Shoutbox

TADAM!!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: TADAM!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=2065)

TADAM!!!! by Patchou on 11-09-2002 at 06:02 PM

Bonjour!

it's saturday, and I'm happy... why am I happy? because if you check out the Messenger web site closely, you'll see that one of the pages has been updated... the developer page!!!! so Microsoft finally did it, they didn't lied, I thank them for that.

Now I have the API for Messenger 5, I have completed the update of the Interactive Agents plugin for Messenger 5 so I can complete my work for Messenger Plus! 2.00.. I'm late, there's still plenty of work to do so I'd better get started now! There is still an important thing you have to know: the new API works for Messenger 5 on every platform EXCEPT on Windows XP where it works only with Windows Messenger 4.7. This means that in order to use Plus! at its full capacity in WinXP, you'll have to use Windows Messenger 4, not MSN Messenger 5.

By the way... do any of you know how to enter in the agelite mine in Wild Arms 2? you now... at a point you have to find two crystals, one is in a labotary (with two stupid lezards) and the other is supposed to be in the mine.. my problem is that there are boulders that prevent me to continue in the mine and I do not know how to brek than.

Thanks for your patience,
Cyril.

[no subject] by gewoon ikke on 11-09-2002 at 06:05 PM

That's great!!! :grin:  :grin:

appears that microsoft can be trusted :tongue:

[no subject] by Menthix on 11-09-2002 at 06:59 PM

Wheheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you also happen to know WHY the MSN5 API doesn't work with XP and IF they will MSN5 XP comtitable in the (near) feature... or should XP users just be saticking with Windows  Messenger?

Anyway... greatttt news.

[no subject] by Patchou on 11-09-2002 at 09:27 PM

For what I've heard, there won't be a Windows Messenger 5... but well, we'll see... anyway, at least, if you have WinXP, you're supposed to have Windows Messenger 4.7 installed anyway, even if you installed MSN Messenger 5 so it'S good enough for now :)

[no subject] by nidkhat on 11-09-2002 at 10:03 PM

sorry, but i still don't understand. I downloaded the API at MSDN, i read it...ok, that's just the MSN API, and still not the MSgr Object !? So, there still aren't any On_text_Received event or SendText method, are there ??
No , really, we are still in the same problem, aren't we? didn't we know from the beginning that MSN 5.0 works with the API, but nope with the Msgr Object ?

Anyway, i love uu Patchouuu (je t'aiiimeuuuuh, héhé)

MSN Kontrol Center :
http://membres.lycos.fr/nidkhat/msnkc.htm

so.. MP2 will works on Windows Messenger 4.7??? by Julian1984 on 11-09-2002 at 10:10 PM

so.. MP2 will works on Windows Messenger 4.7???

Great work Patchou.

[no subject] by romeo73401 on 11-09-2002 at 10:33 PM

So are you gonna try to make MP2 work with version 5 or just give up on it?:huh:

[no subject] by jw on 11-09-2002 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Thanks for your patience,
Cyril.

Cyril? Is that your real name? Or just a jk...  :huh:
[no subject] by WDZ on 11-09-2002 at 11:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jw
Cyril? Is that your real name?
Yes, it is. :P
[no subject] by jpg050 on 11-09-2002 at 11:08 PM

Well, I would bet my head on my belief that I've seen screenshots here of early-stages-of-MP2 working on Messenger 5... and it was XP... (I think)

[no subject] by Patchou on 11-10-2002 at 12:35 AM

I could have done some screenshots on Messenger 5 but screenshots and reality are two things quite different. MP2 will work on Messenger 5 except for WinXP, that's what it is.

By the way, yes Cyril is my real name and I have to change what I said in my post this morning.... this WE is quite sad.... my girl friend just broke up with me... it was 5 years that we were together... for those who read my txt files, you should know that I loved her a lot.... now it's finished, she's currenlty dressing so that I can bring her to her parents house.... why do I say that to you? because I feel alone and I really feel like a looser.... the only things I can do right in my life are softwares...... well, anyway.... see you soon.

Cyril.

[no subject] by Meksilon on 11-10-2002 at 12:46 AM

Damn it patchou, MSN Messenger 5 on XP is a must! especially if you have code to fix the pup-ups!!!!

I'd just like to note I wrote this before reading Patchou's above message, I thought a seperate reply would be better then editing this post. I'm a little fustrated I've been sick for a while and stuff....

[no subject] by Meksilon on 11-10-2002 at 12:50 AM

quote:
By the way, yes Cyril is my real name and I have to change what I said in my post this morning.... this WE is quite sad.... my girl friend just broke up with me... it was 5 years that we were together... for those who read my txt files, you should know that I loved her a lot.... now it's finished, she's currenlty dressing so that I can bring her to her parents house.... why do I say that to you? because I feel alone and I really feel like a looser.... the only things I can do right in my life are softwares...... well, anyway.... see you soon.

Cyril.
Hey Patchou, I recently lost my girlfriend too I love her heaps but she dumped me :( hence I moved to creating software (SpiderMSN) I think I can relate with you. Please add me to Messenger Patchou, my main email is aractus@msn.com and it'd be great to talk with you!

Anyhow I hope to talk with you Patchou, after all I use YOUR MsgPlus and have for the past year and a half or so!

=mek=
[no subject] by Mnjul on 11-10-2002 at 12:53 AM

Well patchou it's sorry to hear that :(
But you still have to be encouraged so that we can have the best, MP2!!
I'm now ready for language translation :D(Of cource, I have to cut down on designing my own programs first ;) .)

[no subject] by Extort on 11-10-2002 at 01:04 AM

hope you can pull through patchou, good luck with msgr plus! 2.00, hope all goes well for you dude, great news for the resistance about the API  :cool:   :cheesy:

[no subject] by Juancho on 11-10-2002 at 01:34 AM

You got to do it for all your fans ! :cool:

Keep your chin up! by cpv1961 on 11-10-2002 at 05:06 AM

Patchou,
you are obviously an extremely intelligent guy. Now, not always being smart comes with emotional maturity or intelligence. But you will see that being a bright fellow and having a sharp mind will help you getting through this heartbreak. Keep up the good work, and maintain your self esteem and the kind heart! Chin up!
And thank you for such a wonderful software.   :kiss:

P.S. Have you thought about developing skins for MSN messenger?  :rolleyes:

[no subject] by Patchou on 11-10-2002 at 05:07 AM

Great signature message!  :cool:

For my girlfriend, I wrote my last message on the forum while she was preparing her stuff but apaprently, she decided to stay... you can encourage her and let her know what you think of me ... it could help  :happy:

Thanks for your support so quickly, I really appreciate that.

[no subject] by 2Cold_Scorpio on 11-10-2002 at 05:08 AM

So, what are us Windows XP users who like Messenger 5 exponentially more than 4.7 (especially now that I'm using MSN 8 and it seems to like Messenger 5 more) gonna do?  Must we go back to Messenger 4.7 to use Plus?   :undecided:  :cry: Isn't there any way around that problem?

[no subject] by Mnjul on 11-10-2002 at 05:52 AM

Well in actuality I don't really feel  MSN Messenger 5 that great...
I'm satisfied using 4.7.0105.
Anyway we still have to thank Micro$oft releasing the APIs!

BTW,
Patchou, havvvvve you worked too hard so that you neglected your gf's existence ?
Well...just kidding;)
(That's because, I was broken up by my gf because of this reason...)

argh by wisie on 11-10-2002 at 06:02 AM

that so sucks..
alot of people use xp.. i really hope they bring out something so us xp'rs  can get some messenger plus action  :grin:

on a happy note,Patchou
thats good news about your gf deciding to stay..
will this make you work really hard
:tongue:

So what now? by ecko_complex on 11-10-2002 at 09:11 AM

So what do us developers do now? :huh:
Ive had a good look at the api, I'm completely confused..... :embarrassed:

I'm Sorry by Julian1984 on 11-10-2002 at 11:32 AM

Patchou, now (in Spain) is 12:30 am... and i've read all the posts... i hope you're girlfriend stays with u now... You're a very helpfully (i hope this word exist in english :P ) person and u are a very good programmer... Hey, i'm sure that you're girlfriend will be with u... (or i hope so... )

Don't worry, and... i think u must take a few days only for u and you're girlfriend, and leave MP2 for a few days... We will understand it.

[no subject] by trax on 11-10-2002 at 11:59 AM

i downloaded that exe

there where 3 .h files in it

what do i do with them

[no subject] by nidkhat on 11-10-2002 at 12:21 PM

sorry sorry sorry i already posted above, but nobody answered me ;-).
I was just asking how to do a SENDTEXT method or a  RECEIVED_TEXT event on MSN 5.0 ?? I read all the API, it's approximately the same than before...can we use the  msgr Object , or not ? If not...so, nothing changed, we still have a problem, haven't we, Patchou ?

Anyway, thanx, and...bon courage !

MSN Kontrol Center :
[Image: msnkclogo.jpg ]

[no subject] by Menthix on 11-10-2002 at 12:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by trax
...there where 3 .h files in it...what do i do with them
Read the documentation that comes with it, im sure it's all explained there.

BTW, i see alot of peoplehere asking why MP2 won't work with MSN5 on XP.... guys, Patchou can't help that... it's something Microsoft did, try asking them.

Fraise, don't leave Patchou!....please?:D hehe, but really... from what i know,Patchou realy loves you... he needs you......i hope you two stay together for a long long time.
[no subject] by Xaero on 11-10-2002 at 12:25 PM

Hey,
i have a question, if mp2 doesn't work with XP, and we run messenger in comptability mode? for example win Me, will it work then?

another question: where do i change my profile? (sry guys, i'm new here) :embarrassed:

[no subject] by Menthix on 11-10-2002 at 12:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Xaero

Hey,
i have a question, if mp2 doesn't work with XP, and we run messenger in comptability mode? for example win Me, will it work then?
No,the API's just aren't there on MSN5 when you installed it on XP.
But, Patchou... when i install 4.7,the API's are active.... now... when a person has BOTH 4.7 and 5.0 installed on his XP system and ONLY 5.0 is running..... could MP2 then still acess the API... i mea'n... 4.7 isn't runnign, but it IS installed, could MP2 then not just acess the API's from 4.7, and use those to make MP2 work in 5.0??? Yeah.... i'm just guessing :s.

quote:
another question: where do i change my profile? (sry guys, i'm new here) :embarrassed: 
Click on "user cp" It's on the top of this pages in the menu under "Messenger Plus! Extension Forums".
Okay.... it's here :):
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/memcp.php
[no subject] by Julian1984 on 11-10-2002 at 12:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by trax
i downloaded that exe

there where 3 .h files in it

what do i do with them

What exe???
[no subject] by trax on 11-10-2002 at 12:44 PM

http://download.microsoft.com/download/msnmesseng...us/messengerua.exe
This one  :tongue:

[no subject] by TWDman on 11-10-2002 at 01:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jae_x777
But, Patchou... when i install 4.7,the API's are active.... now... when a person has BOTH 4.7 and 5.0 installed on his XP system and ONLY 5.0 is running..... could MP2 then still acess the API... i mea'n... 4.7 isn't runnign, but it IS installed, could MP2 then not just acess the API's from 4.7, and use those to make MP2 work in 5.0??? Yeah.... i'm just guessing :s.

I dont know much about programming, but it looks logical to me too! I hope it works
Dose this realy help? by PlehXP on 11-10-2002 at 03:47 PM

So, let me get this right, Microsoft has recently developed a new MSN Messenger 5 API which allows us to make tool, bots, mods etc. for MSN Messenger 5. But hang on, it only works for MSN Messenger 5 on older operating systems. so if we are running Windows XP we have to use Messenger 4.7 for this API to work.

Is it just me or dident we already have a working API for Messenger 4.7.

So this new API dose nothing unless we are using an out dated operating system, in which case we probably wouldent be running MSN Messenger 5 any way.

?

[no subject] by reisyboy on 11-10-2002 at 05:04 PM

Yippie :grin:  :cheesy:  :wink:  :happy:

[no subject] by Patchou on 11-10-2002 at 05:13 PM

I'm working right now on MP2... that's true, maybe I work too much on my softs and I don't give enough time to my gf.... I'll try to change that after the release... for now it seems ok...

Concerning MP2, I'm working on it! I have added a "/noicon <message>" command to send messages without emoticons... can be useful for several things. I'm currently adding back the "/me" command, associated with the multi-format color feature that will allow you so speciy any RGB color (Ctrl+K like in IRC but you can then specify the exact color you want).

After that, I add logging and I release the alpha version to those of you who want to participate in this future success (let's hope!).

Going back to my code! I still can't beleive I'm not single this morning.
Patchou.

[no subject] by reisyboy on 11-10-2002 at 05:19 PM

how long before logging is added patchou?

does ne one know where i can get msn 5 logging by hysamir on 11-10-2002 at 05:25 PM

does ne one know where i can get  msn 5 logging? :huh:

[no subject] by reisyboy on 11-10-2002 at 05:29 PM

you will have to wait for Version 2.0 of Plus! that will log on version 5.0

[no subject] by Fraisie on 11-10-2002 at 06:08 PM

quote:
I still can't beleive I'm not single this morning.
Patchou.

Je t'aime :) (En plus t'as fait une faute horrible... beleive :P )
[no subject] by nidkhat on 11-10-2002 at 06:36 PM

:-) aaaah c'est beau l'amour :-)

(à part ça , Monsieur Cyril ne réponds tjs pas à mes 2 précédents post, heiiiin!!:cry:)
[no subject] by Fraisie on 11-10-2002 at 07:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nidkhat
sorry, but i still don't understand. I downloaded the API at MSDN, i read it...ok, that's just the MSN API, and still not the MSgr Object !? So, there still aren't any On_text_Received event or SendText method, are there ??
No , really, we are still in the same problem, aren't we? didn't we know from the beginning that MSN 5.0 works with the API, but nope with the Msgr Object ?

Anyway, i love uu Patchouuu (je t'aiiimeuuuuh, héhé)

MSN Kontrol Center :

Patchou says that the Messenger Plus 2 only uses the public API, that is not Msgr Object but UIAutomation.

(I have absolutly no idea what that means...  :grin: )
Fraisie, well done... by Julian1984 on 11-10-2002 at 08:33 PM

Well done, Patchou loves  u, all we know it... don't leave him alone... ;)

And... BE HAPPY TOGETHER!!!!!

[no subject] by Misterjad on 11-10-2002 at 09:57 PM

lol, this post seems to become a remake of famous real-tv show with the principal subject "je t'aime, moi non plus", it change from the MP2 subject

Messenger 5 Logging by 2Cold_Scorpio on 11-11-2002 at 12:21 AM

I've read many times here that logging doesn't seem to work using Plus! with Messenger 5.  Well, I took a look and MIN IS STILL LOGGING EVERYTHING IN MESSENGER 5!  Am I the only one?

If its any help, I'm running XP with both Messenger 5 and 4.7, though the only time I accessed 4.7 was to adjest my window transparencies so the windows in Messenger 5 would be easier to read.

But, yes, the current version of Plus!, at least on my computer, logs all chats just fine in Messenger 5.  :D

[no subject] by WDZ on 11-11-2002 at 02:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 2Cold_Scorpio
I've read many times here that logging doesn't seem to work using Plus! with Messenger 5.  Well, I took a look and MIN IS STILL LOGGING EVERYTHING IN MESSENGER 5!  Am I the only one?
Logging does work on MSN 5, but lots of people have logging problems with all versions. My logging seems to be working fine on version 5...
[no subject] by Patchou on 11-11-2002 at 04:00 AM

good to hear.... also, once again, the logging feature will be completly rewritten (starting tomorrow) so you can expect improvements and free of any problem.

[no subject] by taimurjameel on 11-11-2002 at 04:23 AM

woo hoo! microsoft rulez..i can't wait till messenger plus! is on da site  :grin: ....

[no subject] by shine on 11-11-2002 at 05:18 AM

Its nice to hear ur personal life is back on tracks or else MP2 would have had a sore memory. Fraisie... thats great, without ur support Patchou couldnt have gone this far...all what he needs is your support.  And Patchou.... Love thats not expressed doesn't have meaning... devote some time for ur Gf... even she needs ur support ..All the best (y)

[no subject] by erikie007 on 11-11-2002 at 10:35 AM

Can anyone explain me this.. those 3 files are c++ files (those api's), correct me if i am wrong.

So you can only use those api's in c++?

Is there a way to use those api's in visual basic.. like someone said before, to get all those stuff like 'OnTXTRecieved'... :huh:

[no subject] by nidkhat on 11-11-2002 at 12:06 PM

actually, don't look at the .h files.
Just read the messengerua.chm file. Into it, there are different topics, but there is one for C++, and one for VB !
So of course u can code on VB......

but what i meant in my precedent posts, is that, since there is no MSGR OBJECT anymore, how to use OnTextReceived or even SendText ??

I see the only solution is to use Windows APIs; actually, the hard way !:tongue:

So, how do u do that, Patchou ? :huh:

--MSN Kontrol Center--
[Image: msnkclogo.jpg]

[no subject] by Meksilon on 11-11-2002 at 12:36 PM

quote:
Great signature message!  :cool:

For my girlfriend, I wrote my last message on the forum while she was preparing her stuff but apaprently, she decided to stay... you can encourage her and let her know what you think of me ... it could help  :happy:

Thanks for your support so quickly, I really appreciate that.
Damn you're lucky! Me on the other hand... bah! Did I tell you my 10 month old cat was killed 4 weeks ago (3 days after my ex-girlfriend's birthday)? And my ISP was down... I feel terrible!

Anyway that's great news P and the best of luck to you.

=mek=
[no subject] by doomsdayjohn on 11-11-2002 at 01:58 PM

Will logging work for windows xp msn messenger 5? cause thats all i want is for the logging to work on the xp platform using msn messenger 5

[no subject] by Menthix on 11-11-2002 at 06:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by doomsdayjohn
Will logging work for windows xp msn messenger 5? cause thats all i want is for the logging to work on the xp platform using msn messenger 5
*MSN* Messenger and *Windows* Messenger are two different things. Altought they look very much the same and basicly do the same. Anyway, i guess logging will work on both MSN AND Windows Messenger.... however SOME feautures will NOT wrok when using *MSN* Messenger 5 on a XP system.
[no subject] by §t0ner on 11-11-2002 at 06:57 PM

Hey PPL'S

Patchou u r an awesome guy and i am glad to her your g/f is staying .
To msgp that is a awesome program .......i was really pissed when it wouldn't work on 5.0 and now i can't wait till u have 2.0 and i would be happy to test the alpha version when it comes out .

:wink:  :wink:

MSN MEssenger 4.7 by zlatko007 on 11-11-2002 at 09:55 PM

hey guys
I'm new to this, but i've heard people talking about MSN Messenger 4.7?
I don't have MSN 4.7  :angry:
I still have 4.6
I dunno why, maybe someone can help me :cry:

[no subject] by Alamarco2 on 11-11-2002 at 10:33 PM

ya deres 4.7 go to microsofts site to get it, but da newest one is 5.0

[no subject] by ecko_complex on 11-12-2002 at 06:46 AM

:huh:  So what do we do? Im at a total loss  :huh:

[no subject] by Patchou on 11-12-2002 at 03:08 PM

hello... well, I think I already replied to you about that.... :p .... the SendText() function was in the Msgr object, as you mention it. However, this object is part of the private API of Messenger 4. You were already not supposed to use this API and of course, as it's private, Microsoft had no obligation to continue to support it in Messenger 5.

Sorry about this! I suggest you to check out www.mess.be sometimes, they post updates concerning people working on an API... I can already guess that these people will use the Messenger protocol to do it and I personally don't like it. However, I don't say that it's bad so it could be a very good alternative for you.

[no subject] by nidkhat on 11-12-2002 at 07:21 PM

(alleluia :grin: )

thanx, Patchou, but...what's Messenger protocol ? Also, Sendingtext may be done with Windows API, but what about the event OnTextReceive, which was one of the major usefull event?
Please, i really need that......anyway, i did an add-on, i submited 1500000 times at mess.be, and i understand they receive a lot of mails, but they still don't answer me.....that's not cool :cry:

thanx !

[no subject] by rock on 11-12-2002 at 11:52 PM

Hi Patchou
I just want to conragulate you on getting back with your gf =) Btw, great work on MP2 everything seems to be going great =P oh and keep up the good work! (i mean with your gf [and MP2 although that comes second tehee])
Ja!

[no subject] by user2319 on 11-18-2002 at 07:39 PM

Pleae stop all the congrats thingy posts.

I think there will be another 200 if Plus!2 comes out ( :sad: )

[no subject] by Bugz on 11-21-2002 at 03:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Alamarco2
ya deres 4.7 go to microsofts site to get it, but da newest one is 5.0

http://resistance.msnprogz.com/  for msn messenger 4.7 (win 95/98/Me), http://messenger.msn.com for windows messenger 4.7 (only xp)
[no subject] by AI on 11-23-2002 at 11:58 AM

Well, I'm glad I've got something to test now! :grin: