Shoutbox

Spam! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Spam! (/showthread.php?tid=22128)

Spam! by GiantSpider on 03-04-2004 at 08:52 PM

Has ne1 else noticed the amount of spam on the boards since new members came in January. like that ricelady. 40 odd posts in 2 pissin days. its fukin redickulas

RE: Spam! by Choli on 03-04-2004 at 09:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
40 odd posts in 2 pissin days
there are people who have posted 50 posts/day :mipdodgy:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22101

but we can't do anything but report posts. :-/
RE: Spam! by musicalmidget on 03-04-2004 at 09:20 PM

I'm sure the admins will notice those who spam the boards, and I'm sure they will get what they deserve. :grin:

RE: Spam! by Johnny_Mac on 03-04-2004 at 09:20 PM

I must have done one of the longest shifts for a while on this forum, at least 6 hours today.

I have cleared as much of it as I can, and have deleted at least 60 posts today from a variety of members. Me and Mnjul have split about 30 threads. ATM i'm reading every new post in every thread to keep an eye on it. It's a bit difficult to keep up with Muss and Chrono away, I went for dinner before and came back to a whole page of new posts - however please dont hold back from reporting anything, I will make sure i will look at it.

Sorry if it's still a bit messy, i'm still doing random thread checks on yesterdays threads. :undecided:

RE: Spam! by Theo on 03-04-2004 at 09:34 PM

Yes i complain all the time. Will anything be done..............nope.

RE: Spam! by ILuBPaTcHoU on 03-05-2004 at 01:02 AM

i noticed it too its annoying

RE: Spam! by bach_m on 03-05-2004 at 01:03 AM

it IS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Spam! by ThuggishRuggish on 03-05-2004 at 01:10 AM

lol, from what it sounds like the admins are having a hard time keeping up with RiceLidy and her friend, please dont mistake me for one of these people just becasuse im new, i think ricelidy really needs to grow up and get a life, its time people upgraded from msn messenger to a real life ffs, im sick of these noobs fucking shit up for us

RE: RE: Spam! by doughboyy on 03-05-2004 at 01:14 AM

as i said earlier in the other thread.

quote:
Originally posted by farmer_john
ughh. so much fucking spam that for once i'm getting sick and tired of it. urghhh.

i've so far seen 11 spilt posts that are by Ricelidy. (just realized that he or she left the forums.
5 by ILuBPaTcHoU
5 by Rajah the lover
and 3 by ThuggishRuggish

[Image: attachment.php?tid=22101&pid=209226]

and most of these users are new to the forums. uggh. so much spam.

offtopic: cool smilie is :mipdodgy: so cool

RE: Spam! by musicalmidget on 03-05-2004 at 10:27 PM

Wow, there must have been three more bans since I was last online.

Maybe things will calm down now. :banana:

RE: Spam! by dotNorma on 03-05-2004 at 10:48 PM

Well , with all this new Messenger Plus! 3 release stuff we are sure to get lots new members. With Chrono and Muss gone what will we do :P

Anyway , All I can do to help is report so I will be on watch just like Johny_Mac :P

RE: Spam! by GiantSpider on 03-05-2004 at 10:52 PM

I say we appoint a temp mod. help ease the strain

RE: Spam! by theguy on 03-05-2004 at 11:01 PM

How about (-04:00 GMT) like me?

RE: Spam! by bach_m on 03-05-2004 at 11:07 PM

he he, he he. no.

u from the east coast of canada???

what about -5 GMT??? :gfrdrin:

RE: Spam! by theguy on 03-05-2004 at 11:18 PM

yes. Nah, 4.

RE: Spam! by musicalmidget on 03-05-2004 at 11:58 PM

I don't really think a temp mod is needed. :p

As long as members continue to report all the bad posts, the other members of staff will deal with it.

RE: Spam! by Choli on 03-06-2004 at 12:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
I don't really think a temp mod is needed. :p

As long as members continue to report all the bad posts, the other members of staff will deal with it.
I agree. Currently WDZ doesn't use to do mod actions so while Chrono and Muss are gone, he can help Mnjul and J_Mac.

btw, since when are they gone? are they on holidays or what? I didn't know that. can someone explain me that?
RE: Spam! by musicalmidget on 03-06-2004 at 12:36 AM

I'm pretty sure Muss is on holiday, not sure about Chrono.  He's probably on holiday to. :p

RE: Spam! by WDZ on 03-06-2004 at 12:45 AM

Chrono went on vacation to the beach... I'm not sure how long he's staying, but he should be back soon... :-/

I've been doing a little more moderating than usual the last few days. All that spamming yesterday kinda set back my work on the upgrade, though. Also, I was expecting to be home alone during the week so I could relax and concentrate on work, but that didn't happen. I probably would have upgraded on Tuesday or Wednesday if I had a "good working environment." :P

I still hope to get the upgrade done before this week is over, though, so I've got until midnight Saturday. :refuck:

RE: Spam! by Choli on 03-06-2004 at 01:11 AM

Well, WDZ, I prefer you do moderating and clean spam than upgrade to RC2 if there is spam at the forums and the mods can't delete it.

RE: Spam! by Johnny_Mac on 03-06-2004 at 04:32 AM

Admins need to do basics as well, that includes all of them. It would be impossible for me and Mnjul to cover the whole forums these past few days.

RE: Spam! by frog on 03-06-2004 at 04:35 AM

wdz is lazy, chris is basically never on, and patchou.. well.. hes making mp3 so he dont have the time... simple

RE: Spam! by GiantSpider on 03-06-2004 at 09:03 AM

WDZ isn't lazy. He's busy config RC2. Chris isn't on cos he's a lead deveoler for myBBoard. Patchous sortin out MP!3. n wj is just busy.... 

RE: Spam! by frog on 03-06-2004 at 10:10 AM

i already said that in another post -__-    anddz is lazey.. we all know that :P... sept you.. obviously :P

RE: Spam! by Wabz on 03-06-2004 at 11:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
WDZ isn't lazy. He's busy config RC2. Chris isn't on cos he's a lead deveoler for myBBoard. Patchous sortin out MP!3. n wj is just busy....   

I don;t think thats fair Mnjul and J mac are doing a great job!  It happens all the time People post spam, unfortuantly with a program like Plus!  which is so easy and simple to use and work, we expect a young n00bish following.  come on most of you have spammed from time to time. My post count proves I have.  Nows the time to be a bit more considerate to the Mods and Admins and give them a break. 

RE: Spam! by Choli on 03-06-2004 at 02:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
Admins need to do basics as well, that includes all of them. It would be impossible for me and Mnjul to cover the whole forums these past few days.
btw, what about fraisie? does she do moderating?
RE: Spam! by Fraisie on 03-06-2004 at 02:44 PM

Yeah, I moderate... for the past minutes, I've been deleting posts by two spammers... we wont name them....

RE: Spam! by Wabz on 03-06-2004 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PiratesOfTheCaribbean
Yeah, I moderate... for the past minutes, I've been deleting posts by two spammers... we wont name them....

I've already PM'd DZ about a certain one who's been slightly more annoying

It's a shame after all we seem to have 360 good days a year

RE: Spam! by bach_m on 03-06-2004 at 03:02 PM

ya. i've reported a bunch of posts in the last 10 minutes, and up to a week ago, i reported maybe 1 a week....

this is getting out of hand

RE: Spam! by Johnny_Mac on 03-06-2004 at 05:59 PM

Thanks for your help on reporting btw, makes it a hell of a lot easier! (y)

RE: Spam! by Choli on 03-06-2004 at 08:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
Thanks for your help on reporting btw, makes it a hell of a lot easier! (y)
no problem
apart from helping other members with problem with plus etc... we're also here to help you, mods & admins, to keep these forums clean and tidy ;)
RE: Spam! by Dr4g0n on 03-06-2004 at 09:03 PM

I can understand there will be more people on here during the build up to MP!3, but this shouldnt mean ppl spam....

What is the world coming to?