Shoutbox

It looks like that Patchou has to work again... :( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: It looks like that Patchou has to work again... :( (/showthread.php?tid=22039)

It looks like that Patchou has to work again... :( by Mike on 03-03-2004 at 12:05 PM

Well in mess.be they said about MSN 6.2 that is coming.So probably Microsoft will do everything to prevent MsgPlus! running on MSN 6.2...

So Patchou will probably have to work again.... :(

RE: It looks like that Patchou has to work again... :( by Mnjul on 03-03-2004 at 12:13 PM

Patchou has already said something about this:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21...d=208344#pid208344

RE: It looks like that Patchou has to work again... :( by Wabz on 03-03-2004 at 01:45 PM

:banana:  I can't imagine Microsoft changing much in 6.2 especially when in theory Messenger 7 Should be released in July.

RE: It looks like that Patchou has to work again... :( by GiantSpider on 03-03-2004 at 01:49 PM

Whelen. perhaps u shud check mess.be

RE: It looks like that Patchou has to work again... :( by reisyboy on 03-03-2004 at 07:04 PM

Well even if it does make him a lil more work, there will be nothing that will stop Patchou on his quest :)

RE: It looks like that Patchou has to work again... :( by Patchou on 03-03-2004 at 07:22 PM

Well, if MSN Messenger 6.2 is released in April, Messenger 7 won't probably be released until around Halloween. And as for Microsoft prenventing me from doing my job, I don't think it has ever been in their priority list as I bring them more users and I don't cause them any problem (for example, I don't access the protocol). For now, everyone is happy all together and if Microsoft doesn't want of my program anymore at some point, they'll probably send me an email :).

RE: It looks like that Patchou has to work again... :( by Hank on 03-04-2004 at 12:55 AM

what will this mean for trillian users ( not that i do use trillian) as it states

The new site holds a list of Authorized Users of .NET Messenger Service. The programs in this list are allowed to use the MSN protocol. For now the only allowed client are:

MSN Messenger for Windows or Mac , Windows Messenger , MSN TV service , Microsoft TV set-top box , MSN Mobile , Windows Mobile-based devices, including Pocket PC and Smartphone , Windows CE .NET-based devices, including Windows CE .NET 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 , MSN Messenger Connect for Enterprises ( IMlogic , Vayusphere , Akonix ). Programs not listed (like trillian and bots) are considered illegal.

as above it mentions trillian & bots are considered to be illegal, is microsoft trying to stop trillian users from using msn in trillian eventually?

RE: It looks like that Patchou has to work again... :( by Patchou on 03-04-2004 at 03:31 AM

Well, Trillian IS and has always been illegal in the way that it uses Microsoft resources without paying a cent. But I'm pretty sure they'll come to an agreement.