Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 3 - news - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Messenger Plus! 3 - news (/showthread.php?tid=21785)

Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Patchou on 02-25-2004 at 03:27 AM

Common asked questions in this thread:

Can Plus! 3 include the handwriting plugin/infopen? Patchou has decided not to include this in Plus! 3.

Can I e-mail you about being a beta tester for the new version? Patchou is not accepting any requests for beta testers at this time, if this changes you'll find out about it on this forum.

When will Plus! 3 be released!?!? That information isnt known yet, but there is one thing certian. When it is, it will be released on these forums first!

This edit was by Johnny_Mac

Hello everyone,

I think it's time for me to give a little more information about the forthcoming version 3 of Messenger Plus!. As a lot of you already know by now, I've been working on the next major release of Messenger Plus! for the past month and it's starting to look sweet. Messenger Plus! 3 is built on the Messenger Plus! 2 engine, which has proven itself the past 14 month to be very reliable (how many of you have seen their Messenger crash or act weird lately? :)). Plugins are also doing well, some of the, are excellent and will be publicized on the new msgplus.net, which will be available at the same time as Plus!3.

As announced previously, the new version focuses on user interfaces. Most of the original windows created one year ago for Plus!2 have already been redesigned, the preferences panel included. The new preferences are better organized, more clear, and with more options. Menus will also be completely redesigned and some simple wizards will be added when justified (meaning that Plus!3 won't be transformed into what I like to call an "are you sure?" program). Existing features that are not very well known currently will be brought to you more explicitly and better integrated in Messenger. This means that most of you will notice a lot of "new" features that were, in fact, available before (but the end-result is the same right? :)).

Of course, despite what some of you are thinking right now, there will be brand new features in Plus!3. I've made some screenshots to show you some of them (see below). I'm doing everything I can to make the new version a must-have for anyone already enjoying Plus!2, and a very appealing software for those who aren't. I'd also like to point out that ZDNet made an official editorial review of Plus!2 last week (available on download.com) where Plus! got the great note of 4/5! the only bad point mentioned was that the number of configuration options can be overwhelming which is ok as I've already taken care of it for the next version :).

If the only question you have in mind is "when?", I can't promise anything yet as there's still a lot of things I want to add, however, I think it's safe to say that the final version will be released sometime at the end of March or at the beginning of April. Here is a list of some of the new features you can expect:
  • Word Filtering, when you receive and when you send (see screenshot).
  • Redesigned Quick Icons with 5 configurable panels, automatic custom emoticons detection, ...
  • Plugin preferences panel to enable/disable/configure plugins differently in each account.
  • More multi-format options: 68 pre-defined colors, special auto-formatting panel, ...
  • Text Search function
  • Helper panels to select commands or enter command parameters while you chat
  • No more permanent chat messed-up. Plus! now has a built-in auto-fix feature that detects placement errors in a chat and fixes them.
  • Auto-accept feature for file transfers and other requests (like web cams). This feature can be enabled for specific contacts only if you want.
  • The Personalised Statuses have been redesigned, the options are more clear and you can choose who receives your automatic message.
  • Quote Sender. This new feature lets you quote anything recently said by one of your contacts, in the easiest way possible.
Again, this is just a preliminary list, there's much more to come. I hope that the 4th year of existence of my little plugin will be as good as the 3 previous ones. Thank you all very much for such a long time support!

Note: all these screens may change before the final version is released.

[Image: colors.png]
New color panel displayed with Ctrl+K

[Image: find.png]
Simple but useful search feature, accessible with Ctrl+F

[Image: plugins.png]
Plugins preferences panel

[Image: wfilter.png]
Word filters, a new feature available in the preferences

[Image: quotes.png]
Another new feature: the Quote Sender
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Chrono on 02-25-2004 at 03:37 AM

:blah: @ Filter: Chrono | Replacement: Chromo :dodgy:

hehe its cool to see some screenshots (Y)
Keep it up Patchou (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by bach_m on 02-25-2004 at 03:38 AM

looks sweet patch!

have u responded to ppl who sent u beta test emails?? or are u just gonna do that when u'r ready?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Patchou on 02-25-2004 at 03:45 AM

I'm just waiting to have a beta ready to send :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by jameseuk on 02-25-2004 at 04:31 AM

Sounds cool, keep up the good work Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by leito on 02-25-2004 at 04:49 AM

(Y) screenshots look good!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by ind3nt on 02-25-2004 at 06:19 AM

excelent work, ive always had trouble trying to explain to other people what to do to get to the features in plus! this will be 1000x easier by the sounds of it

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by yocoolboy on 02-25-2004 at 06:49 AM

Hi Patchou.
I notice your Word Filtering function in MSG Plus 3. Are you able to make it so that it can also filter nicknames or display names? Cos it is quite insulting to see that the F*** word on my display screen when my parents are here. They will ask who's that and why is he so rude etc. Thank you very much.

Well Done for MSG Plus 3!

And er... personal comments... I know many people will say I can use the custom names etc but this is my pure request. No offence please. :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Sk3tch on 02-25-2004 at 06:58 AM

Sooner then i expected :)

i can tell with all the new user interface that you have been working hard as always lol, but i didnt know about all the new features as well. :o

I’m glad that the word filter and other requested features have been put in and especially like the new plugin interface, that will defiantly be useful. But most of all i like the Find Text feature, i know thats going to be useful because i always find myself searching for something i had said before but couldn’t find it :P

Great work on Plus! (y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by kittyangel on 02-25-2004 at 06:59 AM

This is super!  Well done, Patchou.  The screenshots look great.  keep up the great work! :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Chrono on 02-25-2004 at 06:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by yocoolboy
Hi Patchou.
I notice your Word Filtering function in MSG Plus 3. Are you able to make it so that it can also filter nicknames or display names? Cos it is quite insulting to see that the F*** word on my display screen when my parents are here. They will ask who's that and why is he so rude etc. Thank you very much.

[12:37:31 a.m.] Chrono, Quié: can the filter replace the words in ur
                nickname ? :P
[12:39:13 a.m.] Patchou: it could, but I've disabled it for names
                because I dont see the point :)
[12:39:26 a.m.] Chrono, Quié: Ok
[12:39:56 a.m.] Chrono, Quié: ah u can use custom names already :P
[12:41:11 a.m.] Patchou: yep, thats right, thanks for giving me an
                argument for next time someone asks me for filters in
                the names :p
[12:41:22 a.m.] Chrono, Quié: lol

u can already use the custom names feature to change ur contact's nickname, even in the conversation window

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by yocoolboy on 02-25-2004 at 07:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Hi Patchou.

[12:37:31 a.m.] Chrono, Quié: can the filter replace the words in ur
                nickname ? :P
[12:39:13 a.m.] Patchou: it could, but I've disabled it for names
                because I dont see the point :)
[12:39:26 a.m.] Chrono, Quié: Ok
[12:39:56 a.m.] Chrono, Quié: ah u can use custom names already :P
[12:41:11 a.m.] Patchou: yep, thats right, thanks for giving me an
                argument for next time someone asks me for filters in
                the names :p
[12:41:22 a.m.] Chrono, Quié: lol

u can already use the custom names feature to change ur contact's nickname, even in the conversation window

wow that was sure fast. yar... i do agree with patchou, but my contacts and many of our other contacts only put those vulgarites for a short period of time. so if i were to use custom names, i would have to check again and again to see if they've removed it and it is very troublesome... (maybe for me...) but anyway, i will respect patchou's decision and continue to use MSG Plus....

Thanks for e fast reply and ooh can u please help me congratulate Patchou on his nice work? I have many friends using MSG Plus and I bet they will like this new version!!!
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Chrono on 02-25-2004 at 07:19 AM

quote:
Thanks for e fast reply and ooh can u please help me congratulate Patchou on his nice work? I have many friends using MSG Plus and I bet they will like this new version!!!
lol he will be reading this thread often so... :wink:
And u were lucky that i asked him the same thing some hours ago :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Huuf on 02-25-2004 at 08:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'm just waiting to have a beta ready to send :)

You have to do something not wait :P (j/k)

The new features sounds good
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Sypher on 02-25-2004 at 09:34 AM

Lookin' Great Patchou :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Dempsey on 02-25-2004 at 09:34 AM

Hey,

I was wonder if Messenger Plus! 3 will bring any chnages to the Plugin system?  Will will have to recompile our plugins with new header files agin?

Or will their be new features for Plugin developers?

Dempsey  :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by CookieRevised on 02-25-2004 at 09:39 AM

Since there is going to be a plugin panel. Maybe adding the option to reload all the plugins would be nice...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by segosa on 02-25-2004 at 10:30 AM

Wow. Those are really great improvements.. some features I've always wanted but never asked you :D . The new interfaces look really nice too (of what I can see) :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by theguy on 02-25-2004 at 10:48 AM

Good job Patchou.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by bach_m on 02-25-2004 at 12:01 PM

and maybe it'll be easier to uninstall plugins (yn)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Mnjul on 02-25-2004 at 12:10 PM

:O great jobs, Patchou (Y)

* Mnjul is looking forward to the beta (which I can get may be the one for the translators)

And I'm going to translate Plus! on version 3 for Patchou soon :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-25-2004 at 12:21 PM

Patchou, you are GOD!!

THIS IS SO FUCKING AWESOME!!! MAN I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HART :| :'(

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Wabz on 02-25-2004 at 01:54 PM

It is amazing Patchou once again it looks like you've exceeded yourself!

* Wabz waits eagerly for the first beta email to arrive

:banana:  <--- thats  just coz i'm excited

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Dempsey on 02-25-2004 at 01:58 PM

i dont suppose any more beta testers are needed are they ?:P

Dempsey

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by lizard.boy on 02-25-2004 at 01:59 PM

patchou can you either still keep the hidden regestry entrys or make a way to disable the huge color panel and replace it with the old one? looks like overkill to me?

another suggestion would be to automatically add the custom emoticons to the ( menu

keep it up :)

*cough*more*cough*eggs*cough :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by s7a5 on 02-25-2004 at 03:15 PM

waw ! really nice idea of redesighning and make it more simple in use. Great job :D
edit: how about an option of making the toasts transparent ? 8o|

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by BooGhost on 02-25-2004 at 05:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
i dont suppose any more beta testers are needed are they ?:P

i hope they are :D

all the "news" features look great :D

and about the color one... i can't see it :p

btw nice "chrono" to "chroMo" thing :lol:
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Stigmata on 02-25-2004 at 05:17 PM

better looking event log?

any how looks great, and nice to see gfd has work to do :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by tomfletcherman on 02-25-2004 at 06:23 PM

Its looking really good, so keep up the good work. So much has been covered i don't have any suggestions. So now i've got to think of some, hmmmmmmmmm

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Patchou on 02-25-2004 at 06:33 PM

Don't worry for the plugins, they are always backward compatible. If you want to use the new features of the plugins (like the Config event). Enabling/disabling plugins takes effect next time you sign-on. This is done to prevent plugins to "freak-out".

As for the color panel, it is small enough, there's no overkill at all. The old panel was just ugly and had to go :).

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Dempsey on 02-25-2004 at 06:39 PM

so what is the config event?  and is there any other new plugin stuff apart from the disableing?

Dempsey

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by fluffy_lobster on 02-25-2004 at 06:44 PM

:O :drool: looks slick patchou (Y)

and :lol: at Chromo :gfdrin:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by bach_m on 02-25-2004 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
so what is the config event?  and is there any other new plugin stuff apart from the disableing?

Dempsey

u'll find out soon enuff :P

and will the word replacer have take wildcards???
i can think of a funny prank :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Stigmata on 02-25-2004 at 07:21 PM

lol if they say it will it change? will they see if it changes?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Sypher on 02-25-2004 at 08:10 PM

Patchou, Maybe it's a good idea to add a thingie to the 'auto accept for pre-set users' to have a field where you can enter where the files of that person is stored..

Like: joe@his.isp sends test.doc, I did set-up  a path (c:\Joe) and that he stores his test.doc inside c:\joe (like i set-up)

I hope you understand :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by musicalmidget on 02-25-2004 at 08:45 PM

Wow, I wasn't expecting news like this, it's very pleasing indeed.

I look forward to hearing more soon. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by warreng on 02-25-2004 at 09:34 PM

Great work Patchou, your a legend, we all love your work.
Though, I just realised somthing when i was fiddling with the personal status .... um, you can define shortcuts for pre-defined status's, why not, signing out, sign in, going offline/online etc. ... i guess in this case, you might consider makeing another section in 'Personalised Status' (Shortcuts) for these personised keyboard shortcuts. OR evan have these in 'Predefined' but with Suffix and Messenger Status shaded.

Anyways mate, I'm sure it gets a little annoying hearing all these suggestions, making it seem you'l never get msgplus! finished, unless your not considering a final at all, that would be cool also!
Hey! I'l understand if you want to brush me off, if you didn't, version 3 would never get done.
But i hope you'd consider this.

Get back to work lazy bum! :P

:D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by bach_m on 02-25-2004 at 09:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warreng
signing out, sign in, going offline/online

/signout
/appearoffline
/online

quote:
Get back to work lazy bum!
thats WDZ :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by DXtremz on 02-25-2004 at 10:09 PM

Sounds great Patchou, can't wait for the beta :)

[no subject] by buqingzi on 02-25-2004 at 10:29 PM

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Choli on 02-25-2004 at 10:57 PM

:O I'm surprised... The screen shots look very nice, Patchou!
I hope there is a beta soon to see all those new features (if you allow me to be a beta-tester). If not, I'll have to wait until you release the translators version...

Btw, will the Chrono to Chromo replacement be enabled by default :refuck:? It'd be a great idea.

j/k :chrongue:

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by warreng on 02-25-2004 at 11:02 PM

quote:

/signout
/appearoffline
/online

No dah, but you can have shortcuts for your own /blah (custom suffix) events also, why not shortcuts for normal status's like /online but just keyboard .... like when your not chatting to someone. You can use a keyboard shortcut to for example say your away sleeping, but not say ctrl+o for online, ctrl+f for offline etc.

I also say custom keyboard shortcuts, cause it may interfer with other program shortcuts like winamp where you don't have to have winamp to be the active window to use the shortcuts.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Concord Dawn on 02-25-2004 at 11:40 PM

You the man Patchou!

I was wondering if I could become a beta tester.

*chaos_grenade hopes that he can beta test Plus!3*

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by lizard.boy on 02-25-2004 at 11:58 PM

i dont see why you guys even bother to post that you would like to be a beta tester. patchou only chooses people he trusts/knows semi well.

[spam]patchou pick me![/spam]

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-26-2004 at 12:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
i dont see why you guys even bother to post that you would like to be a beta tester. patchou only chooses people he trusts/knows semi well.
Well, i remember, when Plus! 2 was under construction, Patchou did ask for beta testers... Now he didn't, but a lot of newbies, people who just joined community post summtin like: "i hope i will be beta tester"... I think that latest beta-testers of Plus! 2 will be beta-testers of Plus! 3... At least there will be enough of good old trustfull people :)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by lylesback2 on 02-26-2004 at 12:50 AM

patchou and his side to side aligning :P  (yes ive noticed, you do it alot lol)

btw.. can't wait for MP!3

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by bostonfax on 02-26-2004 at 01:00 AM

SUGGESTION: A quote feature!! More often than not I quote something a user has said in the current conversation. I think it would be nice to have it.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-26-2004 at 01:16 AM

Yeah, thats a good suggestion! And i know a simple way to include it: if you press CTRL+[up errow] you get a list with number of last messages YOU send... Add recieved messages to that list in another color ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Weyzza on 02-26-2004 at 08:59 AM

MP!3, eh?

I hope it will be released in March....
This should be March's Phenomenon!

Nice screenshots.
If it's possible, would you also post the screenshot of preferences?

Way to go, Patchou!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Dj Zeraja on 02-26-2004 at 08:22 PM

(Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Kink on 02-26-2004 at 08:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou [Edited].....
[*]The Personalised Statuses have been redesigned, the options are more clear and you can choose who receives your automatic message...... [Bit more editing]

FANTASTIC!!!! My first post was about the possibilty of this feature and now it's about to become a reality :o)
Can't wait for the changes..... and can't work out why EVERY msn user doesn't use Plus.....

It's the dog's ******** :P

Cheers Patchou !! (Y)(Y)(Y)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by federicox on 02-26-2004 at 10:00 PM

Hello Patchou!

I am from Venzuela and i'm interested in translating Messenger Plus! 3 to Spanish (Venezuela)

what do I have to do?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Choli on 02-26-2004 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by federicox
Hello Patchou!

I am from Venzuela and i'm interested in translating Messenger Plus! 3 to Spanish (Venezuela)

what do I have to do?
I think he won't add that traslation because we already have 2 translations into spanish: the latin one and the spain one. However you can test them and post comments or errors and the translators will fix them.

Hola, ya hay 2 traducciones al español: la de españa y la de latinoamerica. Creemos que con esas 2 ya se cubren las principales diferencias entre ambas variantes del mismo idioma (español). En tu caso, la traduccion al español de venezuela seria muy similar a la traduccion a español latino, que se ha hecho para todos los hispano hablantes de sudamerica.
Sim embargo, puedes revisar esa traduccion y postear comentarios y errores sobre ella cuando quieras. El encargado de la traducción se hara cargo de corregirlos.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Dane on 02-26-2004 at 10:55 PM

Hmm...I must echo that I am so excited for Plus! 3.  Dont ask, anywayz, Maybe we'll see a Configuration Wizard?  I think that was posted somewhere below.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Alpha Binary on 02-26-2004 at 11:33 PM

can't wait to see it ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by davidusum on 02-27-2004 at 12:46 AM

Hello pactchou I'm from Ontario canada and i'm11 years old  just a big fan of msg plus!  ii'm really excited about the next version it looks awesome oops did i say awesome i mean extremely 'awesome i can't wait :D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pinchichuv on 02-27-2004 at 01:10 AM

when is the launching date?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by BooGhost on 02-27-2004 at 01:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jchichuv
when is the launching date?
do not double post....

adn if yuo read a bit you'd know it'd be between March and aprill ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Patchou on 02-28-2004 at 07:48 AM

I thought you might like to see a new feature I just finished... the screen will look better in the final but I'm sure some of you will love the idea (that's one of the suggestions that come back regularly).

[Image: quotes.png]

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Chrono on 02-28-2004 at 07:54 AM

yay Seg is famous :lol:
Nice to see that feature (Y) it will be quite useful (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by segosa on 02-28-2004 at 07:58 AM

Yes! wee I'm famous! :P tis a great feature

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Stigmata on 02-28-2004 at 08:24 AM

yeh your famous :) and your saying something clever which is a added bonus.........

idea for the quote feature?

open chat logs with it, and then you could search for the word you want with the quoter....say i was talking to segosa [ famous again :P ] and yesterday he said something, but today he said he didnt, all i would do would be to open the quoter, open the log file i wanted.. then key words search

sorry for adding to your todo list :P

but i would like that feature if its ok

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 01:09 PM

How to get that screen appear? It looks very very cool but I still think that just CTRL+[Up Errow] will be easiest, although this seems to have much more features.

But yo, usually you are not quoting something that was said half an hour ago, usually you're quoting only last 1-3 messages of your contact, so i think that it's best to include BOTH ways (that new advanced window and CTRL+[Up Eroow])

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 01:25 PM

quote:
From Mess.be:
MSN Messenger 6 is all about "expressing yourself" and from now on you can also send just about anything you draw with your mouse directly as an instant message -so-called "ink message"- to your contacts! ... Your contacts don't need this software installed to receive the images...

[Image: attachment.php?tid=21785&pid=206736]

Can this be included in next Plus! ?? :|
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Dempsey on 02-28-2004 at 01:27 PM

i think Plus should be able to do this, as all it has to do is call some API's.  I think it makes Messenger think its running on a tablet pc.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 01:28 PM

Yeah, i'm sure not more than that! Platchou PLEASE do it! :|

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Bugz on 02-28-2004 at 01:31 PM

if there's one option that should be added in the next plus! it should be this for sure

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by davidusum on 02-28-2004 at 01:42 PM

Yeah it would be cool to have infopen in Msg Plus! :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Choli on 02-28-2004 at 02:16 PM

quote:
the screen will look better in the final but I'm sure some of you will love the idea
it looks nice now, but the better it looks the better software;)
quote:
Originally posted by SLim Shady
Can this be included in next Plus! ??
there was a thread about it. search it. I can't do it now :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by segosa on 02-28-2004 at 02:36 PM

oh my god, Patchou! MsgPlus would probably have it's downloads boosted by 200% if you included this!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 02:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
there was a thread about it. search it. I can't do it now :P
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21...d=206760#pid206760 thanx :)

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
oh my god, Patchou! MsgPlus would probably have it's downloads boosted by 200% if you included this!
haha :D, you are right, some of people who dont want to install Plus! (yeah i got such idiots in my list :S) will do it fo' sho' for this feature only :)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by lizard.boy on 02-28-2004 at 04:03 PM

i think patchou may leave that fetaure out because of the compatition with the other company that spent "3 years" [?] on it well maybe not because he would only have to enable it for messenger through the api's

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 04:34 PM

The other company may say nothing as it is not their idea, its idea of Microsoft, and it also runs on Microsoft engine. All that drawing stuff is a part of MSN Messenger 6. They can't complain about Patchou enabling something disabled by Microsoft, you know... It's not their business.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by segosa on 02-28-2004 at 04:49 PM

The whole thing is part of MSN Messenger, the program we use (InfoPen) is made for Outlook Express or Outlook (It adds drawing features to that) it only enables the TabletPC OS Ink Messages to MSN Messenger as an extra. The whole drawing interface, everything, is already in MSN Messenger, InfoPen doesn't actually add it itself.

Patchou should be able to enable it, you've seen what he can do with MSN Messenger so far, there's almost nothing he can't do. It's just a case of him thinking this is a good enough feature to add!

lizard.boy: regedit.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Patchou on 02-28-2004 at 05:27 PM

bhaaa.. I'm posting a bout a new feature and you only want me to add another one.... :p. I won't trick Messenger into doing something it's not supposed to do and I'm sure Microsoft will enable it themselves in their next major version update so don't worry about it, you'll have it :).

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by lizard.boy on 02-28-2004 at 05:32 PM

1. it is supposed to have the draw/write feture. but they disable it on everything except tablet pc
2. why would they?
3. is there something i'm missing?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by billywoods1 on 02-28-2004 at 05:36 PM

Anyone realised that this ink program is damn near 20mb? :P

Anyway, congratulations Patchou, really looking forward to the next version! Hope you still have some beta testing places free, if so please consider me... if not, don't worry, it'll be just as good when it's released. ;)

quote:
bhaaa.. I'm posting a bout a new feature and you only want me to add another one....
Of course! Where would Plus! be without our encouragement? (And your coding ability, willpower, determination...) ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 05:41 PM

Patchou, if you not gonna add tjis feature to Plus! 3, you must at least release a crack for 30-day trial version of InfoPen! 8o|
j/k ;)

quote:
I won't trick Messenger into doing something it's not supposed to do
Errr... Excuse me... that's what you been doin' since MSN Messenger 3 :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Mickey_mouse on 02-28-2004 at 05:52 PM

when's it likely to be out?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 06:01 PM

My god... Did you read the FIRST post in this thread? :P

quote:
By Patchou:
I can't promise anything yet as there's still a lot of things I want to add, however, I think it's safe to say that the final version will be released sometime at the end of March or at the beginning of April.
P.S. Can someone edit Patchou's post and make that part red? :P

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by segosa on 02-28-2004 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Patchou, if you not gonna add tjis feature to Plus! 3, you must at least release a crack for 30-day trial version of InfoPen! 8o|
j/k ;)

quote:
I won't trick Messenger into doing something it's not supposed to do
Errr... Excuse me... that's what you been doin' since MSN Messenger 3 :P

That's true! Patchou you have done everything to MSN Messenger! What are you talking about, don't contradict yourself!
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 06:21 PM

Patchou, you see how much fun you'll spoil for all the people after 30-day-trial expires? Btw, Plus! is to come out about in 30 days (from ur own words :D)

So... PLEEEEASE do it! :)

You removed banner, right? :P You added colors, right? Whats the difference, especially if feature is already there ;)

Btw, i heard you sayin' long time ago that you might add a feature that will send photos in convo window, not notmal file transfer... just the same way as this Ink messages... At least you said you'll concider it as one of suggestions (btw i was the one who suggested that... long before MP!2 final) :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Jeronimo on 02-28-2004 at 06:23 PM

It would be nice to have this inside Plus. I don't really like having to run an extra program.

However if its hard to do, or adds 18Mb to the size of Plus, its not worth it :)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by segosa on 02-28-2004 at 06:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo
It would be nice to have this inside Plus. I don't really like having to run an extra program.

However if its hard to do, or adds 18Mb to the size of Plus, its not worth it :)

The 18MB (!) is mainly for Outlook express "drawing" support.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 06:26 PM

I agree about 18 MB size, but i dont agree that there is anything TOO hard for Patchou to do... he got skills, he can do everything if he want to :D

<edit>
Segosa got a point in that too :D (Y)(Y)
</edit>

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by lizard.boy on 02-28-2004 at 06:28 PM

patchou howabout official plugins for plus? so that users dont have to have all the options but they can be installed?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 06:30 PM

Patchou said that some plugins will be published on msgplus.net, but i dont think something like this can be done with a plugin... if i'm wrong, pls correct me...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by lizard.boy on 02-28-2004 at 06:31 PM

i know that i meant a plugin by patchou that is able to do this.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 06:34 PM

Nah, the problem is that Patchou does not want to add this feature... if he would want he will just include it in Plus! 3...

So go'n'join us with Segosa in "chaning-Patchou's-mind" team :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by user503 on 02-28-2004 at 07:57 PM

removed

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by ShawnZ on 02-28-2004 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
yeh your famous :) and your saying something clever which is a added bonus.........

idea for the quote feature?

open chat logs with it, and then you could search for the word you want with the quoter....say i was talking to segosa [ famous again :P ] and yesterday he said something, but today he said he didnt, all i would do would be to open the quoter, open the log file i wanted.. then key words search

sorry for adding to your todo list :P

but i would like that feature if its ok

idea

automaticly add all log files to the list, but u have to scroll up in the list to see them.

also u could use a interface simillar to the quoter to view the log files, by choice of cource (i.e. "[  ] Use the advanced log viewer as opposed to Notepad" )
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by ShawnZ on 02-28-2004 at 08:21 PM

i dont know much about programming, but im sure its possible to add the ink feature with plugins? even if they are not supported by patchou, they would still work right? and the plugins are just normal DLL's with speical additions for commands and menus, arent they? and if anyone had a tablet pc, cant they just get the dll's from there, or rip them from the setup of infopen?

this is a required feature!!

also, how bout support for transferring bitmaps with a little modification to the tablet pc dlls?, and if you can mod the dlls can you like make a hook or something, to automaticly draw out the bitmap to the typing box?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by user503 on 02-28-2004 at 08:28 PM

removed

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by billywoods1 on 02-28-2004 at 09:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shawnz
i dont know much about programming, but im sure its possible to add the ink feature with plugins?
Nope. (Edit: apparently so :$)

Anyway, I don't want Plus! to jump to 25mb. Don't care what connections you have.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by martin on 02-28-2004 at 09:25 PM

hey Patchou, me member reading that u were working on making auto-hide, me wonderin u u ever gots it workn, if so well it be in Plus! 3 :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by king_of_cool_kids on 02-28-2004 at 09:32 PM

yeah. autohide would be good cause I hate having to minamize and maxamize ect each time, so if you could make an auto hide msn and plus then it would be even cooler. Are you able to mkae this or does it affect the msn program too much??

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Choli on 02-28-2004 at 10:39 PM

quote:
So go'n'join us with Segosa in "chaning-Patchou's-mind" team
* Choli joins with you.

Patchou, change your mind... Patchou, change your mind... Patchou, change your mind...

Seriously, please, Patchou add it ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by user503 on 02-28-2004 at 10:47 PM

removed

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by chris on 02-28-2004 at 10:48 PM

quote:
So go'n'join us with Segosa in "chaning-Patchou's-mind" team
* chris joins too!
well if ya dont add its its all good Plus Is already great tha way it is:) and if they add it later ited be kinda werid. it seems liek they woudl if they already have tha stuff in the msglang.dll but i really like this? how hard could it be :o (dont awnser that cuz i know it could be kinda hard lol) but anyways good work.. keep it up(Y)
edit: 1000 Post
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by lizard.boy on 02-28-2004 at 10:56 PM

or make it itentified as a plugin in the maniger if the user has teh tablet pc dlls on the computer already

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-28-2004 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
or make it itentified as a plugin in the maniger if the user has teh tablet pc dlls on the computer already
^ good idea!

Patchou, give us some technical info about this... PLEASE!!
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Patchou on 02-28-2004 at 11:16 PM

I will NOT add it, don't post another 30 posts to insist lol. If Microsoft wanted to give you access to this feature, they would have already, and I'm sure they will soon (if they don't, I'll reconsider). I already have way too many things to do in Plus!3, wayyyyy too many stuff on my list.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Dane on 02-28-2004 at 11:43 PM

quote:
I will NOT add it, don't post another 30 posts to insist lol. If Microsoft wanted to give you access to this feature, they would have already, and I'm sure they will soon (if they don't, I'll reconsider). I already have way too many things to do in Plus!3, wayyyyy too many stuff on my list.
We dont want Plus! to be like InfoPen and be like, 20MB.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Mnjul on 02-29-2004 at 01:13 AM

Boys (well, girls too): Would you stop discussing about the addition of this feature please?...As Patchou has expressed himself:) We wouldn't want to see this thread closed long before Plus! 3 gets released, right? :)
If you want to talk about the feature itself, you may continue in this thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21757

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by sock on 02-29-2004 at 02:12 AM

I couldn't read the entire thread (it's long!:|), but I skimmed through it all.
I have 3 things to say:

1. Congrats and good luck, Patchster. :happy:

2. Umm, about the quoter thingie, will it be possible to just insert the quote into the IM editbox and add some text after the quote, or will it automatically send the quote as a message? :huh: Because I'd really prefer the first option. :p

3. I think that using the Ink thingie when you have a keyboard is pretty stupid, and a waste of Internet resources. :p But anyway, I was thinking..... Are those Ink thingies vector-based, or are they actual images? Because if they're images, that means MSN Messenger 6.1 (or 6.x?) has a built-in support for sending and displaying images in conversation windows.... which means it would be theoretically possible to show people images inside IM windows. :shocked: So it could be a nice thing to try out, Patch. :chrongue:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by nus on 02-29-2004 at 02:42 AM

It sounds great Patchou, I hope you remeber one feature that you have promised so many time ago. Im keep  waiting

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by brianjdupuis on 02-29-2004 at 02:51 AM

Two things I wont to talk about:

1.Patchou You are a true Hero, and I think we all appreciate all the HARD work you have done for us to make Msn Messenger a better peice of software!!

2. Second part I want to talk to you about Patchou is My idea about Auto-Accepting that I put forward to you, i'm not sure if you didn't go back and read the rest of the forum and the suggestions made about it but I think you should include a password and you give the users you want access to lets say the web cam it would ask for a password and they would have to type it in..... this would be a good security feature!

P.S: wondering if I could be abeta tester to see how you went about my feature! and if I can get credit for it!

Again Thank you!!
Brian D

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by warreng on 02-29-2004 at 04:59 AM

blah blah blah blah blah, I've been following this thread on since its started. All this issue over file size when downloading with new features etc. Patchou mate, if this issue also concerns you and I'm sure it bothers others too that when you add more and more features, the greater the size of the download gets.

Its been my understanding that the more people request an addon the more it would make it easier for them to:
1) select which ones they want (personalise installation) and
2) make them themselves (simple scripting language)

--------------------1------------------------
This can be easily solved with the following ideas I got in conjuction with Macromedia's Central, create a plugins menu, simple window within MSN Plus! where the menu or whatever is actually a page on the internet listing the available plugins. Further more, have it so that users have to login (Same accounts as for forums etc, so they can keep track on what plugins they have installed. That way, developors can see whos downloaded and whos using them. (ie success rate).
Now! with this new menu system, you can leave all the features seperate (addons) and people can select which ones they want to install and browse the ones that are newly available. Since these are seperate from plus! than the default file size for plus! would be minimal.

I hope someone is following me with this...

Basically, addon feature (already been done). But with the added ability to browse the ones available and the ones already default with msn plus! converted into plugins.

I love what you do Patchou, I seriously do. But its my opinion that the more features you make 'default' in the plus! becomes irrelivant to most, (bos protection, cause majority don't chat at work) unless its used all the times, like colours etc. The rest is just taking up space. I like the idea of being able to browse plugins through plus!, add/remove the ones I personally don't need.

--------------------2------------------------
I feel I have to also comment on the addon feature (dlls). I think its brillient for developers, but not all together easy to understand for people like me that havn't taken the time to learn 'visual basic or visual c++' because of various time contraints. What there needs to be is a simple scripting language where you can write it in a simple text editor (like what you can with html, php and mirc) so theres no need for compilers etc.
Of course unlike mirc/others there would still be a need to call dlls for advanced users. But I would like to be able to do a simple script without having to go through the process of learning a visual language. Later on, you might consider a basic WYSIWIG.

----------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, it was also said that there was a feature to leave message for people when they are offline, and that message will be sent when they come back. If thats the come-back message, than I hope it'l be updated in the v3.0. I think that setting it to message the person, EVERYTIME they come online is a little redundant unless you want to annoy them. Unless of cause you want to say Hello to that person as soon as they come online, everytime, than thats ok too. Just think that there should be an option to auto disable the auto message once its been sent once. Like a times to send the message box (# Times, 0 for infinite). Also, if thats the case for setting a message for someone everytime they come online, you might as well make it editable when the person is currently Online, as opposed only be able to edit it when they are not online.

I'd also like to offer myself to be a beta tester.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by king_of_cool_kids on 02-29-2004 at 08:36 AM

I have another idea. How about if patchou has them on his servers and during install it ask what you would like to install, eg: handwriting (even though your not going to use this, it is just an example) and stuff, and have msgPlus! app automaticly ticked. This would make it posible for high speed internet user to download the things if they like, and slow spped internet users only have to download the less than 5mb file or however big it is.

Text Picture:

MsgPlus! Installation

Please choose the following to download and install:

[Ticked and fadded so no one can untick it]  Basic MsgPlus! application
[Not Ticked] Drawing Tool
[Not Ticked] Any other thing bigger than 5mb that patchou might make.

What do you think??

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by warreng on 02-29-2004 at 09:23 AM

oh yes, btw, i also meant that Macromedia Central has somthing similar, not: 'in conjunction'. Poor choice of words. But yes, king_of_cool_kids, thats ok. Basically what i meant, is to choose what features you want to install after you've installed the "base" plus! program, so everything else is like an addon, than you choose which ones you want to install, download and etc.... basically what microsoft windows update does. but with the option to remove the addon at any time.

Fortunatly, Patchou has already gone through the process of having an addon feature, its just a matter of turning all the other added features into addons, and that way choosing which ones people would like to install.
The benefit of this is:
Easier on patchou so he doesn't need to recompile msn plus! all the time, but make additions in the form of addons.
More configurable so people can choose which features they want/need/would be nice to have.
Small file size for default download. Its just a matter of choosing which features should stay as the default additions.

But I really have to stress on the importance of having a scripting system, it could greatly expand the usefulness of plus! and messenger for not just 'visual language' developers but for general computer users alike. As long as there's a help file thats easy to understand and full of useful functions. I would gladly help in anything from design, layout and actually doing it myself.

Hell, if i could programme c++ I would make a scripting editor feature for plus! myself. I seriously tried, and failed. But I'm sure someone out there could see how this could benefit plus!/messenger.

AND! it would make messenger more fun :)

ps. I think that drawing in chat windows would be cool.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by user503 on 02-29-2004 at 09:39 AM

removed

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Stigmata on 02-29-2004 at 09:52 AM

that idea back down there was good about extra stuff server based. but with that config you fire wall and add a extra program and we get a new lovely hacker on our servers....

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by warreng on 02-29-2004 at 10:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dannyres
warreng Its a good idea, but if theres one thing I really hate, is having to download a file thats 500kb, just to download somemore files!  It really pisses me off. :P...

Dan

I'd have to agree, however I still feel strongly about activating and de-activating features. Purhaps the idea could be work on a bit but i still think its a good idea.

quote:
that idea back down there was good about extra stuff server based. but with that config you fire wall and add a extra program and we get a new lovely hacker on our servers....

I don't fully understand what you just said, speak english.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Choli on 02-29-2004 at 12:13 PM

The installation of Plus can't rely on some files be at the server. What would happen if the server goes down? And what if the user can't connect to the Internet when s/he want to install Plus?. The best is have all inside a single exe installation file, as it's now.

About the ability of select what feature to install, I don't agree with that. People will complain saying: "hey this doesn't work for me" just because they didn't installed that feature. Remember, people install thing too fast (next, next, agree, intall), without reading and they don't remember they didn't install that.

Also, if I'm not wrong, there will be a section at msgplus.net where people would be able to download plugins.

About the scripting language. People would have to learn it, so why not learn VB (or VC)? VB is very easy and you have the templates needed to compile the pluging. Including that feature into Plus would increase its size and using that you won't be able to do everythig you can do with "real" plugings. It would provide limited features. Also, someone made a pluging that offers a similar feature: It executes vbs files. Search it. It should be somewhere.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by warreng on 02-29-2004 at 12:42 PM

quote:
The installation of Plus can't rely on some files be at the server.

I never said anything of the sort

quote:
People will complain saying: "hey this doesn't work for me" just because they didn't installed that feature.

I said download it through plus! so plus! would know what to do with it, how to install it, where etc. (not in so many words, but thats how i meant it)

quote:
Also, if I'm not wrong, there will be a section at msgplus.net where people would be able to download plugins.

ahha I know.

quote:
About the scripting language. ....... Including that feature into Plus would increase its size

not by much if it was a "plugin"

quote:
and using that you won't be able to do everythig you can do with "real" plugings. It would provide limited features.

I entirely disagree and even if it was true, most of the high end shit wouldn't be necessary for just a few scripts that you can do for events such as on text message, on messenger start, on window close etc.

quote:
Also, someone made a pluging that offers a similar feature: It executes vbs files. Search it. It should be somewhere.

Found it HERE

thanks Coli,

I might investigate this, but it doesn't discount the possiblity of having scripting language specifically designed for plus!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 02-29-2004 at 12:58 PM

By Next > Next > Agree > Install Choli menans that users will not tick what they want to install. Like they COULD tick somehwere "Install Drawing for MSN", but they dont read it, just click Next until program is installed... Than they see their friends drawing in MSN, they want too, they ask how they do it, friends say: install Plus!. Then the user will just go to forum complain that drawing feature does not work for him while it does for his frends, you know??

And bout files on server... it was King_of_cool_kids who suggested that... so i think Choli was talkin' to him...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Choli on 02-29-2004 at 01:07 PM

quote:
And bout files on server... it was King_of_cool_kids who suggested that... so i think Choli was talkin' to him...
I had to read 20+ posts before I replyed so I didn't remember who said that :P (i'd have quoted). Also, sometime ago that was suggested and Patchou said "no", arguing the same reasons i've said.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by warreng on 02-29-2004 at 02:37 PM

ahh yeah, if coli was referring to king_of_cool_kinds, than i probably would of agreed, but he gave no effort as to say he was referring to him. :D anyways, yes i think that is a issue, thats also one of the reasons i thought that a menu to see the plugins and install/remove them would be good.

I know that patchou said when this thread first started that in version 3 the plugins menu will be update to allow for adding/removing. But just so people don't misunderstand me I think I'm requesting something that has already been said.

What I'm trying to suggest is to be able to view all the plugins, installed or not, new or old.
If a new plugin has been added on the website, than its viewable in your plus! program as an option to install.

Just going back and looking at: [Image: plugins.png]
Purhaps patchou is already way ahead of me :)

Okays I spent hours on these in paint and this is basically what i'm proposing.

[Image: plugins1.PNG]

[Image: plugins2.PNG]

Just realising that I forgot to include the creators name. So I guess theres room for improvment. But i guess this illustrates what i'm trying to portray.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Choli on 02-29-2004 at 03:10 PM

quote:
What I'm trying to suggest is to be able to view all the plugins, installed or not, new or old.
I was talking about features of plus, not plugins, so I think i wasn't talking about what you said :P
quote:
[Image: plugins2.PNG]
looks nice, but Patchou shoud add a button that says: connect to the internet and look for new plugins. ie: not let plus connect by itself to the internet. people will complain: my firewall says plus is making connections to the internet and I dont like that.
quote:
but he gave no effort as to say he was referring to him
:blah!:
just talking about a general dialog, not quoting someone specially. ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by quark on 02-29-2004 at 04:26 PM

Yay, I almost can't wait. I think MsgPlus! 2 is almost perfect. The only thing I think is a bit nasty now, is the organization of the menus. You have to move your mouse a lot to reach the different stuff crammed into the "Messenger Plus! Extras" menu. Not sure how this could be organized better, but you're so brilliant Patchou, that I'm sure you'll sort it out!

Another thing, kind of related to the above paragraph, is shortcut keys. A lot more functions should be available with shortcut keys, especially the "custom name" function. I've asked for this earlier, and ask again: Could it be possible to bind [F2] as a custom rename button on contacts? It's great to be able to right-click on contacts, point to "Messenger Plus! Extras" and then "Rename contact", but just marking the contact and pressing [F2] is a lot easier and more natural, as [F2] is the global renaming key in Windows.

Also, I have some problems with the bosskey feature. Sometimes it just don't work. I'm not sure if it's dependant on what program I'm in, but it seems to be just a little unstable and random. If there's anything you can do to optimize this feature, please do it. :)

Other than that; great work. I couldn't imagine an MSN Messenger client without Plus!

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by ShawnZ on 02-29-2004 at 05:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1
quote:
i dont know much about programming, but im sure its possible to add the ink feature with plugins?
Nope.

Anyway, I don't want Plus! to jump to 25mb. Don't care what connections you have.

1) by "With Plugins" i mean like just initiate it, not do the entire thing, like InfoPen but as a DLL and no outlook stuff

2) it wont jump to 25 mb, thats all the custom outlook stuff. MSN Messenger is simpiler, since the handwriting features are built in, they just need to be brought out.
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by ShawnZ on 02-29-2004 at 05:21 PM

quote:

People, read the posts.

MOST of the 20mb in InfoPen is for Microsoft Outlook. Thats because it has to be completly changed to support handwriting, it never knew what handwriting was before, However- Messenger has handwriting support in it already, so if it was JUST for messenger, it would be MUCH lighter.

also, it will be realeased in the soon awaited WINDOWS LONGHORN coming out in late 2004

thrid, please please please someone make something for this! im trying to see how it does it myself, but im not very good at it.
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by ShawnZ on 02-29-2004 at 05:45 PM

quote:
blah blah blah blah blah, I've been following this thread on since its started. All this issue over file size when downloading with new features etc. Patchou mate, if this issue also concerns you and I'm sure it bothers others too that when you add more and more features, the greater the size of the download gets.

Its been my understanding that the more people request an addon the more it would make it easier for them to:
1) select which ones they want (personalise installation) and
2) make them themselves (simple scripting language)

This guy is creative. Put him in the credits. No, really!

quote:
--------------------1------------------------
This can be easily solved with the following ideas I got in conjuction with Macromedia's Central, create a plugins menu, simple window within MSN Plus! where the menu or whatever is actually a page on the internet listing the available plugins. Further more, have it so that users have to login (Same accounts as for forums etc, so they can keep track on what plugins they have installed. That way, developors can see whos downloaded and whos using them. (ie success rate).
Now! with this new menu system, you can leave all the features seperate (addons) and people can select which ones they want to install and browse the ones that are newly available. Since these are seperate from plus! than the default file size for plus! would be minimal.

I hope someone is following me with this...

Basically, addon feature (already been done). But with the added ability to browse the ones available and the ones already default with msn plus! converted into plugins.

I love what you do Patchou, I seriously do. But its my opinion that the more features you make 'default' in the plus! becomes irrelivant to most, (bos protection, cause majority don't chat at work) unless its used all the times, like colours etc. The rest is just taking up space. I like the idea of being able to browse plugins through plus!, add/remove the ones I personally don't need.

great idea! like the windows setup?
(ps. everyone loves plus!;)and how well patchou codes it!)

quote:
--------------------2------------------------
I feel I have to also comment on the addon feature (dlls). I think its brillient for developers, but not all together easy to understand for people like me that havn't taken the time to learn 'visual basic or visual c++' because of various time contraints. What there needs to be is a simple scripting language where you can write it in a simple text editor (like what you can with html, php and mirc) so theres no need for compilers etc.
Of course unlike mirc/others there would still be a need to call dlls for advanced users. But I would like to be able to do a simple script without having to go through the process of learning a visual language. Later on, you might consider a basic WYSIWIG.

that would be exelent, because most of those languages can range from simple to extremly advanced, and can posiblily take up less space. If this happened, you would go from like the 20 or something plugins u have on plugns.msgplus.com to like 3000!

quote:
----------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, it was also said that there was a feature to leave message for people when they are offline, and that message will be sent when they come back. If thats the come-back message, than I hope it'l be updated in the v3.0. I think that setting it to message the person, EVERYTIME they come online is a little redundant unless you want to annoy them. Unless of cause you want to say Hello to that person as soon as they come online, everytime, than thats ok too. Just think that there should be an option to auto disable the auto message once its been sent once. Like a times to send the message box (# Times, 0 for infinite). Also, if thats the case for setting a message for someone everytime they come online, you might as well make it editable when the person is currently Online, as opposed only be able to edit it when they are not online.

Ya, good idea! also, how bout (if this is possible, without modding the EXE,) if you choose to start a convo with someone who is not online, instead of sending email to them, you could send offline messages to them using the IM interface, like YAHOO messenger.

quote:
I'd also like to offer myself to be a beta tester.

can i be one two? ;)

-----
I just realized how long this post is!
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by ShawnZ on 02-29-2004 at 05:53 PM

quote:
The installation of Plus can't rely on some files be at the server. What would happen if the server goes down? And what if the user can't connect to the Internet when s/he want to install Plus?. The best is have all inside a single exe installation file, as it's now.

About the ability of select what feature to install, I don't agree with that. People will complain saying: "hey this doesn't work for me" just because they didn't installed that feature. Remember, people install thing too fast (next, next, agree, intall), without reading and they don't remember they didn't install that.

About the scripting language. People would have to learn it, so why not learn VB (or VC)? VB is very easy and you have the templates needed to compile the pluging. Including that feature into Plus would increase its size and using that you won't be able to do everythig you can do with "real" plugings. It would provide limited features. Also, someone made a pluging that offers a similar feature: It executes vbs files. Search it. It should be somewhere.

The instalation can rely on some files being on the server, because if the server was down, you wouldent have the base install in the first place.

And yes, people sould be able to pick what to add during setup, just have the most basic things checked arleaedy, and the REALLY basic things part of the core program.

And for the scripting language- dont ruin our fun. Tell me whats easier: coding a script to make a dialog appear in MIRC, or coding a script to make a dialog appear in VB or VC???
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Choli on 02-29-2004 at 06:09 PM

quote:
The instalation can rely on some files being on the server, because if the server was down, you wouldent have the base install in the first place.
you're wrong. because i can send (share feature) plus to my contacts and then the server may be down so they won't be able to install plus. it's just an example but there may be more.
quote:
And yes, people sould be able to pick what to add during setup, just have the most basic things checked arleaedy, and the REALLY basic things part of the core program.
I quote myself:
quote:
by me
People will complain saying: "hey this doesn't work for me" just because they didn't installed that feature

and that may happen with all features even if they're not the most usuall ones.
quote:
And for the scripting language- dont ruin our fun. Tell me whats easier: coding a script to make a dialog appear in MIRC, or coding a script to make a dialog appear in VB or VC???
VB of course!! :banana:
I have no idea about doing that in mirc. However I can do it in VB and VC and Delphi and Java and... do I continue?
quote:
code:
msgbox " hi, im mr dialog :P "

It can't be easier !! ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by tomfletcherman on 02-29-2004 at 08:05 PM

I think plus needs to stay a one exe with everything included package. Maybe a download with the sponser nd without the sponser? So then when I gtive it to my friends they don't install it, like one did and then complained at me. Nothing should be server side. The plugins manager menu that was made looked impressive, but the whole plus interface will be changed. th@ feature should definately be included, and as a separate project someone on these forums could make a "light" version of the tablet writing thing?

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by ShawnZ on 02-29-2004 at 09:24 PM

quote:
VB of course!! :banana:
I have no idea about doing that in mirc. However I can do it in VB and VC and Delphi and Java and... do I continue?
quote:
code:

It can't be easier !! ;)

absoultly true. people who know vb code in vb. people who dont, dont. also what i said was a bad example. making a message box is easy either way, for the people that know how to code in both. but if you ask someone who codes in mirc, they will probably tell you its easier. personally, I have tried some coding in VB, and I think coding in MIRC requires less typing. Compare these scripts:

MIRC Example
alias sample {
if ($$1 != -d) timer 1 0 echo $input(hey!)
}

VBS Example
Function Sample(Arg)
    If Arg = "-d" Then
        Exit Function
    ElseIf Arg = Arg Then
        msgbox "hey!"
End Function

i know i coded the VBS one completly wrong, but im not very good at coding.

the code makes sure the -d paramater is not applied, then sais Hey!
someone please correct the mistakes i made in the VBS code:)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by warreng on 02-29-2004 at 09:32 PM

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VB of course!!

I don't know much about VB, but since i've looked at this VBS addon, it doesn't seem all that bad, but without a basic understanding of how data is processed I can't begin to make a script.

Mirc is easy. AND it comes with a really easy to follow helpfile.

quote:
quote:

code:

It can't be easier !! 

Yes it could.

$?"hello"

opens a input box with the text field above an edit box Hello.
i could change that text to:

$?"Enter comment below"

There are more ways, advanced command: $input
Same as $?:
$input(Enter comment below,e) [ 'e' stands for edit box ]

I could change the header of the box with somthing other than the default 'Input Request"

$input(Enter comment below,e,Commants)

I could change the default "OK, Cancel" buttons with Yes No buttons by adding a 'y'

$input(Enter comment below,ey,Commants)

and add a graphic icon such as a question mark, Information, critical stop etc by stateing other switches.

Question mark: $input(Enter comment below,eyq,Commants)
Info: $input(Enter comment below,eyi,Commants)
Warning: $input(Enter comment below,eyw,Commants)
Hand Icons (critical stop): $input(Enter comment below,eyh,Commants)

SO! it is easier and fun as Shawnz kindly stated, don't ruin our fun. :D
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by warreng on 02-29-2004 at 09:39 PM

yes thanks Shawnz for explaining the aliases, its so true.
but I also like the on event commands.

On *:text:*:*: if ($1 == blah) msg # $nick Don't be stupid.

basically that says:
on any text, in any channel. if the first word ($1) equals 'blah' than message the channel 'nickname who said 'blah'' $nick Don't be stupid.
of course if you want to be specific you could state:

on *:text:blah:*: msg # $nick Don't be stupid.

etc etc.

quote:
Format:    on <level>:TEXT:<matchtext>:<*><?><#[,#]>:<commands>
Example:    on 1:TEXT:*help*:#mirc,#irchelp:/msg $nick what's the problem?

The match text can be a wildcard string, where:
  *    matches any text
  &    matches any word
  text    matches if text contains only this word
  text*    matches if text starts with this word
  *text    matches if text ends with this word
  *text*    matches if text contains this word anywhere

The location where this event occurrs can be specified using:
  ?    for any private message
  #    for any channel message
  #mirc    for any messages on channel #mirc
  *    for any private or channel messages

hehe /me loves mircs help file

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by ShawnZ on 02-29-2004 at 11:21 PM

Thanks, warreng gets my point.

It would be great to be able to use events in plus!

And, your right, It is incredibly simple.

Plus, (excuse the pun) You are ruining our fun. Were talking about it, we feel like talking about it, we want to talk about it, so (word removed, so I dont get banned) off.

[edit]
And to top it off, MIRC is more forgiving. You make a mistake, (which you cant usually do in mirc) you can fix it easily. Visual languages need to be perfectly written, and if you do make a mistake, you need to recompile the whole damn thing!

[/edit]

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by ckDogbert on 03-01-2004 at 03:27 AM

Don't want to be n00b of the hour but i'd like to suggest a feature that i would like to see in the MsgPlus 3! and hopefully i'm alowd to post my suggestion here.

I was thinking of a "scenary channel" option for the display picture in msn. a sort of slideshow that changes the picture every so many seconds... minutes... or specified time to a different picture in the cycle that you have formed. And you can put as many pictures in the cycle as you want.

Any thoughts?

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by ShawnZ on 03-01-2004 at 03:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ckDogbert
Don't want to be n00b of the hour but i'd like to suggest a feature that i would like to see in the MsgPlus 3! and hopefully i'm alowd to post my suggestion here.

I was thinking of a "scenary channel" option for the display picture in msn. a sort of slideshow that changes the picture every so many seconds... minutes... or specified time to a different picture in the cycle that you have formed. And you can put as many pictures in the cycle as you want.

Any thoughts?

Ya, thats a great idea, couldent have come from a noob.

It would be fairly easy to make, if you had the API for changing the display picture. It could possibly even be used to make your DP animated.

but, patchou probably left after we started arguaging.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by tatooine on 03-01-2004 at 03:56 AM

Only 1 suggestion-beg: please!!!!!!(&) we have been waiting for this looong time since the very beggining...Auto-Hide-Function[color=black][/color] (icq anyone???) Come on it would really kick ass!:o)! I wonder, is it really that difficult? or just havent came up with ??^o)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by ckDogbert on 03-01-2004 at 04:38 AM

While i'm at it, and i'm not getting my hopes up on this feature that i'm about to suggest but, could you make a feature that can somehow override a "restrictive environment"? Like when i'm at school i can't use msn on the newer computers. I think it has something to do with not being able to write to the registry. hmm... i'd also like to figure out how to bypass the web filters that our school has put in place because when you go to hotmail.com or even try to log in to your hotmail account then it redirects you to some stupid "denial page" that the school put in. Although I've figured out 1 way around it. it's a little bit lengthy but i can say that it involves downloading msn messenger on the crappy computers at school. the other way i have to test out yet... msn toolbar button that leads you to hotmail. not sure if it works yet though.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by warreng on 03-01-2004 at 07:39 AM

if the IT guy at your school is crap, than purhaps theres a way. But not likely, there is such a thing called firewalls and proxy servers, so don't get your hopes up.

Oh yeah and of course policies.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Fast_Sebil on 03-01-2004 at 09:05 AM

Hi all !

I'm brand new in this forum, but i'm a user of mplus :P
So, just watching the first post made by patchou about the next version make me smile and screaming... Really exciting... :) hehe

Then, i just will say to Patchou : UP ! :D

And good work... As i m at my job (france), i cant tell no more... but keep on doing good work pathcou !

by, Nalex (Fast_Sebil) 8-|

Extremely HOT~!! by MOON on 03-01-2004 at 10:23 AM

I've been waiting for Messenger plus 3~~

Sceenshots are extremely hot~ and coooooool~~ gooood

If you want any beta testers, please let me know.

I can help you as much as I can~~

Thanks~

Moon.

From Korea~~

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by RaceProUK on 03-01-2004 at 12:58 PM

:drool::bow::clap:

Can't wait! Good thing the features will be easier to access: I've been using Plus! since 1.42 (I think), and within the last week I found out about a feature I never knew existed.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Just read through the whole thread, and the installer issue I think I have a way to resolve. Just have two installers!
One of them will be the all-in-one for those who want everything and/or have fast connections.
The other will be smaller, and install the software in a similar manner to IE, Netscape, Acrobat Reader, etc.

Waddya think?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by alimotedayeni on 03-01-2004 at 05:43 PM

nice screen shots and a lot of cool new things to use. but i had a comment..would it be possible to have an auto text response thing? like when someone says "how are you?" your msn automatically responses with "good, you?" which can be personalized individually? that would be kinda cool. well thanks for the messenger plus! its awesome.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by quark on 03-01-2004 at 08:25 PM

quote:
just enable the custom names and click again in the check box so it becomes squared (or grayed). That only works with MSN Messeger 6.1

Ah. Brilliant. I didn't know that. But it doesn't work perfectly. When people send me files, their nick aren't replaced. I'm not sure Patchou can do anything about this, but if he can, I hope he does. :)
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by warreng on 03-01-2004 at 09:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alimotedayeni
nice screen shots and a lot of cool new things to use. but i had a comment..would it be possible to have an auto text response thing? like when someone says "how are you?" your msn automatically responses with "good, you?" which can be personalized individually? that would be kinda cool. well thanks for the messenger plus! its awesome.

... scripts.
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by quark on 03-01-2004 at 09:46 PM

quote:
... scripts.
I've probably not payed attention in class, so I have to ask: Will Messenger Plus! have script support, or does it already? If it doesn't, but plan to have, could I suggest that Patchou don't create a new script language? There are like 100 different existing ones to choose from, and JavaScript (ECMAScript) is one of the best ones. Really.

JavaScript in the browser (working with the DOM) is possibly not the best way to use it, but in ASP pages it's better, and with an even more decent object model (or framework), it would be brilliant. JavaScript has all the facets you need from a scripting language, it's easy to learn, it's logical, it has a beautiful syntax, and it's widespread and wellknown.

So I urge Patchou to choose JavaScript if the choice isn't already made.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by RaceProUK on 03-01-2004 at 10:11 PM

In order to do an auto-reponse, the plugins (and scripts?) will need to be notified of all incoming messages: at the moment, the API defines only ReceiveNotify, which is called only when a special character is sent. So, at the moment, it can't be done, but I'm sure if we all asked nicely enough, Patchou would consider it...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by quark on 03-01-2004 at 11:55 PM

A script API would certainly be nice, but it's absolutely not a must-have feature, so Patchou can safely focus on the more important stuff for the next version. If you ask me, that is.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Watters91 on 03-02-2004 at 07:13 AM

Hey patchou
I am interested in becoming a beta for MSG Plus! 3. How can i apply to be one???

Watters91

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Patchou on 03-02-2004 at 07:40 AM

lol... well, I've been watching you in the past days getting exciting by yourselves, talking about features that have been dicussed a lot in the past and that won't be added (like scripting :)). You can continue if you want, it's nice to beleive ;)

For those who don't remember why I won't add scripting or other big improvements to plugins, one word sums it up: security. The last thing I want to see is tools doing weird non authorized activities in Messenger because of me. Microsoft learnt it the hard way by adding too many possibilities in Internet Explorer and Outlook, only to realize later that it opened doors to hackers and viruses.

So, no scripting, no "internet-download installer" (for a lot of good reasons), and no beta test requests (thank you for wanting to help, however, I can't allow the risk to see buggy beta versions distributed on the web).

Don't worry, you'll have your load of new toys to play with in Plus!3 :)
Patchou

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by quark on 03-02-2004 at 09:15 AM

quote:
For those who don't remember why I won't add scripting or other big improvements to plugins, one word sums it up: security.
That's fully understandable. I'm not going to wish for it, I just said it might be nice. But might I ask (yet again) for the [F2] rename shortcut key? Pretty please, with sugar on top? :D
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Fast_Sebil on 03-02-2004 at 10:17 AM

Patchou,

A good idea to increase maximum security in such kind of program (Y)!

As everybody knows, and as u explain it in ur post, full of capabilities is the same as full of hacking (with internet im hearing)...

So the way u want to make your software with a maximum protection is a good one, cause our soft will not be responsible in case of hacking injuries :S

Moreover, that will be better for the future Plus! (4.1 that everybody there is wainting for right now..LOL...:D) and u will show a difference between softs that protect their users and those that don't care about..

So, thank you Patchou for your great intentions with users and keep on for a long time ! ;)

Bye, Nalex :o) (8-|) from france...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by jren207 on 03-02-2004 at 08:36 PM

i like the idea that you can disable plug-ins. So if i can install some plug-ins, and they mess msn up, then i can disable them? cool ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by ksordo on 03-02-2004 at 10:00 PM

Awesome work, Patchou!  If I may be so bold as to suggest that you introduce more sounds to the upcoming Plus! version.  Thanks :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by bach_m on 03-02-2004 at 10:08 PM

more sounds = larger file to download.

if u want more sounds, get the audiator plugin from http://plugins.msgplus.net

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by --=TD=-- on 03-02-2004 at 11:09 PM

Nice screenies Patchou ;)

Can't wait for this new and even better version :D

RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by yocoolboy on 03-03-2004 at 06:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by quark
quote:
For those who don't remember why I won't add scripting or other big improvements to plugins, one word sums it up: security.
That's fully understandable. I'm not going to wish for it, I just said it might be nice. But might I ask (yet again) for the [F2] rename shortcut key? Pretty please, with sugar on top? :D

Yar, I agree with quark. Patchou can you have the F2 rename key so that I could rename my contacts easily?

Thanks.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Nympho_baby30 on 03-03-2004 at 07:00 AM

[Image: wink.gif]

Awesome! Can't wait....love msn plus

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by user503 on 03-03-2004 at 07:45 AM

removed

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Patchou on 03-03-2004 at 08:51 AM

Probably yes, that's the intelligent thing to do :). However, if Plus!3 is ready at least a week before that, it will be released a patch will eventually be released later if necessary (I'll simply wait to activate auto-update to version 3)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Smethead on 03-03-2004 at 11:26 AM

For me it's not necessary that the drawing thing is integrated in plus3. If the plugins for plus2 also work in plus3 i'll just use that plugin.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by CookieRevised on 03-03-2004 at 12:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Smethead
For me it's not necessary that the drawing thing is integrated in plus3. If the plugins for plus2 also work in plus3 i'll just use that plugin.
The drawing thing will never be integrated in Plus!.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by quark on 03-03-2004 at 12:13 PM

Just one last thing I would like to see: Proper ordering of custom names inside the Messenger contact window. Now, every contact is sorted by their e-mail address (which is logic, since it's MSN Messenger who does the sorting), but if it's possible, it would be great if Plus! could re-sort the contacts in alphabetical order by the custom names.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Choli on 03-03-2004 at 12:21 PM

quote:
Just one last thing I would like to see: Proper ordering of custom names inside the Messenger contact window. Now, every contact is sorted by their e-mail address (which is logic, since it's MSN Messenger who does the sorting), but if it's possible, it would be great if Plus! could re-sort the contacts in alphabetical order by the custom names.
that's not possible. (if it was patchou would have added that long time ago ;))
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by marke on 03-03-2004 at 02:02 PM

I would like to see a feature what removes "said:" and line change after name in chat window... :)

Thanks

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by quark on 03-03-2004 at 03:32 PM

quote:
quote:
if it's possible, it would be great if Plus! could re-sort the contacts in alphabetical order by the custom names.
that's not possible. (if it was patchou would have added that long time ago ;))

Just as I thought. Well, well. No biggie. :)
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Vilkku on 03-03-2004 at 03:45 PM

quote:
Probably yes, that's the intelligent thing to do :). However, if Plus!3 is ready at least a week before that, it will be released a patch will eventually be released later if necessary (I'll simply wait to activate auto-update to version 3)

But it will work with 6.2, right? RIGHT? It has to be... No... It MUST work... If it isn't... NOOO!!!

Translation: Will Plus3 work with the new Messager release? Know any inside stuff?
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Jero on 03-03-2004 at 05:54 PM

Whoa, this looks sooo cool, I can't wait untill v.3 will be out!! Keep up the good work!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by ZaInT on 03-03-2004 at 06:43 PM

Hay gays wahts going own!?
Never mind the bullocks, I'm new here.

Just wanted to add a feature request;
When custom names are used all the users get mixed up, so Sarah could come before Michael because her e-mail is "sexy_girl_999@nomail.nu" and Michaels mail is "xxx_222@spam.org".

I would like the names to be in alphabetic order even if custom names are used.

Thanks for the best program ever :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by MC Inferno on 03-03-2004 at 06:53 PM

Why do u need it, if you can press "s" and get everyopne with "s" up ast the start? you knew that right?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pure_BY on 03-03-2004 at 06:59 PM

I know that, but stil prefer alphabetical order...

But i dont know if its possible, Patchou was told about it many times, and he said he could not do it...

But who knows, maybe now he can? :-/

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Patchou on 03-03-2004 at 07:17 PM

well, let's say I could but it's time consuming and I have too many other things to care about right now.. I promise I'll check it out again.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Wabz on 03-03-2004 at 10:48 PM

Sounds like a cool idea (Y) 

Patchou really needs a hobby :S

I cant code for more than 20 seconds without getting bored

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by dotNorma on 03-04-2004 at 12:16 AM

Yah , I wish our contacts could be ordered by groups in the "Send Instant Message Window" , Also custom names dont show here.....Its a little bit much to ask but why not :P

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by jameseuk on 03-04-2004 at 03:38 AM

quote:
bhaaa.. I'm posting a bout a new feature and you only want me to add another one.... :p. I won't trick Messenger into doing something it's not supposed to do and I'm sure Microsoft will enable it themselves in their next major version update so don't worry about it, you'll have it :).

6.2 or 7?
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by jameseuk on 03-04-2004 at 03:56 AM

Hi Patchou,hope your well and taking regular breaks away from the PC,Can't wait till version 3 of plus,Keep up the good work :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by tttommeke on 03-05-2004 at 05:41 PM

WE WANT BETA :P:P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by kri on 03-05-2004 at 06:55 PM

Great news Patchou!

Looking forward to the next version! :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Forbesie on 03-06-2004 at 01:46 AM

Sounds like your making progress on a steady pace.  Ive been using MSGPlus for some time now and Ive got all my mates using it. keep up the good work!

Rob

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Guido on 03-06-2004 at 02:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tttommeke
WE WANT BETA :P:P
You darn anxious people :banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by aNILEator on 03-06-2004 at 02:22 AM

Will there be a command like (!VER) or even (!VER) which will show what plug-ins you have enabled aswell?

For example

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 6.1.0207
Messenger Plus! Version: 2.54.0074
MsgPlus Plug-ins: WMPlus 2.0
                        MSN Handwriting 1.0
                        RDM Speech Plug-in 1.0

get the idea?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Guido on 03-06-2004 at 03:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BooGhost
that niiiiiiiice :banana:

:dodgy: this thread got long after 8 days of not being here (
That's a good idea ¬¬ and very easy to implement given *cough* one new feature of plus3.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by LordPan on 03-07-2004 at 12:31 AM

First off all (like everybody else here) Beautifull update :D

1 requests although:

I recently bumped against my 150 max contacts in my list. I deleted some unused accouts and ppl I never speak with. But I will reach that limit again sooner or later (And I'm affraid it's sooner :s) Can it be made possible to build in a work arround herefore. I know there are other plugins doing this, but the msn plus! extension is always the first program I install, and from msn+! I'm always sure it will be updated to be compatible with the msn version of that moment. (new version, 6.2, on 8 april 2004 - source www.mess.be) If it is possible, pls consider this possibility. TIA.

LordPan

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by lizard.boy on 03-07-2004 at 12:37 AM

i dont think patchou has any intention of increasing the contact list size. maybe a plugin for plus could though :undecided:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by jren207 on 03-07-2004 at 12:55 AM

a problem is that if that was to happen, it would increase sign-in time, because it would have to download all the extra contacts. :S

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Jay Pee on 03-07-2004 at 02:07 AM

I think a nice feature would be really good to have, but maybe it's not possible, I don't know, but maybe someone would be able to say whether it is or not???

File transfers normally stay in the chat window, would it be possible to move the progress indicator to the space that appears to the right of the chat area to inbetween the two display pictures?

kinda like this (see picture)

[Image: attachment.php?tid=21785&pid=210851]

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by brianjdupuis on 03-07-2004 at 02:27 AM

I like that idea Jay Pee and i'm tired of making the conversation thing soo confusing, by having it on the side it would be nice to see how the progress is going!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by bach_m on 03-07-2004 at 02:28 AM

i doubt that Plus! would be able to do that. but Microsoft sure could in thenext version of messenger

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pappapishu on 03-07-2004 at 10:38 AM

i would very much like an expansion of the contact list since erasing ppl from my contact list is getting more and more difficult lately.
also that non-scrolling option for downloads seems to look quite cool!

keep up the good work patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Choli on 03-07-2004 at 12:26 PM

about the contact list limit, i think the best option is having two (or more) diferent accounts and use the polygamy patch.

about the progress indicator, it's a very good idea: you could see the progress of all your transfers without searching then in the convo. However I don't know if that's easy to implement.

About the colors in names, use the /nick command with the Ctrl + K shotcut.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by jren207 on 03-07-2004 at 11:05 PM

I believe that there was a progress bar in windows messenger. At the bottom where it said if the contact was typing or not. I thought this feature would be in MSN messenger, but obviously not!! :S

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Johnny_Mac on 03-07-2004 at 11:07 PM

Well in MSN Messenger you get a better progress bar then in Windows Messenger imho.

The green progress bar under the doc name/icon?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by jren207 on 03-07-2004 at 11:10 PM

It is a good status bar in MSN messenger. I'm jus sayin at least there was one in Windows messenger.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pappapishu on 03-07-2004 at 11:46 PM

about that status bar...it's definately better in MSN messenger 6, it was disturbing having it down there so you wouldn't know wheter your friend was typing or not, also you couldnt know how many bytes were left, but on the other hand it had the advantage of not having to scroll in order to find it!!! a status bar halfway between both would be perfez..in all that space that's of no use right know under your contact's image

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Johnny_Mac on 03-07-2004 at 11:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pappapishu
also you couldnt know how many bytes were left
If you hung over the status bar it would tell you how many bytes were left in a yellow info box.

Thread Cleaned: 08/03/2004 (00:00GMT)

Around 30 posts have been removed from this thread, these posts include:

- Suggestions which are already in Plus!
- Double suggestions whereas no other idea or opinion about it was given from the previous poster.
- Spam (this hasn't included good will messages that would normally be removed)
- Complaints about the state of the thread.

One thing I have left in this thread is the suggestions. I felt I could have split each one up with their relative discussion however that would have got messy and confusing. Patchou has more chance of seeing them in this thread I feel, however that doesn't mean that there's a greater possibility of it being added.

On the topic of suggestions I would like to quote one member:
quote:
I hope Patchou updates the (!VER) to handle plug-ins or makes a new (!PLG) or something. I want my name credited if he does.
By suggesting an idea it does not warrant your name being placed in the credits, thats at Patchous discrecion. I am not commenting about the quote above but, if you are suggesting for that purpose only, its now time to stop wasting your time.

On a final note, I have added a few 'bold' comments to Patchou's first post about the infopen not being added and beta testers not wanted at this time.

Thank you,
Johnny. :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Choli on 03-08-2004 at 11:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
I believe that there was a progress bar in windows messenger. At the bottom where it said if the contact was typing or not. I thought this feature would be in MSN messenger, but obviously not!! :S
that bar was removed in Msn messenger 6 because with it you can now send more than one file at the same time (so in that space 2 or more progress bars don't fill)
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by B-HLQ on 03-08-2004 at 01:03 PM

SUGGESTION: We can copy contacts email address on MsgPlus 2.54, PatChou can yiu please also add a feature which will enable us to copy contacts nickname as well, I always need that.. Thanks :) and keep on your good job!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Stigmata on 03-08-2004 at 01:08 PM

(!N) :P then copy and paste that ?

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Choli on 03-08-2004 at 03:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by B-HLQ
SUGGESTION: We can copy contacts email address on MsgPlus 2.54, PatChou can yiu please also add a feature which will enable us to copy contacts nickname as well, I always need that.. Thanks :) and keep on your good job!
Right click > messenger plus extras > contact information
you can copy the nick from there
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by aNILEator on 03-08-2004 at 04:10 PM

ok patchou can add that feature i don't mind not getting credit. its gonna help us all and and i would use it a lot to explain to people how to do things and what they need to do them :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by jren207 on 03-08-2004 at 05:02 PM

I get the idea about the status bar. What if when you had multiple downloads, they were in a pull down list that open when you pressed an arror like the arrow under the display pic.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Pappapishu on 03-09-2004 at 04:02 PM

i think it would be a good idea to use the return messageor whatever it's name is(when you write a message so the other gets it as soon as he logs in) also for file-transfers, so if you have to send smth to smo you can leave and let it send it self as soon as your friend logs in.

what's that Rep icon under the name all about? everyone has the same one!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Joe on 03-09-2004 at 04:31 PM

i get on here 10- 20 times a day to see if you've released version 3 or if you've begun to accept beta testers.... keep up the good work...

does anyone have a release date???

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Johnny_Mac on 03-09-2004 at 04:39 PM

They isn't one, however MSN Messenger 6.2 is due to be released shortly, so that would be a good guess. Possibly before though!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by jren207 on 03-09-2004 at 04:41 PM

You know that there is going to be language filter. Well there should be a feature that if your contact uses bad language more than say five times, it automatically blocks the contact. This is incase your mum or dad walks past and ur contact wont shut up!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by aNILEator on 03-09-2004 at 07:09 PM

^why if it filters the words then it will look like he is a little (a) no need for a automatic ban/block

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Tantawi on 03-09-2004 at 09:20 PM

If there's a feature to Sign in as offline, it'll be cool, please do it :)

Thanks for your great efforts...

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by bach_m on 03-09-2004 at 09:34 PM

Patchou wont do it as it requires modifying the EXE. and thats illegl...

and SEARCH b4 u post things that have been asked 1000 times :rolleyes:

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by mcgeo on 03-10-2004 at 08:44 AM

as for a new feature in msgplus 3, or any version for that matter.. I'd like to request the sound from counterstrike - "Negative." because that would be the best thing ever and i swear that i'd use it at least 10 times a day. that would be great, thanks :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Sunshine on 03-10-2004 at 02:03 PM

Heya,

a few suggestions for the new plus:

1. a possibility to use/switch skins per account
2. a possibility to delete plugins

is this possible???

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by aNILEator on 03-10-2004 at 02:19 PM

1. not unless we modify the messenger.exe and thats illegal
2. probably impossible seeing as your contacts will see you as offline and won't reply anyway, pretty pointless I think
3. skins are nothing to do with msgplus
4. its coming as far as i know ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Stijn on 03-10-2004 at 05:13 PM

real cool screen shots patchou :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by MC Inferno on 03-10-2004 at 07:13 PM

Skins have nothing to do with msg. plus, but couldnt you have a plug - in being able to switch skins wen you restart or something? I'd love that.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by brianjdupuis on 03-13-2004 at 09:00 PM

OK THIS THREAD IS REALLY GOING NOO WHERE PATCHOU GIVE US SOME MORE INFORMATION ON THE NEXT VERSION OR TALK ABOUT SOME OF THE NEW FEATURES!!

Edited by moderator: do NOT use caps to write a message. Next time it will be deleted.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news by Patchou on 03-14-2004 at 07:07 PM

You'll see the new features and the new interface soon enough.. thread closed :gfdrin:.