Shoutbox

New Mod - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: New Mod (/showthread.php?tid=19896)

New Mod by GiantSpider on 12-31-2003 at 12:45 PM

Question to staff. Is there or is there not talk of a new mod on the staff forum and will the applicant most probably be frm europe?

RE: New Mod by Choli on 12-31-2003 at 12:51 PM

:blah!: they're talking about that (if they want) in their private forum and we'll know about that if finally they choose a new mod. Also, why the poll? registered members aren't allowed to choose new mods ;) and they (staff) won't say

RE: New Mod by GiantSpider on 12-31-2003 at 12:56 PM

The poll = do ppl think there is a need for a new mod or whether its fine the way it is. And should it be ltd 2 ppl frm europe or not

RE: New Mod by Mnjul on 12-31-2003 at 01:09 PM

Whatever the result of the poll(which was started without official authorization) is has little influence on forum staff's decision:)

RE: New Mod by GiantSpider on 12-31-2003 at 01:13 PM

k take it off. didn't no u needed permission to start a poll and it wasn't there 2 influence ur decision it was 2 see wot the ppl who make this forum wot it is (the users) thought of a new mod. Crime? if so ban me. all I was tryin 2 do was to find out the truth amist the rumors 

RE: New Mod by Stigmata on 12-31-2003 at 01:14 PM

but is still a way to see what people think.... the staff would not
be who they are without the people on this forum.....

im from europe and there is normaly no mods on when im online, thats why you think i spam so much....

ps: some one needs to update the forum team page
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showteam.php

RE: New Mod by fluffy_lobster on 12-31-2003 at 03:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
ps: some one needs to update the forum team page
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showteam.php
Nobody updates the forum team page it's automatically generated.  It can't be wrong :chrongue:
RE: New Mod by Wabz on 12-31-2003 at 03:45 PM

Well Having a New Moderator depends on a lot of factors, personally I think another mod will help cut down spam a lot at certain times.

However there would be disadvantages who evers chosen has to already have a presence on the boards, and realistically theres no one there to fill it in.  Second thing would be the bickering and arguements about who got it and who should have got it.

Although both are there to consider I personally dont give a shit as the mods and admins do a great job, and although they can get untidy the boards are cleaned twice daily by our dedicated team :refuck:

RE: New Mod by billywoods1 on 12-31-2003 at 04:24 PM

Polls don't need authorisation? :dodgy:

Anyway, I don't really think it matters whether or not there's a new mod from Europe or anywhere else.

RE: New Mod by user27089 on 12-31-2003 at 06:18 PM

Europes cool, not good skate spots though..

RE: New Mod by wj on 12-31-2003 at 06:22 PM

There are some plans for the forums, They'll be implimented soon.

RE: New Mod by Wabz on 12-31-2003 at 06:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
There are some plans for the forums, They'll be implimented soon.

That sounds very Dooming and Dictator like !  Would you like to share some of these plans Coz I'm scared now

RE: New Mod by dotNorma on 12-31-2003 at 06:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
how does he have 7 stars and 190 posts?

He's a forum adminastrator , he helps run the forums and keep them up and in good running shape. Though he has a life unlike most of us and cant post very often

WJ sounds like a dictator :o

[edit] :dodgy: Tochjo beat me but i beat choli :dodgy: [/edit]
RE: New Mod by Choli on 12-31-2003 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1
Polls don't need authorisation?
What Mnjul meant is that this poll is done because someone wanted, not because the forum staff wanted to know our opinion so the results of the poll doesn't care.
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
how does he have 7 stars and 190 posts?
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=3416

[edit]Tochjo posted before me and NoName beated me, but I posted some info they didn't :banana:
RE: New Mod by GiantSpider on 01-03-2004 at 01:26 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/online.php

this is why we need a new mod at 13:25 GMT Cookie Revised was the highest ranking member online this could be a problem

RE: New Mod by fluffy_lobster on 01-03-2004 at 02:50 PM

There's nothing wrong with there being no moderators online... spam can wait an hour or 2

RE: New Mod by Mnjul on 01-03-2004 at 02:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/online.php

this is why we need a new mod at 13:25 GMT Cookie Revised was the highest ranking member online this could be a problem
You don't really have to worry about that because forum members can be invisible - so am I:)

quote:
Originally posted by fluffy_lobster
There's nothing wrong with there being no moderators online... spam can wait an hour or 2
Yeah that's right...
RE: New Mod by Johnny_Mac on 01-03-2004 at 05:25 PM

If we made every member a mod do you think they'd be no spam at all? :P

Of course not?

I rest my case.

RE: New Mod by reisyboy on 01-03-2004 at 05:48 PM

Yeh but there is a balance and do you think at the moment its balanced?

RE: New Mod by Kryptonate on 01-03-2004 at 05:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
because on that time no mod was online you think there should come a new mod? You can't except the mods to agree when they'll be online so they'll be online for 24hours together :undecided:
RE: New Mod by reisyboy on 01-03-2004 at 06:02 PM

No i think he's makin the point there are often members on like Lots of the Elite or Posting Freaks on that see lots of spam and often cant do anythin but wait for a mod and it takes to long somtimes. Is that right :S?

RE: New Mod by dotNorma on 01-03-2004 at 06:08 PM

They can report it :P

RE: New Mod by Mnjul on 01-03-2004 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
They can report it :P
Yeah...If you want to help mods find out spam you are supposed to report every posts you think of as spam:)

That's why and how I used to report about 20 posts a day before :P
RE: New Mod by bach_m on 01-03-2004 at 06:14 PM

i only discovered the report function BECAUSE u were supermoded... someone said "now fewer posts will be reported", and then i started to use it :p

RE: New Mod by reisyboy on 01-03-2004 at 06:19 PM

Reporting is a very good way of doing it and works very well the problem comes when a person repeatedly spams its reported then you have to wait for ages for a mod thats when people complain. Anyway :) Another mod maybe but im not so sure. As Mnjul said Reporting is the best way we can all help if we all did that then there would be less need for another mod.

RE: New Mod by bach_m on 01-03-2004 at 06:22 PM

* bach_m reports reisyboys post to do his part :P

j/k

i report all the spam/flame that i see. well, most

RE: New Mod by Stigmata on 01-03-2004 at 06:28 PM

* Stigmata will start using report more oftern

i would like cookie revised to be a op, but hey,  i no that it is a big thing and all, and i like how jehuty is hidden and suprises me when i report some thing, its gone in 5 seconds :)

RE: New Mod by CookieRevised on 01-03-2004 at 07:01 PM

like I said on IRC, being a mod is a hell of a responsibility, and that's something I don't have the time for (well sometimes I do, but not always)... reporting posts is a good/perfect way to help the mods....
I should report spam more also.... mostly I leave it alone, I'll change my beheviour :p

RE: New Mod by Anubis on 01-03-2004 at 07:15 PM

What would be good would be a system where a mod, a trusted well-respected member, is given a shift to run...depending on time zone and when they can be online...maybe this is one of those "new features"...

RE: New Mod by bach_m on 01-03-2004 at 07:28 PM

just use the report button.

like i did on ur post :P

sorry if i messed something, but why should cokie be made a mod (no offfece). i think if anyone, Guido shud.

RE: New Mod by Anubis on 01-03-2004 at 07:35 PM

Report Me? What did I do? meh, anyway I deleted that post and reported the one I was on about...

RE: New Mod by reisyboy on 01-03-2004 at 07:43 PM

Oki this STFU guy is a very good reason that shows a need. He posting around the words "ShutTheF***Up" and all we can do is report, I can see what people mean now about there been kinda a problem :). Atleast it will all be del'd quick as its all bene reported lol :)

RE: New Mod by CookieRevised on 01-03-2004 at 07:46 PM

not a problem, like said before, if it takes 2 hours then good... anyways, in this case Chrono is on it, so no problem...

RE: New Mod by reisyboy on 01-03-2004 at 08:15 PM

I know now it doesnt and i happy:) just saying if Chrono hadnt been here it may have been who knows :)

RE: New Mod by GiantSpider on 01-04-2004 at 02:33 PM

Guido is a good candidate 4 a new mod but Tochjo is also good. There are many wel respected ppl on the forum that r good enough 2 be mods.