Shoutbox

Freemoticons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Freemoticons (/showthread.php?tid=20528)

Freemoticons by Huuf on 01-15-2004 at 07:24 PM

quote:
dwergs says:
  Today we're launching Freemoticons! We're talking completely FREE automatic emoticon installers. Yes, no more browsing, naming & shortcut entering over and over again, but instant satisfaction guaranteed at absolutely NO charge, NO dialers, NO pincodes, NO adware! With just a couple of clicks and with the ease of installing freeware software, our Freemoticons add emoticons directly into your MSN Messenger 6. Eat your heart out webmasters charging for lousy zipfiles ;)

Our very first Freemoticons are four emoticon fonts designed by Messers Andy Smith, weirdal27 and =[ACO]=Haggard!!!. Click here if you want the HIM, Rainbow Butterfly, Deep Sea and CounterStrike fonts in your MSN Messenger. You can choose your own keyboard shortcut when installing, or keep the default ones. Here's an example:

Our BONUS Freemoticons, a "little" extra to celebrate the launch, are MNeMoNiCuZ's Valentine 69 Emoticons. Yes, that's 69 luuuuuuvly emoticons available one month ahead of February 14th so there's absolutely NO EXCUSE not to send these cute emoticons to your loved ones.
Please also take your time to visit the MNeMoNiCuZ homepage, updated almost daily with tutorials about coding, HTML, 3D... Yes, even making your own MNeMoNiCuZ-style emoticons! Take a look here.

Anyway, when you're installing Freemoticons, make sure you read the instructions carefully. During the beta-period, they worked on 99% of the systems, so there's always a small chance it doesn't work out for you. Please report as much details on your system & configuration as possible to freemoticons (bug reports ONLY!).

Oh, in case you're wondering, automatic UNinstallers are on their way...

Huge thanks to Huuf and also Timothy for their awesome work on this project. And let's not forget the 100 beta-testers who were so kind to help us out! THANKS!

>> Download our first Freemoticons

>> Download the Valentine 69 Emoticons

UPDATE: Deep Sea emoticon font download link now FIXED tnx to Shel, James & Cody

Taken off the news page off www.mess.be

RE: Freemoticons by gips on 01-15-2004 at 08:41 PM

i must say it's a good idea because i'm always to lazy to put a shortcut to all those nice emoticons :D

so i say: good going and make a lot of those packages

RE: Freemoticons by weirdal27 on 01-16-2004 at 01:16 AM

*raises hand*
I made the deep sea one!

/back to lurking

RE: Freemoticons by ind3nt on 01-16-2004 at 01:59 AM

sweeeeet ive been waiting for this hopefully sum smiley packs will be out soooon :D:D

RE: Freemoticons by Nitemistress on 01-16-2004 at 02:08 AM

And I really like them too!! Even more since the link to the Deep Sea one was fixed! Nice one!!!

RE: Freemoticons by weirdal27 on 01-16-2004 at 04:41 AM

when i made the deep sea font, it was my first font. (I actually dont like it ;))
I was very surprised when it had a rating of 8, and i checked today, the zip has been downloaded 9000 times, while the installer 1400 times in 1 day.
i made a kazaa font also, i like it best. took forever, i had to make upper and lower case letters so you could write "KaZaA".
i submitted it 3 months ago, and just got an email saying it will be up on mess.be soon :)

I love these installers, i really hope more are created. makes it a whole lot easier.

RE: Freemoticons by Pure_BY on 01-16-2004 at 10:55 PM

I think its really VERY VERY nice! Good idea, and good job!!! (Y)

RE: Freemoticons by MC Inferno on 01-16-2004 at 11:20 PM

Can I spoil it? (6)

I like the style of emotions (especially the rainbow thing) but I dont like emotion lettercases so this is uslesss to me :$ thus, i dont like 'em :S

Here's a question though because I havent got them, do they add themselves to the Plus! quick panel as well?

RE: Freemoticons by Huuf on 01-17-2004 at 12:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
Here's a question though because I havent got them, do they add themselves to the Plus! quick panel as well?

They add to the quick panel, but don't have a shortcut in there.
RE: Freemoticons by MC Inferno on 01-17-2004 at 01:15 AM

So you have to manaully put the shortcuts in as well (sorry, thats what I meant, musn't of made my question clear enough) where it says "custimize"?

RE: Freemoticons by weirdal27 on 01-17-2004 at 05:50 PM

no, they are installers, so youdont have to do it manually.
takes less than 30 sec. that's what is great about them.

RE: Freemoticons by ~*Jparto*~ on 01-17-2004 at 06:13 PM

Ya, I like them too. Also go to *THIS SITE* for more emoticons just like freemoticons but with more different packs.:) They are very cool. So what are you waiting for?!¿ .... Go *GET THEM!!*

RE: Freemoticons by zigomar10 on 01-18-2004 at 06:12 AM

Suggestion: could u make them add to the Plus! QuickIcons pannel too? that would be great :D

RE: Freemoticons by weirdal27 on 01-19-2004 at 03:04 AM

small problem, i have tried to add them twice, and it works fine. i close msn, and when i sign back in, they are gone!

RE: Freemoticons by kao on 01-19-2004 at 03:13 AM

just like www.emoinstaller.com tbh looks like everyone is just copying it lol

RE: Freemoticons by user13774 on 01-19-2004 at 10:13 AM

Watch out using emoinstaller.com!! This one DOES install spy/adware! Check out the screenshot I made. I runned the install file just for fun and I don't even have MSN Messenger on this pc (I'm at school right now). Luckely the school has McAfee Virusscan Enterprise 7 :dodgy:. AND YES, I'm 100% sure this alert came with emoinstaller.

Don't use emoinstaller.com. It contains adware!

[Image: attachment.php?tid=20528&pid=192947]

RE: Freemoticons by user13774 on 01-19-2004 at 10:21 AM

I also found this in the user agreement:

n-CASE License and Privacy Policy
(Last Revised May 15, 2002)
By installing n-CASE, you grant permission for 180Solutions
to occasionally display interstitial advertising and to collect
non-personally identifiable information about you, including
the websites you visit while connected to the Internet.
Specific information related to privacy practices can be
found below.

And A LOT more advertisement bla bla

So they do include adware :dodgy:

RE: Freemoticons by Huuf on 01-19-2004 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
So they do include spyware :dodgy::angry:

Then it is adware
RE: Freemoticons by ~*Jparto*~ on 01-19-2004 at 04:24 PM

No it doesn't! I've even scaned it with the same virus scaner your school has. It doesn't have AdWare.

Edit: Ok, ok, maybe you're right. I just scaned with Spybot Search and Destroy...and all things it found were n-Case...woops!

Sorry about that...:|

RE: RE: Freemoticons by user13774 on 01-19-2004 at 06:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Huuf
quote:
Originally posted by Markus
So they do include spyware :dodgy::angry:

Then it is adware

Yes, of couse. For me it's all the same :grin:, but McAfee indeed calls it's Adware.
RE: Freemoticons by Guido on 01-20-2004 at 03:14 AM

Well, it sends "non-personally identifiable information", so it is spyware as long as it sends info from the computer to the servers, even if they are just urls...

RE: Freemoticons by Luke87 on 01-20-2004 at 04:19 AM

You guys seem to forget the hard work that gets put into these emoticons.

Dwergs makes plenty off mess.be eg the downloads section, etc..

myemo.com you have to pay for.

emoinstaller is free but comes with adware.

It is removable with 3 clicks.

You also seem to forget the msgplus sponsorship program.

RE: Freemoticons by Chrono on 01-20-2004 at 04:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87
You also seem to forget the msgplus sponsorship program.
That one is optional though, isnt it?
I mean, i wouldnt install adware just to get a couple of emoticons :P

RE: Freemoticons by Luke87 on 01-20-2004 at 04:57 AM

I use emoinstaller but I removed the adware with 3 clicks. Saved me adding all the ipb emo's to my msn.

Also I don't see the point in emoticon fonts :|

RE: Freemoticons by Guido on 01-20-2004 at 05:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87
I use emoinstaller but I removed the adware with 3 clicks. Saved me adding all the ipb emo's to my msn.

Also I don't see the point in emoticon fonts :|
Did it alwaays have adware? Cause I installed the IPB pack almost as soon as it was out but never noticed any adware :dodgy:

RE: Freemoticons by Huuf on 01-20-2004 at 12:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Did it alwaays always have adware? Cause I installed the IPB pack almost as soon as it was out but never noticed any adware :dodgy:

Yes

a bit spammy but hey =/
RE: Freemoticons by Luke87 on 01-21-2004 at 01:34 AM

Actually, Huuf they didn't always contain it. Please tell me where you got that information?

RE: Freemoticons by kao on 01-21-2004 at 03:14 AM

1. Yes, the adware has always been in the invision pack, you didn't notice it because it does almost fuck all
2. The adware is fuck all, oh noes, 2 ads every 24 hours
3. its piss easy to remove
4. The author works his ass off on these things and deserves something in return (not a load of girly insults about his software)