Shoutbox

Multiple login/logout toasts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Multiple login/logout toasts (/showthread.php?tid=21182)

Multiple login/logout toasts by justant on 02-06-2004 at 03:26 PM

Dunno if this bug is MSN or MsgPlus...

My friend logged out and I got 2 logout toasts... strange I thought, but ignored it.
He logged back in and 2 login toasts... very strange I thought...

Friend logs out again ... 4 toasts!! (2 at once then 1, then 1 more) ... extremely weird!!
He logged back in 4 login toasts!! so I screen capped it...

Other people have been logging in and out and they only got one toast...

Any thoughts?

http://www.antworld.net/msgplus/weird.jpg

Friends (!VER)
Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 6.0.0602
Messenger Plus! Version: 2.52.0072

My (!VER)
Windows Version: Windows 2000, 5.00.2195
Messenger Client Version: 6.1.0207
Messenger Plus! Version: 2.54.0074

RE: Multiple login/logout toasts by justant on 02-06-2004 at 03:31 PM

Just rememberd the Event Log...  so gone to have a look at that and ...

http://www.antworld.net/msgplus/weird2.jpg

Still kinda odd though... never seen anyone sign in and out so much, so quickly!

RE: Multiple login/logout toasts by CookieRevised on 02-06-2004 at 04:01 PM

It could be that this contact was playing with some dodgy addon for Messenger since he/she signed in/out so quickly (see eventlog).

On the other hand, sometimes it also happens when you are low on resources at that moment (I experienced this once in a while when my resources are low), but then again, you wont see so much "hops" in the eventlog in that case. It could also be a small bug in his or your Messenger...

RE: Multiple login/logout toasts by Mnjul on 02-06-2004 at 04:21 PM

It might be a bomber (yep there is that kind of dodgy program) but I am absolutely sure it is not my Hopper because my Hopper has anti-flood protection;)

RE: Multiple login/logout toasts by Patchou on 02-06-2004 at 06:51 PM

Your contact is probably using a software to do that kind of thing.. just ask him to stop it and block him if he doesn't comply :)

RE: Multiple login/logout toasts by justant on 02-09-2004 at 05:55 PM

Nope, I asked him, and he said no.

Besides he's not techy enough to do that on purpose!!

It hasn't happened since...  might have been whatever msn server he was logged on to having a hiccup.

Thanks for your time though :)

RE: Multiple login/logout toasts by CookieRevised on 02-09-2004 at 06:13 PM

It just happend to me again, totaly out of the blue... my system resources weren't even low and I was doing almost nothing on the comp (only running messenger, plus and mirc)...
4-5 boxes appeared (with Messenger logo, not with the plus! logo) telling me X has just signed in. The person is also a complete noob at Messenger. (he doesn't have plus).

It could be a server-problem........

RE: Multiple login/logout toasts by AustinM1983 on 02-10-2004 at 04:48 AM

damnnnn i had the program to do this ages ago ... i think i lost it on my reformat .... it just alows you to type up to 4 custom toast and they will appear on everyones contact list who is online at the time .... even the people that have blocked you ;)... it is just a bomber thats all .... and this program is not dificult it is easier to use than it is to install messenger plus! :P so you don't have to be some l337 hacker or something .... it is simply 4 text boxes and a send button ..... ask him for the program.. i wouldn't mind getting it back ....
can also be good if you are playing around with the block feature with a friend you can just make it pop up ok done playing now and they can unblock you :D

RE: Multiple login/logout toasts by CookieRevised on 02-10-2004 at 06:48 PM

We all know such programs exists. But in some cases it isn't such a program, it is the server itself who has a flaw (I think)...