Shoutbox

Automatically Accepting!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Automatically Accepting!! (/showthread.php?tid=21299)

Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-10-2004 at 07:50 PM

Do you think its a good idea for automatic accepting on web camera, if you are able to turn on and off this feature, so just think your at home and you have a web camera and if you have another account and if your at school you can watch whats going on in your house.

I think its also a great idea for companys, so they can just all of a sudden see what there employees are doing!!

Go here to read more ---------> http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21285

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by Patchou on 02-10-2004 at 08:28 PM

I think it would be a good idea, I'll add that to my todo list and if I can do it, it will be in the next version (I'm not promising anything though).

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-10-2004 at 08:29 PM

OMG ITS A HONOUR TO HAVE SOMEONE LIKE YOU MESSAGE ME !!! I LOVE U PATCHOU AND

OMG I LOVE U
THANK U FOR ALL THE WORK U HAVE DONE OMG
hes talking to me YAY!!!!

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by CookieRevised on 02-10-2004 at 09:57 PM

I agreed, but only one 1 condition afcourse: if this is defaulted to OFF and can be set by the user (this also goes for auto-excepting files, invites to chats, etc...)

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-10-2004 at 11:00 PM

yes thats the main thing that its set of to default (OFF)  automatically and this would also happen as soon as the user logs in everytime. Maybe even a little icon showing that its at that status too so the user knows!

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-10-2004 at 11:28 PM

:Hey I just added a screen shot of what It might look like!!! if it was implemented in msn messenger plus!

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by BooGhost on 02-10-2004 at 11:42 PM

i think it's a good idea

but i can help thinking of the file sharing auto-accept

i think that would be more useful :-/

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-10-2004 at 11:47 PM

Yeah thats a great idea too maybe we can implement having certain things automatically accept and ways we can turn each feature on and off!! I wish knew how to program I have soo many ideas! :)

But thank you for everyone's support!!! any more suggestions or comments (Y)

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by Choli on 02-10-2004 at 11:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I agreed, but only one 1 condition afcourse: if this is defaulted to OFF and can be set by the user (this also goes for auto-excepting files, invites to chats, etc...)
I agree.

Also, that must be configurable per each contact. ie: contact1@hotmail.com allow to send me files and autoaccept them. The same with camera. Contact2@hotmail.com only allow files. Contact3#hotmail.com do not allow anything etc...
quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
but i can help thinking of the file sharing auto-accept

i think that would be more useful
yep. I see more useful the auto accept files than camera.
RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-10-2004 at 11:50 PM

I like the camera idea because when im at school on lets say account: account1@hotmail.com and my account2@hotmail.com is online at home I can see what people are doing in my house!

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by Wabz on 02-10-2004 at 11:53 PM

quote:

Of course it's a good idea perhaps a reverse of the feature as well Deny all :P  For people on low bandwidth etc etc

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-10-2004 at 11:55 PM

hey thats a awesome deal too!!! hahaha omg i love all these idea that i have came up with and others helping me here!!  NOW does anyone know how to write software so it can be implemented in Msn Messenger Plus! LOL :P

I'm going to draw or try to come up with some look alike image so you can see what it would look like if the feature was on msg plus right now, to give you a visual in your heads and to see how cool it would be.... :o)

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by BooGhost on 02-11-2004 at 12:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by brianjdupuis
I like the camera idea because when im at school on lets say account: account1@hotmail.com and my account2@hotmail.com is online at home I can see what people are doing in my house!
and you could even send files.... if patchou implemented the automatisation to the file transfer

you say security problems, i say antivirus, filters for contacts and extensions, no auto-runs etc.... :P
RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-11-2004 at 12:25 AM

Well I think its a great idea and it will get through those small problems and Patchou himself will add it to his feature list!!!

:o) yay patchou yay!!! :o)

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-11-2004 at 01:07 AM

Hey I have a screenshop that i made what it could look like if Patchou was to put this feature in it!

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by lizard.boy on 02-11-2004 at 01:14 AM

you try to hard.. never got a pm to vote in a poll before..
i think it would be a good idea if it could be selectable for each type (file webcam audio) so that it can be like

contact 1 always accept
contact 2 always accept
contact 3 always decline
contact 4 user choose
contact 5 always accept

and the default being user choose

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-11-2004 at 01:42 AM

Hey thanks for the suggestion I like your idea I might do a screenshot of that to see what it looks like and the Patchou can choose from that!!! Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks Again!

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by lylesback2 on 02-11-2004 at 02:12 AM

you guys have way to much time on your hands to do these edits LOL.....

quote:
OMG ITS A HONOUR TO HAVE SOMEONE LIKE YOU MESSAGE ME !!! I LOVE U PATCHOU AND

OMG I LOVE U
THANK U FOR ALL THE WORK U HAVE DONE OMG
hes talking to me YAY!!!!
patchou has some obsessed fans... it's strange that a program can make guys turn gay and love you patchou LOL.  Patchou is just like me and you... well not so much you.. you got a little crush on patchou lol.

back to the topic:
there should be an allow list of certian things you will accept... .like lizard.boy posted.  It will only allow certian things to be accepted :P great idea btw.
RE: Automatically Accepting!! by bach_m on 02-11-2004 at 02:44 AM

quote:
Hey thanks for the suggestion I like your idea I might do a screenshot of that to see what it looks like and the Patchou can choose from that!!! Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks Again!

i dont think we need constant screenshots........ whats the point really??

and thnax for being so enthusiastic, but dont PM me terlling me to go to a thread....

* bach_m votes for both :XP:
RE: Automatically Accepting!! by ryan92 on 02-11-2004 at 02:59 AM

The webcam being able to accept automatically doesn't seem like a very practical use because there very few uses, except for the ones the 1st post. Although being able tot accept file automatically is a better idea and way more practical. At schools that feature would be a life saver for me because most of the computer do not have floppy drives and being able to send files over msn automatically would be of major benefit and safer than putting it on floppy

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-11-2004 at 04:11 AM

Well see everyone has there opinions about certain things and each person would use certain features, like you would use the file transfer ryan92 but i would use both the web camera and the the file transfer! someone else just might use the microphone thing to just hear whats going on! lol but its all good keep it coming!

But thank you for all the comments!

and hey if anyone wants to look at this screenshot its a bit better things are improving slowly! MAYBE Patchou can comment on it! LOL

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by Chrono on 02-11-2004 at 04:17 AM

as long as its optional and its default is off, i wont have a prob with this feature :grin:

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-11-2004 at 04:18 AM

Thank you Crono is there someone I can talk to about making this a plug-In for now, someone I can give this idea to and they could work on it!

You have been all great for listening to my yacking!!! I just want the Best for Msg Plus! and ill be diffently be making my donation soon and buying a shirt!! :o)

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by lylesback2 on 02-11-2004 at 04:34 AM

quote:
Thank you Crono is there someone I can talk to about making this a plug-In for now, someone I can give this idea to and they could work on it!

You have been all great for listening to my yacking!!! I just want the Best for Msg Plus! and ill be diffently be making my donation soon and buying a shirt!! :o)
[off topic] are you really 20 years old dude? lol

[back on] plug-in?  sure that would work?
RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-11-2004 at 04:36 AM

Do you know someone who I can talk to concerning about this kind of thing, and who would be interested in doing this?

and off topic im just a really drunk 20 year old! :P

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by bach_m on 02-11-2004 at 11:56 AM

i8 dont know if its possible as a plugin.

sry.

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by Choli on 02-11-2004 at 12:20 PM

bach_m's right. That can't be done with plugins.

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by ryan92 on 02-11-2004 at 12:31 PM

:|....Why wouldn't it be possible.? This would be the best feature promised sice the Food Replicator that Patchou is working on (So I hear:P). Be a bummer if this didn't get release.

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by Choli on 02-11-2004 at 12:58 PM

That isn't posible with plugins for Plus, but that can be done by Plus itself.

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by reisyboy on 02-11-2004 at 05:55 PM

I like the idea espically if its able to be turned on and off :). It would be very usefull :)

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by Patchou on 02-11-2004 at 05:58 PM

Didn't I reply to this thread? I guess I forgot.. anyway, I'Ve added this suggestion in my todo text file so if I have enough time, you'll have it in version 3.00 :)

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by Anubis on 02-11-2004 at 06:53 PM

If you can turn it on and off and you can be sure you haven't left it on yeah it's cool...what about a way to do this with Downloads as well like if you want someone to send files when he comes online and you're away you could set it to come on for that specific user...

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-11-2004 at 06:54 PM

Thank you Patchou I can't thank you enough for doing this if you have the time, and I realize you are very busy and that you have a life too! and it would also be nice if anyone else had any suggestions or comments about this feature and if they have any other ideas!

Again I can't thank you enough!

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by lizard.boy on 02-12-2004 at 01:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'Ve added this suggestion in my todo text file
patchou you should try the latest version of rainlendar :)
RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-12-2004 at 02:01 AM

I wonder if my other idea in the other Forum I made was a good idea or not? lol or they could help with the idea and try to explain easier!!

P.S: If you want to view my other Idea just look at the other attachment!!
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21285

HEY I HAD ANOTHER IDEA COME TO MY HEAD ...... I WAS WONDERING IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE SHAPE OF MSN MESSENGER LIKE AS A HEART OR CIRCLE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT WOULD BE A COOL THING!!!

Is this Possible Patchou!! (Sorry Im full of ideas this week lol)

Thanks Everyone!!

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by .blade// on 02-12-2004 at 03:17 AM

First of, ur screenshot says "accpet"...lol...second off, I guess it could be a good idea...but it would be better if u could use it while ur account is signed off...like if u wanna check at your house, but you can't sign in because the computer monitoring with the webcam is signed in :P

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by Chrono on 02-12-2004 at 03:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gigablade77
but it would be better if u could use it while ur account is signed off
hey guy, this is Messenger Plus! :P it makes no sence to make a feature to work while u are not signed in... that is not the purpose of messenger plus :P

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-12-2004 at 03:29 AM

Stop the hating!!! it was just an Example [Image: msn_cry.old.gif]

LOL :P

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-14-2004 at 06:47 PM

Does anyone have any other ideas on how this could work, or anything esle they would like to see in the feature?

One of the members in the Messenger Plus Community Forums ( ---+[Matty]+--- ) suggested to have it password protected so when someone wants lets say view the web camera of the other client they would have to type in a password!!

Thanks for the idea Matt!

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by saralk on 02-14-2004 at 07:48 PM

the password protected thing would be very cool, as it would make the prefrences less clutterd

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-15-2004 at 04:55 AM

Yeah I totaly agree with the idea!!

Features of Auto Accepting:

1. Password Protected if wanted!

2. Default set always off (If chosen to by the user)

3. Icon Showing this feature is turned on the main msn window!

4. Automatic Accepting for File-Sharing!

5. Automatic Accepting for Web Camera!

6. Automatic Accepting for Microphone!

I think this feature would be very useful to users usinig msn messenger plus, and a very useful feature that I would use everyday!! I just want to thank everyone again for all there help and advice and keep on Voting!

Thanks!

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by saralk on 02-17-2004 at 02:49 PM

i was bored, here is a mock screen-shot

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by Choli on 02-17-2004 at 04:06 PM

why do people do screren shots? Patchou is going to change the interface (I thiink) and Guido will make new graphics... don't spend your time doing that :P (well, you can do what you want, of course :P)

saralk: your s. shot isn't valid, because that option should be configurable per each user, as I said before (i think)

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-17-2004 at 09:49 PM

Good Job Saralk on the screenshot!!! Just ignore Choli *-) lol. Patchou does look at the Screenshots when he gets a chance and when hes not busy, and it also gives him a idea of what to put togeather. Especially how he is including  this feature in the next version of msg plus!! (Y) :o) LOL

P.S: Also helps Patchous Fans and clients that use his software a better understand what the feature is!

Thanks!

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by lylesback2 on 02-17-2004 at 11:21 PM

whyyyy would you need a password?  you already have one for your MSN.... if someone has your password, maybe it's time you change it :P

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-17-2004 at 11:31 PM

what are you talking about hahaha lyseback2 LOL the password would be for the person trying to view your cam....

Example:

Client A with web camera

Client B trying to view web cam

&

Client B needs to type in a password to view Client A's web camera (which is a GREAT FEATURE!! for security puposes)

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by CookieRevised on 02-18-2004 at 12:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
saralk: your s. shot isn't valid, because that option should be configurable per each user, as I said before (i think)
The settings could be easly per user and only show up if you're logged in (like with the custom contactnamelist) ;)

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2
whyyyy would you need a password?  you already have one for your MSN.... if someone has your password, maybe it's time you change it :P
It was mentioned by brianjdupuis... only 6 posts before yours.... ^o)
RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-18-2004 at 03:43 AM

Well I think I'll Finish off by saying that this little feature will be very usefull to everyone and that there is many different ways that this feature can be setup with all the ideas that have been put forward on this community forums! and the final descion will have to be made by Patchou! (which of course will be the best one lol  :P)

P.S: Dont be shy keep on voting!! lol

:o):) Thanks to for all the great ideas :):o)

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by saralk on 02-18-2004 at 10:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
why do people do screren shots? Patchou is going to change the interface (I thiink) and Guido will make new graphics... don't spend your time doing that :P (well, you can do what you want, of course :P)

i was bored, i was doing the appendix for my Business Studies coursework, and i decided to make a screen shot, cos anything is better then writing about different types of motivation.

quote:

all settings are user independant anyway

Look at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Patchou/MsgPlus2!

you will see there is a different folder for each user who has logged on to messenger, and everyone has different settings
RE: Automatically Accepting!! by Choli on 02-18-2004 at 11:29 AM

quote:
The settings could be easly per user and only show up if you're logged in (like with the custom contactnamelist)
I meant per each contact in your contact list :$
Maybe you want contact1@hotmail.com be allowed to see you via your webcam and you want contact2@hotmail.com not be allowed. The same goes to which contacts you want they be allowed to send you files etc...
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
all settings are user independant anyway

Look at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Patchou/MsgPlus2!

you will see there is a different folder for each user who has logged on to messenger, and everyone has different settings
yep, I know. I'm used to that path at the registry ;) However, I didn't mean that.
RE: Automatically Accepting!! by saralk on 02-19-2004 at 02:32 PM

well if u meant per user on the contact list, then thats what the password is for

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by Beno on 02-19-2004 at 07:07 PM

EDIT:

I personally like this idea the best.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?tid=21299&pid=202515

I hope something like that gets added to the msn plus!

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-21-2004 at 06:47 AM

I totally love the screenshot you made up Beno and i like the ideas that you have brought forward! I think wiith all the ideas brought forward and all the screenshots made Patchou will have a wide variety of what to do!!

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by saralk on 02-23-2004 at 06:38 PM

i made that idea :(

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-23-2004 at 07:52 PM

I'm sorry Saralk!!!! LOL ....... But thank you for the idea it was really appreciated and I was only thanking Beno for his screenshot. But I hope Patchou looks at all of them and to get a good idea what US the user wants to see!!

RE: Automatically Accepting!! by brianjdupuis on 02-29-2004 at 02:57 AM

Two things I wont to talk about:

1.Patchou You are a true Hero, and I think we all appreciate all the HARD work you have done for us to make Msn Messenger a better peice of software!!

2. Second part I want to talk to you about Patchou is My idea about Auto-Accepting that I put forward to you, i'm not sure if you didn't go back and read the rest of the forum and the suggestions made about it but I think you should include a password and you give the users you want access to lets say the web cam it would ask for a password and they would have to type it in..... this would be a good security feature!

P.S: wondering if I could be abeta tester to see how you went about my feature! and if I can get credit for it!

Again Thank you!!
Brian D