Shoutbox

Banzaii!!! Ze Retour - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Banzaii!!! Ze Retour (/showthread.php?tid=2233)

Banzaii!!! Ze Retour by Patchou on 11-21-2002 at 02:49 PM

Hey people!

as the previous thread has been misteriously deleted from the server, I start a new one on the same subject... who thinks GameCube is a bad console (use the Poll to say what is your favorite new gen console)? warning, that's a trick questions.. depending on your answers, I may simply remove you from the Alpha Tester list (if you're already on it).... hehe.... you've been warned :p

Patchou
PS: feeeeel the paaooower!!!!! :cool: :grin:

[no subject] by Johnny_Mac on 11-21-2002 at 10:20 PM

I aint on the list so me doesnt give a... :grin:

[no subject] by Muss on 11-22-2002 at 12:34 AM

Me not on the list, or going to apply either so...

Gamecube and Xbox suck :refuck:

[no subject] by shine on 11-22-2002 at 04:18 AM

LOL me too  :grin:

[no subject] by Patchou on 11-22-2002 at 06:26 AM

well, ya know, it would be so simple for me to add something in MP2 such as

if(sSigninEmail == JohnnyMac@whatever.com)
   exit;

so... you were saying?.... :p

[no subject] by shine on 11-22-2002 at 07:16 AM

:rolleyes:  :grin:  Johnny Mac :refuck:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

[no subject] by user2319 on 11-22-2002 at 09:05 AM

Gamecube!!! also i aint on the list!

[no subject] by user2319 on 11-22-2002 at 08:04 PM

hmm.. have played x-box its not wonderful but it has something. I have a NGC @ home and i love it and i didnt played enough on PS2 to say something about it exept that its graphics are outdated

me ignorant by mikee on 11-22-2002 at 08:43 PM

The only console I have ever played is the PS1. Does anybody think that I am missing out by not owning a console?

I own a pretty good (imho) PC so i never thought i really needed a console to play games.

[no subject] by user2319 on 11-22-2002 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mikee
The only console I have ever played is the PS1. Does anybody think that I am missing out by not owning a console?

I own a pretty good (imho) PC so i never thought i really needed a console to play games.

you are missing something but pc is good as well
[no subject] by Patchou on 11-22-2002 at 09:54 PM

It's been now two years that I decided tyhat Iwould stop playing on a PC and I still don't regret it... with a console, you buy the game, you put it in the system and tada, it works, no hassle, you play, that's cool. With a PC, there's always a problem a patch to download.. that's very annoying. It was not like that some years ago, that's a shame.

Anyway, PS2 is pretty cool, X-Box is the most powerful but the one with the less interesting exclusive games, and Game Cube, well, I always likes the style of Nintendo games, I particulary love what they do with this system (and the GBA connection is a great idea).

[no subject] by AI on 11-22-2002 at 11:37 PM

Well the PS2 itself is outdated @ the moment, they're working hard on something like the PS3 :tongue:

[no subject] by Swaptor on 11-22-2002 at 11:44 PM

But then again; will it ever stop?!

And even a bigger question; will all the new consoles be downward-compatible? So will it be possible to play all the old games on this new and better console?
I know Sony achieved it with the PS2, but will it in the future, or do you have to start all over again?  :huh:

[no subject] by Bugz on 11-23-2002 at 10:06 AM

I only manage a pc, but I play PlayStation, GameCube and Nintendo64 a lot with my friends. Do I miss something by not having the abbility to play PS2 or X-Box?

RE: by user2319 on 11-26-2002 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Morpheus
quote:
Originally posted by Swaptor
And even a bigger question; will all the new consoles be downward-compatible? So will it be possible to play all the old games on this new and better console?
As long as the PlayStation consoles keep using compact disks to run their games on, I don't think there will be a problem. Has anyone ever seen that article about PlayStation 9? It's kind of like being inserted into the Matrix... :shocked: It uses biotechnology. Of course, it's just a bunch of speculations. Let's just hope we live long enough to see it released. :wink:

hmmm.... lets better hope sony doesnt releases a new console soon. cuz if you bougt a ps2 you dont want a nwe console to fast cuz you just bought a ps2. btw NINTENDO says ngc wil not be replaced for atleast 8 (!) years which (i think) is very long!!

RE: by user2319 on 12-06-2002 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bugz
I only manage a pc, but I play PlayStation, GameCube and Nintendo64 a lot with my friends. Do I miss something by not having the abbility to play PS2 or X-Box?

Playing with friends is th most fun ofcourse!!!!! but maybve you should vbuy a console. its your choice
RE: Banzaii!!! Ze Retour by s7a5 on 03-22-2003 at 10:45 PM

I like Dandy :lol:

RE: Banzaii!!! Ze Retour by STMB on 03-23-2003 at 03:56 AM

The Gamecube is the best one imo.  I always liked Nintendo's games, and I still love them on the NGC.  Plus, it's THE party console (4 players), and it's a big plus (especially with games like Super Smash Bros Melee...).  It has a good controller (not too big, like the Dreamcast and the X-Box ones) and there is even a wireless model.  Oh, and I never heard that the Gamecube will be there for 8 years, unless they add some kind of expansions to the console.  In fact, I heard that they were already planning another console...
The PS2 is not bad, but it interests me a lot less than the PS1 did.  If I ever get one, it'll be only for the Final Fantasy games... I liked the PS1 mostly for its RPGs, but now the Gamecube has some decent ones (Phantasy Star Online, Skies of Arcadia...), well, the PS2 is a bit less appealing to me.  Plus, a lot of games that comes out for the PS2 are also coming out for the NGC.  But I must admit that the PS2 is a very good system but I don't like the fact that they already want to release a PS3 (which could happen in the next year or two, three years at the most...), since a lot of people bought a PS2 already and probably aren't interested in buying another console not even three years later...
The X-Box... the only thing that I find good in this console is the performance.  Apart from that, I must say that they don't have enough exclusive titles (compared to Nintendo and Sony's consoles)...  most of the games that are coming out for the X-Box console are also coming out for the NGC, the PS2 and PC.  Of course it has its good games too, but it's not enough to me.  However, the fact that Rare migrated to Micosoft's console may make me buy one, only because of Perfect Dark...lol
In the end, all three consoles are worth trying, but I prefer the NGC, maybe only because I like the Mario, Donkey Kong and Zelda games (and no, I'm not some 8 years-old kid, I'm actually 18 and I've been playing games since I was 2).  I actually like its design too, and since I have a GBA, the connectivity between both consoles interests me.  I'll probably end up with the 3 consoles, but for now I'll stick with the NGC...  I think that the three consoles has its advantages, and that choosing one is a matter of taste...  actually, someone I know prefer the Dreamcast...lol

RE: Banzaii!!! Ze Retour by Web_Master on 03-23-2003 at 09:36 AM

i got a gba and its great, otherwise i stick wid da n64

RE: Banzaii!!! Ze Retour by snoop dogg on 03-25-2003 at 03:39 AM

n64 is good but they don't make wny more games so it sux(N)
:wall:

RE: Banzaii!!! Ze Retour by D:Frag on 03-25-2003 at 09:59 PM

I'm staying with my PC... I have GB, GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, N64, PS1, ATARI... as emulators :refuck: they work very well with the PC's controller :P  but for portability... I'm considering the GBA, the new one, i think it is the SP, that has light integrated and can be folded so you can take it in your pocket safely :D

If I had to buy a console, it would be an X-Box, it's very powerful, very promising network gaming and some good games... not better as the other consoles, but I can always download the emulator :P

RE: Banzaii!!! Ze Retour by dom. on 03-25-2003 at 10:44 PM

I dunno, my family own a ps2 (not me wtbw so shut it :refuck: (inside jk :grin: ) ) and that's pretty cool, im might be able to get a deal n get a xbox for £20, so cool (Y)

also, ive herd tht nintendo have bought sonic ? is this so? if yes then.. IM BUYING A F(#)(#)KING GC! :grin: I love sonic :happy:... i didnt vote, sorry...

maybe if you, patchou, send me all 3 i can evaluate them all eh? ;) :D

RE: Banzaii!!! Ze Retour by ganjaman on 03-25-2003 at 10:50 PM

game cube is boring

RE: Banzaii!!! Ze Retour by Chrono on 03-26-2003 at 01:23 AM

PS2 have the best games so... :tongue:

RE: RE: Banzaii!!! Ze Retour by D:Frag on 03-26-2003 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono

The best and the worst :refuck:
RE: RE: RE: Banzaii!!! Ze Retour by Guido on 03-26-2003 at 05:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by D:Frag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono

The best and the worst :refuck:

and the most. :P
RE: RE: Banzaii!!! Ze Retour by user2319 on 03-26-2003 at 06:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ganjaman
game cube is boring

It good to show your opinion. But uh.. please tell us why..

MSGPLUS! sucks!

WHY?

urh.. I donnow.. :#