Shoutbox

Pleh File Sharing (Source) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Pleh File Sharing (Source) (/showthread.php?tid=19395)

Pleh File Sharing (Source) by Pleh on 12-16-2003 at 11:01 PM

Well my plugin meets all of the specifications i had first set and even meets a few new ones other people sugested. I will not be doing any updates for my plugin for a while because i am working on other larger projects. I have decided to make this plugin open source to help new programmers start their own plugins. I have commented as much of it as i can. I hope this will help a few of you get started. If only more people released their source we would have alot more better plugins out by now. I hope a few of the better programmers follow in my footsteps so we can really make some good plugins :)

If you use any of this code in your own plugin please referance me in it somewhere (like Patchou and myself did), thanks.

RE: Pleh File Sharing (Source) by dotNorma on 12-16-2003 at 11:11 PM

Looks , nice. I will download right now

RE: Pleh File Sharing (Source) by s7a5 on 12-17-2003 at 07:35 AM

great :D

RE: Pleh File Sharing (Source) by optimism_ on 12-17-2003 at 08:12 PM

we need more c plugin coders on this forum methinks... *-)

RE: Pleh File Sharing (Source) by WDZ on 12-17-2003 at 10:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by optimism_
we need more c plugin coders on this forum methinks... *-)
Yeah... :p

* WDZ knows the basics of C... it would be interesting to see some more examples of C/C++ plug-ins...

* WDZ slaps VB around a bit with a large trout.
RE: Pleh File Sharing (Source) by Dempsey on 12-17-2003 at 10:43 PM

im making an updated version of this great plugin, whith new features, like multipel shared folders, password protection, easier file selection and download logging. 

If you have any more ideas then let me know.

Dempsey

RE: Pleh File Sharing (Source) by sonicadvance1 on 12-18-2003 at 02:11 AM

Nice, Now Sonic Needs To Learn C++

RE: Pleh File Sharing (Source) by optimism_ on 12-18-2003 at 08:16 AM

Wdz - if u want ill show u the soure to a couple of my plugins (im thinking reloader, and nick template)

RE: Pleh File Sharing (Source) by dotNorma on 06-04-2004 at 02:37 AM

I was coding this plug-in and I wanted to make an installer. But for my installer I wanted to automatticlly detect the plugin directory through the registry and I needed the registry module that dempsey uses and dempsey isnt online. So I remembered you used the module also so here I am here to get the module. (By the way , Great Plugin and nice to see that you decided to let others learn from your excellent work)

RE: Pleh File Sharing (Source) by rompom7 on 06-04-2004 at 06:54 AM

Dempsey, can you make it so that the client doesnt need the plugin? Because that would be really nice.

RE: Pleh File Sharing (Source) by Sk3tch on 06-04-2004 at 08:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rompom7
Dempsey, can you make it so that the client doesn’t need the plugin? Because that would be really nice.
you mean only you needing the plugin, and not your contacts? This isn't possible because they would need the plugin in order for them to send the data to your computer, ie.. the folders and files, and also to actually send them ;)
RE: RE: Pleh File Sharing (Source) by rompom7 on 06-04-2004 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sk3tch
quote:
Originally posted by rompom7
Dempsey, can you make it so that the client doesn’t need the plugin? Because that would be really nice.
you mean only you needing the plugin, and not your contacts? This isn't possible because they would need the plugin in order for them to send the data to your computer, ie.. the folders and files, and also to actually send them ;)

No this is what I mean heres an example chat between server and client (client does not have the plugin): -

Client says: /fs-help

Server says: Here is a list of commands
/fs-dir                      Show current directory
/fs-cd <folder>        Change to directory
/fs-get <filename>  Sends the file
/fs-help                    Displays help message

Client says: /fs-dir

Server says:
Games     (dir)
Utilties     (dir)
MsgPlus   (exe)
Untitled    (doc)

Client says: /fs-get MsgPlus

Server says:
Server is trying to send Client the file MsgPlus.exe. Accept or Cancel the file transfer (or what ever appears when you send a file over Messenger)

And maybe they could even get the whole directory, by just send one file after another in a cue.

I think this would be a lot better than the current MP! FileServer plugin.
RE: Pleh File Sharing (Source) by PlehXP on 06-04-2004 at 10:01 PM

It is possible to make it so the client dosent need the plugin, it requires some more programming to the plugin and the user has to use a special character instead of the / when they use a command.

I will investigate it and let you guys know what i find out.

And now that we have Plus! 3 we can allow certain users to upload to the server too  (i asked patchou for that feature last year and he said he would never put it in for security reasons, im glad he found a way around it and decided to put it in  )

the registry module that dempsey gave me is included in the source code zip on page 1. its called Registry.bas

Note from Fraisie: Please refrain from multilple posting. Edit your past posts instead  :)

RE: Pleh File Sharing (Source) by rompom7 on 06-05-2004 at 03:15 AM

Thanks Pleh

RE: Pleh File Sharing (Source) by rompom7 on 07-22-2004 at 08:27 AM

Any news?