Shoutbox

Events log window resizing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Events log window resizing (/showthread.php?tid=21590)

Events log window resizing by The Entomologist on 02-19-2004 at 06:49 PM

Ok, here's the scoop:

I'm running WinXP Pro, MSN 6.1.0207, and the latest version of Plus!

Menu is: Plus!> Event Log Window

OK, so here's what happens: I resize the spaces (Timestamp, User, and Event) so that they are how I like them, but there is lots of extra space in there, so I try downsizing the window (click and drag on the corneer) but that messes up the spacing. Windows doesn't do that to me (in the "details" view in a folder), so I'm assuming that it's something that can be changed in Plus!

I recognize that this isn't a fatal bug, but other entomologists have already discoverd the big stuff....

Thanx!

~The Entomologist

RE: Events log window resizing by Weyzza on 02-19-2004 at 06:58 PM

Is this what you meant?
[Image: attachment.php?tid=21194&pid=198556]
I have noticed this before.

quote:
Originally posted by thekid

Suggestion for Plus!

Patchou, can you make the event log window's bottom border be like the contact list window's?

Because, if you drag the bottom border passing the taskbar, the bottom border would be behind the taskbar.

RE: Events log window resizing by Stigmata on 02-19-2004 at 07:16 PM

and another question for patchou

could the plus close when messenger closes and opens when messenger opens

becuase i opened the event log and i got an error in messenger so it closed messenger, so i tryed to open messenger i got the same error and the event log was still there......

so i restarted the pc and repaired messenger via the installer. and i open messenger and the event log is still there!!!!!!!

is that normal? sorry to bother you fine people and yes i should of made a new thread :P sorry

RE: Events log window resizing by The Entomologist on 02-19-2004 at 07:18 PM

No, what I mean is this: (All I did was re-size the window)

RE: Events log window resizing by Patchou on 02-19-2004 at 08:32 PM

I'm not sure I understand the bug you're reprting, however, if I got it right, it's not a bug but a limitation. Messenger Plus! lets you resize the columns in the event viewer window but it changes the size back to the original proportions if you resize the window (this is to prevent possible column problems).

As for your request jackass_wanabe, I have no idea what you're talking about :p

RE: Events log window resizing by The Entomologist on 02-20-2004 at 02:42 PM

Hmmm....

Windows still lets you change the proportions without changing it when the window changes size....argh, I wish my brother were here, he understands these things all the way down to the nuts and bolts. He'd be more helpful reporting this than I am.

~The Entomologist (Bugs- 2, Entomologist-2)

RE: Events log window resizing by CookieRevised on 02-20-2004 at 03:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Entomologist
Windows doesn't do that to me (in the "details" view in a folder), so I'm assuming that it's something that can be changed in Plus!
There are main 2 types of such list-titlebars in windows... One type is used by the event-log (where the proportions change when you resize the window) and another one is used like for the details-look in Windows Explorer (where the proportions don't change when you resize the window).

Both are standard windows controls. There is nothing home-cooked-lets-make-something-different about it. Although I also prefer the static version of the control instead of the one that is used now...

And if resizing messes up your "proportions". Why not resizing first and then setting the proportions? ;)

quote:
Patchou, can you make the event log window's bottom border be like the contact list window's? Because, if you drag the bottom border passing the taskbar, the bottom border would be behind the taskbar.

^o) Isn't that kind of logic?? If you drag a window behind something, it will be errr... behind it?

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
could the plus close when messenger closes and opens when messenger opens
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21520
RE: Events log window resizing by Weyzza on 02-20-2004 at 06:26 PM

quote:
Orignally posted by CookieRevised
Isn't that kind of logic?? If you drag a window behind something, it will be errr... behind it?

thank you cookie :)
finally someone replied my post

try to compare it with the messenger's main window
it won't be behind the taskbar if you drag over it
RE: Events log window resizing by CookieRevised on 02-20-2004 at 09:41 PM

quote:
try to compare it with the messenger's main window
it won't be behind the taskbar if you drag over it
Yes it will. That is normal Windows beheviour :/ The taskbar is supposed to be on top of everything...
RE: Events log window resizing by Weyzza on 02-20-2004 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Yes it will. That is normal Windows beheviour :/ The taskbar is supposed to be on top of everything...
I'm sorry.

I meant drag the border behind the taskbar, not the window :)
RE: Events log window resizing by CookieRevised on 02-20-2004 at 10:02 PM

the border, the window... It realy is all the same ;) The taskbar is supposed to be on top, so anything you drag behind it will be BEHIND the taskbar... that's normal