Shoutbox

huge bug after installing msnhandwriting - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting (/showthread.php?tid=21936)

huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by Zerg on 02-29-2004 at 08:55 PM

hi i've just installed msnhandwriting and i'm using msn 6.1.0207 win 98 1st edition
and i can't seem to get the plugin to work.....
when i install it it says is done installing it works fine etc. and then when i open msn, and then i try to open a msg to talk to my friends it says, we were unable to start a conversation with *user*. you may want to try again.
and i've tried many times but it keeps repeating the same msg, now i can't msg any1 can some 1 help me llool...

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by Sk3tch on 02-29-2004 at 09:13 PM

You can only install it on Windows XP ;)

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by Zerg on 02-29-2004 at 09:20 PM

ahh ic
but hmm now i can't use msn plus......
liek if i have msn plus i can't speak to any 1 unless i uninstall msn plius then i can talk

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by Sk3tch on 02-29-2004 at 09:23 PM

Uninstall the Ink Redistributables and then go to your plugin dir which is usually "C:\Program File\Messenger Plus!\Plugins\" and delete the dll called MsnHandWriting.dll (Make sure msn messenger is close)
And that should fix your problems

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by Zerg on 02-29-2004 at 09:28 PM

yay thx lol

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by cow2 on 02-29-2004 at 10:13 PM

Thanks for your post Sk3tch. This was invaluable to me, I installed and removed msgplus some 10/20 times, modified registries etc until I found your message. Thanks a million!

Perhaps someone should note in the plugin its for XP only ;)

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by Sk3tch on 02-29-2004 at 10:20 PM

No problem, and yeh it should be mentioned more. It isnt noted to XP users only, on mess.be either, but i have notified them.

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by Jutx on 02-29-2004 at 10:21 PM

Same problem happened to me. thing is though, i AM on XP.

Edit: Restarted messenger and it works now. Typical me jumping to conclusions

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by Alison on 02-29-2004 at 11:50 PM

You really should state this on the download page...it happened to me too and I spent two hours installing and reinstalling and uninstalling msn plus.

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by dwergs on 03-01-2004 at 01:34 AM

done, tnx sk3tch!

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by ILuBPaTcHoU on 03-04-2004 at 01:09 PM

it also for windows 20000, thats what i uses

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by billywoods1 on 03-04-2004 at 10:02 PM

Can cause problems on 2000, I believe.

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by Underlord on 03-05-2004 at 06:51 AM

It is not designed for windows 2000.
It is just luck that it works, although there is no guarantee it will.

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by azn angel on 03-05-2004 at 08:58 AM

haha my friend created it and im gonna kick his ass on monday! he never told me it only works on XP!!!!
ohhhh i cant the dam uninstall file!:'(
ahhh found it ^^

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by Dan-Erik on 03-09-2004 at 08:02 PM

Well, i've got Xp. But it still doesn't work. Tried to reinstall it, but it came up with the same error again.

Any suggestions?

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by CookieRevised on 03-09-2004 at 09:08 PM

There are 2 things you need to install in the ZIP-file you've downloaded, for detailed instructions, see http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21...d=208117#pid208117

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by _BassReFLeX_ on 03-11-2004 at 11:15 AM

MsnHandWriting Plugin :

You must install first: InkRedist.msi or Setup.exe (it's the same)
Then... : Install ' Installer.exe '
Then....: Restart MSN
Then....: use it

REQUIRMENTS :

- MsnHandWriting plugin works only in Windows XP
- You cannot send handwritings to your friend if he is using Windows Messenger, so MSN Messenger (Plus!) 6.1 and up !

that's it

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by xtremelhj on 03-11-2004 at 01:07 PM

i use xp but still encounter the problem after uninstalling and installing msn messenger until i uninstall msgplus
pls help

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by CookieRevised on 03-11-2004 at 02:11 PM

AGAIN: There are 2 things you need to install in the ZIP-file you've downloaded, for detailed instructions, see http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21...d=208117#pid208117

PLEASE people... READ the instruction FIRST... :(

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by _BassReFLeX_ on 03-11-2004 at 04:53 PM

Yeah... and ... I think ... do you know how does it look ?

maybe they install it but just don't know how to use :P

If you use the plugin in the menu, it doesn't give any handwriting.
You have to change the handwriting mode : ( I put a pic )

Wanted to post this pic just not do get confused , cos when I downloaded the plugin, I hardly found where to change the mode to handwriting :D

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by Pappapishu on 03-17-2004 at 02:19 PM

i have handwriting and have not experienced such bug

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by zoz on 03-24-2004 at 03:39 PM

hi
ireally need that program
can any one help me to get it too
:$

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by Tochjo on 03-24-2004 at 05:18 PM

You can download the Handwriting plug-in at http://plugins.msgplus.net/down/?action=file&id=70.

Look at http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22276 for very detailed instructions, if you need help :)

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by funckycha on 03-24-2004 at 10:20 PM

Hey!
I just installed Handwritting too. I think it's great but I would actually like to try and uninstall it because msn is not working well AT ALL for me now. I don't know if it's msn itself or my crappy network or this handwritting stuff. So it's just a testing.

So I tried to delete the pluggins in my program files, but even with msn shut down, it won't delete it. It says access denied. What could I do then to delete and uninstall this software?

Thanx for help!

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by CookieRevised on 03-25-2004 at 02:37 AM

you need to completely close msn messenger (right-click on its icon in the system tray and choose "exit") or kill the process msnmsgr.exe (ctrl-alt-del).

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by chanamy on 07-09-2004 at 04:57 AM

how come i can't use msn handwritting? i installed it but omggggg i tried finding Ink Redistributables  but mess.be dun work anymore.. soo where can i find Ink Redistributables  ?

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by CookieRevised on 07-09-2004 at 06:45 AM

Search the forum, there are already TONS of threads about it....

So, yet again:
Download The Handwriting Plugin (incl. Ink redistributables) from here:
http://www.mess.be/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=download&id=515
(you do NOT need anything else)

And read carefully the very detailed instructions here before installing:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22276
(and follow the instructions exactly.)

RE: huge bug after installing msnhandwriting by leven yue on 07-13-2004 at 09:56 AM

you can use InfoPenMSN instead.
InfoPenMSN can work on win98/me/2000/xp platforms.
you can get detail infomations from the following URL:
www.infopen.com.cn