Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 3 ?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? (/showthread.php?tid=21302)

RE: kinda a specific question about logs by Patchou on 02-10-2004 at 03:15 AM

That was one of the improvements made from Plus! 1.00 to 2.00 and it will still be there in 3.00 (ok, that message was almost spam, but still, there's an interesting info in it if you look for it :p)

RE: kinda a specific question about logs by bach_m on 02-10-2004 at 03:17 AM

theres a 3??? is it just planned, or started ;);)

RE: kinda a specific question about logs by Chrono on 02-10-2004 at 03:24 AM

* Chrono wonders if there will be a Messenger Plus! 3 soon :P
That would be MP3 :banana: :P

RE: kinda a specific question about logs by bach_m on 02-10-2004 at 03:38 AM

winamp tried that..... and it sucked.

but Plus! 3 wont, or course :P

RE: kinda a specific question about logs by Patchou on 02-10-2004 at 08:34 PM

Actually, it's funny that you're mentionning Winamp as I'm precisely keeping it in mind while I'm redesigning my interfaces. I won't repeat the mistakes of others, even if some of you push me to do so (by that, I mean adding tons of useless features and displaying many useless option windows attached to the main Messenger ones). And yes, I guess I can tell you now, I'm currently working on Plus! 3.00. Don't expect new features, there will be almost none. As I said, Plus! already got more than it's load of features and 99% of my users don't know half of them. That's why the new version is focusing on interfaces and accessibility, meaning that the existing features will be more easily accessible and more fun to use. I'll soon post an announcement about that.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Chrono on 02-10-2004 at 09:08 PM

Messenger Plus! 3??
This needs to be splitted into a new thread! :banana:
This is going to have lots of replies :lol:

Splitted and reopened ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by bach_m on 02-10-2004 at 09:25 PM

hooray!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Wabz on 02-10-2004 at 10:01 PM

:pound:  Nice to here Patchou Can I be a tester (A)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Chrono on 02-10-2004 at 10:03 PM

i guess he would pick up some new testers for this version :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Theo on 02-10-2004 at 10:05 PM

cnt wait

;p

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by theguy on 02-10-2004 at 10:08 PM

neither can I. good luck Patchou.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by ZiPP on 02-10-2004 at 10:24 PM

I have posted the news on Mess.be. Thanks to Wabz for reporting it to me. :) Let me know if there's any details that needs adding to the post! Look forward to the new release! (Y)

ZiPP

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Jeronimo on 02-10-2004 at 10:42 PM

Excellent stuff. As good as Plus 2.5 is, its nice to see you are not resting on your laurels (y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by dotNorma on 02-10-2004 at 10:48 PM

Very Nice (y) I qoute jeronimo :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by lylesback2 on 02-10-2004 at 11:00 PM

cool, new ion compo :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by musicalmidget on 02-10-2004 at 11:15 PM

Imagine the confusion now that MP3 (:tongue:) is being discussed. :P

Great news to hear though. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by BooGhost on 02-10-2004 at 11:27 PM

this is great news :D

i wonder how testing will work this time :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by bach_m on 02-10-2004 at 11:28 PM

that depends what you call "discussed"

pathcou has just said thatt  he started to work on it. i dont see room for discussion.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by KeyStorm on 02-10-2004 at 11:36 PM

great news!

Translators will have to ink their feathers again (if it's on Easter it's perfect :grin:)

* KeyStorm wants to become tester :banana:

* KeyStorm won't probably be accepted for being a forum newbie :'(

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Choli on 02-10-2004 at 11:57 PM

:banana:

Great news, Patchou!
Well, you know I can help (and I'm interested) in all you want (alfa/beta testing, doing plugins, tweakers :P, etc...).

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Wabz on 02-11-2004 at 12:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
great news!

Translators will have to ink their feathers again (if it's on Easter it's perfect :grin:)

* KeyStorm wants to become tester :banana:

* KeyStorm won't probably be accepted for being a forum newbie :'(

i wouldn't even think about it yet!  Remember Plus needs to be tested on as many different OS's and messenger versions as possible so theres every chance you could be a tester.  Just remember guys give it time. 

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by KeyStorm on 02-11-2004 at 12:14 AM

[Image: newbie.gif][Image: mininana.gif][Image: heh.gif]

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
Plus needs to be tested on as many different OS's and messenger versions

Then I'll install mandrake linux on my laptop for testing...

/sdoh

j/k
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Luke87 on 02-11-2004 at 12:26 AM

Ah Patchou, there has to be a way to stop my dumb friends installing the spyware :P

Also tell me when it is beta time, as you haven't been on msn for like a week.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by musicalmidget on 02-11-2004 at 12:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
that depends what you call "discussed"

pathcou has just said thatt  he started to work on it. i dont see room for discussion.

Discussed as in this thread...although you are quite right.  It's already under development, so.................. :tongue:
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Wabz on 02-11-2004 at 12:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
Discussed as in this thread...although you are quite right.  It's already under development, so.................. :tongue:

I believe the emotion you want is :refuck:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by lylesback2 on 02-11-2004 at 12:38 AM

MP3 now has a new meaning :) Messenger Plus! 3 :D
:plus: :plus2: ... now :spam:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by cybervisionx on 02-11-2004 at 12:54 AM

I will be glad to be a tester. I can't wait to see what is in store for the new installment.

<off topic>
Does anyone have a complete list of msg plus irc style commands?
</off topic>

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by J2000_ca on 02-11-2004 at 01:07 AM

Any chance that it won't have to be loaded in when windows starts in the new version (yn). I like how your focusing on interface. I think some things could use some fleshing out like using custom names everywhere except on the menu (like the custom sounds menu could use them). Anyways wanted to thank you Patchou for the program (wanna play with the source but I'm just being greedy with that :P)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Jabb on 02-11-2004 at 01:10 AM

Hey, its great that you're making a msngr plus!3 :o)and I really appreciated your work on v2. I think it'd be cool if , in v3, we could display scores for sports games (such as scores from the NHL, NBA and NFL). (H)
tnx

P.S. I would love to be an alfa/beta tester(H) just contact me at khoja88@hotmail.com ( I have windows XP home and MSN version 6.1.0207

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by lylesback2 on 02-11-2004 at 02:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cybervisionx
<off topic>
Does anyone have a complete list of msg plus irc style commands?
</off topic>
go to any chat window
Plus! > Send Command > More...

Should bring you to a web site

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by chris on 02-11-2004 at 02:08 AM

... can also be found Here

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by ~landsberg~ on 02-11-2004 at 02:17 AM

quote:
Ah Patchou, there has to be a way to stop my dumb friends installing the spyware :P

Agreed my friends are always saying they have some virus from installing plus! (of course it was just spyware and of course it was checked off i agree in stead of i refruse). One of my friends even went around the school shouting dont install plus! it is spyware.

A good solution would be to make it start on i refuse. People alway just smash through installs without looking at what they are agreeing to.

so what the deal, eh?
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Chrono on 02-11-2004 at 02:18 AM

quote:
whats the problem, no more progs to steal original ideas from?

:rolleyes:

Patchou's ideas are always original, he never steals ideas from other programs :P
Indeed, other programs steal Messenger plus!'s features (*cough* Advanced MsgPlus *cough*)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by bad_andy on 02-11-2004 at 02:21 AM

It would be cool if you could make it play a sound even when you're in the box.  Trillion does that and it is one of the few things I miss.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Chrono on 02-11-2004 at 03:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~landsberg~
A good solution would be to make it start on i refuse. People alway just smash through installs without looking at what they are agreeing to.

First off, the optional sponsor is adware, NOT Spyware :P
And people should learn to read what they are installing, maybe Plus! will teach them dont u agree? :P
See, the internet is something common nowdays... everyone is using it, and if it wasnt for these fools people who cant understand that they must read the users agreements the world would be much happier :P
its like when people open an email from an unknown guy and click on the attachment... then they get a virus :P People must learn that they should not open these kind of emails :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by lylesback2 on 02-11-2004 at 03:16 AM

only program he stole idea's from is Messenger Plus! 1 :P and that was created by him.  Plus! forum members pretty much created Plus! 2 ;) - ive always thought of it that way

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by bach_m on 02-11-2004 at 03:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
See, the internet is something common nowdays... everyone is using it, and if it wasnt for these fools people who cant understand that they must read the users agreements the world would be much happier :P
its like when people open an email from an unknown guy and click on the attachment... then they get a virus :P People must learn that they should not open these kind of emails :P

a bit off topi, but still interesting:
http://www.worldofends.com/
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Patchou on 02-11-2004 at 04:05 AM

Wow, so many replies already.. as I said, don't expect new features. I'm doing my best redesigning the interface so that the curernt features become useful to people not checking-out context menus (or not interested in them.. which probably counts for 4/5 of the users, if not more). I'll post screenshots when I'll have some interesting ones to post. Basically, the preferences are being completely reworked, some existing panels are being improved and many wizard will be nicely integrated into the interface. As for beta testing, I'll do as always: ask people who are on my msn list :). If you've been here for some time, if I know you at least a little and if you have time to click on every pixel of every screen, then you can send me an email at mplus@patchou.com . When I'll need testers, I'll look at the test requests :). Be sure you include the pseudo you use on the forum.

PS: about the sponsor, if I didn't want anyone to isntall it, I wouldn't even include an option for it :).

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Chrono on 02-11-2004 at 04:10 AM

its a bad idea to include ur email address there, u will receive thousand of mails Patchou ^o) Maybe when u really need testers? :undecided:
* Chrono would be glad to alpha/beta test, as ever :banana:
btw, i emailed u before about this thread, i hope u read it (the email :P)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by SoM on 02-11-2004 at 04:32 AM

I would like to be tester... and if u need a spanish Translator...I could help too ...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Chrono on 02-11-2004 at 04:37 AM

There are enough spanish translators already :P (i am one of them :grin:). u can always help by finding spelling mistakes and posting them in the translation's forum (that's for every translation :P)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by king_of_cool_kids on 02-11-2004 at 04:45 AM

I would be glad to be a beta/alpha tester. I love plus. It is the best things since the invention of the computer!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by wj on 02-11-2004 at 04:48 AM

Well, I vote we follow Winamp's lead and jump to 5.0 as it's far better then 3.0 and it was shit

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by dham on 02-11-2004 at 05:19 AM

Hey! I know that you said that there wont be a lot of new stuff on the Plus 3, but here a suggestion, you should add an option to sing in as "appear offline", that is very useful and the patches on mess.be wont work correctly with the Plus!.

Hope you get this and try to add this feature :D (Y)

Thanks! (Y)

See ya! 8-|

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Chrono on 02-11-2004 at 05:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dham
but here a suggestion, you should add an option to sing in as "appear offline",
that feature wont be included cause it involves cracking the exe, and that's illegal

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by dham on 02-11-2004 at 05:23 AM

Really?
That SUX!, but there's gotta be another way
i hope

anyway, of you guys now a patch so i can do that without mess up the plus, please tell me about it

tnx

Grettings from Mexico!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by ForbiddenGentleman on 02-11-2004 at 05:28 AM

I'll let the pic do the explaining :$ I want to figure out how to only have ONE service thing start up I tried deleteing 1 in the reg but it keeps coming back....:@.

-Romeo

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Chrono on 02-11-2004 at 05:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dham
Really?
yeah :P
u have lots of ways to do that though, read this:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20...d=187701#pid187701

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Huuf on 02-11-2004 at 05:33 AM

That's great

only one question
Will the plugin package be integrated in this version?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Patchou on 02-11-2004 at 07:57 AM

Huuf: I don't know yet for the plugins, it will depend on the current status of the plugin db at the time when the version will be ready. In any case, the preferences panel will ahve a dedicated new plugin section so it will be easier for everyone to get plugins. I'm also thinking about adding automatic text changers in Plus! but I've left Fraisie in charge of that, she'll let you know.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Wabz on 02-11-2004 at 10:21 AM

quote:
its a bad idea to include ur email address there, u will receive thousand of mails Patchou ^o) Maybe when u really need testers? :undecided:
* Chrono would be glad to alpha/beta test, as ever :banana:

btw, i emailed u before about this thread, i hope u read it (the email :P)

Wabz did as well :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Choli on 02-11-2004 at 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
If you've been here for some time, if I know you at least a little and if you have time to click on every pixel of every screen, then you can send me an email at mplus@patchou.com . When I'll need testers, I'll look at the test requests . Be sure you include the pseudo you use on the forum.
Mail sent ;)
quote:
Originally posted by SoM
I would like to be tester... and if u need a spanish Translator...I could help too ...
Lo tendremos en cuenta ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Huuf
Will the plugin package be integrated in this version?
I'd be better to have an option to download plugins, and they won't be included in the package.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by MSN on 02-11-2004 at 11:10 AM

Weldone Patchou and hatsoff for your work!!!!

Nice to hear that there is a upcoming version.

All the best (Y) when the version is out we will celebrate it with a :o)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Mippo on 02-11-2004 at 02:20 PM

I would like to test it and I think I'll try translating again... The last time I did it the whole team was sucky so I quit the team... I wanna try again now though :happy:

Good work Patchou (Y)

I'm not waiting for new features, I want better performance, improved user interface (how would you want to do that? It's already perfect ;))... Let's just say, I want Plus! to show the world why Plus! is written with a capital letter!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Waxime on 02-11-2004 at 03:53 PM

i really see in the 3 version more sound command

i see a addons for add a batch of emoticons (select a directory, add a defaut command. Exemple: all valid picture in a directory and default command "ex" make ex01, ex02, ex03, ........

add a link for block checker directly in offline people.

show all emoticons went you write "(" with a scroll bar if they have too many emoticons

block/onblock people (one people or all list) for make avertising of you are connect

send more of 5 emoticons in one post, if possible

i wait version 3 :-)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Stigmata on 02-11-2004 at 04:14 PM

quote:
i guess he would pick up some new testers for this version

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eyeyyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyey i think ill try and win the award 2 years in a row, and actually end up one at the end of it :) well done patchou.....i would love to share some ideas with you about it [ idea for new thread, maybe? ]
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Anubis on 02-11-2004 at 04:18 PM

3...it's the magic number...Sorry to revive a dead subject but what about a spell checker in Messenger Plus! 3?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Guido on 02-11-2004 at 04:19 PM

:banana:

(nothing to say other than what was already said :P)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by reisyboy on 02-11-2004 at 04:23 PM

Wooo :) only one small prg it will have to now be called MsgPlus3 and i cant do the easyer way of MP3 lol cause it looks kinda confusing hehehe :). Anyway YAY Patchou :bow:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by GiantSpider on 02-11-2004 at 04:41 PM

Not to step on the genius (patchou's) idea but there has to be a better way to enlist NEW testers. U could like set up a web questionare type thing like on the microsoft BETA website(BETA Place)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Anubis on 02-11-2004 at 05:01 PM

Patchou always as to trust the testers for leakage reasons...hint to patchou trust me ;) o/j

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Stigmata on 02-11-2004 at 05:07 PM

hey its not a easy thing just giving out tester jobs, look how annoyed djm got about stuffplug ng :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by fluffy_lobster on 02-11-2004 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
Not to step on the genius (patchou's) idea but there has to be a better way to enlist NEW testers. U could like set up a web questionare type thing like on the microsoft BETA website(BETA Place)
Patchou doesn't want new testers, he just responded to a few people's questions...
quote:
As for beta testing, I'll do as always: ask people who are on my msn list :). If you've been here for some time, if I know you at least a little and if you have time to click on every pixel of every screen, then you can send me an email at mplus@patchou.com . When I'll need testers, I'll look at the test requests :). Be sure you include the pseudo you use on the forum.

That basically means that he's only looking for people who he knows... he had 200 alpha testers last time, and that was too many (because some a-hole leaked it) - only a few of those are on his contact list afaik.

What do we know about Microsoft Beta?  It always results in a leak.  So I think all this hype about beta testing will be a bit disappointing for most people who posted about it here :p

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Stigmata on 02-11-2004 at 05:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fluffy_lobster
he had 200 alpha testers last time

so there will be 300 hundred this time :P

j/k
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by fluffy_lobster on 02-11-2004 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
so there will be 300 hundred this time :P

j/k
I expect there will be no more than 100 :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by GiantSpider on 02-11-2004 at 05:37 PM

I said that more vigoras approach 2 enlist new testers would be gd. But i wasn't suggesting that old friends and trusted ppl would have 2 go through that

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Patchou on 02-11-2004 at 06:03 PM

GFD, you're alive!!! I hope you got my last emails, please let me know (Plus! 3 won't happen without you :)).

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Guido on 02-11-2004 at 06:46 PM

quote:
GFD, you're alive!!! I hope you got my last emails, please let me know (Plus! 3 won't happen without you :)).
I was precisely about to reply you and explain you :P

And yes, of course I'm alive -- I would resuscitate just for Plus if needed :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Chrono on 02-11-2004 at 08:46 PM

Damn it, he was alive :dodgy:

:lol: j/k :grin:

indeed, patchou's right, without guido, MP!3 wouldnt be possible :o :dodgy:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Stigmata on 02-11-2004 at 09:00 PM

MP!3 now is looks like a command msgplus would use........MP3 is music, messenger plus 3 is too long......

guido are we guna see a new icon ?

a new mr messenger?
a new PLUS ICON! :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by user27089 on 02-11-2004 at 09:17 PM

testing would be cool spose, theres a first time for evrything....

wat bout if a winamp track changer got integrated... a bit far but ya never know.

Moderator edit: reason undisclosed

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by lizard.boy on 02-11-2004 at 11:44 PM

quote:
GFD, you're alive!!!

I dont see any gfd... oh wait yes i do here he is gfd

i think i saw a gfx designer named guido or something back there :tongue:

great work patchou. i think the interface is fine but then again i'm more of an advanced user like a lot of this forum community that dosnt think you need to change it
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by RaceProUK on 02-12-2004 at 12:38 AM

I need to check these forums more often!

Anyway, I'd be happy to test. I have the following:
Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 6.1.0207
and they are always updated when necessary (read as soon as new versions come out).

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Wabz on 02-12-2004 at 12:57 AM

quote:
Damn it, he was alive :dodgy:

:lol: j/k :grin:

indeed, patchou's right, without guido, MP!3 wouldnt be possible :o :dodgy:

MP!3  is that the new short hand then ?

Nice to here from ya GFD :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by .blade// on 02-12-2004 at 01:06 AM

I'd be happy to test too, I have the current version of MP! and Windows XP Pro SP1 with all security updates, and the other updates available. I know how to code, so I might be able to give you a better idea of what's wrong than just a basic description if I find a bug ;) Anyways, GL Patchou!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Jeshu on 02-12-2004 at 12:55 PM

what do you need to become a beta tester?

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Erwin2k3 on 02-12-2004 at 02:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jeshu
what do you need to become a beta tester?

Can someone answer this question?
I want test the new plus to:D?

My test systeem have :
Windows xp + sp1 (NL)
And Latest msn versie (NL)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by GiantSpider on 02-12-2004 at 03:52 PM

Patchou chooses from those who he trusts. Other than that i dnt think there is criteria

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by The Napster on 02-12-2004 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Patchou chooses from those who he trusts. Other than that i dnt think there is criteria
Gues i cant become a beta tester [Image: msn_cry.old.gif]
Anyway good work Patchou :D

"Cant wait for MP!3"
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Stigmata on 02-12-2004 at 05:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gigablade77
Well I don't think patchou would wanna test on a Pentium 486, 66 MhZ, MSN version 1 :P lol

yes becuase thats possible :S

and to all those people asking.............

i realy doubt you getting the chance, there have been people on here for years who dont even test so u just charging in and saying make me a tester may not just work :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by billywoods1 on 02-12-2004 at 06:12 PM

Hmm... if there's a spare tester place I'd be happy to fill in... I haven't read all the posts, there were too many. :P I was an alpha tester in MP2, if that helps... my computer improved since then, however. :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by fluffy_lobster on 02-12-2004 at 06:53 PM

OK, just to clear everything up for future posters, here is what Patchou has said here is the following:

Most of the testing will be done by his friends on his MSN contact list.
If he needs more, he will let people that he knows at least a little test too.  This means you must be a regular on the forums and will probably have done alpha testing for MP2.
If you're not on his contact list and want to test then you should email him at mplus@patchou.com - I very much doubt he will file through this now very long thread.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Guido on 02-12-2004 at 09:56 PM

quote:
someone somewhere said March...
Unless that "someone" is Patchou, don't take any dates seriously.

quote:
guido are we guna see a new icon ?
Logo? No, it would be stupid (and confusing) to change the logo again... I mean, it's Plus' logo, not Plus' 2003 logo :P.

You WILL see new graphics (don't ask me how much though :P).
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by bach_m on 02-12-2004 at 11:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Unless that "someone" is Patchou, don't take any dates seriously.

i think it was fraise
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by WDZ on 02-13-2004 at 04:26 AM

quote:
i think it was fraise
No, it was Patchou himself...

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21...d=199966#pid199966
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by AustinM1983 on 02-13-2004 at 04:45 AM

wahoooooooooooooo for version 3 .... i think it is a great .... just improving the useablitiy for some users will increase the messenger plus! user base yet futher more .... good work patch :D ohhh yeah would love to test if the opertunity should present itself.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Guido on 02-13-2004 at 04:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
No, it was Patchou himself...

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21...d=199966#pid199966
But he didn't say it was going to be released in March, he said "don't expect it before the end of march", so don't get overexcited (yet :P).
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by lylesback2 on 02-13-2004 at 05:14 AM

thinks are never on time / track.  Give it an extra 2 months people :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Patchou on 02-13-2004 at 05:17 AM

I don't promise it for March, but I'm sure you will have it in March, that is, if I continue to ignore the advertisement on TV for Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles while I'm typing stupid lifeless C++ code :p.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Pipish on 02-13-2004 at 08:18 AM

lol what does a tester do

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Stigmata on 02-13-2004 at 10:13 AM

a tester has the great job of trying everything the thing he is testing does

quote:
thee was a messenger 1.... but it cant connect any more

no....becuase i didnt mean that :S

*sarcasem*
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Wabz on 02-13-2004 at 11:49 AM

quote:
I don't promise it for March, but I'm sure you will have it in March, that is, if I continue to ignore the advertisement on TV for Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles while I'm typing stupid lifeless C++ code :p.

Lock yourself in a room, It's for the good of man kind :lol:

Nah go buy it Patchou have some fun we'll wait :dodgy:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Fraisie on 02-13-2004 at 03:22 PM

You should see him drool everytime he sees the ad on tv :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by brianjdupuis on 02-13-2004 at 03:26 PM

Hey Patchou and everyone, just happy to see another verion of Msg Plus coming out I was starting to wonder when a new version would be coming. I would love to volunteer my time to be a beta tester!! *dont think that will happen lol but worth a try8-) lol and hopefully to see my idea that I put forward to you about Auto Accepting in your next version of Msn Messenger plus 3!! ( CAN I GET CREDIT FOR BRINGING THIS IDEA FORWARD LOL)

Thanks again!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Dane on 02-14-2004 at 01:12 AM

Im Alive and I am Excited :D!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Patchou on 02-14-2004 at 05:01 AM

Yeah! Dane is alive :banana: ... I was srtating to wonder :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by king_of_cool_kids on 02-14-2004 at 05:25 AM

Im alive too, I just been real busy with my school work and my new part time job!! Yeah. I work 6 hours a week at a computer shop up town. Watch out patchou, Im catching up. Haha. Just kidding.

MsgPlus!3 is a good name ofr it. Short and cool. hehe. :D

As for interface, good idea. I have only used about 4 features in plus, the rest I can't figure out how to cause the deisgn is a bit :S!! Anyhow, great idea.

Auto acceting, whoa, ok. It is a good and bad idea. Make sure it defaults to off please. PLEASE!!! I dont want to go away for a second and come back to find I downloaded a virus!! But one thing, please dont anuto accept contact invitations.

Spell checker. Who said this??? Some guy with a simpson type characture. Anyhow, I think it was decided not to add this feature as it would take up too much room!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by jazmon on 02-15-2004 at 10:32 AM

cant wait for it to be out. /me is update whore.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by master_shoyru1112 on 02-17-2004 at 08:51 AM

cool can i be a tester? i love coputers especailly programing (exept i'm still learning)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Anubis on 02-17-2004 at 08:55 AM

Sorry master_shoyru1112 but Patchou likes to select the BETA testers from ppl he knows very well and you have only 2 posts. Also I don't think he knows you at all...w00t just realized this is the 100th Reply

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by user2319 on 02-23-2004 at 10:21 AM

haven't read all this, but maybe you should make a "light" version.. Or just let people be able of choosing "advanced setup" and then choose what to enable or not enable. IMO, there are too much features in Plus!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by aNILEator on 02-23-2004 at 10:46 AM

i would love to be a tester but i know the chances of that are very very slim [Image: ashamed.png]

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Choli on 02-23-2004 at 12:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PlusFan
haven't read all this, but maybe you should make a "light" version.. Or just let people be able of choosing "advanced setup" and then choose what to enable or not enable. IMO, there are too much features in Plus!
The advanced setup is a good idea. it should be like a place where you pre-configure plus before installing. (and not where you decede what to install or not (you never know what you'll need in the future and also there would be people saying "i can't do this", just bacause they didn't install that feature))
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Pr0xY on 02-23-2004 at 02:46 PM

well for the testing thing goes, If I was in patchous position, Ide let who ever tested it in the past (and actually found a bug in the program) be a beta tester for Messenger Plus! 3....

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Guido on 02-23-2004 at 03:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
The advanced setup is a good idea. it should be like a place where you pre-configure plus before installing. (and not where you decede what to install or not (you never know what you'll need in the future and also there would be people saying "i can't do this", just bacause they didn't install that feature))
I agree with that, though the kind of "quick start wizard" dialogs is the thing most semi-advanced users hate :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Choli on 02-23-2004 at 03:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
I agree with that, though the kind of "quick start wizard" dialogs is the thing most semi-advanced users hate :P
yeah :P I hate them too if they have too many options and doesn't have a skip button :gfdrin:
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Wabz on 02-23-2004 at 07:01 PM

I personally think we should let patch get on with it and then we'll help him decide what needs adding to improve or what we dont like/doesnt work well

Till then give him time and let him Play Final Fantasy

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by user27089 on 02-23-2004 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy_nuk3r
well for the testing thing goes, If I was in patchous position, Ide let who ever tested it in the past (and actually found a bug in the program) be a beta tester for Messenger Plus! 3....
yeah, but then nobody would get a chance to start testing stuff, y not choose some *beginner* testers aswell, cause if your testing msgplus 3. then i'm sure others would also let you test stuff aswell, tis all bout giving chances to people, there is a first time for evryfin u know :p
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by user2319 on 02-23-2004 at 08:14 PM

I would just have a few alpha testers, and release some beta's publicly, with a nice "firts start-up" warning "it's in beta!"

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Patchou on 02-23-2004 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Till then give him time and let him Play Final Fantasy
You wish... :p. I'll buy the new one after Plus! 3 will have been released :).

As for the setup, I plan to recreate the exiting one, but I will not add any kind of "advanced mode". This is just an easy way for bad softwares to justify bad organization and useless options (in one word: bloatware). However, I am thinking about a quick-start wizard, with not much options, just enough to help people configure basic stuff in Plus! when they first install it. Of course, if I add it, it will be displayed aonly once and you'll have a nice Cancel button to exit it without any "really? are you sure? because if I were you, blablabla..." confirmation dialog box.

Anyway... that's for later. Everytime my todo.txt file shrinks down, your comments on the forum make it grow again ;).
Patchou
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by lizard.boy on 02-23-2004 at 11:40 PM

i would say a light version with few configuarble features would be a good thing.. you wouldnt have to update it unless there were bugs or you added major updates to the main version

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by user2319 on 02-24-2004 at 05:55 PM

hehe.. I don't update anyway :tongue:

stupid little features :tongue:

I only update when it's a big version, or when I'm experiencing a bug :-/

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Wabz on 02-24-2004 at 09:59 PM

I like to update all the time :plus2:  Seems to be the only program i bother with I still use a winamp 5 beta and ie 5.5 dunno why Plus must be special

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by lizard.boy on 02-24-2004 at 10:42 PM

i didnt mean the user would have to update all the time i meant patchou could get one stable version of a plus lite or something and he could juts go on his way with the normal plus

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Jabb on 02-26-2004 at 04:30 AM

I saw the screenshots on mess.be
looks good, keep up the excellent work

P.S. Can I be a tester?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by chris on 02-26-2004 at 04:36 AM

Looks great.. keep up tha good work.. cant wait for the update :D
new features look awsome and cant wait to see the new look :p

quote:
Originally posted by Jabb
P.S. Can I be a tester?
lol
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by HoRnEyDvL on 02-26-2004 at 08:44 AM

Hey sorry if this has been requested bur yeah.
when u check ur email when i click on that lil link at teh top it opens up IE even if mozila is ur default browser maybe a way 2 customise which borewser 2 open when that link is pressed.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Chrono on 02-26-2004 at 08:50 AM

i think that it's not possible to implement that one

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by M-Head on 02-26-2004 at 04:37 PM

Saw the links for the screenshots on mess.be....... and you said 3 wasn't about the features as much? The features that are going to be added are brilliant additions!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Stigmata on 02-26-2004 at 04:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HoRnEyDvL
when u check ur email when i click on that lil link at teh top it opens up IE even if mozila is ur default browser maybe a way 2 customise which borewser 2 open when that link is pressed.

ummm patchou if you want i could make a vb code for that, but ill need some one to change it into c++ :)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Wabz on 02-26-2004 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HoRnEyDvL

Surely it's just a matter of tricking Messenger into looking to see what the default browser is aint it?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by user27089 on 02-26-2004 at 07:06 PM

quote:
yay, just in time for my birthday :p
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by user2319 on 02-27-2004 at 12:42 PM

quote:
- More multi-format options: 68 pre-defined colors, special auto-formatting panel, ... (see screenshot)

Why that F#### much? :shocked:
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by VoyagerFan on 03-05-2004 at 12:20 PM

can you really be a tester? if so can i help and be a tester too?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Choli on 03-05-2004 at 01:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by VoyagerFan
Patchou will select the testers from people he trusts in. i don't think you have too much possibilities on be a tester :-/
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by VoyagerFan on 03-05-2004 at 01:10 PM

well sorrrrrrrryyyyyyy i only asked geez

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by user27089 on 03-05-2004 at 07:51 PM

quote:
well sorrrrrrrryyyyyyy i only asked geez
talk maturely, wat are u an american gangster? and in a thread it informs you that you should send an email to {patchou@msgplus.com} tellin him y u fink u should be a tester and he looks through the email .. :-/
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by Johnny_Mac on 03-05-2004 at 08:04 PM

There has been no details about testing Plus! 3 so these assumptions are unfounded. I personally think we should wait and see.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by user27089 on 03-05-2004 at 08:10 PM

true, but people always send emails, and that was wat was posting according to someone in a nother thread.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by maxim on 03-05-2004 at 08:10 PM

quote:
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ??

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patchou will select the testers from people he trusts in. i don't think you have too much possibilities on be a tester 
Well I was an alpha tester for msn plus 2 (first version), we only had to write an email to a specal email telling our level in computers... But Patchou had written on the forum the procedure... Maybe now he will only ask to people who had tested msn plus 2.5x, he already have a lot of people... I don't thing anybody can tell you other than patchou...
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ?? by user27089 on 03-05-2004 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by maxim
Well I was an alpha tester for msnG plus 2 (first version), we only had to write an email to a specal email telling our level in computers... But Patchou had written on the forum the procedure... Maybe now he will only ask to people who had tested msn plus 2.5x, he already have a lot of people... I don't thing anybody can tell you other than patchou...
or maybe your just lying, or maybe not, but i'm sure if you were it was msg plus :dodgy: