Shoutbox

D&D dice roller - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: D&D dice roller (/showthread.php?tid=20319)

D&D dice roller by Baruchi on 01-10-2004 at 04:48 AM

Hey there, I developed a dice roller for playing d20 rol games on-line
(I mean dungeons and dragons)

You can roll 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20 and 100 sides dices.

On the attachment is the .dll file and a read me.

As it was developed on C++, there is no need to register it; you just need to place it under the Plugins folder of your MSN Plus! installation folder.

something like

C: \Program Files \Messenger Plus! 2 \Plugins

Hope you like it.

RE: D&D dice roller by fluffy_lobster on 01-10-2004 at 10:35 AM

cool (Y)

100 sided dice though O_o sounds like a ball to me :P

RE: RE: D&D dice roller by Luthion on 01-10-2004 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fluffy_lobster
100 sided dice though O_o sounds like a ball to me :P

fortunatly not :) it's just two 10 sided dice. one for the tens and one for the ones

EDIT: good and handy plugin btw, (y)(y)
RE: D&D dice roller by Baruchi on 01-11-2004 at 03:27 AM

Thank you for liking my program, I hope it is useful.

And Luthion, you are correct, there are two 10 sided dices that are thrown, one to get 0, 10, 20, 30, ....., 100, and the other to get 0, 1, 2, ..., 10.

Cya later.

P.S. As you see, this plugin also works for roling Vampire because it only uses 10 sided dices.

RE: D&D dice roller by Huuf on 01-11-2004 at 09:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Baruchi
and the other to get 0, 1, 2, ..., 10.

it's 0, 1, 2, ...., 9

I only play the board game sometimes so no use for me :p

RE: RE: D&D dice roller by Luthion on 01-11-2004 at 12:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Huuf
it's 0, 1, 2, ...., 9

yes, but the 0 count's as 10.....
RE: D&D dice roller by Baruchi on 01-18-2004 at 02:53 AM

Hello again everybody, I came up with a little enhacenment for my DnD plugin.

It there is now a version for the player, and for the master.

The only difference, is that the master's one, uses a notify event to play a sound and that way the master can confirm that the player throwed the dices using the program, and not by making copy-paste.

As you may see, the player version may work on any version of MSN Plus!, while the master's one will work only with the latests versions of MSN Plus! and wait that there is no change on the sCCNotify number on later versions.

Note: I yet don't know how to make relative files to work, for sounds, so, you to play the sound, you will have to have installed MSN Plus!! on Program Files directory.

you could use any wav sound meanwhile it is named confirm.wav

And you should put it on the plugins directory:
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2\Plugins\

So the whole path should look like
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2\Plugins\confirm.wav

See you nex time. Baruchi

P.S.: It comes with source code, if you wanted to know how I developed it. And i compressed it using WinRAR, thats why of the .rar extension.

RE: D&D dice roller by Silver Lynx on 12-19-2005 at 08:37 PM

Could you post a little info about how to get this to work.

I've got the following directories

C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\Plugins
>DndDiceRoller
-dice.dll
   >MastersPlugin
       -newDice.dll
   >PlayersPlugin
       -newDice.dll

Where do I put the confirm.wav file?  (in plugins, DndDiceRoller, MastersPlugin, etc.)

Is the sound made when i send an xdie msg using masterPlugin, or when a player sends me an xdie msg using playerPlugin, or some other means?  Does the person sending it hear it?

Does the recieving person (who gets the /xdie msg) have to have the confirm.wav file in the right place?  Do they have to have the master plugin or does the sender?

RE: RE: D&D dice roller by CookieRevised on 12-19-2005 at 09:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Baruchi in the post before you

The only difference, is that the master's one, uses a notify event to play a sound and that way the master can confirm that the player throwed the dices using the program, and not by making copy-paste.
and
quote:
Originally posted by Baruchi in the post before you

Note: I yet don't know how to make relative files to work, for sounds, so, you to play the sound, you will have to have installed Messenger Plus!! on Program Files directory.

you could use any wav sound meanwhile it is named confirm.wav

And you should put it on the plugins directory:
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2\Plugins\

So the whole path should look like
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2\Plugins\confirm.wav

RE: D&D dice roller by Baruchi on 12-20-2005 at 02:33 AM

Hey again everybody, It's is nice to know that after much time, people still download the dice roller I made.

Unfortunatelly, The master's dll, does not work with versions other than Messenger Plus 2, since I did not know how to make relative paths to work, so the program had to read the complete path of "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2\Plugins\confirm.wav".

I'm so glad that people still download this dice, that I'm eager to develop a new version of it that could work with relative paths for the future, and if possible, that it has dice images to throw, to make it more visual.

It will take a bit to be out, since there has been a long time I do not program in C/C++, now I'm more of a Java oriented Programmer, for now I think I will go through C# Express, to maybe program this dll. I have to see the new SDK for the current version of MSG Plus!.

Note: Respecting the sound issue, the problem is the path, it has to be as mentioned above.
Note: Respecting how should it work, the person that owns the master dll will be the only one to hear the sound once the instruction is sent.
e.g.
  Master (owns master dll)
  Player (owns normal dll)

if Master sends roll -> Master hears sound, Player don't
  if Player sends roll -> Master hears sound, Player don't.

Hope this helps.

Cya Soon people.

RE: D&D dice roller by ShawnZ on 12-20-2005 at 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Luthion
yes, but the 0 count's as 10.....

so then its 1,2,3,...,10, is it not? 8-)
RE: D&D dice roller by Raven_Niassey on 05-15-2008 at 01:08 AM

Now what exactly is the command to roll the dice?

RE: D&D dice roller by Lou on 05-15-2008 at 01:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Raven_Niassey
Now what exactly is the command to roll the dice?
If you're using the latest version of Plus!, this will no longer work. Otherwise, read the included readme file.
RE: D&D dice roller by jonesthemighty on 03-09-2009 at 11:53 AM

I dunno if I'm just stupid or what but my C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live dosen't have a plugins folder it has a scripts folder and a interface folder (both empty) and placing newdice.dll in them dosen't work or does this only work with older versions? help!?!

Duh! I sould have read the last post lol is anyone working on a version that will work with Messenger Plus! Live
RE: D&D dice roller by Baruchi on 11-13-2010 at 07:11 AM

Hey All,

As you can see for the very, VERY late response to this thread, I haven't worked on this project any more.
It was something I created for when I was in College to play with my friends and well, I didn't need it anymore.

I loved this project and if I ever get chance to come back to it, I will love to re-do it for the newer versions of Messenger Plus.

In the mean time, I found some other dice rollers out there that are a good replacement.
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/480-DiceRoller/
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/306-Advanced-Dice-Roller/

Thank you all who ever downloaded and used the script in the old times of Messenger Plus 2! It really means a lot to me.

Take care, and enjoy playing D&D