Shoutbox

Microsoft appear to have done more 'maintenance' - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Microsoft appear to have done more 'maintenance' (/showthread.php?tid=21885)

Microsoft appear to have done more 'maintenance' by RaceProUK on 02-28-2004 at 12:41 PM

I think they're stripping newlines from nicks now. I signed in today, and my lovely 3-line nick was shoved onto one line. I set it back, only for it to be forced onto one line again.
Anyone else noticed this?

RE: Microsoft appear to have done more 'maintenance' by Mnjul on 02-28-2004 at 01:30 PM

Not really...I can still have multi-lined nicknames with /nick and Ctrl+Enter command by Plus! 8-)

RE: Microsoft appear to have done more 'maintenance' by RaceProUK on 02-28-2004 at 03:04 PM

So can I, but if I sign out then in again, the newlines are stripped.

RE: Microsoft appear to have done more 'maintenance' by BooGhost on 03-06-2004 at 04:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
So can I, but if I sign out then in again, the newlines are stripped.
it has always been like that i think, or at least for some time now :p
RE: Microsoft appear to have done more 'maintenance' by Wabz on 03-06-2004 at 12:25 PM

Yeah mines been like that for a canny while!

Just make a Plus! command to make you a nick

RE: Microsoft appear to have done more 'maintenance' by Jordan2004 on 03-06-2004 at 12:30 PM

Maybe that could be a new idea for the next version of Plus, to change the username just after you sign in.

RE: Microsoft appear to have done more 'maintenance' by Tochjo on 03-06-2004 at 12:34 PM

There is a NameOnSignin registry setting that does that.

RE: Microsoft appear to have done more 'maintenance' by yo dawg X on 03-06-2004 at 12:56 PM

my multiline still works whats the deal yo??

RE: Microsoft appear to have done more 'maintenance' by Dr4g0n on 03-06-2004 at 05:49 PM

hmm.... just tested mine, mine wrks...