Shoutbox

make it stop! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: make it stop! (/showthread.php?tid=22036)

make it stop! by RiceLidy on 03-03-2004 at 11:35 AM

hi, yeh, when like, oh ive got the latest version of windows and all that so its not that, but when i type to my friend on messenger and plus! custom popup comes onto screen my key gets stuck and the letter keeps going like thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss and then window goes blue and it say URQL_NO_LESS_ONLY_EQUAL and i dont kno whats going on?! please help?!

RE: make it stop! by bach_m on 03-03-2004 at 11:55 AM

virus, prolly. get an anitvirus scanner...

which u shud have already

RE: make it stop! by Choli on 03-03-2004 at 12:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RiceLidy
hen i type to my friend on messenger and plus! custom popup comes onto screen my key gets stuck
does that happen if plus doesn't show any popup?
quote:
the letter keeps going like thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
if you press the key yourself to produce thatttttttttttttttttttt, does windows show the blue screen?
quote:
then window goes blue and it say URQL_NO_LESS_ONLY_EQUAL
could you say exactly all that you can see when that appears, please?
quote:
i dont kno whats going on?! please help?!
well, i'm not sure what's happening, but i don't think it's plus' fault.
try to answer this questions:
what versions of windows,.messenger and plus are you running exactly?
did you installed any other software, spacially any driver?
try to provide all info you can.-
RE: RE: make it stop! by RiceLidy on 03-03-2004 at 12:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
hen i type to my friend on messenger and plus! custom popup comes onto screen my key gets stuck
does that happen if plus doesn't show any popup?
quote:

when popup is on screen the key goes stuck and then window goes blue, only happen whens the popup shows up

the letter keeps going like thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
if you press the key yourself to produce thatttttttttttttttttttt, does windows show the blue screen?
quote:
then window goes blue and it say URQL_NO_LESS_ONLY_EQUAL
could you say exactly all that you can see when that appears, please?

no it do not happen this is a very new computer it dosnt have any problem like that

quote:
i dont kno whats going on?! please help?!
well, i'm not sure what's happening, but i don't think it's plus' fault.
try to answer this questions:
what versions of windows,.messenger and plus are you running exactly?
did you installed any other software, spacially any driver?
try to provide all info you can.-

it happens exactly when popup goes away, all screen is completely blue and there is a very strange numbers on screen and error it says something on the lines of what i post before

i have windows 2000 professional service packed recently and i have very latest msnger windows and plus!
RE: make it stop! by Choli on 03-03-2004 at 12:15 PM

quote:
it happens exactly when popup goes away, all screen is completely blue and there is a very strange numbers on screen and error it says something on the lines of what i post before
copy all that and post it here (even if that doesn't make sense to you)

also answer if you have other software like plus (that runs with messenger) or if you installed some drivers recently
RE: make it stop! by Mnjul on 03-03-2004 at 12:16 PM

I know what you mean, RiceLidy, it's a NT BSOD (Blue Screen of Death, Windows 95/98/Me's lovers must know what I'm talking about): IRQL_NO_LESS_ONLY_EQUAL

Next time you encounter it, would you write down (with your pen and paper) the four parameters and, if applicable, the file (usually somewhat.sys or somewhat.exe or somewhat.dll) mentioned in the BSOD?

RE: RE: make it stop! by RiceLidy on 03-03-2004 at 12:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
copy all that and post it here (even if that doesn't make sense to you)

also answer if you have other software like plus (that runs with messenger) or if you installed some drivers recently

i use winamp and icq does that make problems? i only install windows word and office recently
RE: make it stop! by Choli on 03-03-2004 at 12:23 PM

Do what Mnjul is saying. Do you use any dodgy pluging with winamp (although that shouldn't cause any bsod)?

RE: make it stop! by RiceLidy on 03-03-2004 at 12:26 PM

i uninstall plus i am downloading and i will write down all code and post it here, i did notice some strange icon on desktop when i install plus? is that maybe be it cus i deleted that

RE: make it stop! by Choli on 03-03-2004 at 12:32 PM

that icon may be the optional sponor program that comes with plus.  you shouldn't delete it yourself. read http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598 to know more.

RE: make it stop! by Patchou on 03-03-2004 at 06:25 PM

The IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error message comes 90% of the time from a bad driver installed. A "normal" software can't cause this kind of system error. I suggest you to reinstall all the drivers of your hardware.

RE: make it stop! by RiceLidy on 03-04-2004 at 01:07 AM

i think it might be bad for me deleting icon becus blue screen happens when i use printer and recycle bin now and sometimes browser crashs ielegal operation

i writed code and paper

says lot of 00000 i dunot write down it

UIRQL_NOT_LESSOR_EQUIL
Adres 8042F259
bas at 80400000, dat stamp 3DF90C0D ntoskrnl.exe
Beginning dump of physical memory...

RE: make it stop! by Mnjul on 03-04-2004 at 01:10 AM

ntoskrnl.exe

I'm quite sure it's nothing about Plus!...
(As you are using Windows 2000, I am not going to ask you if you have changed your boot screen...)
Anyone?

RE: make it stop! by chungster on 03-04-2004 at 01:22 AM

maybe he just TRIED to get a new boot screen which he cant and that might be the illegal operation.

RE: make it stop! by Mnjul on 03-04-2004 at 01:24 AM

It's rather imposslbe, chungster, if I am not wrong, changing bootscreen seems to be seen only for windows XP:S (anyway it's resource hacking)

RE: make it stop! by RiceLidy on 03-04-2004 at 01:33 AM

i not change anyfing except i install plus and winamp and my dad cant use printer but he say it ok he will take it to get fix

RE: make it stop! by chungster on 03-04-2004 at 03:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
It's rather imposslbe, chungster, if I am not wrong, changing bootscreen seems to be seen only for windows XP:S (anyway it's resource hacking)

well thats the thing i was saying since you cant install boot screens putting the file in there made it invalid and since it wasnt the case it wont do him any good o well