think you will able to do something about it? Of course if I never change my name and my friends don't either, we won't have a problem. :refuck: Just don't like the fact thats when I change my name, its like there is another person in the chat.

Having said all this, this log viewer is pretty sweet. Keep working on it lopardo!!! :gfdrin:
RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.16 available by lopardo on 12-03-2003 at 02:08 AM

Of course I'll work on it :) You'll have to be patient :grin:

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.16 available by Jeronimo on 12-03-2003 at 02:13 AM

Me patient? Never :refuck:

Trouble is, so many good programmers out there, so much software to test! Am monitoring about 5 different MSN ones now ^o)

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.16 available by Mnjul on 12-03-2003 at 11:10 AM

lopardo2003, you know what I'm going to say...Where is Unicode support? :-/
Your program is very nice as I transform a chat file (with english chars only) into ANSI-encoded and try to use it;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.16 available by lopardo on 12-03-2003 at 03:18 PM

Mnjul, the problem is Delphi, which doesn't fully support Unicode, so it's a lot of work for me :(. But be sure Unicode support will be included in the future :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Log Viewer v0.16 available by sonicadvance1 on 12-04-2003 at 12:27 AM

Good Job!You Also Got The Emoticons To Work Now(y)