Shoutbox

Handwriting in msn messenger? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Handwriting in msn messenger? (/showthread.php?tid=21757)

Handwriting in msn messenger? by Chakotay2003 on 02-24-2004 at 02:48 PM

Recently in China, I found a computer program can send handwriting message through msn messenger even if your OS is not the tablet pc windows xp version.

Could it be implemented to MSN messenger plus 3.x ?

See detail at http://www.infopen.com.tw/v2/msn.asp

But it is Chinese only.

Hope Plus could add this feature in 3.x.:D

Though draw in mouse is ugly sometimes, but it is more funny.;)

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Mnjul on 02-24-2004 at 03:11 PM

Anyone who wants I to translate anything in the site (it's a site in Taiwan, Traditional Chinese), please just reply with the sections you need (I'm not online all day anyway:P), as this function does seem interesting...I'll just try to do it:)

Basically the program doesn't patch messenger exe file but I don't think it only uses Windows API Hook. The program perhaps may lead system unstability...haven't installed this 17.7 MB package myself, actually.

By the way, the file you can download from the site is a 30-day trial version, please do not provide a crack or something similar. (Yeah I must admit, some people in Taiwan are terrible pirates:P)

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Chakotay2003 on 02-24-2004 at 03:35 PM

I don't think it will unstablize windows.
I myself have installed the trial version.
It works fine.

Actually, the software just activates the tablet pc windows' feature on msn messenger. So I think could we in the PLUS 3.x activate the feature too?

(Pirates are everywhere, not just Taiwan.)

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Choli on 02-24-2004 at 06:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Anyone who wants I to translate anything in the site (it's a site in Taiwan, Traditional Chinese), please just reply with the sections you need
I need all the page ;)

j/k, but I'd be great if you could translate all :P Anyway, just give a brief summary and comment a bit what those tabs are:
[Image: image003.jpg]
well, you can also comment the screen shots a bit.

thank in advance ;)
RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by TWDman on 02-24-2004 at 06:35 PM

Yeah, i like it handwriting. And what are those tabs? Never seen them before?? Is this only in Chinese MSN Messenger, or is it an addon/plugin ??

//EDIT
This doesnt realy help, does it: English Translation by Babelfish

//EDIT2
hmmm it translations to question marks :/  WEll just go to http://babelfish.altavista.com and enter http://www.infopen.com.tw/v2/msn.asp as website which should be translated

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Chakotay2003 on 02-25-2004 at 12:51 AM

handwriting  ==> Switch to handwriting mode (send message using handwriting)

conversion  ==> Convert the handwriting to keyboard message.

keyboard ==> The original keyboard mode(send message using keyboard)

The stuff makes you use mouse to "draw" handwriting that was only  available on tablet pc windows XP  version on desktop pc windows XP pro or home version.

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Wabz on 02-25-2004 at 08:19 AM

Ah it seems to be very interesting

Maybes a little more advanced than PLus! should be I think this is one that should certainly be left out

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Mnjul on 02-25-2004 at 12:30 PM

Choli:

It's InfoPenOE (For Outlook Express) or InfoPenOL (For Outlook that comes with Micro$oft Office) that adds the handwriting function to OE/Outlook and then additionally provides the handwriting function for MSN Messenger. (Note I say Add, but actually the core of the techonology is .net messenger service's Ink thing)
Like what we had known when Windows Messenger 5 beta version screenshots were revealed, Micro$oft has been designing the Ink function for WM5 and MM6 (-off topic-I remember at that time we didn't know there was sure to be the existence of MSN Messenger 6 and we thought Micro$oft made a typo-off topic-). The functions are not officially provided for Windows XP Home/Pro/MCE but only Tablet PC Edition. I think that Micro$oft didn't itself develop the handwriting technology but cooperated with other company to achieve it...I just wonder if this alternating action is of legality or appropriate (as I mentioned in the ealier post, the program doesn't seem to patch anything but api hooks)...how about Choli your comments?

Oh I forgot...what counts is Patchou himself's comment:P

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Choli on 02-25-2004 at 12:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chakotay2003
conversion  ==> Convert the handwriting to keyboard message.
does that mean it can recognize the handwritten text and convert it to text?
quote:
It's InfoPenOE (For Outlook Express) or InfoPenOL (For Outlook that comes with Micro$oft Office) that adds the handwriting function to OE/Outlook and then additionally provides the handwriting function for MSN Messenger.
so you install InfoPenOE or -OL according to your outlook version and that "enables" (adds) the handwrtting feature to messenger, right?
quote:
but actually the core of the techonology is .net messenger service's Ink thing
i've heard something about it, not too much, though
quote:
how about Choli your comments?
what do I think? It'd be great having that feature. Seems very funny and, although I haven't go a tablet pen (<-not sure if that's its name), I think i'd use it (with the mouse):P

and if I have that, will my contacts need it to receive my handwritten texts?
Btw, if that's legal, Patchou should add this to plus :banana:
RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Mnjul on 02-25-2004 at 01:04 PM

I will as well use the function if it gets coded into Plus! ;) It's awesome, even though my hand-writing pad (well, what it's called in Chinese) is only 640x480 and no pressure-sensitive. ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
and if I have that, will my contacts need it to receive my handwritten texts?
I think your contact may have to have the program to receive the handwritten things.

As I said in advance, the program is downloaded 30-day trial. I wonder if the key to the program functionalities - to "activate" the ink function - is one of the techonologies the company is "selling". If so, consequently, Patchou may not be able to include it Plus! easily or for free.
RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Choli on 02-25-2004 at 03:26 PM

quote:
I wonder if the key to the program functionalities - to "activate" the ink function - is one of the techonologies the company is "selling".
which other ones are they selling?
quote:
If so, consequently, Patchou may not be able to include it Plus! easily or for free.
Why not? because it would be an unfair competition? mmm...:^) I'm sure Patchou can do it.
RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Mnjul on 02-25-2004 at 03:35 PM

I meant that, maybe the technology to activate the handwriting function which didn't officially come with Windows XP Home/Pro/MCE isn't publicly made known 8-)

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
which other ones are they selling?
The integration things, in my opinion... The company have to survive with selling softwares, of course;) It's too rare that Plus! being such a great software is free :P (don't take this serious)
RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Choli on 02-25-2004 at 04:36 PM

quote:
I meant that, maybe the technology to activate the handwriting function which didn't officially come with Windows XP Home/Pro/MCE isn't publicly made known 8-)

I know, but maybe the same way they did their program, Patchou can make plus. And I say maybe, because they spent a lot of time in making that feature work (because it isn't docummented from microsoft) and Patchou doesn't have all that free time.
quote:
The integration things, in my opinion...
Ok. I though that program only added the hadwritting feature.
quote:
It's too rare that Plus! being such a great software is free :P (don't take this serious)
:lol: Patchou: You just read "Plus is a great software", nothing more :P
RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by BooGhost on 02-27-2004 at 01:59 AM

OK i've downloaded and tested :D

Notes:

i don't get the "Convert" function (divides the place to write in 2 parts but can't manage to convert anything :P)

your contact DOES NOT NEED the program to get the "ink messages" (that's the real name)

MSN Messenger 6 (such as Windows Messenger 5) have the ink message support (creation and reception) BUT, the creation will be activated ONLY in Tablet PCs....

What infopen does is activate it, not add (it adds it to outlook though), so i doubt Patchou would get on any trouble by activating it with Plus!

it's kinda stupid, but REALLY fun...

btw the infopen will only "hook" with the MSN Messenger if the runned .exe is called msnmsgr.exe :D

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Banks on 02-28-2004 at 01:19 AM

this makes me REALLY want XP.

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by The_Thief on 02-28-2004 at 02:49 AM

my writing is messy so i wouldn't want people to see it.

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Mike on 02-28-2004 at 10:12 AM

Hmmm cool but on mess.be on the download page they made it somehow to get a picture there!Any suggetion on doing this?:S

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by nlboy on 02-28-2004 at 12:37 PM

it would defenitly be cool if this function was in msgplus, i think if you know how to do this, you can also send pictures in messages, like on the mess screenshot, since that would use the same programming

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 02:38 PM

THIS MUST BE INCLUDED IN PLUS! 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: attachment.php?tid=21785&pid=206736]

THIS IF FUCKING AWESOME!!!

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by noaksey on 02-28-2004 at 05:27 PM

so..ok. what are the exact sys requirements for this program??

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Mnjul on 02-28-2004 at 05:58 PM

You need to have
1. Windows 2000/XP (And I think it works for Svr 2003/Longhorn)
2. MSN Messenger 6.0/6.1
3. Outlook or Outlook Express

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by TWDman on 02-28-2004 at 06:37 PM

Slim Shady, how did you get these tabs in English?

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 06:38 PM

I use English version of MSN Messenger :S

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by TWDman on 02-28-2004 at 06:46 PM

yeah me too, but those tabs appear in english then? I thought these tabs were in chinese too because the installer is in english :) mmm that means im gonna try this program :D

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Mnjul on 02-28-2004 at 07:02 PM

The program activates the function pre-provided in MSN Messenger so it's in the language in which your msgslang.dll is.

But now that Patchou says he wouldn't add this... :rolleyes: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21...d=206793#pid206793

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by aNILEator on 02-28-2004 at 07:47 PM

anyone know where to get the full version the thing on mess.be is a 30 day trial version

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Mnjul on 02-28-2004 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
anyone know where to get the full version the thing on mess.be is a 30 day trial version
You shall not ask for such thing:)
RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by musicalmidget on 02-28-2004 at 09:32 PM

You have to pay if you want to use it for more than 30 days.

There are of course ways around this, but I am not obliged to post them. ;)

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by aNILEator on 02-29-2004 at 12:21 AM

ok i'll rephrase it does anybody know where i could purchase *crack/hack* a serial code the supposed website www.infopen.com.cn doesn't work at all so how are they gonna get their money anyway

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Sk3tch on 02-29-2004 at 01:13 AM

If you want to 'Pay' for the program then in your start menu (if you installed it) should be InfoPen > "How To Register" .. click that :P

But i sugest that you dont pay ;)

Want to know how they did about infopen? by Chakotay2003 on 02-29-2004 at 01:21 AM

http://download.pchome.net/php/tdownload2.php?sid...41.exe&svr=1&typ=0

Originally, the infopen couldn't let you draw in msn messenger.
So, the above file is the patch file to make infopen be able to draw in msn messenger.

It's only about 600kb.

After a while, infopen included this in it's new released version. You don't need the patch any more.

If we want to make msn messenger to draw, I think the patch file is the key.

I'm no computer expert. Hope someone can take a look about this.

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Pure_BY on 02-29-2004 at 02:27 AM

---------------------------
FAIL
InfoPenOE upgrade failed! You need to install InfoPenOE( Version: 3.110.2080.1135 ),and then run MSNPatch again!

InfoPenOL upgrade failed! You need to install InfoPenOL( Version: 3.110.3080.1135 ),and then run MSNPatch again!

OK   

:-/

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Chakotay2003 on 02-29-2004 at 02:43 AM

I said "Originally".........

So that means infopen about version 3.110.2080.1135.

If you have the newer version, you don't and can't use the patch.

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by nlboy on 02-29-2004 at 07:33 AM

quote:
The program activates the function pre-provided in MSN Messenger so it's in the language in which your msgslang.dll is.

Then isnt it possible someone else makes a plugin?, if Patchou isnt going to?
RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Sk3tch on 02-29-2004 at 08:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nlboy
Then isnt it possible someone else makes a plugin?, if Patchou isnt going to?
I dont think its possible in a plugin, however in a stand alone program it is... 
RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Sk3tch on 02-29-2004 at 08:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dannyres
and then somehow (This is what im working on right now) tricks msn into thinking its on WinXP Tablet PC Edition.
It runs silently, enables the 'desabled' ability everytime you open a convosation window with someone. Its actually a tabletPC API, the problem with a plugin is it has to be able to engage the call every time a convosation window is opened, and even though its only enabling it.. its a little more complex to actually do it unfortunetly. Never the less good luck if you want to try :)
RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by aNILEator on 02-29-2004 at 09:51 AM

how do i use this convert thing??? and it says i need a serial code which i don't know where to obtain to purchase the program.

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by reisyboy on 02-29-2004 at 04:06 PM

It is possible todo with MSN Messenger for Plus it must be because Tablet PC does it with the Same MSN Messenger, so there must be away to get it to allow in Plus!. And Patchou said it would be tricking them, seems not in my opinion if its in their already how is it. Anway im probs wrong btu it would be nice :)

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Stigmata on 02-29-2004 at 04:29 PM

it works in outlook but does not work in messenger .............gaaaaaayy

and im using win me.....it works and it dont work :( i only wanted it for messenger :(

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Wabz on 02-29-2004 at 04:53 PM

:blah:  I think in a few days you'll see a small plugin which can do it for you :rolleyes:

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Sk3tch on 02-29-2004 at 08:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
:blah:  I think in a few days you'll see a small plugin which can do it for you :rolleyes:
Yup.. its been done now.. its on mess.be :)

Guess i was wrong about the plugin :^)
RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by kao on 02-29-2004 at 08:33 PM

can also get the plugin at http://kaonet.net :banana:

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by tomfletcherman on 02-29-2004 at 08:41 PM

Does this one run out of free trial?

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by Pure_BY on 02-29-2004 at 09:42 PM

NO! Its just plugin for Plus! and you can use it as long as you want... you will never even notice it after installation!! Just delete all the InfoPens you got and install that one!! :)

RE: RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by eatshitanddie on 08-27-2004 at 05:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
how do i use this convert thing??? and it says i need a serial code which i don't know where to obtain to purchase the program.

if you want the handwriting recognition working, you must install a recog sw as PENREADER or
PENOFFICE2.5 to add that feature on plugin. works nice but much better with a regular tablet with pen (not tabletpc)

[Image: 8000u_pro_01.gif]

Anybody uses infopenOL? quite nice without trial msg.
Anybody uses infopenmsnpro? trial?

RE: Handwriting in msn messenger? by CookieRevised on 08-27-2004 at 09:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eatshitanddie
if you want the handwriting recognition working, you must install a recog sw as PENREADER or
PENOFFICE2.5 to add that feature on plugin. works nice but much better with a regular tablet with pen (not tabletpc)
this is an old thread.... and there are many other threads about this which explain much more and better....

Anyways, all you have to do to activate the reconizer is install 1 more DLL. Nothing more....
see http://www.mongfish.com/msnmsgr/

quote:
Originally posted by eatshitanddie
Anybody uses infopenmsnpro? trial?
There are many people who used InfoPenPro, as this was the new update to InfoPen. (all featured on mess.be a while ago) Although it has some nice new features, it also conflicted with some plugins and even Messenger Plus!. Most people (if not all) uninstalled it again because of that....