Shoutbox

Encryption Problems... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Encryption Problems... (/showthread.php?tid=22176)

Encryption Problems... by LovePyrs on 03-06-2004 at 01:34 AM

A couple of weeks ago, I changed my encryption password.  After being asked if I wanted to change the password on all of my other encrypted logs, I said yes, and entered the password (the previous password) and received a message saying that I had the wrong password.  I know for a fact that the password was NOT wrong.  After messing with it for a few more minutes I had to stop and frankly forgot about the problem until trying to access my logs tonight. 

I need help here, please.  Like I said, I know that the password I entered wasn't incorrect, but for grins I tried other passwords that I use and NONE of those worked either.  I have a set of passwords that I use so I know that I didn't make up some whacky password.  Why am I getting this error?  I seriously need these logs opened.  Please, please help.

Thank you!

RE: Encryption Problems... by ronnie on 03-06-2004 at 10:05 PM

Encryption Problems...

me too
I need help here, please.  Like I said, I know that the password I entered wasn't incorrect, but for grins I tried other passwords that I use and NONE of those worked either.  I have a set of passwords that I use so I know that I didn't make up some whacky password.  Why am I getting this error?  I seriously need these logs opened.  Please, please help.

Thank you!

RE: Encryption Problems... by BooGhost on 03-07-2004 at 01:40 AM

if the password doesn't work.... theres NO way to fix it....

if there was a way.... it wouldn't be secure.... would it?

Patchou, heard all these numerous complains, how about adding a optional (unticked by default) secret question (like in hotmail)

this question can sometimes be easily answered by some of the ppl you know :P

RE: Encryption Problems... by ronnie on 03-07-2004 at 01:06 PM

thx
try again and again.... T-T

RE: Encryption Problems... by ronnie on 03-07-2004 at 01:11 PM

when i changed password ... i type it 2 times.
so i can remember password. but it can't open the file..

RE: Encryption Problems... by billywoods1 on 03-07-2004 at 01:19 PM

There have been numerous complaints about this on IRC and unfortunately I don't think anyone's found an answer. :s Have you tried the new AND old password? Have you tried changing it again (using the new and old ones as the 'previous' password)?

RE: Encryption Problems... by bach_m on 03-07-2004 at 02:03 PM

i think patchou has found a way to fix this, and it will be incorporated into Plus 3

RE: Encryption Problems... by ronnie on 03-07-2004 at 04:24 PM

thank you

RE: Encryption Problems... by ronnie on 03-07-2004 at 04:32 PM

hi patchou
i send you an .ple file by email.
please send me a right password..

waiting for your help

RE: Encryption Problems... by CookieRevised on 03-07-2004 at 05:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ronnie
hi patchou
i send you an .ple file by email.
please send me a right password..
waiting for your help
That won't do anything good. If you're lost your passowrd, there is no way you could get it back. Even Patchou can't do this...

RE: Encryption Problems... by ronnie on 03-07-2004 at 05:49 PM

how can i tell you i didn't lost my password.. cause i have only one password. the first time i type my password (in eng) but didn't change my keyboard to english. so i type it in thai with a charecter key of eng.. so one day i think may be i will forget this trick . so i change my password to the right way.. i'm type it 2 times to confirm the new password.. but it make me can't open that file......

tell you the true...T-T 

RE: Encryption Problems... by rikjetikje on 08-29-2004 at 05:59 PM

I have exactly the same, i wanted to put a new password on my chatlogs because my brother knew my password and i didnt want him to read it.. so i changed it, and then the thing appeared where i had to put the old password in, and it said it was incorrect, but it wasnt.. so i continue and now neither the new or old password works..

maybe it is an error in the Msg+ code ?
maybe theres an error that sets the password to something like "no entry" or something, i dont know how the coding works... but i think it would be logical if there is some error that sets the password to something like that and that everyone with this problem now has that password*-):|:)8-|:S8-)..maybe

RE: Encryption Problems... by rikjetikje on 09-07-2004 at 09:05 PM

thanks for all the help..

i noticed some other topics about this subject.. is there a sollution yet?