Shoutbox

Server move - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Server move (/showthread.php?tid=2077)

Server move by WDZ on 11-10-2002 at 09:02 AM

The Messenger Plus! Extension Forums will be moving to a different server soon. The database has been moved already, and the files should be moved within the next week. Because the database is on a different server, the forums will probably be slow until the move is complete.

[no subject] by shine on 11-10-2002 at 01:12 PM

Its faster than before  :tongue:  :grin:  Serious

[no subject] by gewoon ikke on 11-10-2002 at 01:17 PM

no... it got slower here :undecided: , but hey, it'll be better after the move i guess :grin:

[no subject] by reisyboy on 11-10-2002 at 05:05 PM

yippie:D

[no subject] by WDZ on 11-10-2002 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by shine
I guess it could be... depends on how busy the internet is at the time, and how much database usage is required for the page you're viewing... :undecided:

Edit: I think this shows that the database (SQL) is pretty slow... :P

Stats processed in 6.15 seconds (96.14% SQL / 3.86% PHP)
[no subject] by surfichris on 11-11-2002 at 11:40 AM

Hopefully the move will be a success and there will be little downtime. After moving the databases, i have worked out it is going to take a while to move these forums. It took a while to transfer 22 mb between the servers, beleive it or not.

The thing is, this server has 100 or more clients running off it, this new server will be just the mybboard.com domain.

[no subject] by user2319 on 11-18-2002 at 07:46 PM

this post is old. very old. but its on top and thats not ok. another error?? I cant wait till Mybboard comes out! :grin:

EDIT: i`m sorry i was just half-awake whe i wrote this. i`m sorry as i already said. and i havent noticed a difference already. so its not slower in Gilze, The Netherlands

[no subject] by shine on 11-20-2002 at 06:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by shine
I guess it could be... depends on how busy the internet is at the time, and how much database usage is required for the page you're viewing... :undecided:

Stats processed in 6.15 seconds (96.14% SQL / 3.86% PHP)

It was when i posted that... 'cuase it was ok in my 56k connected at  @46667 bps. For the standards here it was good. But now its slow for sure. Waiting for the change over to complete. All the best (y)

[no subject] by jw on 11-20-2002 at 05:58 PM

I've noticed a change here; it's sometimes slower and there are occasions when I can't hit at all  :sad:
Hope the move goes OK and everything is back to normal.

[no subject] by user2319 on 11-20-2002 at 06:46 PM

im sure it will. there will be a few backups of course. that will be all (I hope)

Hey every one, I am new by Dreamangel32671 on 11-20-2002 at 07:12 PM

Hello every one. Just droping a line to say hey. I have just downloaded plus so I am just checking things out. :cool:

[no subject] by user2319 on 11-21-2002 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamangel32671
Hello every one. Just droping a line to say hey. I have just downloaded plus so I am just checking things out. :cool: 
you have to post things like that in general chit-chat
[no subject] by Swaptor on 11-21-2002 at 02:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamangel32671
Hello every one. Just droping a line to say hey. I have just downloaded plus so I am just checking things out.

Like he said; he's new...

About the forum; I didn't notice any  difference in speed. Not here in Holland nor in Belgium... Or maybe it's just my connection?!  :tongue:
[no subject] by Bugz on 11-21-2002 at 03:28 PM

On my pc it has become slower

[no subject] by WDZ on 11-21-2002 at 03:41 PM

The server move hasn't been done yet because Chris is busy with some other stuff... :undecided:

[no subject] by Bugz on 11-21-2002 at 03:46 PM

Than the reason that it has become slower is that more and more people are using the forum.
Really hope it gets faster after the move

[no subject] by WDZ on 11-21-2002 at 04:03 PM

The number of users online might be part of the problem, but the main thing is that the database server isn't local, and a connection has to be made over the internet.

BTW, click my signature to see some real speed. That's on the new server. :D

[no subject] by jw on 11-21-2002 at 05:32 PM

owch, that's fast...

[no subject] by Muss on 11-22-2002 at 12:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
The number of users online might be part of the problem, but the main thing is that the database server isn't local, and a connection has to be made over the internet.

BTW, click my signature to see some real speed. That's on the new server. :D

* Muss is not impressed  :rolleyes:
[no subject] by surfichris on 11-22-2002 at 07:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Muss
Muss is not impressed  :rolleyes: 

Why not?

Actually there are afew reasons behind not moving at the momment. Firstly we are thinking about moving these forums to a newer server, not the one for mybboard.com. The url will still stay the same though. Secondly, there have been some attacks on the new server and i want to wait for everything to settle down before i move these forums. The other reason is i really havent had the time this week or last week (school, jobs, etc)
[no subject] by user2319 on 11-22-2002 at 06:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by surfichris
quote:
Originally posted by Muss
Muss is not impressed  :rolleyes: 

Why not?

Actually there are afew reasons behind not moving at the momment. Firstly we are thinking about moving these forums to a newer server, not the one for mybboard.com. The url will still stay the same though. Secondly, there have been some attacks on the new server and i want to wait for everything to settle down before i move these forums. The other reason is i really havent had the time this week or last week (school, jobs, etc)

I hope it gets faster soon. cuz then i can spam faster or just post without spam
[no subject] by AI on 11-23-2002 at 12:27 AM

I haven't noticed a difference but I haven't been here for a long time.

[no subject] by WDZ on 11-24-2002 at 06:56 AM

It looks like we'll be moving to the new server AND upgrading to MyBB this weekend!

Surfichris is currently converting the database... go Surfi!! :grin:

[no subject] by shine on 11-24-2002 at 07:03 AM

WOOOOOOOOW This weekend gr8 (y) MYbb .... is only 7 days away!!!

[no subject] by WDZ on 11-24-2002 at 07:08 AM

No, THIS weekend, as in NOW! :grin:

[no subject] by shine on 11-24-2002 at 07:17 AM

:shocked: WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN??? :grin:

RE: Server move by surfichris on 11-24-2002 at 10:57 AM

'tis be done! boom! now running myBB!

RE: Server move by shine on 11-24-2002 at 11:01 AM

What?!! What should I post? :cheesy:

Chris & WDZ Thanks!!! Done a Great Job (y) :bow: