Shoutbox

How do I sort contacts by custom names? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: How do I sort contacts by custom names? (/showthread.php?tid=20727)

How do I sort contacts by custom names? by Palooka on 01-22-2004 at 11:15 AM

I've made custom names for most of my friends, so I know who I'm talking to. (Some of them keeps changing their nickname, so I never recognize them. :))

This is all just well, but when I use custom names, my contacts gets sorted by their e-mail address. I don't want that. (Why would anyone want it sorted by e-mail address?)

I want to use custom names, and have the contact list sorted by those names, not the e-mail address. Is that possible?

Yeah, I know. I want the cake, and eat it too. :D

Hope someone knows,
regards Palooka, using MsgPlus v2.20.53

RE: How do I sort contacts by custom names? by Mnjul on 01-22-2004 at 11:18 AM

Sorry but it's a known limitation that you can't sort the custom names alphabetically in the contact list:(. (Though Patchou had said he would add it before he just didn't do so):)

Edit: p.s. In any case, I suggest you update your Plus! to latest version (note that the latest version, 2.54,74, still doesn't have the sort function either)

RE: How do I sort contacts by custom names? by Jeronimo on 01-22-2004 at 12:57 PM

Sadly its this limitation that's kinda holding me back from using custom names. Its only a small detail (probably requires loads of code!), but I just can't seem to come to terms with names not being in alphabetical order :undecided:

RE: How do I sort contacts by custom names? by BooGhost on 01-22-2004 at 03:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
(Though Patchou had said he would add it before he just didn't do so)
yeah that's true :dodgy:
but as Jeronimo said:
quote:
Its only a small detail (probably requires loads of code!)
So that might be pulling Patchou back from doing it :(

It'd be good to hear Patchou's opinoin though :P
RE: How do I sort contacts by custom names? by bach_m on 01-22-2004 at 07:21 PM

its not that bad. u can just type the first leter of the custom name, and it just cycles through the names. thats kinda useful.

RE: How do I sort contacts by custom names? by gwrn on 05-20-2004 at 12:15 PM

So, how hard is it to sort contact lists in open groups? I mean for a coder :P