Shoutbox

EmoInstaller has been Created! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: EmoInstaller has been Created! (/showthread.php?tid=19744)

EmoInstaller has been Created! by Dice on 12-25-2003 at 02:22 AM

It's now here. EmoInstaller! With this you can install all the emoticons on a custom pack without manually doing it. The setup will install them all automatically within seconds. New Packs are being added to the site everyday. go to www.emoinstaller.com to get it.

Dont forget to visit www.itselephants.com who are the makers of EmoInstaller.

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by dotNorma on 12-25-2003 at 02:44 AM

:dodgy: Its been posted twice (but it is great)

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by Dice on 12-25-2003 at 03:25 AM

lol...ooops. Ah well..more advertising. Oh and BTY, im planning to release Baby Blue MSN Skin that i've made. Soon time it'll be up and running.

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by leito on 12-25-2003 at 03:38 AM

I has a "sponsor" inside!, in the license you agree "to collect
non-personally identifiable information about you" that's too bad.

Edit: Installing the sponsor is not optional like in Plus! It also says something about displaying advertising of something like that, Please Read de License before Installing.

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by Dice on 12-25-2003 at 03:47 AM

Leito what the HELL are you talking about :S

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by chris on 12-25-2003 at 03:54 AM

i dont really see the point of this :undecided: they sherev made a custome emoticon installer and it works just fine so why use this when it also intalls spyware?

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by KnightieBoy on 12-25-2003 at 08:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chris
i dont really see the point of this  they sherev made a custome emoticon installer and it works just fine
..for you.. It doesn't work for me, all it does is sit around on it's behind :P
quote:
Originally posted by chris
so why use this when it also intalls spyware?
don't know about that :-/
RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by zigomar10 on 12-25-2003 at 09:22 AM

i have a suggestion fot the EmoInstaller... could u make it also automatically add the custom emoticons to the MsgPlus QuickIcons? that would make it almost perfect :P

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by Dice on 12-25-2003 at 06:32 PM

hmm.....Perhaps we can customize it to that...thanks for the idea. Oh is anyone having problems installing the Emopacks from emoinstaller setup?

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by leito on 12-25-2003 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dice
Leito what the HELL are you talking about :S

When installing an emopack from www.emoinstaller.com you also install n-CASE, READ THE LICENSE BEFORE INSTALLING SOFTWARE!

n-CASE License and Privacy Policy
(Last Revised May 15, 2002)
By installing n-CASE, you grant permission for 180Solutions
to occasionally display interstitial advertising and to collect
non-personally identifiable information about you, including
the websites you visit while connected to the Internet.

And Dice this is the HELL I'm talking about, this is the second pack about this stupid emopacks.
RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by kao on 12-25-2003 at 10:56 PM

:undecided: dude, if you dont like it, dont install it, its simple

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by leito on 12-26-2003 at 12:01 AM

I just think is fair, for other people to know that this is not a clean software.

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by mat128 on 12-26-2003 at 02:18 AM

That's where I got nCASE!!!!!!! Using an installer for emoticons pack... Seriously I don't care if they take personal informations on me but HELL DON'T RUN A 20megabytes PROCESS TO DO THAT!!!!

:@

Mat

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by kao on 12-26-2003 at 02:42 AM

well, read the disclaimer before you mindlessly click next time, its your fault, not theirs, they need money, they slave away making fucking things to make OUR lives easier, and they get fuck all for it. a simple advert every couple of days is fuck all! so fucking what if they show ads due to sites u comonly visit, these packs are completely free, it saves you adding them one by one, or paying money for some fucking emotes, IMHO i'd rather have ncase than add them myself or pay for them.

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by leito on 12-26-2003 at 03:25 AM

If that's the point, they shouldn't try to hide in the license n-Case, I know they need money, but hiding things is not the

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
fucking

WAY!

And mat128 using adware, you can "disable" n-Case. I said disable because the you should make some steps manually after.

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by king_of_cool_kids on 12-26-2003 at 03:47 AM

yip. It contains spyware. I dialed up and it lead me to some site about education. Yikes.

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by kao on 12-26-2003 at 03:48 AM

lmfao, hiding? its blatently in the liscense agreement, and legally, you agreed to it, you installed it, if you didnt read what your agreeing to, thats too bad, what a shame, eh? poor you. Now, either dont click next so mindlessly, or carry on and install shit you dont want. the decision is yours my friend, all yours.

yes, they have a right to know, and they have that right, its in the installation but wait, you didnt read that, did you?

i rest my case.

EDIT: Quoted as "Lawyer Style" by a friend :chrongue:

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by leito on 12-26-2003 at 04:15 AM

Two things, I read the license, and installed the program just to post all this things I  have post, and do you thing this long license agreements aren't used to "hide" information. If they want everyone to know they would put it like Patchou!, But they don't that's a shame. If you like that, cool "the decision is yours".

Edit:
If we keep posting about this, is just SPAM. You like it, I don't, we won't change minds here. I just want to alert some guys that hate this spyware and adware.

Edit 2 (In response to Kao's post located down):
I won't keep posting about this thing (I dont't want to increment my number of posts, spaming.), I never said i knew everything about this program, but nevermind. And I use Patchou as an example because he makes free stuff also, but in a good way. And since this is a Forum of his program Plus, its a good example everyone knows about.

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by kao on 12-26-2003 at 04:23 AM

one thing, i dont mean to diss Patchou here, but why do you compare everything to Plus! and all authors to him? yeah, he made it optional, and good for him, it was a very good decision, not all authors have the choice though. n-Case is not spyware, its adware, all it does is show an advert which has some relativeness to websites you visit, yes, its classed as "spyware" because it sends them info on sites its users visit, but tbh, its not, all it does is show an advert once in a blue moon. whats wrong with that for a full installation of over 30 emotes easily and most of all, free. i had it installed for like 2 weeks now, and i see an advert once a day, sometimes not even that in fact. and another thing, the liscense agreement is so long because its giving you full information on the product, people like you cant decide, its either too much info, making it awkward to find out weather it installs adware, or its too short, and doesnt even tell you!

yes, infact, this is spam, and it can be split/moved all it wants, im simply telling you facts about the software your claiming to know everything about.

RE: EmoInstaller has been Created! by Dice on 12-26-2003 at 04:24 PM

Honestly..you guys are making toom uch of this...who cares...I dont see nothing. If you dotn wanna download then dont. No ones forcing you,