Shoutbox

Upgrade request: change log - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Upgrade request: change log (/showthread.php?tid=22275)

Upgrade request: change log by bach_m on 03-07-2004 at 12:08 AM

Since DZ said somewhere that hes given himself until the end of hte night to upgrade (no pressure), i have a small request:

a change log of all the things that a regualr user will notice. not the sill bug fixes, but things like [attachment], and what they do.

but only if u want :P

RE: Upgrade request: change log by WDZ on 03-07-2004 at 12:20 AM

Well, I don't think there's any cool new features that are going to be hidden or un-documented. :p I'll make sure [attachment] is on the BBCode help page.

I've been concentrating on the recent spam problems quite a bit, so that's delaying the upgrade... I might still upgrade tonight... depends on my mood... :p

RE: Upgrade request: change log by bach_m on 03-07-2004 at 12:24 AM

hmm. ok....

so thats a "no" to the chnage log. oki :P

RE: Upgrade request: change log by Wabz on 03-07-2004 at 01:37 AM

Ohhhh Upgrade tonight :banana:

I hope good luck DZ you know we dont want you to rush really take more time.  I'd say you'd need it finished before the 20th personally so everythings smooth for the onslaught of new members who'll join as plus! 3 is released :)

RE: Upgrade request: change log by WDZ on 03-07-2004 at 05:33 AM

Sorry, but tonight isn't a good time to upgrade. Something came up, and I won't be home tomorrow... I want to be around after the upgrade so I can keep an eye on it and make sure there aren't any problems.

Tomorrow (Sunday) night should be good... hopefully... :$

RE: Upgrade request: change log by Vantage on 03-07-2004 at 05:40 AM

if i were in WDZ's position i'd say: Piss off it's late im tired im off ask someone else!

im jking when will they be uptdated :rolleyes:

RE: Upgrade request: change log by WDZ on 03-07-2004 at 07:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vantage
if i were in WDZ's position i'd say: Piss off it's late im tired im off ask someone else!
You wouldn't make a very good admin... ^o)

Anyways...

Upgrade status: I just installed PHP 4.3.4 on my PC, and I can use it to do PHP syntax checks, which is pretty damn cool. :P

I used to have to upload a file, test it, find out there's a parse error, fix it, then re-upload. Now I can find parse errors without uploading. I found a few in my upgrade code and fixed them, so that should mean less downtime during the upgrade. [Image: mininana.gif]
RE: Upgrade request: change log by theguy on 03-07-2004 at 11:25 AM

Yay! Goog luck with the upgrade DZ.

RE: Upgrade request: change log by Anubis on 03-07-2004 at 01:16 PM

I'm looking forward to the upgrade but at the end of the day it's going to be mainly for security

RE: Upgrade request: change log by WDZ on 03-08-2004 at 04:21 AM

The new code will definitely be more secure. (Y)

Unfortunately, I've been gone all day, longer than I expected, and I have no time to work now... sorry. :wall:

This is getting ridiculous. :$

RE: Upgrade request: change log by chris on 03-08-2004 at 04:23 AM

Is the upgrade going to be RC1 Or RC2?

RE: Upgrade request: change log by WDZ on 03-08-2004 at 06:02 AM

RC2/RC3. :p It has all the RC2 stuff, and I've fixed most of the RC2 bugs that have been reported so far.

RE: Upgrade request: change log by Wabz on 03-08-2004 at 10:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
RC2/RC3. :p It has all the RC2 stuff, and I've fixed most of the RC2 bugs that have been reported so far.

:banana:  Does this mean we basically have RC3  before it's released with a bit of DZ code modifiying :P
RE: Upgrade request: change log by bach_m on 03-08-2004 at 11:58 AM

i guess...

hooray for DZ. :P

RE: Upgrade request: change log by musicalmidget on 03-08-2004 at 03:51 PM

Looks like we will be ahead after the upgrade rather than behind...making this the best myBB board out there again. :p

RE: Upgrade request: change log by Wabz on 03-08-2004 at 07:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
Looks like we will be ahead after the upgrade rather than behind...making this the best myBB board out there again. :p

Yeah mind that if Likethats server worked properly we wouldnt be very far behind would we now?