Shoutbox

Can't edit posts in a closed thread? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Can't edit posts in a closed thread? (/showthread.php?tid=20125)

Can't edit posts in a closed thread? by fluffy_lobster on 01-05-2004 at 10:34 AM

Why?

[edit] BTW, WDZ you may have fixed the redirect for posting replies but there's still a missing space between 2 of the sentences in the redirect after posting a thread[/edit]

RE: Can't edit posts in a closed thread? by GiantSpider on 01-05-2004 at 11:02 AM

i wanted 2 edit sumthin i sed in the thread bout a new mod but it was closed but i suppose its cos ppl wud just delete evrythin and post sumat completely different

RE: Can't edit posts in a closed thread? by WDZ on 01-05-2004 at 02:34 PM

I don't really know why, but I won't change it, because there must be a good reason. :S :refuck:

I guess when a thread is closed, it should be considered kind of an "archive" and the content should remain the same.

Why would you want to edit a post in a closed thread anyway? In most cases, the thread isn't closed right after you reply, so you have time to fix stuff. Nobody else will be replying, and the thread will soon disappear from the list and stop being read due to that lack of replies, so... :p

RE: Can't edit posts in a closed thread? by GiantSpider on 01-05-2004 at 02:37 PM

In that instance I didn't know it was closed and therefore didn't see the fact that it would slip down the forum

RE: Can't edit posts in a closed thread? by fluffy_lobster on 01-05-2004 at 04:30 PM

yeah fair 'nuff