Shoutbox

Quick quote, quick reply, quick attach? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Quick quote, quick reply, quick attach? (/showthread.php?tid=20834)

Quick quote, quick reply, quick attach? by Muss on 01-25-2004 at 08:37 AM

It is needed! :refuck:

I have noticed the use for it from chromo thread (the stupid attachment game :blah!:) It gets quite annoying typing what I type in the quick reply thingy, then realising I have to cut/copy it, click new reply, then paste it to be able to attach a image/whatever.

Sure, it is probably a stupid thing to add, but it would be useful, so what do others think?

RE: Quick quote, quick reply, quick attach? by Tochjo on 01-25-2004 at 09:27 AM

I usually type it in the Quick Reply box, then click Preview and then attach the file. I think this is a nice solution - at least, I can live with the way it is now.

A small attachment upload bar below the Quick Reply box would be nice nonetheless :)

RE: Quick quote, quick reply, quick attach? by Choli on 01-25-2004 at 12:19 PM

I don't think that would be a good idea. If you put a attachment field below this q. reply box I am typing now, you'll get the same as if you go to the post reply page, so that page won't be useful anymore. And also, how many posts do you post with an attachment? very few...

RE: Quick quote, quick reply, quick attach? by WDZ on 01-26-2004 at 05:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jehuty
I have noticed the use for it from chromo thread (the stupid attachment game :blah!:)
That thread is pure spam... I don't add features to help spammers... :refuck:

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
I usually type it in the Quick Reply box, then click Preview and then attach the file.
Same here. Jehuty should have thought of that... :blah!:

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
I don't think that would be a good idea. If you put a attachment field below this q. reply box I am typing now, you'll get the same as if you go to the post reply page, so that page won't be useful anymore. And also, how many posts do you post with an attachment? very few...
(Y)
RE: Quick quote, quick reply, quick attach? by Muss on 01-26-2004 at 11:08 AM

blah, sometimes it takes ages to load the stupid "post reply" page :blah!:

And, the quick post thingy is basically helping spammers aswell, and you added that :/

I actually think it would be a good thing to have, well, an option that you can turn on and off?

RE: Quick quote, quick reply, quick attach? by theguy on 01-26-2004 at 11:12 AM

the quick reply box is not a WDZ creation, but an myBB one. Hopefully we have the upgrade soon.

RE: Quick quote, quick reply, quick attach? by Wabz on 01-26-2004 at 12:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by theguy
the quick reply box is not a WDZ creation, but an myBB one. Hopefully we have the upgrade soon.

I could swear DZ made the quick reply box atmy request (:
RE: Quick quote, quick reply, quick attach? by surfichris on 01-26-2004 at 12:31 PM

Initially it was (in private betas), but then a similar but basic version was added to myBB..then it was expanded upon to one which is similar to here.

RE: Quick quote, quick reply, quick attach? by EvilSeph on 01-26-2004 at 02:14 PM

If you do add any of those features, it simply won't be "Quick Reply"

RE: Quick quote, quick reply, quick attach? by KeyStorm on 01-26-2004 at 03:00 PM

A little uploader-form isn't very big. The heaviest thing from the regular post page are the tools and the smiley panel.
I think the idea is good, but anyway, how many (serious) attachments do you upload in 100 posts? Not many, I hope...

RE: Quick quote, quick reply, quick attach? by fluffy_lobster on 01-26-2004 at 05:39 PM

Keystorm's second point is very true... and there's no logical place to put it without requiring extra scrolling.  I think it's best kept compact as it is now.

RE: Quick quote, quick reply, quick attach? by Johnny_Mac on 01-26-2004 at 11:26 PM

Think I have used the post reply page twice since quick reply was introduced. Shows how often you need it.