Shoutbox

Snow - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Snow (/showthread.php?tid=19807)

Snow by drunk_canadian on 12-28-2003 at 09:36 PM

I like snow, alot

but for sum reason (stupid global warming :blah:) we didnt get any snow this year for christmas and it pissed me off

so i was wondering if you guys got any snow where ever you live

why? i dont know i think im obsessed with snow

RE: Snow by Tochjo on 12-28-2003 at 09:42 PM

It didn't really snow here with Christmas, but it did snow a couple of days before Christmas. I think that counts :P

RE: Snow by Vazza on 12-28-2003 at 09:43 PM

We didn't have a white christmas but I did snow last weekend. not much mind you and it didn't last ( I think Scotland's the rainest place after the Amazon Rainforest). But its got colder again and it was trying to snow again earlier, so who knows.

RE: Snow by kao on 12-28-2003 at 09:49 PM

no snow here. fucking weather in this country sucks :undecided:

:banana:

RE: Snow by Kryptonate on 12-28-2003 at 10:05 PM

We didn't had snow this year, only a bit :(

RE: Snow by dom. on 12-28-2003 at 10:55 PM

:O we had the first bit of snow today!!! It lasted like 4 mins and didnt set but it was still snow!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

RE: Snow by Choli on 12-28-2003 at 10:56 PM

Here it hasn't snowed (snowed? snown?) for several years (neither in xmas nor any other day). It's a pity...
* Choli slaps that stupid global warming around a bit with a large trout.

RE: Snow by musicalmidget on 12-28-2003 at 11:08 PM

It's snowed a little bit in Scotland this year, but nothing in my neck of Britain yet.

RE: Snow by lylesback2 on 12-28-2003 at 11:09 PM

green christmas in Ontario... thanks to our friendly Global Warming :D

RE: Snow by BooGhost on 12-29-2003 at 12:57 AM

no snow here :dodgy:

RE: Snow by chris on 12-29-2003 at 01:10 AM

we got a lil snow like mixed with rain... it was spost to snow on christmas but it didnt.. my dad brothers and sister went up to the snow to go sleding and snowboarding but i stayed here at my moms

RE: Snow by CookieRevised on 12-29-2003 at 02:00 AM

The last time we had a real white xmas (and winter) year after year was more then 10 years ago... Now the winters are just rainy and drooly... Sometimes snow (if you call it snow though)....

RE: Snow by zappy004 on 12-29-2003 at 04:11 AM

we got a total of 1 meter and 10 cm of snow this winter, FOR NOW...

RE: Snow by WDZ on 12-29-2003 at 08:38 AM

We got quite a bit of snow before christmas, so there was snow on the ground and it was 'white,' but I don't think we got new stuff on xmas day. :p

The strange thing is that just 2 days after xmas it got really warm, almost like spring weather, and lots of the snow melted. :dodgy: I went outside with no coat/hat/gloves on, which was kinda fun. :p

RE: Snow by sock on 12-29-2003 at 09:22 AM

No snow here, never ever. :p Never gets below +5 degrees Celcius, and that too is kinda rare. :banana: Well, I mean, it's too bad there's no snow, but hey - it's not freezing, we have a very comfortable weather in the winters. :)

Summers though......... >_< no rain for more than half the year, plants go yellow, stuff gets dusty, the air gets dry and hot.... :(

RE: Snow by BiZaRrE on 12-29-2003 at 09:28 AM

no snow here:( maybe it's 'cos i live in singapore where the average temperature during the day is abt 30ºC and the average humidity level is abt 75%:P
damn it, wish i could go back to norway for holiday and see snow again:S, here we have a small place caled snow city wher we can "expirience REAL snow":P its a crappy place....

RE: RE: Snow by saralk on 12-29-2003 at 01:03 PM

No snow in wales (aka sheepsville). But it did get very cold.

RE: Snow by ranicx on 12-29-2003 at 01:19 PM

its summer... no snow in summer.. very hot though :grin: as in like 37-40*c .. we neva get snow here anyway.. although it did hail heaps once that made everything overed in white and look a little bit like snow

RE: Snow by dom. on 12-29-2003 at 01:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
We got quite a bit of snow before christmas, so there was snow on the ground and it was 'white,' but I don't think we got new stuff on xmas day. :p

The strange thing is that just 2 days after xmas it got really warm, almost like spring weather, and lots of the snow melted. :dodgy: I went outside with no coat/hat/gloves on, which was kinda fun. :p
i was out on xmas day in a tee shirt.. :p been out till bout 9 each day since in a tee shirt too, not cold at all here really :s
RE: Snow by Hova on 12-29-2003 at 02:15 PM

Its like 7-15 degrees here >.<

I wish it would snow already, so it doesn't snow in april or something.

RE: Snow by wacky on 12-29-2003 at 03:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zappy004
we got a total of 1 meter and 10 cm of snow this winter, FOR NOW...
lol. it might have snowed that much but not all of it stayed. we prob have about 40cms or something :P

christmas was white but damn ugly. it sorta rained snowed :dodgy: it was hot. well, for this time a year :-/

RE: Snow by Chrono on 12-29-2003 at 04:05 PM

No it never snows here :cry:

RE: Snow by lopardo on 12-29-2003 at 06:05 PM

Snow? What is that?

RE: Snow by BooGhost on 12-29-2003 at 06:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo2003
Snow? What is that?
:lol:

yeah :(
RE: Snow by AnGyPaNgY14 on 12-29-2003 at 08:37 PM

um..it snowed couple days before christmas then it rained and on christmas I went out with just a long sleeve and it was rare not to have snow here in newfoundland cuz we practically have 2 seasons..summer and winter lol..or winter and spring! =P so it was a change to the usual

RE: Snow by dotNorma on 12-29-2003 at 08:40 PM

What is this Snow you speak of? I think I heard of it once.. isnt it like blazing HOT SUN THAT MELTS US ALL!

RE: Snow by BooGhost on 12-29-2003 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
What is this Snow you speak of? I think I heard of it once.. isnt it like blazing HOT SUN THAT MELTS US ALL!
wtf?

was that supposed to be funny? :-/

sorry :P
RE: Snow by drunk_canadian on 12-29-2003 at 11:18 PM

it snowed a few weeks before christmas here, and now... no snow, its raining right no :blah:

its been really warm out lately, i was out in shorts, vey very weird for a canadian winter

RE: Snow by Kryptonate on 12-29-2003 at 11:19 PM

:dodgy: weather these years, looks like more and more people are seeing less and less snow :undecided:

RE: Snow by WDZ on 12-30-2003 at 06:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
:dodgy: weather these years, looks like more and more people are seeing less and less snow :undecided:
:dodgy: Yeah.

We used to have big snow storms and more severe weather, but the last few years it's been warmer and there's been less snow. I kinda like to have a blizzard once in a while... it's fun. :p
RE: Snow by Chop on 12-30-2003 at 06:31 AM

No Snow here.. when going anywhere else.. only ice..

RE: Snow by martin on 12-30-2003 at 06:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
same here, saturday it was like 70ºF but then sunday it was back in the 30s
RE: Snow by wacky on 12-30-2003 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
:dodgy: Yeah.

We used to have big snow storms and more severe weather, but the last few years it's been warmer and there's been less snow. I kinda like to have a blizzard once in a while... it's fun. :p
:o but I thought u hated snow :dodgy:

and yeah, the hotter temps are shit. we used to get blizards in Montreal too but not anymore. we had ONE storm yet this winter and it only snowed about 30-35 cms of snow and I dont think its about to happen again soon. fgs.. its raining atm :S I remember in umm.. was it 98, yeah 98, during that storm we had. it wasnt snow, it was rain freezing on the ground and braking our power lines! Temps are shite these years, even in the supposed to be cold countries. in summer, the temps are supposed to stay in the high 20°C's but it goes in the high 30's.. people dont care about the pollution and it makes me sick. if those icebergs melt a lot more, everything's going to screw up.

so anyone that cares about the future of this planet, be careful. recycle more, put your garbage in the garbage bin and hopefully things will get better. I sure hope so cuz I want those snow storms :happy:
RE: Snow by reisyboy on 12-30-2003 at 05:35 PM

WOW we had snow this morning :O lets be honest it was more a dusting of snow lol and its gone now :( ahh well atleast i've seen the white stuff :)

RE: Snow by fluffy_lobster on 12-30-2003 at 05:40 PM

* fluffy_lobster spent Christmas in the Swiss alps :banana:

RE: Snow by drunk_canadian on 12-31-2003 at 07:00 PM

it snowd a tiny tiny bit yesterday, i saw it, and then it was gone

RE: Snow by doughboyy on 12-31-2003 at 09:00 PM

theres tons of snow in vancouver canada. well not tons but we have had a lot. been snowing for like hours and hours. :banana:

RE: Snow by Art Crazy on 12-31-2003 at 09:00 PM

Here it never snows
I only saw snow 1 time in my live! 8o| (in Switzerland)
Stupid weather! :blah: