Shoutbox

MineSwee++ 3: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: MineSwee++ 3: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (/showthread.php?tid=20323)

MineSwee++ 3: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer by Mnjul on 01-10-2004 at 07:05 AM

You want to play Minesweeper Flags...but everyone on your contact list is busy or away right now...

How about playing it with your computer, not a human?

Here is your chance...  MineSwee++ is here!
Have a nice Minesweeper Flags game with [o], the ultimate humanoid bot!

Download at: http://mnjul.net/mspp/

Please extract all the files before you run the program or you have to go through the benchmarking every time you play.

Also, the package has a Solver inside that you may use when you play Minesweeper Flags with your friends on Windows Live Messenger ;)

Requirement: .Net Framework 2.0

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by Chrono on 01-10-2004 at 07:40 AM

im gonna try it now, to see how 'inteligent' it is :P

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by KnightieBoy on 01-10-2004 at 12:09 PM

:o nice Mnjul, gonna try it right now :D

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by ranicx on 01-10-2004 at 12:11 PM

oo nice! :happy: .. now i just wish i new how to actualy play mine sweeper properly insted of just random clicking.

neway, nice work Mnjul like always (Y)

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by fluffy_lobster on 01-10-2004 at 12:29 PM

Woah sweet :O

I tried to make something like this a long time ago but the logic just got so complex.

I still beat it though :gfdrin: It still misses a lot of logically certain mines.

Ever thought of making a version of it so that you can set the outcome of one move and then have [o] suggest a move, so that it would effectively tell you the best place to move?

What's the actual internal setting that that slider does?  You say that below 33% is easier, but i put it at 0% and appears to be the hardest yet.  I tried at 100% and it avoided one of those huge clouds of mines no matter what i did.

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by Mnjul on 01-10-2004 at 12:39 PM

Nice Job, lobster:P (h5)

About your suggestion...Perhaps, I don't know...

I didn't plan to extend my project: Previous it, MineSwee+, was coded in C++ console mode with only a core (I made it for my "term project" of the computer science in this semester) ...MineSwee++ is just a small piece of software dedicated to you people :P

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by Stigmata on 01-10-2004 at 01:15 PM

ur bot kicked my ass.... just like zigomar10 does....i dont think im good at games

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by Wabz on 01-10-2004 at 01:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
ur bot kicked my ass.... just like zigomar10 does....i dont think im good at games

Hehe (Y)  Well done MNjul very interesting

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by Choli on 01-10-2004 at 02:09 PM

Mnjul :banana: well done and nice idea.
* Choli downloads

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
In actually I myself don't know the exact relation between the value and the difficulty of the game
:lol:
* Choli slaps Mnjul and [o] :refuck: around a bit with a large trout.
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by Mnjul on 01-10-2004 at 02:45 PM

Kinda...sometimes we humanbeings use our "sixth sense" - and it's no "scientific basis" - , but how can you tell lines of code to have the sixth sense?

Well let's say, when you know of 30% chance there is a mine under a cell, you "sometimes" choose to open it, "sometimes" choose not...

How do you code "sometimes" ?

50% is a fair number, but I don't know what makes the game the easiest and what the hardest:)

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by Choli on 01-10-2004 at 03:06 PM

quote:
How do you code "sometimes" ?

^o)
quote:
50% is a fair number, but I don't know what makes the game the easiest and what the hardest
i think that 50% doen't have anything to do with the difficult of the game. I'm not sure. I've only played once and the game freezed. :dodgy: the last i saw was "it's [o]'s turn.[o] is calculating a deciding" or something similar... nothing happened after that. I couldn't take a sshot. I'll test it further later.

Edit: just played again and if freezed again: see attachment,.
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by fluffy_lobster on 01-10-2004 at 03:12 PM

30% of the time you open it?

I would have thought the hardest process of decision would be to choose the square with the highest chance of there being a mine being there...

To make him smarter, you might also want to stop him choosing squares on the edge when he's making the 'random' moves when nothing that's there tells him where there might be a mine.  You have a statistically better chance of finding the mines indicated by a square on the edge than a square with all 8 unknown edges.

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by Mnjul on 01-10-2004 at 03:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fluffy_lobster
I would have thought the hardest process of decision would be to choose the square with the highest chance of there being a mine being there...
Yep that's right, [o] does it...

If the highest chance is not over 50% (you can set it in Games\Options) [o] just randomly opens one

If you like, I can post my source code of the original MineSwee+ in C++ (It's mess and unorganized all in all, and you'll wonder why I use class and even use an inheritance)

And Choli:
How come :|
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by Tochjo on 01-10-2004 at 03:31 PM

It's freezing for me too. I've attached a screenshot (that will probably not tell you much anyway).

[Image: attachment.php?tid=20323&pid=189120]

Edit: freezing again, with Red 17, Blue 24 and 10 left. Calculating, thinking, not responding...

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by Mnjul on 01-10-2004 at 03:48 PM

I've uploaded a new version and it's supposed not to have the freezing problem:)

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by Tochjo on 01-10-2004 at 03:54 PM

It isn't freezing anymore (for now), thanks! :D

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by fluffy_lobster on 01-10-2004 at 03:54 PM

quote:
Yep that's right, [o] does it...

If the highest chance is not over 50% (you can set it in Games\Options) [o] just randomly opens one

If you like, I can post my source code of the original MineSwee+ in C++ (It's mess and unorganized all in all, and you'll wonder why I use class and even use an inheritance)
Well it still has a better chance of winning if it always goes for the highest chance... maybe that's why 0% is so hard, but that depends on your code working out the probability of squares with nothing special adjacent to them to compare a random shot with.

I wouldn't be able to use the source code anyway, I don't have VC++ and don't know C++ :(  I can understand you using classes though, that's how I did it

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by Mnjul on 01-10-2004 at 04:09 PM

Well I am not very sure still...
[o] finds out the highest chance for all the cell is 40% (two fifth), and if [o] opens it he MISSES, does it mean you will have much more chance to open the (nearby) cells and get a mine?

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by fluffy_lobster on 01-10-2004 at 04:34 PM

Out of all the squares which you have the choice to click on, each has a percentage chance of getting a mine. 

For example, if it is adjacent to a 1 which has no other unclicked adjacent squares and no adjacent mines, the probability is 1, because there is nowhere else for the 1 mine to go.

Similarly, a square adjacent to a 7 which is surrounded by 6 clicked mines and one other empty square.
The probability of a square adjacent to a 2 which has 2 clicked mines adjacent to it is 0

Similarly, a shot in the middle of nowhere has a probability.  It can be calculated by taking the total number of mines left and dividing it by the total number of free squares.  This is usually quite a low probability but when you get further on in the game and more squares have been ruled out, one of these squares may well be more likely than one of the squares adjacent to a 1 in the middle of nowhere (each of which has a chance of 0.125).  You can also train it to pick the most remote possible 'middle of nowhere' square (although it looks like you already have) because if only one square separates the random square and a previously clicked square, you introduce combined probability that might be to the user's advantage.

I hope that makes sense...

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by Mnjul on 01-10-2004 at 04:36 PM

Thanks, I already know that...they are the ways [o] calculates...

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by fluffy_lobster on 01-10-2004 at 04:41 PM

So it calculates one for every square?  In that case it should already simply be the case of choosing the one with the highest probability... it needs no "sometimes" chance of whether to go for a random square because that has its own probability too.

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by Mnjul on 01-10-2004 at 04:56 PM

So you mean I just have to return the cell with the highest chance?

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by fluffy_lobster on 01-10-2004 at 05:25 PM

Yeah :P

Don't forget though, the probability of one of those isolated ones is also affected by how many mines we know are on a non-isolated square.  Then it gets more complex, because sometimes along a 'wall' there might be 2 or there might be 3 mines or something similar... you then have to calculate the probability of each number being true and multiplying the probability by the suggested number for each one, then adding them together to get a statistical average number of mines along that edge throughout all situations.

With that in mind a perfect representation of the probability of each square could get quite complex, though possible...

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? by Choli on 01-10-2004 at 08:54 PM

the problem with the freeze seems it's gone ;) nice mnjul

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.221 by Mnjul on 01-11-2004 at 06:33 AM

Lobster: Yep I've thought about that...and yet it's too complex. We Chinese have a chess-like game called "Wei Qi", and "corners" and "edges" play an important role in the game. I don't know how to play Wei Qi while I bet if I could play it I would be more likely to solve the puzzle in MineSweeper.
Also, according to your suggestions, I've uploaded a version that [o] always opens the cell with the highest chance (no metter how low the highest chance is). Still there are some tricks but [o] never cheats.

Choli: Thanks:)

I've uploaded a new version, with some GUI improvements. As for the Easter Egg, it's dedicated to my friend and has something to do with the About Window. Aim your mouse and click four letters:)

You could try to deassemble my program but I wonder how you'll like it :P :gfdrin:

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.221 by bach_m on 01-11-2004 at 06:40 AM

i odnt see the bomb feature...

u know, when ur losing, u cna click that button and u cna test a 5x5 area..... try the little bomb thing on ur side of the thing, u'll see what i mean

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.221 by Mnjul on 01-11-2004 at 06:53 AM

Yep I know what bomb is...;)

But asking [o] to select where and when to put bomb would be terribly hard :|

If you want the bomb only can be used by you not [o]...then it's unfair :refuck:

Let me consider 8-);)

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.221 by bach_m on 01-11-2004 at 06:55 AM

so!?!?!? thats not the point! i enjoy having un with the bomb! :P

if mr. [o]  cant think about where to put the bomb, thats his fault :P:P

pweeze?!!?

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.221 by Chrono on 01-11-2004 at 07:01 AM

:o well done Mnjul, it almost beats me the first time :dodgy:
after 'magically' (:dodgy:) guessing the position of 7 random bombs :dodgy:

Anyway, there's some graphical stuff that i dont like.. sometimes u get 'lost' as the flags and the numbes are.. dunno :P dunno how to explain.. maybe it would help if the flag's background is a bit darker.. or the numbers not so big :P

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.221 by Mnjul on 01-11-2004 at 07:03 AM

Chrono: [o] doesn't cheat:P

I hope latest versions I've uploaded emphasize the contrast...:)

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.221 by Chrono on 01-11-2004 at 07:07 AM

quote:
o] doesn't cheat

I hope latest versions I've uploaded emphasize the contrast...

that's the version i tried :undecided:

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.221 by tomfletcherman on 01-11-2004 at 10:04 AM

its very good

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.221 by CookieRevised on 01-11-2004 at 11:23 AM

That's one game I need to give to my mom, she's loves playing such games...

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.221 by user27089 on 01-11-2004 at 11:42 AM

isn't minesweeper already on the PC?

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.221 by Choli on 01-11-2004 at 11:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
isn't minesweeper already on the PC?
yes, but you play alone. Mnjul's minesweeper is to play against [o] (the computer) (and has a bit different rules (you have to found mines, not avoid them)

* Choli donwloads last version and looks for the easter 8-|
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.221 by user27089 on 01-11-2004 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
yes, but you play alone. Mnjul's minesweeper is to play against [o] (the computer) (and has a bit different rules (you have to found mines, not avoid them)

* Choli donwloads last version and looks for the easter 8-|
ok.. thankyou for the update, i don't think i have it anyway..

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.221 by Mnjul on 01-11-2004 at 12:11 PM

Chrono: Hope you'll like the cells' colors now:)

traxor: this is the one you play through MSN Messenger's Launch Site game.

More GUI fixes and...why the file is so big now? Because you have more sounds...:refuck:
As for the logics part: Well...I'll leave it for now:^)

A 800kb file never kills your network right? ;)

p.s.
As for the bomb: I'll add it if only few people have won [o] ever since:)

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.225 by Choli on 01-11-2004 at 12:22 PM

quote:
(866.5 KB)
:O poor 56 Kbps modem users...
quote:
why the file is so big now? Because you have more sounds...
maybe you can reencode them to take less space ^o) (use mono, if they're in stereo, etc... I don't know)
Edit:
quote:
As for the bomb: I'll add it if only few people have won [o] ever since
I've just won [o] :banana: (if you want proofs, I have a s.shot:P)
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.225 by fluffy_lobster on 01-11-2004 at 01:07 PM

A little English correction on the message box at the end of the game: depending on what you mean, you either need to say "Clicking OK will create a new game" or "Click OK to create a new game"

:)

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.225 by Choli on 01-11-2004 at 01:12 PM

quote:
"Clicking OK will create a new game" or "Click OK to create a new game"

what's the difference? really they mean the same
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.225 by Mnjul on 01-11-2004 at 01:41 PM

:O

Oh yeah, currently it's "Click OK will create a new game"
Two verbs, I see:P

Thanks

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.225 by fluffy_lobster on 01-11-2004 at 02:20 PM

The first one is telling you what clicking ok will do... the second one is instructing you to do so, but atm the msgbox is "Click OK will create a new game" which means nothing :P

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.225 by fluffy_lobster on 01-11-2004 at 03:59 PM

I just noticed a strange piece of logic in [o] which may sacrifice a lot of his chances:

[Image: randimage.php?id=175]
In that screenshot [o] was the last to move, and I had opened up that corner square bordered in red.  Surely that square to the south-west of where I went would have a much greater chance of being a mine than where [o] went, because it would satisfy 4 of the 9 effective statements made by the 4 already-revealed squares (each one being "there is a mine next to me".  Instead [o] always tries to open a square which has as few opened squares touching it as possible, as in the screenshot.  Now unless there is a huge gaping gap somewhere else on the field, it is less likely that each of these 4 squares have mines adjacent to them that aren't shared by other squares, because it means there are more mines.

I'm too tired to figure out the exact math that needs to go in, but to successfully account for the combined probability of each of these squares, the entire situation would have to be supposed.  For each entire theoretical situation in which all the shown squares are satisfied, the number of squares without mines must be compared to the number of squares with mines, and then compared to the average number squares to every one mine, which is 256/51 = 5.0196078431372549019607843137255 .  I think that the probability of each combination of mines and non-mines would then be given a deviation from that 5.01... and the standard deviation worked out, then each deviation translated into a standardised score, which is the comparitive value of each combination, and then for each combination the standardised score being applied to each square involved in it, and for each square its probability in relation to an adjacent square such as a "2" being multiplied by the standardised score.  If all this hasn't already completely confused me, the average standardised score * probability across all the combinations would be found for each square which would result in a true probability.

Hope that's at least vaguely understandable... incidentally neither the square I thought was more likely nor the one [o] thought was more likely was a mine :P though as a general rule it is.

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.225 by Mnjul on 01-12-2004 at 06:39 AM

You get the point...currently [o] calculates as the cases are HALF (note I say half, because it's coded as half)-independent events. Hmm...

I will have to study Probability in the next semester (it'll be in the official lessons), by then you will have a smarter [o] :rolleyes:

Say no if you don't understand me:P

Oh btw, has there anyone opened the easter egg yet..:(

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.225 by Guido on 01-12-2004 at 06:45 AM

Nice thingy!

(just needs some better design ;)) but very good

[edit] It doesn't have the bomb feature :refuck:

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.225 by Mnjul on 01-12-2004 at 06:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
just needs some better design
Guido has all the rights to say that, but it's harsh :dodgy: :tongue: :cough: I did the designs by my self :cough:

As for the bomb, [o] is not smart enough for you to have a bomb :refuck: And when bomb is added, [o] should be able to use it too...
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.225 by fluffy_lobster on 01-12-2004 at 07:53 AM

Heh that could be some seriously interesting probability work figuring out when it's best to use the bomb :P

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.228 by Mnjul on 01-12-2004 at 04:08 PM

Even I myself don't know when is the best time to use the bomb...when I have no thoughts, it becomes harder to code it for [o]. :)

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.228 by user27089 on 01-12-2004 at 06:18 PM

where can i get 'minesweeper;

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.228 by Mnjul on 01-12-2004 at 06:20 PM

quote:
where can i get 'minesweeper;
The one with MSN Messenger 6?
Open a conversation window, click Launch Site and select MineSweeper Flags
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.228 by fluffy_lobster on 01-12-2004 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Even I myself don't know when is the best time to use the bomb...when I have no thoughts, it becomes harder to code it for [o]. :)
Maybe you could make a version of the code that plays lots of [o] vs [o] games where the bomb is used at random points and records the success of the bomb and some variables showing the situation?
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.228 by CodeChaos on 01-13-2004 at 12:34 AM

Great game!

It needs a better design...

Perhaps I can do it! :D

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.228 by Guido on 01-13-2004 at 01:43 AM

quote:
As for the bomb, [o] is not smart enough for you to have a bomb :refuck: And when bomb is added, [o] should be able to use it too...
Why? [o] is already smart enough not to need coffee to be awake in front of a Minesweeper game :refuck:

Just add the bomb to the human user...
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.228 by Mnjul on 01-13-2004 at 02:21 AM

A Bomb is by no means hard to add for a human, but I think it's still unfair :-/

anyway I will add that...after I have time from my final term

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.228 by Chrono on 01-13-2004 at 02:37 AM

well mnjul u can just add the bomb as an option..
i mean u put "bomb" in the options/whatever panel, and u can check/uncheck it, either if u want it or not in the game
So if i dont want the game to be unfair i wont check it, and if im a newbie at the game (:refuck: @ gfd,bach_m) ill check it

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.228 by Mnjul on 01-13-2004 at 02:46 AM

Ahh it's ok, chrono, if you want a "fair" game you could just do not press the bomb button at all:P The option would be a bit useless because I haven't planned to practice lobster's advice and then [o] doesn't know how to use the bomb;)

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.228 by Chrono on 01-13-2004 at 02:50 AM

quote:
Ahh it's ok, chrono, if you want a "fair" game you could just do not press the bomb button at all

but the bomb being there would be like a temptation :P

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.228 by Mnjul on 01-13-2004 at 04:26 AM

I see, but you soon will find out the bomb doesn't seem to be a friend for you.

Go update:)
Yet the bomb function is a bit experimental:)

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.231 by Chrono on 01-13-2004 at 04:54 AM

indeed i dont use the bomb :P
Guido can tell u :refuck:

[Image: attachment.php?tid=20323&pid=190268]

(Click the attachment for fullsize :P)

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.231 by Choli on 01-13-2004 at 07:38 AM

Mnjul, what about an option to let [o] start the game?

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.231 by Mnjul on 01-13-2004 at 08:19 AM

quote:
Mnjul, what about an option to let [o] start the game?
OK:)

It will not be hard...first one must be a random one except the wall/corner :lol:

Edit
Got it released...

As I have to work on my personal site when the winter vacation begins, there will be no major code changes unless serious issues happen:)

Please open the Easter Eggie!!!:(
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.233 by chungster on 01-13-2004 at 01:45 PM

dude this comp is %@$&in smart

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.233 by Choli on 01-13-2004 at 02:22 PM

Well, there are some bugs (or graphic glitches ;))
[Image: attachment.php?tid=20323&pid=190387]
In the options, when you select at the first slider (of the two shown at the image) a value greater than 9 and at the second you select 100%, the text
[o] extreme hit rate: 0% to XX% AND 100% to 100%
doesn't fit. (see attachment)

When the first slider is at 100%, the minimun and max. value of the second is 100 and so gives the error shown.

Sorry for the image, but here I only can save in BMP and had to use 16 colors to not attach a much bigger image.

About [o]'s delay times, they aren't stored anywhere, are they? Could you make it stores those times?

quote:
Special thanks to: Charlie_Su, Choli, Lobster, Ranicx, Sigrid

quote:
Please open the Easter Eggie!!!

If we (or I) would know how... :P
Anyway, still trying.......
:banana:

Edit:
Didn't WDZ added the [attachment] tag? It doesn't work ^o)
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.233 by fluffy_lobster on 01-13-2004 at 04:55 PM

A bit of a bug in the bomb: you can't click the bomb if the middle square is one which you've already opened, when you should be able to.

[edit] And I can't for the life of me figure out this easter egg :S

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.233 by Mnjul on 01-14-2004 at 05:55 AM

quote:
A bit of a bug in the bomb: you can't click the bomb if the middle square is one which you've already opened, when you should be able to.
I thought you couldn't in MSN Zone's game...well I wasn't sure about it, so in the next version it will be clickable. Thx

As for Choli: I'll fix the problem soon, thanks;)

Edit:
The following things mentioned have been fixed/modified/added:
  1. Runtime Error 380 (Invalid Property Value) as Choli mentioned. The first slider bar's max value is now 99.
  2. The checkbox now has a longer width, so the text inside shouldn't be line-broken like Choli's screenshot.
  3. As for the bomb issue like Lobster said, you can now use the bomb when the center square has been alreay opened.

The easter egg is that you continuously and ordinally click on a set of four letter :-/

I know it's hard...:p
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.233 by Guido on 01-14-2004 at 06:12 AM

quote:
Edit:
Didn't WDZ added the [attachment] tag? It doesn't work
Yes, but it's on his hard drive's RC1 build. He didn't update yet :P

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.233 by Chrono on 01-14-2004 at 06:25 AM

quote:

It will not be hard...first one must be a random one except the wall/corner

Why not the wall/corner? :undecided:

As for the easter egg, i have been trying but...

give us a(nother) hint!!

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.236 by fluffy_lobster on 01-14-2004 at 07:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Why not the wall/corner? :undecided:

Because you have a better chance of getting a mine that a square on the wall/corner might point to, because being on the wall rules out 3 possible squares.

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.236 by Mnjul on 01-14-2004 at 09:15 AM

Do you like this new cell pictures? If not, I'll change it back...
If so, I'll release it:P

[Image: attachment.php?tid=20323&pid=190820]

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.236 by Choli on 01-14-2004 at 09:41 AM

quote:
Do you like this new cell pictures? If not, I'll change it back...
If so, I'll release it
yeah!! they're nicer... release it!! ;)
About the bugs, they're gone. :banana:
one thing more (i'm a bit picky :P) the window should start centered at the screen, in my opinion.
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.236 by hcsoso on 01-14-2004 at 02:57 PM

Easter Eggie
GOT IT:)

[Image: attachment.php?tid=20323&pid=190898]

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.236 by hcsoso on 01-14-2004 at 02:58 PM

THE WAY TO GET IT:)

[Image: attachment.php?tid=20323&pid=190899]

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.236 by Mnjul on 01-14-2004 at 03:07 PM

hcsoso is my classmate...after I gave him quite a few hints (:P) he just worked it out!;) Great(Y)
As well he agreed that I edit his posts to make the attachment shown in the posts

Nice Jooooob

Choli: Fixed in next version

Does anyone else like or dislike the new skin?

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.236 by hcsoso on 01-14-2004 at 03:13 PM

not "quite a few"...^^"
almost all....

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.236 by Mnjul on 01-15-2004 at 01:43 AM

Lobster: Could you use math equations to explain your post?

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20...d=189580#pid189580

In your post I at least know standard deviation...anyway just post your equations and I'll try to work it out;)

If you don't want to..it's ok too:P

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.236 by Guido on 01-15-2004 at 07:35 PM

Colorful = better, however why don't you just do it like the MSN one? :-/

RE: RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.236 by fluffy_lobster on 01-15-2004 at 09:29 PM

quote:
Lobster: Could you use math equations to explain your post?

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20...d=189580#pid189580

In your post I at least know standard deviation...anyway just post your equations and I'll try to work it out;)

If you don't want to..it's ok too:P

OK, the way I'll do this is to do the equations php-style, which afaik is almost if not completely identical to c...

Supposing you had a class array named $combination which had a number of different properties.  Each item in the array represents a possible combination in which the current visible squares are all satisfied (e.g. every 2 has two mines next to it)

foreach($combination as $i=>$value){

$combination[$i]->squaresinvolved = $combination[$i]->knownemptysquares + $combination[$i]->knownmines ;

$combination[$i]->deviation = ($combination[$i]->squaresinvolved / $combination[$i]->knownmines)-(256/51) ;

$totaldev += sqrt($combination[$i]->deviation ^ 2);

}

$standarddev = $totaldev / count($combination) ;

$combination[$i]->standardisedscore = $combination[$i]->deviation / $standarddev ;

}

Now each combination has a standardised score which represents the number of standard deviations from the average and ideal situation.  The closer to 0 this value is, the more likely the combination is.  To make the closeness to zero a positive thing, I think at this point it needs to be depolarised and reciprocated.  Then the reciprocal can be found as a fraction of the total and it's that fraction that is the direct probability of each combination.

$combination[$i]->standardisedscore = 1/(sqrt($combination[$i]->standardisedscore ^ 2)) ;
$totalreciprocalstandardisedscore += $combination[$i]->standardisedscore ;

}

$combination[$i]->probability = $combination[$i]->standardisedscore/$totalreciprocalstandardisedscore ;

}

Now we have to apply the combination's probability to each square to see which one it affects the most. Let's take every square that [o] might want to click on (i.e. every one that is adjacent to the existing cluster of uncovered squares) and throw them into some sort of array.  And let's suppose each of these squares has a property called "influences" which is an array of probabilities that have effect on that square.  For example, if it's adjacent to a 1 with 4 free spaces next to it, an array item would be added with a value of 0.25.  The number of items in the array would depend on the number of opened squares.  For each of these probabilities you multiply it by the combination's probability, and then at the end take the average of these probabilities.  For each combination, the average probability is added to get a perfect (i think) probability:

foreach($possiblesquare as $j=>$value1){

foreach($possiblesquare[$j]->influences as $k=>$value2){

$possiblesquare[$j]->influences[$k] = $possiblesquare[$j]->influences[$k] * $combination[$i]->probability ;

}

$possiblesquare[$j]->probability[$i] = sum($possiblesquare[$j]->influences) / count($possiblesquare[$j]->influences);

}

}

foreach($possiblesquare as $i=>$value){

$possiblesquare[$i]->overallprobability = sum($possiblesquare[$i]->probability);

}

And if I'm right, that's the way the cookie crumbles :P
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.236 by Mnjul on 01-16-2004 at 08:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Colorful = better, however why don't you just do it like the MSN one? :-/
I've used their sounds...if I use their pictures now I'm gonna end up sued:P
joke...I actually don't like the color theme of the zone game:) Maybe you prefer it to the style in MineSwee++, but it's up to the programmer :refuck:

Lobster: Thanks, I'll look into it soon. I know PHP as well, had studied it before;)
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.236 by Choli on 01-16-2004 at 11:35 AM

quote:
I actually don't like the color theme of the zone game Maybe you prefer it to the style in MineSwee++, but it's up to the programmer
why don't you add an option to change the color theme? ;)

btw, could you make an option to turn off the sounds? last night I was listening to some music at a very low volume (it was 1 am) and if I played MineSwee++ the sounds didn't let me hear the music *-)
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.236 by Mnjul on 01-16-2004 at 11:37 AM

quote:
why don't you add an option to change the color theme?
Good idea but...a bit useless:P j/k

quote:
btw, could you make an option to turn off the sounds? last night I was listening to some music at a very low volume (it was 1 am) and if I played MineSwee++ the sounds didn't let me hear the music
Added in next version, I should upload it in a few hours (Haven't done the matters about Lobster's good comments)
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by bach_m on 01-23-2004 at 04:19 AM

dont know if its been fixed or not, but in 231, i got after a while of playing:

code:
---------------------------
MineSwee++
Run-time error '9':

Subscript out of range
OK   

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Mnjul on 01-23-2004 at 04:28 AM

Try to see if you can reproduce the bug, bach_m:) (But as far as the mines are placed randomly every time, I suppose reproducing the bug would be hard)
If you keep encountering this problem I'd release the "information version". What Lobster says hasn't been included at all because I'm currently making my webiste as I mentioned:)

Edit: BTW, update first? :P

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by bach_m on 01-23-2004 at 02:26 PM

it happened when [o] was trying to pick a square. i DID fool around with the 2 slide bars, if that helps

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by bach_m on 01-23-2004 at 11:58 PM

another bug:

when [o] is looking for mines, the black square moves, but it seems to be one sqare to the bottom and one to the left of where [o] is clicking..

if that made sence.

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Mnjul on 01-24-2004 at 02:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
the black square moves, but it seems to be one sqare to the bottom and one to the left of where [o] is clicking..
I know what you are talking to, it's a glitch...:) I have made the glitch appear with the slightest deviation but you know, it just didn't solve the problem very correctly:P
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by lizard.boy on 01-24-2004 at 02:44 AM

ur bot kicked my ass.
very good work mnjul

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by user27089 on 01-26-2004 at 07:52 PM

jackass wanabe knows how too cheat... so how do you cheat on it, cause its annoyin :@

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Choli on 01-26-2004 at 11:26 PM

is it possible to cheat? :dodgy:

quote:
jackass wanabe knows how too cheat...
then , why don't you ask him?
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Weyzza on 01-27-2004 at 07:58 AM

very nice game...

and the bot is damn smart :dodgy:

i have an idea
add an optional countdown timer for player's turn
i bet it would be more challenging

[edit]
the bot cheats :dodgy::dodgy::dodgy:
[Image: attachment.php?tid=20323&pid=195583]
is there any way to make it less smart?
[/edit]

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Choli on 01-27-2004 at 12:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
the bot cheats
Mnjul said [o] does NOT cheat, however it's a bit annoying that it opens several (3, 4 or even more) squares with mines "magically" :p
quote:
is there any way to make it less smart?
Game > opetions > select [o] extreme hit rate range and move the sliders below. I still don't know what each slider does neither how [o] behaves acording to those values.
* Choli looks at Mnjul :rolleyes:
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Mnjul on 01-27-2004 at 12:55 PM

Choli: I don't believe you have never had the same situation that you sweep 3 or 4 mines in a row magically:P

To make the game eaiser you can set the hit rate 0%~0% and 100%~100%. As I have said for times before, I still don't really know the relation between it and the difficulty of the game:)

Still working on my website, so no update:)

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Choli on 01-27-2004 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Choli: I don't believe you have never had the same situation that you sweep 3 or 4 mines in a row magically
no :'( Maybe 1 or 2 but never more :P

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by user27089 on 01-29-2004 at 06:34 PM

quote:
is it possible to cheat? :dodgy:

then , why don't you ask him?
he is a big meanie, so pleeeeeease tell me :)

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by fluffy_lobster on 01-29-2004 at 08:30 PM

Any update on the application of my idea Mnjul?

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Mnjul on 01-30-2004 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Any update on the application of my idea Mnjul?
No. The reasons are...
1. Still don't know how to include and comprehend your code into my existing ones
2. Though my site is finished, I have got other things to do...first is study and the next is, I plan to move to the city where my school is in myself in the next month and I've got too much to do :-/
3. Dunno if this counts, but I think I'm just in love now and can't think of too many other things:P
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Rancey on 02-12-2004 at 09:46 AM

Nice work, just a bug I encountered (threads to long for me to sift through and see if it's already been mentioned). When I click on game then options, the game closes it self and makes the same beep noise it does when it starts, or when you close it manually.

I don't know if the start difficulty setting is low, but the bot seems to make a lot of unneccessary guesses.

Awesome work though. :)

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Huuf on 03-07-2004 at 12:38 PM

if you click and then fast move your mouse you get the out off the side block, so the black selection thing is here but he clicks 5 spaces further :p

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Mnjul on 03-07-2004 at 12:57 PM

Sorry, Rancey for replying so late, I didn't see this thread was replied :S

quote:
Originally posted by Rancey
Nice work, just a bug I encountered (threads to long for me to sift through and see if it's already been mentioned). When I click on game then options, the game closes it self and makes the same beep noise it does when it starts, or when you close it manually.
Do you have your VB Runtime file installed properly? :)

quote:
Originally posted by Huuf
if you click and then fast move your mouse you get the out off the side block, so the black selection thing is here but he clicks 5 spaces further :p
Yeah I know...Didn't think there are users that are so fast:P Well, I'll add another disablement cold to MouseMove (currently it's only in Click/MouseDown/MouseUp)

The development is somewhat currently paused because I am too busy with my studies :S Oh btw, in this semester I'll study Statistics so Lobster (Y) (Though I don't really know your codes' some varibles' equivalent to mine)
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Marsh8472 on 03-07-2004 at 02:14 PM

The first time i played against the bot i lost 19-26 but the next game i won 26-17 :D however I kinda used a computer of my own... my minesweeper probability calculator can calculate the probability of any cell having a mine in it.  Snapshots and program are available at http://wave.prohosting.com/mars8472/minesweeper.html enjoy (H)

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Sticky on 03-10-2004 at 11:55 AM

what is EXTREME HIT RATE RANGE ?

p.s i found [0] very tough. tougher than most of the human player i got on my contacts.

with [0] i have a win % of around 40% :S ... whereas against humans i have win% of 87%

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Marsh8472 on 03-10-2004 at 05:09 PM

Made a bot of my own you can play against.  Snapshots and program are available at http://wave.prohosting.com/mars8472/minesweeper.html

I also used the algorithum against [o] in 20 games and it won all 20.  It takes probability of being a mine, probability of being an expander block, and minesweeper density in area into account when moving.  I want to see if i found the right balance so if you can play against it and tell me how often you win that would be most helpful to me thanks.

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Sticky on 03-11-2004 at 01:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Marsh8472
  It takes probability of being a mine, probability of being an expander block, and minesweeper density in area into account when moving. .

what is minesweeper density???

does this assume that the mines are usually grouped together?

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Marsh8472 on 03-11-2004 at 10:22 AM

the average number of mines surrounding the square.. i figured out how to make it alil faster so i'm going to be working on that

RE: RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by V@no on 03-11-2004 at 01:34 PM

quote:
the bot cheats :dodgy::dodgy::dodgy:
[Image: attachment.php?tid=20323&pid=195583]

That was my first impression....^o)
first time I played, the bot put 3 flags in a row outside of the opened blocks, it seems that the alghorithm  uses bombs coordinats, not as it would "think" where are the bombs...
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Sticky on 03-11-2004 at 01:56 PM

out of about the 10 times i played it...

i only won once about 26 Vs 24

the other times the bot beat me by alot around 26 Vs 15 or less.

this bot very very  strong... when there are a few mines left it plays very very conservatively (i.e. does not do guesses that are not adjacent to any flags to avoid hitting a blank)~ and correctly so ... unlike [0]

i have yet to determine if it cheats... however when there are 50/50% decisions it does seem to pick the correct choice more often than not.....

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239 by Marsh8472 on 03-13-2004 at 03:02 AM

Ok I updated the bot player. It's faster, smarter, and has more options. You can say it's not formidable but I think you'd be lying :D  Snapshots and program are at http://wave.prohosting.com/mars8472/minesweeper.html or http://www.angelfire.com/clone2/marsh8472/Minesweeper_Flags2.exe to just download it.

RE: RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1. by CookieRevised on 01-30-2006 at 12:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by darknavi
It's been a while, almost 2 years, but is there a new link to the Minesweeper Solver?

http://wave.prohosting.com/mars8472/minesweeper.html

Links are dead now, can someone post a new one or something similar?

Thanks!:D

Links are not all dead; look closer...
At the bottom on that page there is a zip with all the files in it.
Also the forum link still does work and will bring you to their forum (which is also still alive).

;)
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.240 by Mak on 01-30-2006 at 12:13 AM

Hell yeah, ive been looking for this game for ages!

Nice work..anyways i gotta get back to it

Computer - 1, Me - 2 :refuck:

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.240 by [MR] on 02-05-2006 at 09:45 PM

i lost horrbily...[o] has to cheat :refuck:
[Image: loser4qa.jpg]

the comp cheats like a mofo! :blah:

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.240 by manuvalbu on 02-08-2006 at 04:08 AM

hi,im manu, a grandmaster of minesweeperflags.
I played with that bot and i can say that the graphics and sounds are good,but the level horrible,the bot is very easy,that bot doesn't see the possible expands,go for the 1/2 when it see it, not calcule the probabilities...etc etc,very very bad level,i beated it very easy, the marshall bot is better than it,the marshall bot see the probabilities of all sqaures,and control a bit better the expands,tough the marshall bot is very bad too,i beated it very easy too.
nowadays the best bot is the mario bot,it calcule the probabilities and the expect value level 1, and avoid expands better than marshall bot, tough mario bot arent still better than me and than the other best players (sebmarti,the master and pzy),it is the hardest bot,but in a near future we will create a bot which calcule the expect value level 2 and 3,that bot will be the best player.

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.240 by [MR] on 02-08-2006 at 04:14 AM

what are you talking about? the marshall bot?  the mario bot?  and the computer in Mnjul's game can be either easy or hard, you can set the difficutly in the game's options.

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.240 by manuvalbu on 02-08-2006 at 12:27 PM

i cant access to options,it give me an runtime error,i played it in by default mode,and i beated it very easy,my record is 26-4,i can show the image, anyway i dont think that in the best level this bot could do anything,its really bad.Marshall bot and Mario bot are another programs of minesweeperflags,Marshall bot was created for marshall,it is better than the bot of this page, the mario bot was created with my help of maths formules for mario,that is the best bot nowadays,much better than the marshal bot,and now seren is thinking in create another bot with my help too,that new bot will be better than the mario bot.

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.240 by SebMarti on 02-13-2006 at 02:50 PM

Hi, I played your bot Mnjul and I can say it's nice, but i can beat it easily and the competitive players can do it easily too, you continue improving that program and you try play against good players, maybe you will understand the real level of this game if you see the level of the league players and it can give you new ideas.

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.240 by psychedelic on 05-19-2006 at 10:07 PM

Hey Hell

I got to say something about the program minesweep ++ you wrote.
8 times of the 10, the computer is always winning.  It finds mines randomly, in fields where there are no numbers or nothing at all.
I'm sorry for the bad english at the moment, but if you want, I can say it in dutch if you prefer :p
At this moment you will have to handle this bad english.
Can you please give an update or something for an easier computer bot :d

Greetz;,;

The psychedelic tripflip

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.240 by Supersonicdarky on 05-19-2006 at 10:17 PM

u should be able to choose a level, like all normal games :P

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.240 by Mnjul on 05-20-2006 at 05:25 AM

I know, I just have no time to revise the algorithms...The game was designed in VB and it could be a little bit inconvenient to implement hells algorithms/data structures with that.

I may do some research in the future perhaps after the completion of my Algo & DS course :p Completing this little proggy has always been my dream.

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.240 by Eddie on 05-20-2006 at 06:26 AM

hehe very nice game :) its interesting :) beats me to -.-

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.0.0395 Preview Release by Mnjul on 01-25-2007 at 11:54 AM

A new version has been released!

MineSwee++ 2 incorporates a new algorithm. (I think) It's smarter and you can somehow adjust its difficulty too.

Download at: http://mnjul.net/mspp-dl.php
Fix game startup problems: http://mnjul.net/mspp-faq.php

This Preview Release still uses VB interface and has some (workaround-available) startup problems sometimes. But it's still surely enjoyable. :)

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.0.0395 Preview Release) by NanaFreak on 01-25-2007 at 11:58 AM

works fine here Mnjul =D

nice work on it (Y)

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.0.0395 Preview Release by markee on 01-25-2007 at 12:15 PM

Do I get a prize for winning against the AI? [Image: msn_angel.gif]

I have no proof of it though because NanaFreak had the keyboard set up so that print screen wouldn't work [Image: dodgy.gif]

EDIT:  Can we have an AI that is even smarter, almost psychic?

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.0.0395 Preview Release) by Sunshine on 01-25-2007 at 12:29 PM

* Sunshine sucks at minesweeper.....

...but the program works ;)

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.0.0395 Preview Release) by SebMarti on 03-16-2007 at 02:50 AM

Mnjul, the way you are doing the program is not correct at all, i know all mathemathics involved in that game, add me your msn to talk about it.

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.0.0395 Preview Release by Mnjul on 03-16-2007 at 11:52 AM

Just post here. I don't go on MSN quite. Thanks. :]

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.0.0395 Preview Release by Mnjul on 04-05-2007 at 04:57 PM

I've just re-done the whole GUI in C# (more importantly, Windows Vista is now supported). Please download MineSwee++ 2 Release Candidate X and post if you have any bugs (I say sorry if the graphics performance is too poor for you)

Please extract all the files before you run the program or you have to go through the benchmarking every time you play.

Requirement: .Net Framework 2.0

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.0.0395 Preview Release by Eddie on 04-05-2007 at 05:02 PM

When i clicked information it skipped my turn, i find it very jumpy, and it freezes a bit, bt its good otherwise, nice job, it freezes after i use bomb, jumps to much to move properly, dont really like it sorry, the "board" also dissapears randomly :S

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.0.0395 Preview Release by Mnjul on 04-06-2007 at 04:54 AM

What's your CPU and your RAM, Eddie? :)

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.0.0395 Preview Release) by NanaFreak on 04-06-2007 at 05:03 AM

=D i just played it... i won!!! 26-25 :P

nice game Mnjul (Y)

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.1.0531 RCX) by MicroWay on 06-04-2007 at 09:04 PM

Sorry, for the BUMP, but I saw the post now....

Cool game, Mnjul!!! (Y)

I'm starting to think that [o] is cheating :P    (joking)

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.1.0531 RCX) by Dr4g0n on 06-05-2007 at 05:00 PM

Not Found

The requested URL /~b94075/smdc/fileserver/mspp2_rcx.zip was not found on this server.

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.1.0531 RCX) by prashker on 06-05-2007 at 07:39 PM

http://w.csie.org/~b94075/smdc/fileserver/mspp2.zip

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.1.0531 RCX) by Dr4g0n on 06-05-2007 at 07:43 PM

Ty SonicSam. =]

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.1.0531 RCX) by Mnjul on 06-06-2007 at 07:28 AM

I'll edit the original post now, thanks for reminding me.

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.1.0566) by SebMarti on 08-25-2007 at 07:53 AM

I defeated it 9 of 10 games. You need to improve your program, but it looks cool, good job.

need help by medmonie on 10-19-2007 at 07:37 AM

[size=2]i love this game so much put i have a proplem that i want to play it with my computer and the link present in the first page of the topic not working could any one here put it in onathor site or send it to my email m_ahmed86@hotmail.com thanks[/size]

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.1.0566) by Cyane on 08-30-2008 at 05:08 PM

I've just tried to download this but it won't work.

I click the "Click here to download off another server." and it comes up with

"Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

I also clicked the "download" button on the right but nothing happens.

Any ideas?

RE: MineSwee++ 2: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer (2.1.0566) by Mnjul on 09-01-2008 at 12:57 AM

The server went down for maintenance a few days ago, it should be fine now :)