Shoutbox

MSN Plus! 3 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: MSN Plus! 3 (/showthread.php?tid=21881)

MSN Plus! 3 by Servien on 02-28-2004 at 09:06 AM

Haai, weet iemand wanneer we kunnen beginnen met vertalen voor MSN Plus! 3 en moet 't weer helemaal overnieuw, want 't krijgt toch een nieuwe look ofzo? Naja, xie wel. Alvast bedankt! ;)(Y)

Hey, does anybody know when we can start translating MSN Plus! 3? That's about it, okay see ya! ;)(Y)

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Mnjul on 02-28-2004 at 09:25 AM

Patchou will be again asking for volunteer Msg Plus translators soon after he finishes all things he wants in Plus! 3, in my opinion...

There is still a month or two before releasing:)

RE: RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Servien on 02-28-2004 at 09:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Patchou will be again asking for volunteer Msg Plus translators soon after he finishes all things he wants in Plus! 3, in my opinion...

There is still a month or two before releasing:)

Okay thanx for the info, ciao! :D
RE: MSN Plus! 3 by ShunterAlhena on 03-15-2004 at 06:48 PM

quote:
Patchou will be again asking for volunteer Msg Plus translators
err.... sorry, does this mean that old translators are to be overridden with new ones? you see, I am willing to do any future updates or retranslations for MsgPlus (Hungarian) as I did before, and now a new election comes and i am to be removed? or have i misunderstood something? (i hope...)
RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Stigmata on 03-15-2004 at 06:59 PM

he is finished :) he closed the thread, and soon he will be asking for translators and testers :)

note to patchou : PICK ME :P

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by ShunterAlhena on 03-15-2004 at 07:05 PM

now what? Posting Freak rank says he's finished, Super Mod says 1-2months remaining!

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by ShunterAlhena on 03-15-2004 at 07:11 PM

yes i see now... the thread is really closed
but my question remains unanswered: Old translators remain (if they want to) :D or they are disposed and it's place for new generation :|:(?

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Choli on 03-15-2004 at 07:37 PM

Of course old translators would be picked (well, that's what it should be) but Patchou can still ask for translators for new languages.

quote:
Originally posted by Shunter
now what? Posting Freak rank says he's finished, Super Mod says 1-2months remaining!
blah!, :P don't hear jwb. Mnjul is closer to patchou than he so mnjul knows what's happening better.

Patchou closed the thread just because it was too long and too spammy.
imo, i also think plus 3 won't be available tomorrow (i agree with mnjul, 1-2 months)
RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Stigmata on 03-15-2004 at 07:49 PM

u see the respect i get :)

why would he close the thread if it wasnt near finished?

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Choli on 03-15-2004 at 07:57 PM

everybody was asking for more screen shots, and suggesting things so he said:

quote:
You'll see the new features and the new interface soon enough.. thread closed

also, you should check this thread:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22555
still there isn't any beta
RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Patchou on 03-16-2004 at 08:03 AM

I still got a lot of work to do for Plus!3, I'm not finished at all :). As for translators, I'll use the latest translator database (the onie I used for the Plus! 2.54 update). If some extra translators are needed, I'll let you all know in this forum.

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Menthix on 03-16-2004 at 08:12 PM

Pssssst: Patchou, could you please anwser my e-mail.... i want to make some changes to the translators database system... i'd like to start working on it this weekend (starting friday).

Most off all i want to add something that enablers translators to communicate with eachother easier, and maybe something that enables them to hange their email adress themseleves if the got another adress... stuff like that... ideas are welcome, but i need access first  :)

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Stigmata on 03-16-2004 at 08:15 PM

and maybe for testers to :P

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Menthix on 03-16-2004 at 08:23 PM

What do you mean ?

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Choli on 03-16-2004 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Most off all i want to add something that enablers translators to communicate with eachother easier, and maybe something that enables them to hange their email adress themseleves if the got another adress... stuff like that... ideas are welcome, but i need access first  :)
that's a good idea. some time ago I was going to do something similar but didn't do it. I'm not very good with php and it would have been worse :P
quote:
What do you mean ?
i think he means you need testers for that. :^)
RE: MSN Plus! 3 by sock on 03-17-2004 at 05:51 AM

I think he meant you should make such a thing for the beta testers too.... :-/

Anyway, I personally don't care much about these improvements, as there's only one other person who helps me translate (he reviews my translation and suggests improvements), and I talk to him via MSN Messenger. :p

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by TWDman on 03-17-2004 at 07:12 AM

MenthiX, with last Dutch translation, there were a lot of people who said they would like to translate, but they didnt translate anything! They said the already send a "I dont want to translate anymore" email to you/Patchou, so could you please change your Database system, so we can add/remove translators. Thanks

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Menthix on 03-17-2004 at 10:11 AM

Good point, i'll se what can be done about that.

However translators deleting other translators and new translators adding themselves (or being added by existing translators isn't a good idea i think. But translators deleting their selves if they do not want to translate anymore is at least an option.

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by ShunterAlhena on 03-17-2004 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Of course old translators would be picked (well, that's what it should be) but Patchou can still ask for translators for new languages.
Ohh you lifted a terrible weight from my heart...:D
RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Choli on 03-18-2004 at 07:22 PM

quote:
However translators deleting other translators and new translators adding themselves (or being added by existing translators isn't a good idea i think. But translators deleting their selves if they do not want to translate anymore is at least an option.
[*]Translators deleting theirselves: (Y)

[*]New translators adding theirselves: (N) Should ask first current translators and/or Patchou/MenthiX

[*]Patchou/MenthiX adding/deleting translators: (Y)

[*]Current translators adding new ones: (Y)

[*]Translators deleting other translators: (Y)/(N)? Should be discussed first. I think (N) but not sure. Maybe only current (msg plus 2) translators should be able to do that (that would imply there should be at least 2 groups of translators: the current ones (who did plus 2.54 translations) who should be like "admins" (would be able to delelte translators) and the other group should be new translators who only would have "normal user" rights (wouldn't be able to delete translators).
RE: MSN Plus! 3 by jpg050 on 03-20-2004 at 10:39 AM

Need to translateeeee.... I would even translate C++ into Spanish if it was going to compile that way...

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by ShunterAlhena on 03-22-2004 at 03:17 PM

I am no admin or other major dude like that, but let me explain my view about this translators deleting others stuff.
Hungarian language is currently updated by two guys: one translates, its me, and when major changes come, the other man reviews it (both names are included in the language file). I don't  think that more than 2-3 people are needed to maintain a language. After all translating MsgPlus is not so large work to do: i did it in a matter of hours, and updating is even less. No need for a whole group of people. Two are in charge, and if the translation is buggy or late, it is clear who has to work a bit more. So my point is: a few people who have been active so far should do the language, and if they wish to quit then the empty post should be refilled. No need for a bunch of people per language, small teams should be more efficient and argue less.
As I said previously, this is only an opinion, I tried to be constructive.

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Choli on 03-22-2004 at 05:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shunter
I don't  think that more than 2-3 people are needed to maintain a language.
I agree. The problem (at least here with spanish-spain translation) is that there are 4 or 5 translators who don't help and not even answer emails saying they don't want to help. Those people were the very first translators and/or people who once said they wanted to help but never did. That's why I sometime translators should be removed.
RE: MSN Plus! 3 by KeyStorm on 03-22-2004 at 05:42 PM

Why don't we use some open source CVS System, I'm sure there are some ready-to-use packages. In this way It could be updated and logged very efficiently. Don't you think? ;)

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Pappapishu on 03-22-2004 at 11:08 PM

well, maybe the translation responsability should be earned each time so the problem that Choli describes would be no more

RE: MSN Plus! 3 by Patchou on 03-24-2004 at 05:04 AM

I've already said many time to translators that when they think someone should be removed, they tell me. I then email the guy and if I dont get any good answer, I remove him from the list.