Shoutbox

UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support) (/showthread.php?tid=20715)

UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support) by Hah on 01-21-2004 at 09:42 PM

OLD: Hey all, ive recently started and completed a host for vbscript plugins for messenger plus. I have completely the first working version and if any1 is interested in testing its capabilities, please give me a shout or post here.

As yet the script support is limited to vbscript, basically due to my lack of javascript knowledge, i.e. 0! If anybody could give me help in how to structure a javascript function and how to pass it a object with strings and methods and then manipulating them it would be appreciated. Please, use this plugin, its for ure convenience, and the users, its so easy to make a plugin with it!

Like i said, just give me a shout on msn (thomasgreenwood@2die4.com) or post here if u would like info and i will let u know, at the moment ive had to much to drink to make a distrubution so private requests only.

Ta,

Hah

UPDATE: NEW:
Please see this new post for the new version and more information.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20...d=348146#pid348146

RE: vbscript plugin host by lylesback2 on 01-21-2004 at 09:49 PM

whats your plugin about?  if interesting, i'll give it a try

RE: vbscript plugin host by Hah on 01-21-2004 at 10:14 PM

OLD: I hate been drunk it makes thinks so much harder to explain (...well correcly anyway), heres an install i just made, i have no confidence it will work but give it a go, have a go at editing(if u like just leave em) the .vbs files in \vbscript\ (located in the plugins folder) and then load msn, type in one of the commands processed in the vbscripts and it should work!!! i included dummy becuase i made a dummy menu and dummy command/tag for the use of when i made the plugin, it was just to make thinks easier. Note, this plugin is for developers at present, it just makes it easier to make commands. Anyway, enough of my babblking, just download it to see what im on about, oh and let me know if the instlall doesnt work 2, ta,

Hah

UPDATE: NEW:
Please see my new post for new information and for the new version download:
The file attached to this post is still the old version!

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20...d=348146#pid348146

RE: vbscript plugin host by CookieRevised on 01-21-2004 at 10:34 PM

wow... great idea... and it works too :D
very nice work... (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

So how do you call those scripts then?
"Plugin VBScripts for a plugin for an addon for MSN Messenger"? :lol:

RE: vbscript plugin host by Hah on 01-22-2004 at 07:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
wow... great idea... and it works too :D
very nice work... (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

So how do you call those scripts then?
"Plugin VBScripts for a plugin for an addon for MSN Messenger"? :lol:

ta and lol :D - good to see it actually works on a pc which i dont own!
RE: vbscript plugin host by ShawnZ on 02-29-2004 at 11:11 PM

works fine on mine. ive already made a /xsay script to echo whatever i type

RE: vbscript plugin host by xl-network on 05-03-2004 at 07:05 PM

I'll give it a try...

RE: vbscript plugin host by isac on 06-11-2004 at 06:56 AM

hi

can u send me vbscript plugin

regards
isac
isachere@hotmail.com

RE: vbscript plugin host by Plik on 06-11-2004 at 09:27 PM

this is a life saver :D
i couldnt get the c++ plugins i made to compile
and i can code soooo much better in VBS
thanks again :)

<edit>
It works aswell :D only just got round to testing it
</edit>

RE: vbscript plugin host by renio on 06-16-2004 at 11:12 AM

Can somebody confirm if this still works with MP!3 ...?
I've installed it but I doesn't work I guess... or it might be I'm bad at interpreting the VBScript samples included in the setup. Somebody have some usefull examples?

I would love to be able to change my nickname from command line, via a VBScript

It is listed as 'installed' in the Plug-in configuration window of MP!3...

RE: vbscript plugin host by CookieRevised on 06-16-2004 at 03:38 PM

No problems with it in Plus!3. It works fine. Although the examples aren't very usefull, they show exactly how to make "plugins" in vbscript with this plugin...

RE: vbscript plugin host by robintw on 07-03-2004 at 07:23 PM

Hi

Hah....can you give me some example code for running an external program when a contact signs in. I have VB6.0.

Thanks in advance

Robin

RE: RE: vbscript plugin host by Hah on 07-03-2004 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by robintw
Hi

Hah....can you give me some example code for running an external program when a contact signs in. I have VB6.0.

Thanks in advance

Robin

Sure, here you go.

:)

Hah

Edit: Sorry, left a dirty line of code in.
RE: vbscript plugin host by lepr on 12-01-2004 at 01:05 PM

I'm making a vb plugin for this but i can only seem to get it to output 1 message. If anyone knows how to output multiple messages please let me know :D

RE: RE: vbscript plugin host by Martijn. on 12-01-2004 at 08:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lepr
I'm making a vb plugin for this but i can only seem to get it to output 1 message. If anyone knows how to output multiple messages please let me know :D

If I remember correctly, that feature was added in a later version of the Messenger Plus! API, then the API in wich this plugin was build, so it doesn't support it yet.

Also, I would like to ask if there's ever going to be an updated version, I don't like begging for plugins, but a version with support for the latest Plus! API would really motivate me to start creating stuff again:).
RE: vbscript plugin host by CookieRevised on 12-01-2004 at 08:53 PM

try sending Hah a mail, since he's not been here for a few months ;)
It will be indeed a nice thing if it was updated to the latest API.

RE: vbscript plugin host by Hah on 12-03-2004 at 12:53 PM

Hello there!!!

Good news, a new version is gonna be programmed up as soon as I can, fully compatible with the new api and name changing etc.

Bad news, I lost the source code (very unorganised) but somewhere in this house there are many backup cd's and dvds which I will trawl through to find it. If I can't then you can expect a brand new, better than ever version.

Why? Thank martijn.bruinenberg and a couple of emails (u know who you are) for getting me off my backside and back into coding, ive been to busy trying to get my grades up in college and keeping the girlfriend happy that I've neglected what I love doing. For now, I'm back, but for how long i don't know, so If you have any suggestions, say them now, no matter how stupid you might think they are and il see wot i can do :D.

Have fun, Tah,

Hah

RE: RE: vbscript plugin host by Martijn. on 12-03-2004 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hah
martijn.bruinenberg
Hey, that's me:o).

Thanks Hah:bow:, I hope you find your source code back soon;).
RE: vbscript plugin host by lepr on 12-03-2004 at 06:12 PM

great :d lookin forward to it ...i dno if the new api will allow for a function such as SendMessage(), but if it doesn't could you get that in there? :D ..oh and when the update is released could you leave a message in this thread so i dont miss it :D ta

EDIT: Also is it possible to tell when a message is received and what the message is?

UPDATE: Scripting Host v2 for Messenger Plus! 3 by Hah on 12-17-2004 at 12:39 AM

Hey every1,

Just to let you know I've updated vbscript plugin host (Lets call it scripting host). I think I've done enough to raise the major version number from one to two.

This update is a beta version like the first version always was (:p) but hopefully il get this to a release standard.

I have made a simple self extracting installer which will do all the work for most users. Well all except those with a nondefault plugin directory location. This is attached to this post.

Please use the update log and the examples to see what has changed.

The update includes:

• Old scripts should work find with this version, if they dont, just add a blank  GetPublishInfo sub, that should do the job, i.e.
    code:
    Sub GetPublishInfo
    End Sub
  • New Sub (GetPublishInfo) in vbscripts to allow commands and tags to be listed, with help commands and etc.
  • New 'Helper' class which will help with developing more advanced plugins. It will allow you to change the users friendly name cleanly through the plus api. You will be able to Display Toasts with the full options of the Plus Api. The Helper class is self explanatory, it basically implements everything from the MPPluginConst.bas module for VB6. It also includes two other functions AddCommand and AddTag which can only be called during GetPublishInfo, these functions are what allow you to add commands to the Plus! Menu.
  • Examples have been heavily updated and are a bit more advanced although still do not demostrate the potential power for making a useful plugin quickly
  • Touched up the code to give a huge speed improvement.
  • VBScripts are now loaded on Initialize.
  • Added more error handling, if a script has an error in it, an advanced error dialog will be shown showing the exact error in the script and location etc. Also, an error by one script will not affect all the other scripts, they will continue to run. Also, the error'ed plugin if possible will remain in memory so working functions within the script can still be called
  • NOTE: If an error occurs in GetPublishInfo or a syntax error occurs the script will not be loaded into memory and initialized, however the advanced error dialog will still show you what is wrong with the script.
  • I have removed some ActiveX references and needless untidy code so the dll should be smaller and more reliable.

UPDATE AGAIN: Jscript support has now been added, please see the following post for the new build with JScript.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20...d=348297#pid348297
RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for Messenger Plus! 3 by L. Coyote on 12-17-2004 at 12:55 AM

Yay!!!

I'll check it out! :D

RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for Messenger Plus! 3 by -dt- on 12-17-2004 at 09:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hah
just to let you know I've updated vbscript plugin host (Lets call it scripting host). I think I've done enough to raise the major version number from one to two.
does that mean it supports more than just vbscript?
RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for Messenger Plus! 3 by Hah on 12-17-2004 at 11:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
Originally posted by Hah
just to let you know I've updated vbscript plugin host (Lets call it scripting host). I think I've done enough to raise the major version number from one to two.
does that mean it supports more than just vbscript?

Not yet but because of the restructuring I could make it support other scripting languages supported by Windows Scripting Host pretty easily I reckon. My aim is just to make it stable then I will add JScript and then if there are any other languages I can add I'l add them too.
RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support by Hah on 12-17-2004 at 01:13 PM

JScript support has now been added. The examples are very very simple because to be honest I'm useless with JScript but the same level of support as the VbScripts should be found.

Tah,

Hah

RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support by -dt- on 12-18-2004 at 06:37 AM

can you use any  wsh language ? because i have phpscript installed
(i think the dll might be included in the latest php builds but if its not go here to read how to install it http://kapsules.shellscape.org/content.asp?cat=16&cid=18 )
then to test that it works you just make a new webpage with

code:
<script language="PHPscript">
$document->write('text generated by php version '. phpversion());
</script>

and view it in IE and if it outputs any text then it should be added as a WSH langauge.

because i would love support for phpscript
RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support) by Hah on 12-18-2004 at 11:23 PM

quote:
can you use any  wsh language ? because i have phpscript installed
(i think the dll might be included in the latest php builds but if its not go here to read how to install it http://kapsules.shellscape.org/content.asp?cat=16&cid=18 )
then to test that it works you just make a new webpage with
code:
<script language="PHPscript">
$document->write('text generated by php version '. phpversion());
</script>

and view it in IE and if it outputs any text then it should be added as a WSH langauge.

because i would love support for phpscript

Il see what i can do!
RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support) by weedy2887 on 12-18-2004 at 11:45 PM

can it be scripted to read incoming msg for "keywords" or "triggers"

RE: RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support) by Martijn. on 12-18-2004 at 11:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by weedy2887
can it be scripted to read incoming msg for "keywords" or "triggers"

No, it can't, and as far as I know, there is no plugin out there that can...
RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support by Hah on 04-19-2005 at 10:21 PM

Hey guys,

I got bored again and I've done some updates.

I've added perlscript and python support, ive also included an example script which will send an email to a specified smtp server.

(Only one perlscript and one python script can be loaded from the perlscript and python folders (as in one from each), the first file found in each folder by the host will be loaded and no more. This is a limitation from the authors of these languages.)

Perlscript support will give you features such as:

• FTP Access
  • HTTP Access
  • SMTP Access
  • Sockets
  • .....to name a few..

As for python, well I dont have a clue what it can do, I just added it because someone asked me too!

Anyone fancy phpscript? :D

Please let me know if you get any errors from the program or if u have a suggestion or language you fancy been added.

Enjoy, tah,

Hah

edit: Help if I attached the file:

Install the last version from my posts above then
Just extract the new files to the plugin directory and re-register the dll.
RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support by TheGeek on 04-20-2005 at 02:53 PM

Would it be possible to add an ontext event?
Like this(JScript):

code:
function parseText(text){
  if(text=="!blah"){
    CommandInfo.sResult = "Blah blah blah";
    CommandInfo.complete = "true";
  }else{
    CommandInfo.complete = "false";
  }
}

This would give the scripts even more power and flexibility and i would be very happy (a) :)
RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support) by -dt- on 04-20-2005 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hah
Anyone fancy phpscript?

:P yes for details on how to get it etc its in my post here http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20...d=348687#pid348687
RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support) by BART SIMPSON416 on 04-21-2005 at 05:43 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hah
Anyone fancy phpscript?

:P yes for details on how to get it etc its in my post here http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20...d=348687#pid348687

I sugest the usage of phpgtk.
Will try to make some examples for you of making simple programs in it.
I personaly compiled my php with modules to create images and pdf files so i could use them in php gtk.
But my curent programs are a bit complex.
Will try to come up with something simpel that includes msn messenger or so :P
RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support by -dt- on 04-21-2005 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BART_SIMPSON416
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hah
Anyone fancy phpscript?

I sugest the usage of phpgtk.
Will try to make some examples for you of making simple programs in it.
I personaly compiled my php with modules to create images and pdf files so i could use them in php gtk.
But my curent programs are a bit complex.
Will try to come up with something simpel that includes msn messenger or so :P

dude I know what php-gtk is I've written quite a few programs in it like one to auto download the latest moox nightly unzip it then backup his firefox profile and overwrite the current firefox all with a pretty gui.

the benifit of this plugin is that it gives you some messenger plus plugin stuff. (and yes I've coded messengerplus! plugins before just look in the plugin database for dt's xemail's plugin)
RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support) by BART SIMPSON416 on 04-21-2005 at 06:47 PM

Well, i don't see a problem then.
Don't say that you don't know how to use the exec() command ;)
The command line is the key to controlling programs with php.

RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support by -dt- on 04-22-2005 at 07:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BART_SIMPSON416
Well, i don't see a problem then.
Don't say that you don't know how to use the exec() command ;)
The command line is the key to controlling programs with php.

or if you run it as a WSH langauge you can use
code:
$shell = new COM("WScript.Shell");

then you have the full wsh shell so you can use sendkeys like so...

code:
$shell->SendKeys("MAHAHAHAHAH");

or launch notepad (you could do this with the exec command tho...)
code:
$shell->Run ("notepad.exe", 1);

or ofcorse you could just use a php extention like http://pecl.php.net/package/ffi and register those api calls then call them but eh :P
RE: UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support by Veggie on 04-24-2005 at 01:48 PM

i would like phpscript support aswell. Is there any documentation to what functions and calls are available?