Shoutbox

WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible (/showthread.php?tid=21699)

WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by Stigmata on 02-22-2004 at 06:47 PM

quote:
myBB 1.00 Release Candidate 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to release candidate two of the myBulletinBoard software. This version, released on 22nd February 2004 contains many new improvements such as rewriten code, new features and many bug fixes including a potential security risk. It is recommended all users upgrade to benefit these new features and to protect yourself against this hole.

Installation instructions are contained in the /docs/ directory of the archive file you will receive after downloading.

and if you want to download : http://www.mybboard.com/download/?_d=6
RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by bach_m on 02-22-2004 at 06:48 PM

he's working on it. its his highest priority atm

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by GiantSpider on 02-22-2004 at 07:01 PM

so is he going 2 scrap his work on RC1 and start on RC2 or wot

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by Stigmata on 02-22-2004 at 07:07 PM

there was never work on rc1, well there was but, he is guna skip it on go to rc2

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by WDZ on 02-22-2004 at 07:08 PM

I just got online, and I'm downloading it now, or trying to... the download script is still buggy... :p

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by theguy on 02-22-2004 at 07:09 PM

:lol:

Hope the bugs are fixed.

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by Choli on 02-22-2004 at 07:11 PM

Well done!! (at least, trying :refuck:) Anyway, Let's hope all goes well and he makes the update asap ;) Good luck :P

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by WDZ on 02-22-2004 at 07:24 PM

ARGH!

This fucking download script is either telling me my e-mail address is invalid, or isn't sending anything.

I give up for now. I'll be back later to sort this out.

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by Wabz on 02-22-2004 at 07:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
ARGH!

This fucking download script is either telling me my e-mail address is invalid, or isn't sending anything.

I give up for now. I'll be back later to sort this out.

My forums are already updated (3 hours after release i think)

WDZ take ya time though these forums work and are modified anyways :)

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by GiantSpider on 02-22-2004 at 07:43 PM

annoying bugs and it still says RC1 at the bottom

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by KeyStorm on 02-22-2004 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton @ MyBB
+ Mozilla codebuttons compatibility has been completed and will now insert at cursor and around selected text
Yeah, finally! :banana:
RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by surfichris on 02-22-2004 at 08:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
still says RC1 at the bottom
That could be because the community forums are still running RC1?

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Yeah, finally!
Yeah it took a while, and i decided that now that Firefox was my fulltime browser i better fix it :p
RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by bach_m on 02-22-2004 at 08:47 PM

chris: i can't get into community.mybboard.com!

what gives?

RE: RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by GiantSpider on 02-22-2004 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz

I was talking about his forum. And i got in fine Bach
RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by musicalmidget on 02-22-2004 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz

Yeah.  The upgrade to RC2 takes a lot more time to prepare, that's why it took me 3 hours. :p

As well as all DZ's scripts he'll probably have a whole load of templates to back-up as well.  Afterall, we don't want to loose this theme...it's one of the nicest I've ever seen. :tongue:

So, Messenger Plus! Community Forums upgrade to RC2 expected Easter 2005 then? :refuck:
RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by Wabz on 02-22-2004 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
annoying bugs and it still says RC1 at the bottom

Mine doesnt :refuck:

I got a few little bugs but nothing stopping the boards working

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by WDZ on 02-23-2004 at 12:40 AM

Well, I FINALLY got the RC2 file... I'm going to start working on my upgrade preparations later this evening, then all next week (starting tomorrow, Monday) I'll really "get my ass into gear." Hopefully I'll be home alone with no distractions and I'll be able to get some good work done. :banana:

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by bach_m on 02-23-2004 at 12:45 AM

hooray!!!

whats actually to be expected from this upgrade?

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by WDZ on 02-23-2004 at 12:58 AM

So much I forgot. :P

Tons of bug fixes (at least 50, maybe 100+), all the new features from RC1 and RC2 (reputation, PM export, etc.), improved performance and security, some minor features I added such as the signature settings update script, shoutbox auto-refresh, and new tools for moderators, blah blah blah... :S

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by bach_m on 02-23-2004 at 01:12 AM

u fix the thing with the latest posts page not telling me properly what pages i've visited??

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by WDZ on 02-23-2004 at 03:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
u fix the thing with the latest posts page not telling me properly what pages i've visited??
I dunno... wasn't there a thread about it? I never found a problem, and according to the debug script, all your cookies were perfect. I can't fix it if I don't know what's wrong.
RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by Chrono on 02-23-2004 at 04:06 AM

w00t, great wdz i just hope u will upgrade soon enough (before rc3's release :P)

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by WDZ on 02-23-2004 at 04:55 AM

Well, if I don't get done before the RC3 release, I'm not going to care. I'm upgrading to RC2 no matter what. :P

I'm sure I'll be done before the next release though, unless they release it really early for some reason. I've already started working and made some good progress.

RE: WDZ get your ass into gear :P in the nicest way possible by bach_m on 02-23-2004 at 05:02 AM

great! good job DZ.

can't wait for the upgrade, tho i dont really know if it'll be such a drastic change