Shoutbox

Docked msn should be more width... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Docked msn should be more width... (/showthread.php?tid=22001)

Docked msn should be more width... by Barisko on 03-02-2004 at 02:02 PM

Hello,

If I dock my Dutch MSN with the help of Plus! The menu will be sepparated in two rows. (see screenshot)

[Image: attachment.php?tid=22001&pid=208053]

I think this is very easy to solve by changing the with of the docked window. But how?

thanks,
Barisko

RE: Docked msn should be more width... by CookieRevised on 03-02-2004 at 04:22 PM

You can't change the width when your MSN is docked. That's a limitation in the current version. I dunno if this will change or not in Messenger Plus! 3.

RE: Docked msn should be more width... by Barisko on 03-02-2004 at 05:24 PM

ok, i know that you can't change the width when is is docked...

but, is it maybe possible to change that standard width somewhere? regkey? reshack?

RE: Docked msn should be more width... by CookieRevised on 03-02-2004 at 05:56 PM

nope, if it was, I would've told you ;)

RE: Docked msn should be more width... by Patchou on 03-03-2004 at 06:49 AM

Plus!3 will have a reg key so that the width is not modified when the window is docked :)

RE: Docked msn should be more width... by Barisko on 03-03-2004 at 10:35 AM

Patchou, you are great! Can't wait!

RE: Docked msn should be more width... by Choli on 03-03-2004 at 12:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
You can't change the width when your MSN is docked.
I have the same problem and I can change the width and then the Plus menu goes in the same row and the others. However if I'm not wrong, I think that the new width isn't remembered and the next time I dock it, it shows plus menu in the 2nd row.

I'll test this (again) when I'm at home, but I'm 99% sure that happens as I'm saying.
RE: Docked msn should be more width... by CookieRevised on 03-03-2004 at 12:19 PM

Sorry, yes it is, but what I meant was: You can't set a fixed width that Plus! will use for docking the window. It will always be a predefined width. (hmmm... if that makes more sense :D)

On a sidenote:
When you press "maximize" on a docked messenger, instead of maximizing, nothing happens (minimizing works). -> MP!3 idea?

RE: Docked msn should be more width... by Choli on 03-03-2004 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Sorry, yes it is, but what I meant was: You can't set a fixed width that Plus! will use for docking the window. It will always be a predefined width. (hmmm... if that makes more sense :D)

(Y) yep, makes sense and that's what happens
quote:
On a sidenote: When you press "maximize" on a docked messenger, instead of maximizing, nothing happens. (minimize works) -> MP!3 idea?
i haven't used those buttons when docked, but that's a good idea for mp!3