Shoutbox

Board Version - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Board Version (/showthread.php?tid=19508)

Board Version by The One on 12-19-2003 at 11:30 AM

Just wondering, theres a new version of this message board available (I saw it when I was taking a squiz at the mybboard site), i thought it would be the standard now.  Is this because it would require users to recreate their accounts?
BTW, the new version is 1.00 RC1, up from the 1.00 Beta 4 which we use now.
Thanks,

Neo

RE: Board Version by Kryptonate on 12-19-2003 at 11:34 AM

WDZ knows this and is preparing the board for the update to RC1 :)

RE: Board Version by Jeronimo on 12-19-2003 at 11:35 AM

WDZ has been threatening to update the board software for a while now. Some say he is too lazy, but I would never suggest that. He needs to make sure he has everything backed up and ready to roll before he does it. Also the board will have to be taken offline while he does it. He is just waiting for the right time :)

RE: Board Version by The One on 12-19-2003 at 01:40 PM

Oh i get you.  I wonder what the new version will have?
Im sure itll be good.  Its hard to find a good time - as there is always someone online.  Hed prob find out what country has the most members then schedule it for something like 4am their time.

Neo

RE: Board Version by Wabz on 12-19-2003 at 01:57 PM

The board here has been modified quite a lot WDZ is making sure the change runs smoothly :) (We're looking for a minimum downtime )

RE: RE: Board Version by Guido on 12-19-2003 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The One
Oh i get you.  I wonder what the new version will have?
Im sure itll be good.  Its hard to find a good time - as there is always someone online.  Hed prob find out what country has the most members then schedule it for something like 4am their time.
I don't think WDZ will stay online 24 hours to decide which time is better for *us* for the upgrade... he'll just do it when he feels he can. And that's ok :P (Y)

quote:
Some say he is too lazy, but I would never suggest that. He needs to make sure he has everything backed up and ready to roll before he does it.
And he is lazy, too :refuck:

:lol:
RE: Board Version by WDZ on 12-19-2003 at 02:35 PM

I said Tuesday, but it's Friday already... :S

I had some other stuff to do, so I didn't get much work done in the past few days. I still haven't done any XMas shopping... blah. :-/

quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo
WDZ has been threatening
Threatening, eh? :lol:

quote:
Originally posted by The One
Its hard to find a good time - as there is always someone online.  Hed prob find out what country has the most members then schedule it for something like 4am their time.
Nah, I don't mind if there's 100 users staring at an error message for 15 minutes. :)
RE: Board Version by The One on 01-11-2004 at 10:28 AM

Haha Lol WDZ if thats the way you want it... 4. 8-)
but i made this thread ages ago and its still not updated yet... Something is not right... *-)
Neo

RE: Board Version by The One on 01-11-2004 at 10:35 AM

I should have mentioned this before... but i didnt

Guido, calling an admin lazy is probably not
a. a nice thing to do
and
b. a wise thing to do

Wabz,seemingly according to WDZ a minimum downtime is not high on the priority list.  half an hour off? so what?

It is taking a long time to update

oh and btw Guido, how do you get that signature? Im interested

Neo

RE: Board Version by Mnjul on 01-11-2004 at 10:39 AM

The One: WDZ IS lazy (:P) but he has tried his best...
It takes many more complex things to upgrade from beta 4 to RC1.

We recently have had enough threads like this, so DZ, would we close some? :)

RE: Board Version by billywoods1 on 01-11-2004 at 10:40 AM

Old thread... if it wasn't updated, maybe you should have posted then and not now. :P

Quite a lot of people call WDZ lazy, he knows we're only messing about... besides, he IS lazy! :P Anyway, I don't think Guido was doing much harm. And he probably made the signature.

It's taking a long time to update because no one's updated it because it's an old thread people have forgotten about. :undecided:

RE: Board Version by user27089 on 01-11-2004 at 11:46 AM

i've only seen WDZ A few times in threads and stuff, he must be lazy,

RE: Board Version by Kryptonate on 01-11-2004 at 01:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
i've only seen WDZ A few times in threads and stuff, he must be lazy,
he's working on the update, coding and updating takes a lot of work and time
RE: Board Version by user27089 on 01-11-2004 at 01:24 PM

sweet, really he does alot for people hes never even met and i respect that :)

RE: Board Version by lizard.boy on 01-11-2004 at 05:29 PM

yeah Dz has alot to do cause theres like 28000 members or something and lalot of threads.  (in reality i think i was more like 22000 or something after a cleaning but the user counters been rigged)

downtimes not that bad. after not seeing the server load error in like a year dz has a right to make up for it :P

RE: Board Version by billywoods1 on 01-11-2004 at 05:53 PM

Yeah, he's not really lazy, we just say he is because he does so much he doesn't really have time to do what we ask. :P

RE: Board Version by Kryptonate on 01-11-2004 at 06:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1
Yeah, he's not really lazy, we just say he is because he does so much he doesn't really have time to do what we ask. :P
if you have a problem with the board or found a bug, he'll solve it quickly most of the time.
RE: Board Version by Guido on 01-11-2004 at 08:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1
Quite a lot of people call WDZ lazy, he knows we're only messing about... besides, he IS lazy! :P Anyway, I don't think Guido was doing much harm.
Exactly, he even had it in his user title before they switched them off.
quote:
And he probably made the signature.
Yes, I didn't "get" them anywhere :P
quote:
Yeah, he's not really lazy, we just say he is because he does so much he doesn't really have time to do what we ask. 
^o) No... he's just lazy... :refuck: