Shoutbox

Knowledge sharing - replies - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Knowledge sharing - replies (/showthread.php?tid=19390)

Knowledge sharing - replies by Chrono on 12-16-2003 at 08:26 AM

well i have read the thread while it was still there and i was quite shocked at their comments.
though is known that the people at MSN Fanatic hates u, ur software and/or our community, so u shouldnt take their comments too seriously. they are judt a bunch of jealous kids complaining without real reason :wink:
i already told u my comments about this thread on MSN so thats all im going to say

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Luke87 on 12-16-2003 at 08:32 AM

I kept up to date with the thread, I supported patchou all the way (my posts were removed from above). Im fed up with the fanatic bullshit so im leaving the fanatic forums.

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Choli on 12-16-2003 at 08:35 AM

I've read this thread very quickly so i may undestand it wrong...

aren't you going to share any part of your code, patchou? :( well, it's [u]your[(u] code so you can do what you want, but the idea of a  "Knowledge sharing - project" is great... maybe you should think about it again...

well, as i said before, I have to re-read this again, now i'm late and have to go

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by kao on 12-16-2003 at 08:37 AM

:undecided: i still dont understand why they dont like you, wtf is wrong with having a sponser? almost every piece of on-going freeware has a sponser now, and almost all of those are not optional! These people are obviously just jealous that you have accomplished a well known product and have gained respect from an amazing amount of people. They have no grounds to hate you either tbh. Let them have their fun, ignore them, and keep up the work is what i say. You releasing code to the public would have been an amazing thing and i'm sure it would have started alot of programmers to get to work straight away on new MSN Add-ons which would have been great, but i still stand by you in saying don't do it now, why should they see the code? all they do is bitch at you therefor deserve no right at all in seeing how much work you really do put in to Plus! They need to realise that they have no grounds on bitching you and how jealous they really are, a bit "Nice One" from me goes out to all the people from that thread, you just stopped another MSN Add-on craze starting. Thanks for that.

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by ranicx on 12-16-2003 at 08:57 AM

*sigh* hmm a wile ago i read stuff on there forums saying crap about Msgplus! and just putting it down, and i was wondering what kinda of effect it would have.. now i know..

hmm well well done patchou on a job well done with Messenger Plus!, its defently one of the best add-ons to msn out there, and i will continue to suport it.

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by ecko_complex on 12-16-2003 at 09:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ranicx
*sigh* hmm a wile ago i read stuff on there forums saying crap about Msgplus! and just putting it down, and i was wondering what kinda of effect it would have.. now i know..

hmm well well done patchou on a job well done with Messenger Plus!, its defently one of the best add-ons to msn out there, and i will continue to suport it.
Are you saying people are not allowed opinions? You're quick to criticize MSNFanatic, but not quick enough to accept criticizm about Messenger Plus! Nice one Hitler.

Messenger Plus! is the best add-on, there's no denying that. But there is also no denying that Patchou is not the only person who can create such a thing (oh wait, patchou could not have created Messenger Plus! without the help of certain individuals).
RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by doggie on 12-16-2003 at 09:10 AM

oh god, how sad.. i started the thread out of suspiscion and merely getting ppls opinion and u've obviously taken them the wrong way.. i myself stated i had nothing personal against u until u post that utter garbage of a post.. u took offence to ppl waiting to know wtf was going on.. its called opinion and u couldnt even hack public opinion.. shame on u patchou, i dont speak on behalf of msnfanatic, but only for myself, u have a problem with wat i said, u bring it to me and me alone.. yes ppl are jealous of ur product.. ur the only one that seems have made an add-on worthy of noting.. yes even i use it..  u have no respect for anyones opinion unless its to do with u or sucking up to u... whos the bigger loser or immature person around here? the msnfanatic community is a great community amongst others.. if anything, the thread was making a joke... i hope u continue ur work on msgplus and have great success.. :)

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Sk3tch on 12-16-2003 at 09:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
they are judt a bunch of jealous kids complaining without real reason
My thoughts exactly
quote:
Originally posted by ecko_complex
Coming from someone who uses numbers instead of letters in a sentence
quote:
You are the 12 year old
twelve ;)
quote:
Are you saying people are not allowed opinions?
quote:
Originally posted by doggie
and merely getting ppls opinion
Opinions?  Oh, c'mon
"patchou only want to have the control of fanatics"
"he is pissed because fanatic don't respect him"
plenty more.. but i dont see how thats an "opinion" I completely agree that people should hav the right so say that they believe, but some of the which i read was not called for.

Shady - Ecko-Complex, i'd take this somewhere else cause its likely to get split

As for the subject, it sucks that people can't wait and be patient for Patchou to give a responce, but thats life i guess... wherever you go you are always going to find somone that changes everything. I stand behind you Patchou 100% on the grounds that i think you deserve more then that.
RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Daniel on 12-16-2003 at 09:32 AM

quote:
not like u run the community there mr shady.. we all have rites to use the forum as we like.. :) unless commenting is wrong :(

finally .. somebody can reply without being a *cough* like ecko, i didnt say that you cant comment .. comment all you like just dont do it because your jealous of patchous accomplishments

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Wabz on 12-16-2003 at 09:44 AM

Hmmm To me it seems MSN Fanatic has cut off it's nose to spite it's face.

Patchou didnt want respect he didnt stand in a posistion you have to respect (he never has with me or any members of this community) He was happy to be treated as an equal or perhaps with some Grattitude but if people can't do that, then what can he do he'll be treat with the same dirty view if he released code and people will only claim he added trojans etc etc.

Well anyways I don't really give a shit as long as Plus is about I'm gonna be staying here

Wabz out

RE: RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by doggie on 12-16-2003 at 09:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shady
finally .. somebody can reply without being a wanker like ecko, i didnt say that you cant comment .. comment all you like just dont do it because your jealous of patchous accomplishments

i am not jealous of his accomplishments.. i do infact appreciate that he works a lot of time on plus and quite frankly theres nothing compares to it.. i was posting out of being concious of him being rather idle for awhile as he said he was going to visit often.. if u read a lot of the comments, there was nothing hurtful..
RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Mnjul on 12-16-2003 at 09:53 AM

I've been taking notice of that thread in msnfanatic...The only thing I could say is people on the net ain't always friendly, Patchou:)

Being a Plus! plugin developer, I hope you will still release more functionality for Plus! plugins though...

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Luke87 on 12-16-2003 at 09:58 AM

Every site I post on MSN fanatic that I have made gets dissed in some way. I just don't get it :(

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Luke87 on 12-16-2003 at 10:03 AM

woah seddle peddle. Im just stating the faq.  it isn't a load of crap its just what happens. I've been through that topic and looked at all the thread. Everyone finds a way to diss peoples sites. Im just speaking of the general msn fanatic attitude. Doggie you are great, unlike other people which I won't name names.

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Wabz on 12-16-2003 at 10:20 AM

Right first of all I apolgise ecko complex for not being the uber leet character you so desire us all to be.  Patchou offered and now that offers gone coz you all decided to push your own heads even further up each others arses and think you can cope without it.  Worst thing is honestly how many people who actually replied to that thread are devolpers or have any interest in the source.  Not many i think most just wanted a Dig at Patchou.

quote:

Have you herd of war? You attack people (Plus! idots),

quote:

:Lol:  But you start wars on people trying to help you.  Plus! idiots do you realise how many of us are web desginers network technicians or other things to do with the computer industry.  Truthfully all we are doing is apprchiating a good add-on for a program we like to use.

Now I sugguest you go back to your own forums and spew shit out there

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by AustinM1983 on 12-16-2003 at 10:23 AM

Ok here it is... from what i know of Patchou we seems like a great guy that tries and puts his all into what he does.... now i understand you are upset but i would like to ask why what is the reason you disslike (and that is what you are saying) Patchuo ... what are the facts what has he done to make you so pissed off.
Now your saying that he wasnt giving you a response quick enough and was not being active enough in your forum. However i do not see how you can be so anoyed because of this simple dispute.
Surely you can understand he is not going to sit there and just wait for posts. Just because someone says nuthing does not mean they are not paying attention.
I can understand your angry that you did not get your answer in what you felt was timely. and you started this other thread to try and provoke a decision. But maybe it was not the most responsible thing to do.
If you want something you carmly remind and remind again and again and again till something happens being agressive just ends up like how this has ended up.

Don't get me wrong Patchou im sorry to say but i don't hold you blamless on this issue. I think that maybe after the thread had been running for a period of time ... say 1-2 weeks you should have informed them on there that you where not intending on displaying the contents for some time to come and mentioned you wanted to keep the thread open to see where it developed and to say due to the 50/50 split you had still not made up your mind.

Please if you are going to insult do use facts not just mindless flaming.... have a good one all :D

and i would still love to see some of the code released for thoughs who it will benifit.

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by ka0z on 12-16-2003 at 10:28 AM

I think that Patchou has a big head, his app is great and all, but what has he brung to the msn community? jack shit!! he effectivly STOLE the msn community's audience - so when he comes into the msn community forum acting like hes done us a favour, people get mad...

if patchou cared for the msn community AT ALL he would of made Plus module based, but no, all he cares about is DOMINATING the msn scene (to which he provides very little) -- JUST LIKE MICROSOFT

and like i said, i had respect for this clown before.. but now hes going round stating everyone with a negative opinion of HIM (and note i say HIM not PLUS) is jelous.. whats worse is he sounds extremely intellegent while hes doing it, so all these little kids round here will fight until the death

and hey Patchou, get your head out of your ass, this is the real world.

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Wabz on 12-16-2003 at 10:42 AM

quote:
Not talking to you wabz ;). If you count that - you need to count again.

As I fucking said, I'm not going to reply any more so :-#. I'll try this time but you people are so (quits)...

So i'd take that as me being right then :refuck:

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Muss on 12-16-2003 at 10:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AustinM1983
dude when land is purchased, stolen or taken from someone. and when i say taken i mean in battel how much rights to that land do the original owners have .... answer not one square mill infact the only thing that can happen is they can be charged for the degrogation that they caused the land during that period. The only way to get that land back is to buy it. By the way your talking about the land the dinasours still own it and crocodiles the closest ancestors to them should have full ownership of the earth.

Well said

I am guessing tomorrow, Patchou will see this and split the trhead, and then say somethign to me about not getting involved etc :P

So I WILL split it, but leave a redirect in this board so ecko complex can't complain as much as he is going to anyway
RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by AustinM1983 on 12-16-2003 at 10:48 AM

thats fine i don't mind if you split it:D

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by ecko_complex on 12-16-2003 at 11:02 AM

I have contacted everyone that I feel needs to be via PM.

I will continue my argument with idviduals not a group.

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Underlord on 12-16-2003 at 11:05 AM

Hmm that is slightly better but it would be better if you didn't argue at all :)

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by ka0z on 12-16-2003 at 11:06 AM

What he means is, this isnt over.

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Jeronimo on 12-16-2003 at 11:33 AM

Patchou, you should release the full source code for Plus and if you don't then you are a lamer. Screw you if you've worked for 1000's of hours on Plus, and you've taken it on as a full time career. We demand that you give us what we want, and we want it now, not in a few month cos that is lame ass. All your forum members suck d**k for standing up for you. You are all lame freaks.

/sarcasm

I can't believe what I have read basically. Lets me try to get this clear in my head... you offered to release some of your code for free yeah? You weren't planning on charging for it right? Well this would be great news, and would allow more of us to develop stuff for Messenger. Lets be honest, most of us couldn't do this by ourselves, and you were willing to share your knowledge with us for free. Is there anyone out there who believes he/she knows more about making add-ons for Messenger than Patchou? Please raise your hand if you do, and give me your website so I can get your add-on, which of course will be better than Plus.

My thanks go out to the kiddies who have ruined this for the masses. Round of applause everyone. Lets get this very clear... Patchou owes you nothing. I'm sure he will be very graceful and say he owes us for our on-going support etc, but the truth is, he owes us nothing. You are giving a man grief which is totally unfair and unjustworthy.

Many people would have given up by now after all the abuse Patchou has had to put up with in recent times. I would have done. He is totally allowed to turn round and say "That's it, I'm not developing Plus any more". None of us have paid for this product, so we can't complain.

I suggest to anyone who wishes to shout abuse at Patchou, or at any of the forum member who are very thankful to him for making this great add-on, to go out instead and do drugs, cos you're all off your head.

Patchou - thanks for all you have done, and continue to do, in the face of some very vile, nasty, immature kiddies, who don't know how lucky they are that we all get such a great program for free.

From an ardent Plus fan, Jeronimo

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by CookieRevised on 12-16-2003 at 12:15 PM

Ok, I wasn't going to mingle in the battle back then (when Patchou started the thread at MSNFanatic), but I can't hold it any longer...

First of all, this isn't the place to discuss landrights. But one quick note to ecko_complex before he flames again: I'm greatfull that Australia has given some (holy) land back to the Aboriginals. (just to make my position clear about "landrights".)

Now back to bussiness...
People (note that I say this in general) keep it to the facts, and don't flame eachother with stupid arguments about age, experience, landrights, schoolsystems, tags, etc... Keep the bad words and flames out of here. Not that this forum is censorred, but just because this doesn't help anyone.

Now...
I am the last one to say that all this seems to be a "war" against Patchou cause everybody is jealuss. Cause IMO that a very cheap thing to say. But after reading countless posts and threads (on both forums) it seems to me that this is the case because I can't find much solid arguments in all the flame-posts.

Some arguments talk about the sponsor. I don't like it either. If there is a better way, I hope Patchou would find it. I trust him in that. And after reading many posts of him I do believe him. And after all it is optional. And there is no default option ticked anymore, so there goes another argument....

Some arguments talk about monopoly. In the real world this happens also (and don't give me that age-crap, I'm twice as old as most of you. Which actually doesn't mean a thing cause I've seen guys here around 15 that act much more mature then others who are +18). Anyway... Someone invents/makes something. It has some success. It gets further developed. With each step the knowledge of that someone gets bigger and bigger. The bigger the succes, the bigger the complaints. This is normal.

Where lays the difference with Plus!. Patchou lets the user give suggestions. He implements it if he think it's right. That's HIS dessicion and WE have to respect that. We can only comment it. (not flame it)

If we want other things, we have to make them ourselfs. But how can we? We don't have the knowledge. Well learn. Patchou has learned it also. But if he released some code/dll/tutorial it would be easier.... Now how hypocrite is that? First you say you hate him etc... Then you want to use the same thing to build your product...
If Patchou wants to release something it is because he wants to SHARE something. That means you have to be happy in what you get.

Afcourse there will be always people who are not happy with what they get, they only want to get more... And isn't that what's it all about? You want to get more....
Maybe thats a good thing. Maybe... But the difference would that you can ask it nicely and respect Patchou in his dessicion about that. You don't have to agree with it afcourse, that's something different. You can disagree with him but still respect him.

Now, as any other of us, he made mistakes. Maybe he had to post just a bit more to let you know what he was thinking. Maybe that was wrong of him. Starting another thread to invoke him was maybe not a bad move. Only you have to think before you act. Between the lines I could read that the post was indeed something to invoke. Although I had my doubts about the true intentions... If the poster said he didn't meant it to be like that, then fine. I can live with it. But in the futur, think before you act!!!

That Patchou all of a sudden said the project is off, is also a surprise for me. IMO he must consider it again. But first let things cool a bit. When things are cooled down, he can try again with a different approach, cause this didn't work obviously....

Well, I'll stop here now for a moment...

PS: don't give me flames about my writing, I'm dutch and I try my best to get my point of view across. I'm sure you can live with the spelling mistakes...

Note to Patchou (and others):
I will never bow to your feet or suck up to you. If I do, it's all a joke.
You aren't a God, far from it....
But, Man, I do respect you. You are a big example to young programmers. Sure you make mistakes. But you learn from it. You respect other people (in what I've read in your posts). I talked alot with other developers of other shareware/freeware products. But I must say, you're the one that seems to give the most about his users.
And that's a major drawback.

Note: this is not sucking up, make that clear. If some people think it is, that's there opinion. I don't have to get anything from Patchou....

He has to get respect from us... He has mine....

Happy Xmas

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by doggie on 12-16-2003 at 12:17 PM

full source = dont bother.. then it would be pointless and then ya'd see lots of them around.. anyways he aint going to do it to no more.. Kaos: i agree with all ur statements :) oh i see a post of mine has been deleted.. :/
yes well my intention was to get his attention, not to mock him and close the whole thing.. he has merely misunderstood the point i put across.. and well yes i am to blame for creating the thread but not the way it came out.. personal views were put across and ya cant do anything but moderate and remove "extreme" cases of off topic..

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Jeronimo on 12-16-2003 at 12:45 PM

Through out this thread, I am yet to see anyone apologise. To use a quote of yours doggie, are you too much of a pussy of a man to apologise?

Don't confuse trying to explain yourself as an apology. I really think what some people have said have really upset Patchou. I honestly don't think that he has invented Plus to gain fame, or money. I think its the joy that he gives people that drives him on.

I just wish people could have put a bit more thought into this. Surely it would have been easier all round if someone had just emailed him and asked him politely how he was progressing?

I agree with you Cookie. We don't suck up to him, what do we have to gain after all, but he certainly has our respect. I admire what he has done and so do many others. Its a shame people are foolish enough to see politics, in what should just be an excellent add-on for Messenger :undecided:

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by dotNorma on 12-16-2003 at 01:17 PM

I saw that thread but I was to lazy to register to post. I'm sorry patchou, I would of been happy to see some of your code :) Its a true shame we have such ignorant people in the community :( You are greatly respected , but you will always pick up those who dont on your way up(but that still doesnt give them the right to act like such butts)

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by theguy on 12-16-2003 at 01:43 PM

I am sick of the negative comments. As my mother told me when I was young:

quote:
Originally said by my mother
If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Please do not say bad things about this good software.
RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by doggie on 12-16-2003 at 02:10 PM

hmm its funny.. i have nothing to apologize for.. if he was offended so be it and wasnt my intention.. so thats his bad luck his took it the wrong way.. i see ur dissing the forum other than ppl that are involved.. u dont suck up? well.. kissing ass is seen regularly here.. nothing to gain but gain an ego boast "I know patchou".. for god sakes, he isnt special in anyway.. forever promoting the software wherever u can.. yes its a decent piece of software but lets not all have a w*nk over it.. ego ego ego.. email him? why? u expect to get a reply asap with him getting thousands on a daily basis? thats just a mere waste of my and his time..  "Please do not say bad things about this good software" ermm.. only thing i said is the sponsor thing, nothing about the program it self personaly, so u have a silly comment.. let him speak, i dont need to hear the puppets :|

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by CookieRevised on 12-16-2003 at 02:29 PM

So, because we think he's a good and decent person who has very good programming skills and listens to his users, we're his puppets? Excuse me, but I'm not his puppet. If he says jump, I'll think about it. If I got the time and I want to, then maybe. Otherwise he can yell all he wants, I wont jump...

And by calling us names, you are no better then some other flamers/trolls/etc... Don't lower yourself to that...

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Jeronimo on 12-16-2003 at 03:14 PM

I feel sorry for you doggie. We are a community here, and are full of community spirit, a point sadly missed by you. We are not puppets, but we do share similar thoughts. My opinion is that Plus is excellent software, and that Patchou works bloody hard to make it as good as he can.

Patchou is often to be found asking people to email him, especially in regards to working out problems that are new. I doubt he would do that if he didn't read his emails. If nothing else, it was worth a try before you started shouting the odds to us.

I do wonder about your abilities as a moderator, based on the evidence of what you have posted here. A good moderator would try to calm a situation down before it got out of hand. Of course this is simply my opinion, but opinions count don't you agree??

As for your repeated ass kissing comments, I can only say this. We admire Patchou, we support him, and we respect him. If I am impressed with something I will say so, as I hope it will in some small way thank him for what he has done for us. If this is called ass kissing, then sue my ass (pun intended).

Welcome to the Plus forums doggie (&)

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by fluffy_lobster on 12-16-2003 at 05:27 PM

This is pathetic. :-/

The lot of you have lost the plot.  The thread was created to announce that Patchou is not creating any scheme to share Plus source code or similar.  His reason was that the people that it would affect and benefit don't care for him or respect him.

He did not post it so Plus 'fans' and Plus 'enemies' could rip out each other's throats.  He asked you not to.  "Please do not reply to this thread by insulting MSN Fanatic users"  Kapeesh?

He did not ask for people to mindlessly insult Plus! either.  He invited opinions, but some of the posts in this thread do what he closed the project for.  They spit on him, it's the only way to describe it.

Why is there such a problem with living and letting live?  I have objections to many things but I do not insult the people who make them.  You achieve nothing by doing it, except making some think you are pathetic and leaving a sour taste in everyone else's mouth.

I also have objections to some of the crap I've just read not because it is coarse and contemptuous but because it is downright wrong:

quote:
i have nothing to apologize for.. if he was offended so be it and wasnt my intention
Just to clear things up, an apology is what you give to show that you didn't intend to cause offence/upset/heard someone.  Of course you're not gonna apologise if u meant it.  That is the height of arrogance.
quote:
Originally posted by kaoz
if patchou cared for the msn community AT ALL he would of made Plus module based, but no, all he cares about is DOMINATING the msn scene (to which he provides very little) -- JUST LIKE MICROSOFT
I'm impressed at how many forms of bullshit you can get into one sentence.

Patchou has provided very little for the Messenger Community?  He provided his life!  He has no job, he works daily on improving his program.  I would like to hear somebody contractict the fact that the majority of developers for add-ons, patches, etc. for the Messenger community spend their evenings or part of their leisure time doing it, as a side-occupation.  As he repeats he was one of the first people on the Messenger modification scene, giving many people inspiration as to how much Messenger can actually be manipulated.

When you devote this much time to a product you do not just give it away to people like that... anyone can pick up a module and incorporate it into their code.

Of course he cares for the Messenger community.  All he demands is that his work is acknowledged, and if years of work are just flung onto the net people won't always do that.  If the main developers can't see the good side of his work either then that leaves no reason for him to do it.

I like the reference to Microsoft.  It makes you seem to think that they dominated the computer industry by sitting on their asses and contributing nothing.  Microsoft jumped in when most people didn't think software was worth developing.  They created Windows, IE, Office, all of which are very successful but also good pieces of software.  There's their contribution.  And to get ahead they had to work, just like Patchou did.  You don't get successful by sitting on your ass... anyone can do that.  What it does is gives them the privilege of being able to sit back and still have popularity after the hard work.  Welcome to the world of reward.

I really hate having to complain like this, because in the end it only adds to the angry atmosphere, unless someone listens.  Please please please, if you have a problem with something Patchou has done, say so and leave it at that.  There's no need to pretend that he's some malicious gargoyle.  He's not, and any regular post you see of his shows that he's very kind, caring and helpful.  If you're a fan of Patchou's work, please don't pounce on objectors, if they're being pathetic let it be and try not to stir things up.  Also try to see their point of view, in some cases they do have a point :)
RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Jeronimo on 12-16-2003 at 05:46 PM

Some good points there fluffy :)

I hope I was not too ardent in my pursuit for Patchou, but I do feel bad for him, as does he from what I can tell from his post.

I don't think many people would argue that its a shame that he has decided to call off this mini-project. My point was that we should support Patchou if we are to expect help in return. You don't bite the hand that feeds you after all.

Remember Patchou, there are many thousands upon thousands that appreciate all your work. Personally I don't want to see you share the code, so that lots of Plus clones pop up, cos I believe the original is the best. Like your Linux analogy, there are so many flavours, who knows what to pick?

To anyone who wishes to make points opposite to mine, please feel free. As fluffy said, some of you do have points to make, but when mostly I am reading insults, I will jump to defend Patchou :undecided:

To anyone who has been offended, I do apologise. But I cannot sit idly by and watch people insult the program I love.

Peace and love to all (F)

RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Fraisie on 12-16-2003 at 06:23 PM

I can't believe some stuff I read in here... some of it is just pathetic. If you  only knew how much work he puts into Plus, how devoted this guy is to his work, how smart and intelligent he is, and how diplomatic and mature he acts about his work, his users and friends in this community.... This just amazes me.  Some people just have no true respect.

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Patchou on 12-16-2003 at 08:17 PM

Well guys, I read everything that was posted in this thread and it's sad to see that the same bunch of PatchouHaters from MSN Fanatic still insist on insulting me for no reason. It's also sad to see doggie continuing to say that the thread on MSN Fanatic was harmless non-offensive opinions... if that's true, the only explanation is that we don't speak the same english. I also like the comparison with Hitler that Ecko posted in his first reply, it shows how much mature this guy is and how you should consider the rest of his posts.

As for keeping the community informed, I agree and that's in fact what I did.. the last message I posted in the code-sharing thread is dated December 5th, which is just 6 days before Doggie posted his own thread saying that I abandoned everybody... 6 days! and in that post I clearly said what I said yesterday night which was:

quote:
Well, I guess that whatever I'll do, it will please only half of you and I will get complains from the other half.... to be honest, that's not a very exciting idea to start working on a dll/tutorials knowing that it/they will get rejected by half of you from the start. I'm not sure I know what I want to do now... feel free to continue discussing the matter, in this thread or another, I keep reading your posts and the opinion of everybody is important.

After that, the thread didn't got many replies and I would probably have created a new thread with a poll or something like that. I didn't knew that to be someone nice, I had to release a 50 pages tutorial within the next 3 days of my original post.

I have nothing else much to say except that I thank you all for your support, it makes things more easy to me as I don't have to post a reply to all the previously posted bullshit... "we were just giving our opinion"... yeah right... and I also have to say that I feel bad for all of you when someone says that you "suck up" as soon as you defend my position against gigantic bullshit. Now you know how I feel when people are talking about companies like Microsoft when they have no idea what really is going on ;). But again, it shows how much developed these guys really are.

Oh, and also, to make things clear once and for all... it's not the first time I read something like that on MSN Fanatic:
quote:
ecko_complex
patchou could not have created Messenger Plus! without the help of certain individuals.

I never replied to that kind of thing before because I didn't want to sound mean, but enough is enough. Messenger Plus! has between 50,000 and 100,000 lines of code (I never counted precisely) that I wrote and rewrote, again and again, the past three years (yep, almost three years already!) and here is the exact count of lines that do not come from me:
  • Nicolas: 30 lines (POP protocol)
  • Ginge: 200 lines (zip library interface)
  • Will: 10 lines (assembly patch for the /nick command and COM internal access in Messenger 5/6)
Feel free to ask any of those people to confirm the numbers. Don't get me wrong, their contribution is appreciated a lot and that's why they get a special place in the about box of the software. I'll never take credits for work that is not mine and I don't have the assembly knowledge to create asm patches like the ones Will does. However, Plus! is not dependant of these patches to live as they target very specific features and the other 99.7% of the code has been written by my hands and my hands only (that includes full Messenger 6 compatibility if you're wondering about it). Say whatever you want about my software but don't deny that it is the result of my work, there's nothing more insulting than this kind of comment which basically mean "Patchou just gathered good code from people around him, added some additional useless features, a sponsor program, and then distributed it and got all the credits for it". Wether you like Messenger Plus! or not, this software is my creation.

That's all I had to say. It may sounds harsh but I got to defend myself from time to time. It's just too easy to say so much bullshit about things you don't know.

Patchou
RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by CookieRevised on 12-16-2003 at 08:26 PM

(y)... It's indeed sad to read how some people think/act...
Anyway, you didn't had to explain/defend on our (plus community) part, but I do understand the need sometimes to get things said...
Keep up the good work and after that, take Fraisie and a long deserved holiday, away from Plus!!!... It will do you both good ;)

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by s7a5 on 12-16-2003 at 08:34 PM

if i were u i wouldnt even care about what they say and try to proove anything to those morrons. Plus! has been a great addon and it will stay this way untill you want it and have our support.

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Renegade on 12-16-2003 at 09:01 PM

Plus is great software, I've used it for a long time :)

I don't really have anything else to say, just wanted to show some support for Patchou :)

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Choli on 12-16-2003 at 09:01 PM

Well Patchou, as others have suggested, don't care about what a minority say. Every person does things or acts in a way that others don't like. Life is like that so assume that there are and will be unfortunately people who complain against you. Luckly they're a minority, as I said, so be happy :banana: and continue your great work. You have to know that we all will like a lot what you do and will support everything you do. We are your community, your fans, call us how you want, but, please, keep in mind that your work is really very appreciated.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Messenger Plus! has between 50,000 and 100,000 lines of code (I never counted precisely)
Would you mind to count them, please? I'm only curious.
RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by |Rolando| on 12-16-2003 at 09:22 PM

Plus! was never second, and even critics can tell you that. However, it is the job of every other programmer to criticize it and make it seem worthless only to the fact that his addon seems very tiny compared to Plus! I was against the idea of 'knowledge sharing' in the first place...

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Pure_BY on 12-16-2003 at 09:36 PM

WHAT A *BIP* *BIP* CAN PEOPLE BE

Dont have anything more to say

Edited: thank you for the support but you have to watch-out for the language.. some forums, like this one, got some rule concerning the minimum respect everybody has to show to anyone

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by lizard.boy on 12-16-2003 at 10:34 PM

Patchou didnt make plus to make money in the beginning. ever version 1.x was free and most of the early 2.x versions didnt eather. it was mostly not his fault that he needed to add the sponsor.

people are jelous. peroid. there jelouse so the find a reason to put him down (sponsor thats why i was saying that), there jelous that they cannot do what patcchou has done. if they want to do something why not create a plugin? patchou was nice enough to allow that.

if patchou wants to make source available he will. nobody can make him or nobody can stop him.

if all you pigs want to be as good as patchou you figure out everything that need to be done. if patchou was th efirst that means that he is the original.. BUT IT CAN BE DONE ON ONES OWN!.

i will support all of patchous decisions if i think he is in the right. not in the wrong.

I can rent you a counting monkey if you want. 15848, 15849, 15850..

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Hah on 12-16-2003 at 10:44 PM

"The best reward I can get from my work is to see you highly satisfied", Patchou

How anyone can argue with that is beyond me. Everything about making money from users etc is all b******t and everyones know it, go on, type /patchou in a convo, i didnt make it up.

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Pure_BY on 12-16-2003 at 10:49 PM

^^^ A muthaf**king word!!! :O (Y) :)

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Vaitork on 12-16-2003 at 10:56 PM

Maybe I'm not here posting all the time and I don't even have 1/100 of the knowledge most of you have, but this is my point of view:

I'm happy with Plus!. Everytime Patchou releases a new version I rush to the site and download it... Why? Because it's a great program that covers all my needs. I respect Patchou (whoever he is because obviously i've never seen him in my life). I respect him if he's able to make such a quality program like this.

The last thing I would want to know of is that he had to stop developing HIS program because of any reason different to his own decission. If he says "I'm tired. I'm done with this", of course, even I would be sad because of it. But he hasn't. He has worked on this for a lot of time and there's no reason to damage all that he has done for (guess who..) HIS USERS!!!. I've never known of any direct self-profitable action he has taken. Dammit, even if he did I would support his program. It somehow reminds me of the newspaper thing he wrote when people were attacking Microsoft a few months ago. All I can say is: Patchou pwns!

There's TONS of people who use Plus! and don't know about all this problem... As far as I know, I'm the only Venezuelan who is registered here, and I count only a few spanish speakers... but, I repeat, there are TONS, TONS of MSN'ers using Plus! and that wont stop using it, and THOSE are the ones that matter.

Keep it up, Patch (Y)

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by chromer on 12-16-2003 at 11:39 PM

Can i just ask, why the bitterness.  I've never met / talked to / contacted Patchou in my life, i installed both versions and i got caught out by the "spyware".  So i reinstalled and got it removed.  I noticed while it was there it did NOTHING...So why don't we all get behind patchou give him our support, let him release the documentation instead of bitching at him because your all to lazy to learn it all as well as he did. I mean give a guy a break, what apart from creating a cool program has he ever done to the world???

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Vaitork on 12-17-2003 at 12:15 AM

The only reason I didn't install it it's because of my family. If I had my own comp I'd have it installed every single time a new version arrived...

You know what? WTF!! I'll install it again and with the sponsor.. He deserves it (Patchou)

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by doggie on 12-17-2003 at 01:20 AM

all i have to say on this is ARSEKISSERS.. i agree his obviously has good programming skills and a good program.. so wat? i never said that i didnt think these.. if u call this a community, call me when the 10 - 12 yr olds leave the board :)

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by slang123 on 12-17-2003 at 01:32 AM

quote:
all i have to say on this is ARSEKISSERS.. i agree his obviously has good programming skills and a good program.. so wat? i never said that i didnt think these.. if u call this a community, call me when the 10 - 12 yr olds leave the board :)
You are so pathetic, if you dont call this a comunity then what do u call urs? and why are u even here, just proving everyones point of what a looser you are. just grow up please
RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Jeronimo on 12-17-2003 at 01:53 AM

quote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Go doggie, go doggie, its your birthday, its your birthday.

Thank you for providing me with someone to laugh at.

I think you will find Patchou doesn't like age discrimination. See everyone here is a member of the community, no matter how old. What a shame you don't see it that way.

And hang on a minute, where is this arsekissing you are on about? 8-|
RE: RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Guido on 12-17-2003 at 01:53 AM

(Had to split the post because of length)

There's not really much I can say that wasn't said before... but I'll try :P

quote:
Originally posted by ka0z
I think that Patchou has a big head, his app is great and all, but what has he brung to the msn community?
Exactly, his big head and his great app. And, as said before, his whole life, his hosting fees fore more than 2 years without almost any donation and all about 10 GameCubes.
quote:
jack shit!! he effectivly STOLE the msn community's audience - so when he comes into the msn community forum acting like hes done us a favour, people get mad...
quote:
Only thing i am jealous of is he has the monopolized the MSN add-on market as no one else knows how to do it.
Ohh sure... "Hey, that guy is intelligent and can do things I can't. It's so unfear! Mom, steal him his code or ask him to give it to me so that I can do the same that he can without spending time or being so intelligent." That's what patents are for. They are not free. Patchou gives his software for free, all it should do is encourage programmers to do it the hard way by finding out how to do it, not by asking for the source code.

Caprices.

quote:
if patchou cared for the msn community AT ALL he would of made Plus module based, but no
Actually, that's A.K.A. plugins. Oh, btw, that's in Plus!.

quote:
all he cares about is DOMINATING the msn scene (to which he provides very little)
What's bad of dominating the msn scene? So in your opinion, people should just keep doing color-changers (no offense intended to those who do them)

quote:
-- JUST LIKE MICROSOFT
enough said above, you just are not intelligent enough to discuss in a civilized way.

quote:
and like i said, i had respect for this clown before..
yeah, sure... when his program was not better than any other and, then, you thought that others were clowns.

quote:
but now hes going round stating everyone with a negative opinion of HIM (and note i say HIM not PLUS) is jelous..
Those are facts. Did you read the thread you replied to?

quote:
whats worse is he sounds extremely intellegent while hes doing it, so all these little kids round here will fight until the death
He is extremely intelligent while he's doing it. I don't see your point, you are beating yourself there...

quote:
and hey Patchou, get your head out of your ass, this is the real world.
Luckily, this world is not the real world. If the world was full of people like you, i'd rather keep away of it... Really, no offense intended. I'm just stating facts: you should learn not to hate for the sake of it.

And I'm not sucking up either. It's not exaggerating. I know Patchou (not as much as Fraisie, but I know him) and your replies are simply out of place. Most of them.
RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Guido on 12-17-2003 at 01:54 AM

quote:
org. posted by Doggie
if anything, the thread was making a joke...
I don't get the fun of it... maybe you can show us where it is.

quote:
i agree his obviously has good programming skills and a good program.. so wat?
That's the question. If he has good programming skills and a good program, why do so many people at MsnFanatic and now here say that he copycatted everybody else and he monopolises the market unfairly? Personally, I've read your replies in the original thread and you, Doggie, are at least an intelligent person (unluckily not every other participant in the conversation has the same privilege) and you seem to be a nice guy.
quote:
i never said that i didnt think these.. if u call this a community, call me when the 10 - 12 yr olds leave the board :)

Judging a community because simply a group of people don't agree with your point is completely stupid (should I *bip* that?).
quote:
call me when the 10 - 12 yr olds leave the board :)
Better yet, when they turn 13. :rolleyes:

quote:
Yes u can choose to install or not install but the fact is theres better ways of making money and he knows that.
Really? I don't think HE does. Which solution?

quote:
in its current state all it does is replace every other msn bot ever made
:shocked: Sony made a TV, and bigger than the Samsung one... with sharper image... isn't that what we hate? copycats? Why doesn't Sony give the specifications of their TV to Samsung so that everybody is happy and Samsung's people doesn't have to do anything but still gets recognition for something they didn't make? Great idea!

quote:
and patchou blindly chucks this thing in with Yes as the default option, taking advantage of all the computer illiterate noobs out there
Good news for you. Plus! hasn't had a default Yes for about two months now. Just another sign of how you people know plus.

quote:
i agree with kaos, plus is only the same progz just with a better look  i only use plus to get the Winamp Active Song
Thanks for the thing about the better look, I'll take it as a compliment. However, Plus! before the graphical makeup was still a great program, and was already used for more than 4 million people everyday. Why didn't those people choose "the other progz"? Because Plus was, and is, better. Oh, there's even an "Advanced Messenger Plus" with half the features of Plus being sold by some company out there. And people still complain that Patchou steals features... c'mon.
quote:
i only use plus to get the Winamp Active Song
Funnily, that was exactly done by ANOTHER programmer who got advantage of Patchou's generosity by creating the plugins API for Msgplus. Modules, as you prefer to call it.

quote:
ahh i stated my point peebrain .. i am not badgering him at all.. just seems funny how it goes so quiet.. yes he is probably a busy man but if u were indeed serious about it, u'd hear a lot more than wat we have.. so wipey, keep the different thoughts to urself thank u  working for mickeysoft? bah, then we'll see "Messenger Plus! Education, Pro, Server editions"
Doggie, that doesn't seem the same attitude than when you wanted your opinion to be respected:
quote:
i am infact having my opinion

quote:
(its only a patch not a full program whats with the huge size?)
Martrinex, i have some news for you. Patches don't have 100,000 lines of code. Full programs do. Patches don't have a graphic designer doing additional work for the software for every new feature added. Just minor changes? Do you actually read the changelog?

Doggie, again :P... you are a bit contradictory:
First:
quote:
i am infact having my opinion and i dont have an issue personally with him..
Then:
quote:
well.. just shows how much of a pussy the man is..
How nice from a real-community-member-non-12-year-old-mature-person.

Keenie
quote:
yeah i agree with whoever said he posted to try to get respect and didnt get it so he's not going to release anything, i could be wrong but how hes keeps up with this "ok i still cant decide, please post the same thing everyones been saying over and over" bullsh*t which makes me thinks hes just leading us on to beleive he was going to but we didnt convince him what to do and never planned on it. 
He answered you about 5 times:
quote:
omg... good thing someone just sent me the link to this thread. I'm not spending all my time checking this forum you know. What the hell is going on with you people? I posted my thread about code-sharing to get your opinion and in all the pages of replies there was always people saying that I should release tutorials and people saying that I should release a dll. In both cases, I would have made half of the community unhappy and that's why I was continuing to check the thread for eventual compromises or new ideas.

I took 45 minutes writing this reply.

I wouldn't be here if this wasn't a community.

Thanks.

(i hope someone reads my post because if not :wall:)

Oh, msnfanatic, merry christmas and a happy new year. :bananaxmas:
RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by ecko_complex on 12-17-2003 at 02:10 AM

* ecko_complex doesn't read it just to fuck off guido. (jokes)

Why wish us something you don't mean?

In fact I wont reply as (for once) it wasn't targeted at me :D. But this arguing shit is so unproductive. Why not work together :). Opposites attract...

RE: RE: Knowledge sharing - project ended by Guido on 12-17-2003 at 02:12 AM

quote:
Messenger Plus! is the best add-on, there's no denying that. But there is also no denying that Patchou is not the only person who can create such a thing (oh wait, patchou could not have created Messenger Plus! without the help of certain individuals).
For the last thing, refer (and REPLY) to Patchou's post about the lines of code. For the first thing, you say many people could do Plus!, instead at the same time you (not only you, i mean in general) ask Patchou to release Plus!' code to end with the monopoly he has started because nobody knows how to do what Patchou does.
quote:
The MSNFanatic community has the most tallent of any other MSN community. Messenger Plus! has patchou, wow - please.
The "MSNFanatic community" (not the whole members, only the users who on one hand ask for the code to learn from it AND on the other hand say they could do better) still has to show us they can do Plus without Patchou's help. Because Patchou did it without help. I'm not talking about the POP interface, the installer or the Zip lib. I'm talking about Plus.

If they are really the most talent of any MSN community, I will bow at them if they at least behave like people and know what they talk about before, let alone do the same programming job of Cyril.

[edit1] I read my post and understand it sounds rude, but you people keep ignoring posts and posts of factual information.

[edit2]Funny thing Ecko, while you were posting, I was taking a special look at your insults in test&trashing forum. I hope you reply to it fully, because it was somehow directed at you now. Oh, and, should I suppose that you don't reply to the previous post because you agree with them or avoid them? (i'm actually asking that)
RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by ecko_complex on 12-17-2003 at 02:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I never replied to that kind of thing before because I didn't want to sound mean, but enough is enough. Messenger Plus! has between 50,000 and 100,000 lines of code (I never counted precisely) that I wrote and rewrote, again and again, the past three years (yep, almost three years already!) and here is the exact count of lines that do not come from me:
  • Nicolas: 30 lines (POP protocol)
  • Ginge: 200 lines (zip library interface)
  • Will: 10 lines (assembly patch for the /nick command and COM internal access in Messenger 5/6)
Feel free to ask any of those people to confirm the numbers. Don't get me wrong, their contribution is appreciated a lot and that's why they get a special place in the about box of the software. I'll never take credits for work that is not mine and I don't have the assembly knowledge to create asm patches like the ones Will does. However, Plus! is not dependant of these patches to live as they target very specific features and the other 99.7% of the code has been written by my hands and my hands only (that includes full Messenger 6 compatibility if you're wondering about it). Say whatever you want about my software but don't deny that it is the result of my work, there's nothing more insulting than this kind of comment which basically mean "Patchou just gathered good code from people around him, added some additional useless features, a sponsor program, and then distributed it and got all the credits for it". Wether you like Messenger Plus! or not, this software is my creation.

That's all I had to say. It may sounds harsh but I got to defend myself from time to time. It's just too easy to say so much bullshit about things you don't know.

Patchou
What about the MSN 5 compatibility? And MSN 6 hooking? They may not have coded it for you but they did help you out. Yeah you don't take credit for their work but that was not my point. My point was that Messenger Plus! would not have /nick (and all the rest) and MSN 5 compatbility and MSn 6 hooking etc without them. Don't put words into my posts patchou, you know exactly what I meant.
RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by ecko_complex on 12-17-2003 at 02:21 AM

Oh yeah guido, I don't reply to half of them because I do not have time for this crap. The Messenger Plus! community started it, I do not intednt to end or effect it.

I also said this stuff can be done, but with the help of patchous code it can be done 100 times faster. The rest I'll reply to when I find time. Good day.

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Guido on 12-17-2003 at 02:23 AM

quote:
My point was that Messenger Plus! would not have /nick (and all the rest) and MSN 5 compatbility and MSn 6 hooking etc without them. Don't put words into my posts patchou, you know exactly what I meant.
Actually, maybe Plus would have took one month more to get MSN 5 compatibility (not sure about that one, patchou should confirm if ecko is right or not), five days more to have pop3 support and maybe two hours to use NSIS instead of Ginge's great contribution. Where's your endless list of things Patchou couldn't do with other people? Sure, he would not be able to handle users' emails if it wasnt for people who help users here in forums, he would not be able to keep it free if it wasnt for the sponsor, he would not be able to have a fully-mantained forum if it wasn't from the guys at Avid. Still, he would be using Plus!.

[edit] I'm going off, if not i'll stay here 4 hours endlessly replying. See you tomorrow.
RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by ecko_complex on 12-17-2003 at 02:32 AM

Honestly how do you expect me to argue with all these idiots? As you said you'll end up replying endlessly, thats what I'm doing and thats why I have had enough.

As I said, anyone wants to argue or try prove me wrong please do it via PM, I cannot alone fight a crowd (we cannot bring more peole into this without making it 100 times worse), only individuals :).

This is my official last post on the topic. And any other thread regarding this topic.

Pleace out (well at least try ;)), ecko_complex.

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Jeronimo on 12-17-2003 at 02:38 AM

I am really starting to love this arguement now. One the one side we have Plus, which is excellent software, being slagged off, for reasons that don't seem to carry any weight. Then we have the Plus dislikers, who cannot see that Patchou is a man with feelings, who has put everything into this project.

I keep seeing over and over how he is monopolising MSN, and how lots of people could make a program similar to Plus. Where is your proof. Saying something doesn't make it true. Nor does intention. I intend to run the London Marathon (26 miles), but doesn't mean I can or actually will.

Give me proof. Else all your arguements don't hold water.

And I have to say this, but some of the negative attitudes on the MSNFanatic forums sickened me. They really sickened me. I was disgusted with the contempt with which you hold members of this community. I was disgusted with the way you have branded Patchou as some kind of money grabbing, heartless wretch of a man.

I would love to be in a room with everyone of you, just to really ask you what you have to gain from being so vile.

I pity you...

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by CookieRevised on 12-17-2003 at 02:41 AM

quote:
The Messenger Plus! community started it...
"Mommy, they started..."
ahum... Who trowed the first stone again? // aka: who started flaming Patchou?

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Patchou on 12-17-2003 at 02:46 AM

As I said, I don't take credits for someone else work. Messenger 5 and 6 compatibility was made by me and me alone. The patch that Will provided me just makes my life easier for one thing but that has nothing to do with Messenger 5/6 compatibility/hooking. As I already said many times before, you're talking about things you don't know and you can email Will about it if you want, you won't get a different answer.

So, as it seems that in order for you to understand, everything has to be written very clearly, here is my statement "The only thing in Plus! that wouldn't have existed without Will's help is the /nick command". Is that clear enough for you ecko or do you want me to record it and post a wav file?

Will, if you're out there, please post a reply to this thread about this. I definitively doesn't want to sound mean to you but some people just can't understand without having to repeat the same thing 10 times.

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by lizard.boy on 12-17-2003 at 03:11 AM

you seroiusly dont think every great program is written by 1 person all the time?. guidos right. there is one person behind 99% of the code.  but theres hundreds of people behind making plus what it is today.
Patchou for code (+nic ginge will :P)
gfd for graphics
avidmotion for the forums
the knowageable forum members who help people so that they dont need to e-mail patch and use up his time
the users who use the forums instead of using e-mail
forum moderators to keep the forums clean and give patchou help and keep it off his back
lop.com no matter how much you like it for bandwith.

ect ect ect.

u get our point?

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by CookieRevised on 12-17-2003 at 03:16 AM

quote:
May I add patchou was searching our forums for 'Messenger Plus' and 'Patchou'. He is very egoistic.
That's the lamest excuse I ever heard....

quote:
http://www.msnfanatic.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=19&t=8067
The one that send those mails is evenly pathetic as some other guys (note: I don't say all!!) of the other forum and it is a pitty that he defends Plus! in this way......

To the anonymous mailer: I'm ashamed to know that you're a part of the Plus! community...
To ecko_complex and others: don't judge a group by some individuals...
RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Jeronimo on 12-17-2003 at 03:27 AM

quote:
May I add patchou was searching our forums for 'Messenger Plus' and 'Patchou'. He is very egoistic.
Yes, searching for information relevant to him and his project. Man, that is weird.

I do admire you guys for putting up the good fight, and making yet more posts without actually proving anything. I see you are waiting to become legal ecko, thus this means you are illegal, and if that is so then I should contact the police and have you arrested. Yes this must be true....

Patchou needs money to eat, live etc. He added an optional sponsor to Plus, which is his baby, to try and bring in a few dollars to do so. How would it benefit us, if he was to put Plus on the back burner, while he is busy working on some other project. Someone suggest to me a better way to get Patch some money.

You don't seem to understand that if you offend someone, they rarely do what you want of them. He was prepared to offer something to the MSN community of benefit. Now this is gone cos of a few impatient people.

I think Plus is very good software. If you don't want to use it, hey, jokes on you pal.
RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by CookieRevised on 12-17-2003 at 03:28 AM

quote:
Cookie, I'm not judging, just proving the trash that lives here.
attacks are very lame and do reflect most of the people that come here.
I will judge the group by the way an individual acts
1) you're (again) contradicting yourself...
2) the whole post proves (again) your narrow mind...
RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Fraisie on 12-17-2003 at 03:32 AM

ecko: stop it, you are just taking sentences out of context to try to make yourself more interesting. Just give it up.

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Patchou on 12-17-2003 at 03:42 AM

ecko_complex: I deleted your last post. Talking sh*t about me is one thing, insulting the thousands members of this forum with your 10-year-old attacks is another. I can't tolerate such a lack of brain on this forum.

Edit: new posts by ecko deleted again. He is apprently having fun alone, I'm fine with that but spam is not tolerated on this forum. If you want to spam, go to the Testing&Trashing section.

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by ecko_complex on 12-17-2003 at 04:07 AM

I'm having fun with keenie. I wouldn't have to spam if damn people PM'd and IM'd me :).

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Patchou on 12-17-2003 at 04:12 AM

You really got some nerves ecko... in the past three days you've posted all the crap humanly possible about me, either on this forum or on MSN Fanatic, but now that you realize that you've made a fool out of yourself, you're asking people to send you PMs... I have to admit that you must have huge steal balls to be able to say something like that.

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by ecko_complex on 12-17-2003 at 04:13 AM

Because if someone takes me on one on one it will be a fair fight. 32482309 noobs on one is not.

Note: It's only one on 32482309 noobs because you delete keenies posts.

RE: Knowledge sharing - replies by Patchou on 12-17-2003 at 04:15 AM

Talking badly about me in a separate thread of a forum you know I don't visit very often is not exactly my definition of "fair" either.

Well ecko my friend, you've wasted enough space on this server already. This thread is now closed, there's really no point in keeping it opened. Have fun on MSN Fanatic talking about things and people you don't know. You and your friends seem to enjoy this activity very much.