Shoutbox

bug in docking feature? not why it can't be used - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: bug in docking feature? not why it can't be used (/showthread.php?tid=21201)

bug in docking feature? not why it can't be used by Weyzza on 02-07-2004 at 06:21 AM

First...

I've found the use of docking feature :D

Second...

I (maybe) found a bug.

If I dock the contact list window to the left, I can't move it again, eventhough I've unchecked the box.

I also can't maximize the window.

err..
Sometimes, I admit, I can do it.

To "fix" it, it should be closed and opened it from the systray.

Thank you.

RE: bug in docking feature? not why it can't be used by Mnjul on 02-07-2004 at 06:32 AM

You can't maximize your docked window of course :-/

RE: bug in docking feature? not why it can't be used by Weyzza on 02-07-2004 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
You can't maximize your docked window of course :-/

okay....

and then why can't i move it?

i can freely move it when it is docked to the right
RE: bug in docking feature? not why it can't be used by Patchou on 02-07-2004 at 10:06 PM

Normally, wether you dock the window on the left or right edge of the screen doesn't matter in both cases, when it docks, the height is maximised and the width is changed. Maximize command is disabled while docking. You can only resize the window vertically. If you try to move the window, it should get its original size back while moving.

Please let me know what is the exact behaviour that is not the same for you. Thanks.

RE: bug in docking feature? not why it can't be used by Weyzza on 02-08-2004 at 07:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
You can only resize the window vertically.

Err...
Horizontally, maybe?

I have fully understood about the disability of maximizing the window after it is docked :).

I have the exact behaviour of the window that you described, except about moving the window after it is docked to the left.

Once again... I can move it after it was docked to the right edge.

Thank you for your response.
RE: bug in docking feature? not why it can't be used by Patchou on 02-08-2004 at 09:07 PM

You'Re right, I meant horizontally :). Can you tell me if you're using multiple monitors or some kinf of virtual desktops?

RE: bug in docking feature? not why it can't be used by Weyzza on 02-09-2004 at 06:12 AM

Honestly, I don't know what multiple monitors nor virtual desktops are :).

I forgot to tell you that I'm using ClearMSN and MSN Messenger at the same time.
I am not sure if the modified Messenger is the problem, but it could be, couldn't it?
The window that can't be moved after it was docked is ClearMSN's.

I did some tests for MSN Messenger's window.
I can move the window after it is docked the left edge, although I sometimes cannot do it.
But I cannot move the window in this chronology.
- Dock the window to the left edge.
- Drag the window to the left once.
- And the window can't be moved to the right.

I am sorry if I sound picky.
I know that this feature is one of the great features that Plus! has, and I doubt half the Plus! users use it.

When I was writing this reply, I started to think that I am only wasting your time.
Once again, I'm sorry.

Thanks.

RE: bug in docking feature? not why it can't be used by CookieRevised on 02-11-2004 at 02:00 AM

Did some tests with resizing/dragging/docking left/docking right etc... Found no such problems here.

Multiple monitors (with nVidea GeForce4 Ti 4200 AGPx8, driver 52.16)
Resolution for both screens: 1024x786x32bit
Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 6.1.0207 (unpatched)
Messenger Plus! Version: 2.54.0074

RE: bug in docking feature? not why it can't be used by Patchou on 02-11-2004 at 08:55 AM

Don't think you're wasting my time for one minute. If I didn't want to make Plus! better by listening to my users, I wouldn't come on this forum :). Could you disable ClearMSN and see if it solves your problem? if it doesn't, please send me an email to mplus@patchou.com and I'll send you a beta version to do some testing in order to track the bug. Please include your Windows version and the resolution of your screen. Thanks.

RE: bug in docking feature? not why it can't be used by Shaggie on 02-13-2004 at 09:53 PM

Why does Plus! change the width of the messenger window when it docks?  I have it set to my preferred width, and it always expands it when I dock the window so I have to resize it back.  It is somewhat annoying.

Shaggie

RE: bug in docking feature? not why it can't be used by Patchou on 02-14-2004 at 04:59 AM

That's to prevent misplacement problems. I'll add an option for that if you want :)

RE: bug in docking feature? not why it can't be used by The Entomologist on 02-19-2004 at 06:35 PM

Hey! I think I know what The Kid was talking about. It is a bit confusing at first, but you just have to move the cursor a bit farther than you think. Easy mistake to make. Thanks for posting this though and showing me that you even CAN dock Messenger.

~The Entomologist (Entomologist-1, Bugs-0)