Shoutbox

'Rating' page suggestion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: 'Rating' page suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=19997)

'Rating' page suggestion by Chrono on 01-03-2004 at 07:16 AM

In http://shoutbox.menthix.net/statistics.php?page=profiles2 , in the top 15 best rated guys, i was thinking if u could make it so it will show u in the list just if u got more than 5 rates or something..

Cause sometimes there are some guys with 2 votes and 5 stars up there and its quite dodgy :P

dunno, just an idea :chrongue:

RE: 'Rating' page suggestion by WDZ on 01-03-2004 at 07:46 AM

Nah, showing all users is part of the fun, because when you notice a n00b on the list, you can rate and remove him/her. :angel:

RE: 'Rating' page suggestion by Chrono on 01-03-2004 at 07:49 AM

:lol: so true :P

ok then

RE: 'Rating' page suggestion by fluffy_lobster on 01-03-2004 at 02:38 PM

There's some sort of intelligence behind it... I once tried to get a random n00b called supercow above patchou but 1 vote didn't work... after i persuaded a couple of other ppl to vote it worked (of course someone then de-rated him)

RE: 'Rating' page suggestion by bach_m on 01-03-2004 at 05:04 PM

another weird bug. not everyone who was born in 1987 (me) is 17. in fact, most arn't. its only the 3rd! so does that go by   age or year of birth??

RE: 'Rating' page suggestion by Johnny_Mac on 01-03-2004 at 05:22 PM

Well it would be impossible to calculate the number of members who's birthday it hadnt been yet. Plus not all members disclose their birthdays. Therefore in 2004 you are 17 at some stage. :P

RE: 'Rating' page suggestion by WDZ on 01-04-2004 at 06:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
another weird bug. not everyone who was born in 1987 (me) is 17. in fact, most arn't. its only the 3rd! so does that go by   age or year of birth??
Year. That's why the year is shown in the stats instead of just the age. :p

Calculating the age would be best, but when you have to make stats for 20000+ users, you want to keep the code simple. :tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by fluffy_lobster
There's some sort of intelligence behind it...
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. :p
RE: 'Rating' page suggestion by billywoods1 on 01-05-2004 at 09:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m

I was born in 1988 and I'm still 15... and it doesn't say I'm 16 yet. :P I suppose it depends whether or not you disclose your birthday.

quote:
Originally posted by fluffy_lobster
I once tried to get a random n00b called supercow above patchou

* billywoods1 remembers that :lol:
RE: 'Rating' page suggestion by fluffy_lobster on 01-05-2004 at 10:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. :p
What's the actual rule then?
RE: 'Rating' page suggestion by sock on 01-06-2004 at 12:28 AM

Ummm, allow me to go off-topic for a moment, I didn't want to start a new thread. I have a really small myBBug (:chrongue:) to report:
When a thread is locked and a non-privileged user clicks the "quote" button next to some post in it, the error page says that you can't edit this post because the thread is locked. So it should be "quote" there instead.

OK, you can go on with your conversation now. :p

RE: 'Rating' page suggestion by lylesback2 on 01-06-2004 at 12:34 AM

i like chrono's idea... but kind of put "worst members" LOl :lol: