Shoutbox

Chat Room - No Msg box - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Chat Room - No Msg box (/showthread.php?tid=20911)

Chat Room - No Msg box by beacauz on 01-27-2004 at 07:24 PM

Ok, I got into the chat room and was told that I should type at the bottom and then hit enter....there was no place to type at the bottom...I tried various things until the people in the chat room were getting frustrated with me for entering and re-entering...and told me so.

Help, I need a voice
Beacauz

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Theo on 01-27-2004 at 08:01 PM

download mirc

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Choli on 01-27-2004 at 08:16 PM

Look:

[Image: attachment.php?tid=20911&pid=195703]

Maybe you can't see the text field where you have to type if you're using a small screen resolution. You should use 800x600 or bigger.

Anyway, if you're using your own computer (or are allowed to install things there) you should download and install mIRC, as Theo said. It's much better for join chats.

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by beacauz on 01-27-2004 at 08:44 PM

Thnx for the replies - I do have the 800x600 screen resolution but the window stops right after the messages from others in the room.  No place at all for writing messages.

I used the 'web chat module' which obviously doesn't work for some reason.  My OS is XP

I guess the only solution is to download the mIRC and mess around with that....on second thought not going to do that as it is shareware.  Any freeware programs that accomplish the same thing?

:S Beacauz

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Theo on 01-27-2004 at 08:52 PM

u really got me in one of my happier moods cholio

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Choli on 01-27-2004 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by beacauz
but the window stops right after the messages from others in the room.  No place at all for writing messages.
do you mean you can't see where you have to type neither anything below it? Try to resize the window or using another browser.

edit
quote:
Originally posted by Theo
u really got me in one of my happier moods cholio
:S what do you mean?
RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by beacauz on 01-27-2004 at 09:00 PM

I mean THERE IS NO PLACE TO TYPE ANYTHING.......I cannot resize the window and I just got rude comments from people in the chat room becauz I am not answering them again.  There are threats to ban me...I tried to private message the person and I  the message box comes up but does not let me type anything.    Now I am totally frustrated!

Beacauz

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Choli on 01-27-2004 at 09:16 PM

calm down a bit...:P
you should try mirc...
can you take a screen shot?
anyway, I don't know why people want to ban you. if you just enter the chat, there isn't any problem. people there may say hello to you and if you don't answer they don't care and don't say anything more to you... but nothing more :-/

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by beacauz on 01-27-2004 at 09:25 PM

Thx choi for your understanding:)  However, the people in the chat were saying that they were getting 'mad' (their words) that I kept entering and not saying anything and then the last time I was told that if I exit again without saying anything, they would be forced to 'ban' me.

mIRC costs $20 usd and I am not prepared to pay that for a program I use will use only for chatting here.  That is why I was wondering if there where any other IRC programs that were free that would work.

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Choli on 01-27-2004 at 09:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by beacauz
mIRC costs $20
quote:
posted at http://www.mirc.com/get.html
mIRC can be downloaded freely and evaluated for 30 days.

you can use mirc while you try to fix your porblem and this way you will be able to tell the people on the chat that "no-talking" was not your choice
RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Theo on 01-27-2004 at 10:54 PM

first scroll down maybe if ur resolution is too big

also i meant in the pic choli, in the chan i was pissed off at that time

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Johnny_Mac on 01-27-2004 at 11:02 PM

quote:
first scroll down maybe if ur resolution is too big
This has already been mentioned and eliminated, please read the thread before replying with solutions.
RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Choli on 01-27-2004 at 11:14 PM

beacauz, you said you have XP, right? then maybe there's a problem with your java vm (microsoft's one is dodgy). You can also try to download and install the java virtual machine of Sun (the standar one). You can go to http://www.java.com/en/index.jsp and click "get it now". install it and try again.

quote:
also i meant in the pic choli, in the chan i was pissed off at that time
ah... :banana: :P
RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Johnny_Mac on 01-27-2004 at 11:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
beacauz, you said you have XP, right? then maybe there's a problem with your java vm (microsoft's one is dodgy). You can also try to download and install the java virtual machine of Sun (the standar one). You can go to http://www.java.com/en/index.jsp and click "get it now". install it and try again.
Forgot to mention this before... I didnt have the same problem, but had problems with java and decided to install the standard one, which worked btw. :P

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by beacauz on 01-27-2004 at 11:30 PM

Well I installed java and still no text area - to see what I get just go back to page one in this threat and take off the bottom area where the text goes - that is what I am getting.  I would see up to "<theo> w/e"

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Choli on 01-27-2004 at 11:37 PM

yep, when I installed XP (just 2 years ago)., microsoft removed the VM from its downloads and I installed the standar one (i had done that in any case). Well, the fact is that I've never had any problem with applets or java programs. In general, you should allways install standar things (drivers, etc..) and avoid MS ones :P

EDIT:

and did you try other browser?
RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by EvilSeph on 01-27-2004 at 11:45 PM

Well I apologise on behalf of the channel staff.. the reason why we warned you was because it seemed like you for join/part flooding the channel.

Also, could you please take a screenshot of the webchat and post it here, I'd like to help you get onto the support channel, thanks.

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by beacauz on 01-27-2004 at 11:48 PM

How do I take a screen shot and post it here?  I am new to XP, does it have a rip program or do I have to instal the one I had on the 98?

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Chrono on 01-27-2004 at 11:57 PM

hit the print screen key at the right side of the f12 key in ur keyboard, then paste it to paint and save it...

Then when u are posting here u can attach a file

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Choli on 01-28-2004 at 12:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
and save it...
save it in jpg, not bmp ;)
RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by beacauz on 01-28-2004 at 12:32 AM

So here is what I am seeing guys

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Chrono on 01-28-2004 at 12:35 AM

what if u enlarge the window O_o

anyway, i suggest u to download mIRC.. :P

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by beacauz on 01-28-2004 at 12:38 AM

It will not allow me to enlarge it - tried from all four corners and from all four sides - no maximize button....

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Choli on 01-28-2004 at 12:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
what if u enlarge the window O_o
allready suggested but i think he can't. the maximize button is disabled and that means the window can't be resized.

well, download mirc or use other browser (avant works fine), but anyway, you shouldn't have that problem

edit:

if you really like more the webchat than mirc, go to it with this link:
http://www.msgplus.net/chat/chat.php
it should show scrollbars
RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by EvilSeph on 01-28-2004 at 12:46 AM

Here's what it SHOULD look like. This hasn't been reported before, so I can't guarantee that we can help you.

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Menthix on 01-28-2004 at 12:53 AM

beacauz, try clicking this link: http://www.msgplus.net/chat/popup.php

Then you chould be able to resize and maximize the window. Hope it works.

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Wabz on 01-28-2004 at 01:07 AM

Problem fixed

Finely he got in No more :spam: Please

Wabz.

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Chrono on 01-28-2004 at 01:08 AM

Problem solved, thread closed

RE: Chat Room - No Msg box by Muss on 01-28-2004 at 08:52 AM

quote:
I mean THERE IS NO PLACE TO TYPE ANYTHING.......I cannot resize the window and I just got rude comments from people in the chat room becauz I am not answering them again.  There are threats to ban me...I tried to private message the person and I  the message box comes up but does not let me type anything.    Now I am totally frustrated!

Beacauz

I'm wondering who were the peopel threatening to ban :undecided: