Shoutbox

New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker (/showthread.php?tid=21572)

New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by dotNorma on 02-19-2004 at 03:13 AM

Msgplus Comunity Forums Message Maker 1.200.734

NEW RELEASE!

Includes all these things and more!

• Select text , click a button , and the text is formated!
  • Very Easy way to create all myBB tags!
  • Includes tags made just for these forums!
  • Easy insert of around 40 emoticons!
  • Save messages!
  • Easy Copy!
  • Countdowns made easy!
  • And Insert special things like "Dates" and "Time" only in this program!

* Im still working on a preveiw but expect it in 1.300.000 :grin:

Thanks to my beta testers Sketch and Jeronimo

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by lylesback2 on 02-19-2004 at 03:17 AM

would be nice to highlight the text and press Bold, and it makes it bold... instead of putting it beside it?
-kinda like count down maybe? where it gives you a box to type the bold text :P

7251 days, 19 hours, 42 minutes, 55 seconds ago

btw... you advertise firefox ALOT! lol

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by dotNorma on 02-19-2004 at 03:20 AM

Since your the second person to mention it I will see if I can do it with the SelText value...but  use the code bar for now :)

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by dotNorma on 02-19-2004 at 03:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2
btw... you advertise firefox ALOT! lol

Well , I really like to share it and the pic in the about window that is the same as my avatar was made by sketch :) He made the lines and the plus! color background...Hes a genious :) Its my NoName logo for now...any..back on topic :P
RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by dotNorma on 02-19-2004 at 03:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2
-kinda like count down maybe? where it gives you a box to type the bold text

Well the bold text uses the code bar! If you enter the text in the code bar and than hit bold you get the code..its thing another window would do with the same code :tongue: Besides a new window for each would be a very large application , the Code Bar saves space.
RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by Sk3tch on 02-19-2004 at 03:45 AM

Looking good, still haven't got that blue arrow curser on mine..

i think lylesback had a good idea with the selecting text to format idea, i'd try n include that if u can.

Dempsey - 5 letters :tongue:  im sure he helped with more then just the code :dodgy: ;)

good work though, nice interest in the plus! forums as you have so kindly named it "Messenger Plus! CFMM" lol :P

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by CodeChaos on 02-19-2004 at 12:48 PM

Hmm...

Great Program! :P

(also what happend to me with the design?)

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by Choli on 02-19-2004 at 03:12 PM

Great program, but...
When you have to enter a list with numbers, it begins with [list=1­] and that's right, but it must end with [­/list=1] and not with [­/list] Btw, there is also a [­list=a] tag.

Edit: Include the [­s] tag ;)

-----------
Btw, when I have to edit a post, the edit page takes ages to loads :(

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by saralk on 02-19-2004 at 03:35 PM

it would be amazing, if there was a plugin on this forum, by the post reply button saying "launch prog." and then it launched this program witha a paremter to the tid, then it launched the prog, and u cud write the message, and then post it through the program

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by fluffy_lobster on 02-19-2004 at 03:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
it would be amazing, if there was a plugin on this forum, by the post reply button saying "launch prog." and then it launched this program witha a paremter to the tid, then it launched the prog, and u cud write the message, and then post it through the program
Better than that, why not have the option to either

a) Post as a thread in the dropdown menu
b) Post as a reply to a specified tid
c) Post as a reply to a thread already open in IE? :P  I suspect you can use an API to get the list of open urls, and then translate that into a tid...

Also an active preview would be nice... I'm willing to help with any of those features.

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by dotNorma on 02-19-2004 at 10:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
Great program, but...
When you have to enter a list with numbers, it begins with [list=1­] and that's right, but it must end with [­/list=1] and not with [­/list] Btw, there is also a [­list=a] tag.

Edit: Include the [­s] ta

Erm..Sorry, Im not a master at these myBB code , give me an example of how its used and how to use it and ill see.....

Also , No I am not a admin at msnfanatic , I dont like that site.

And Sketch , the cursor is my personal cursor , not a part of the program.
RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by Choli on 02-19-2004 at 10:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
Erm..Sorry, Im not a master at these myBB code , give me an example of how its used and how to use it and ill see.....
Ok:
code:
strike
strike
code:
  1. item 1
  2. item 2
  3. item 3

1. item 1
  2. item 2
  3. item 3
code:
  1. item 1
  2. item 2
  3. item 3

1. item 1
  2. item 2
  3. item 3

However, if you close the ordened lists ([list=1­] and [list=a­]) with [/list­] you'll get this:

code:
  1. item 1
  2. item 2
  3. item 3
    [/list]

1. item 1
  2. item 2
  3. item 3
    [/list]

As you can see this next line after the end of the list is a bit wrong.
    And don't forget to read http://shoutbox.menthix.net/misc.php?action=help&hid=8 ;)

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by KeyStorm on 02-19-2004 at 10:56 PM

Hum... I'm gonna take this... And test it tomorrow.

Looks very good, NoName.

My little web-app NUKUBro is really useless compared to this :grin:

Maybe http://community.mybboard.com/misc.php?action=help&hid=8 can help

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by lizard.boy on 02-19-2004 at 11:00 PM

it would be great if there was a minimise to systray option.. and if you could use any year from that menu

1. Enter list ite
  2. Enter List Item
  3. Enter List Item
  4. Enter List Item
  5. Enter List Item
  6. Enter List Item
  7. Enter List Item
  8. Enter List Item
    [/list]
    • Enter List Item
    • Enter List Item
    • Enter List Item
    • Enter List Item
    :Embarrassed::Grin::happy::happy::kiss::rolleyes::shocked::undecided:

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by user2319 on 02-20-2004 at 05:17 PM

quote:
I also added the ability for users to save their posts in a file...it may come in handy for some reason :tongue:
good, good.. Stupid browser x vs y and death of windows threads :tongue:

* user2319 downloads
RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by KeyStorm on 02-20-2004 at 05:30 PM

Can u add the

code:
Color Code
to add free colors to the text? A text field would be ok, but a color palette would be far better :grin:
RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by Jutx on 02-20-2004 at 05:32 PM

Nice prog few suggestions though...

1. Its got a save post button but not an open saved posts button

2. I think it needs the ability to add tags to selected text (like lylesback2 suggested)

Looking good tho

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by user2319 on 02-20-2004 at 06:29 PM

MsgPlusMsmk
Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

:?

* user2319 tries this now: http://sherv.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=...title=Comdlg32.OCX

edit: yay! works now..

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by reisyboy on 02-20-2004 at 06:31 PM

I like it alot im sure it will be used not sure if ill use it though :)

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by dotNorma on 02-24-2004 at 11:03 PM

Hmmm....sorry...ive been sick with the stomach virus for 5 days +o(

Anyway.....I'll plan to add this stuff when i start feeling normal again

• Remove the code bar
  • Add the bold selected text idea
  • Add those codes
  • Bug type of stuff..

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by dotNorma on 02-28-2004 at 02:29 AM

I made it so if you select text and than hit bold the selected text is bolded (well with tags :tongue:)

I added the strikeout tags

I fixed the list bug that choli pointed out...and right now i am adding the [List=a] tags :)

Not released yet but should be in an hour or two

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by Mike on 02-28-2004 at 12:48 PM

Hmmm...Didnt zigomar made like this one first??

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by lizard.boy on 02-28-2004 at 03:49 PM

cough*ass*cough*ugly

and it was barely usable in any resolution under 1024x768

sooooo.. go alec :dodgy: NoName

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by dotNorma on 02-28-2004 at 04:47 PM

Last night I started adding more emoticons in a pop-up menu :) Sorted with sub menus like

Negative >
Postivive >
Icons/Logos >
Chrono >

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by billywoods1 on 02-28-2004 at 05:51 PM

Or, of course, 'positive'. :P

Looks like a nice program, but I think I'll stick with this quick reply box. Like anything that allows you easily to add annoying features, I have a feeling it'll be abused.

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by matty on 02-28-2004 at 06:13 PM

NoName, does your software make the thread or reply to threads or is it just the code? to make it?

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by Choli on 02-28-2004 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ---+[Matty]+---
NoName, does your software make the thread or reply to threads or is it just the code? to make it?
it helps with the code, but you have to copy-paste the code generated from his program to the browser to post here.
RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by chris on 02-28-2004 at 10:24 PM

Is there a way to make a button to copy itself to the quick reply down here?

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by dotNorma on 02-28-2004 at 11:12 PM

I couldnt make it post a reply on the forums without permition from WDZ or Patchou...Besides the feature would be abused :-/ I could make it fill the quick reply...but I will have to figure out how...anyway.

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by Pipish on 02-29-2004 at 04:36 AM

hey good idea that will save me alot of time

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by KeyStorm on 02-29-2004 at 10:30 AM

Btw, now that I noticed. The RC1 doesn't accept strike-out as we know it, now it just show a Copyright symbol (to lazy t look after it).

Well that's what I saw on my board...

wrong --> (C)

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by Choli on 02-29-2004 at 11:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Btw, now that I noticed. The RC1 doesn't accept strike-out as we know it, now it just show a Copyright symbol (to lazy t look after it).

well, but this program is done for these forums, (that accept [s­]) so he shouldn't remove that :P
RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by dotNorma on 02-29-2004 at 05:42 PM

Yes , it is "Msgplus Community Forums Message Maker" not "Keystorm and other random forums message makers".

We have a WDZ :tongue: He can do anything in php if you give him more time than needed :P

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by dotNorma on 02-29-2004 at 07:10 PM

UPDATED 1.00 SP1 Attached to the first post :)

[*] Add tags to selected text
[*] Strikeout tags
[*] Sligtly new look
[*] New "Emoticons" sub menu under the new Emoticons | Tags button
[*] Fixed [/list=1] bug
[*] Changed the [img] button
[*] Changed the

code:
button

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by Jeronimo on 03-01-2004 at 12:03 AM

Useful little program, especially since the reply page takes so long to load :dodgy: ;)

All it needs now is a preview function, and to be able to post to the thread from the program. You upto the challenge NoName? :gfdrin:

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by dotNorma on 03-01-2004 at 12:07 AM

I'm not sure how to do a preveiw but ill think about it and consider all the posibilities.....Perhaps I can do it .... ill just need to figure out how :)

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by frog on 03-01-2004 at 12:09 AM

when you click the italic button in  the latsest relese, it come up with:

code:
[s][/s]

sorry if tis has already been posted
RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by dotNorma on 03-05-2004 at 01:47 AM

UPDATED 1.200.734

Id download :) Once again an interface change that I think will do. Two new tags that I added myself.  Will use a timer and the code bar to replace the msgboxes from now on! I consider this the first official release

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by ThuggishRuggish on 03-05-2004 at 02:05 AM

I loved it but it needs a preview pane like outlook express or something, lets hope Ricelidy and co. dont get a hold of this

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by dotNorma on 03-05-2004 at 02:06 AM

Im working on a preveiw pane :smile: It will be in the next release hopefully :grin:

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by MakaveliThaDon on 03-06-2004 at 02:21 PM

not sure i understand this things purpose?

RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by Choli on 03-06-2004 at 03:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MakaveliThaDon
not sure i understand this things purpose?
these forums have some codes that let you put words in bold, underlined, etc..., you can aling text, quote people, etc... , you can also put smilies with codes like :­wink: :wink: etc... and to remember all that, NoName did that program.
RE: RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by Mike on 03-06-2004 at 09:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
but I will have to figure out how...anyway.

Easy

code:
AppActivate "Post a reply to"
Sendkeys txtMessage.Text

P.S :Quick reply must have focus!!
RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by Choli on 03-06-2004 at 10:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Avon
Easy

code:
AppActivate "Post a reply to"
Sendkeys txtMessage.Text

P.S :Quick reply must have focus!!
how can quick reply have focus if you're clicking a button on his aplication (that means that his application is who has the focus)?

I think it's better to put a button called copy to clipboard. and then the user goes to the browser and Ctrl + V and clicks post reply. Quick and easy.
RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by CookieRevised on 03-07-2004 at 01:27 PM

quote:
how can quick reply have focus if you're clicking a button on his aplication (that means that his application is who has the focus)?
When you press the button you must focus the right browser window, then focus the quick reply box. Easly said, hardly done...
quote:
I think it's better to put a button called copy to clipboard. and then the user goes to the browser and Ctrl + V and clicks post reply. Quick and easy.
yup...
RE: New Program - Messenger Plus! Community Forum Message Maker by dotNorma on 03-10-2004 at 09:22 PM

Well thats how it is right now :) So stop your bickering :P

Of course I could give them 5 seconds to set focus to the reply than paste it....nah :P