Shoutbox

Signature - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Signature (/showthread.php?tid=22561)

Signature by Seiya on 03-13-2004 at 12:18 PM

I want to know why they had removed my signature! it did not have nothing of missed in!

RE: Signature by Tochjo on 03-13-2004 at 12:18 PM

I don't know your signature, but could it have been too big?

RE: Signature by musicalmidget on 03-13-2004 at 12:21 PM

It obviously violated the forum rules in some way.  Have a read of the rules again and see what was wrong.

RE: Signature by Choli on 03-13-2004 at 12:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Seiya
I want to know why they had removed my signature! it did not have nothing of missed in!
Did you put something against the rules?
RE: Signature by Seiya on 03-13-2004 at 12:26 PM

My signature is not big! I it use in several fóruns, nobody complains, exists signature until big that mine!

RE: Signature by Mnjul on 03-13-2004 at 12:30 PM

Your signature just contains an invalid image...(at least my IE can not load it). Its removal has nothing to do with Plus! forums. That is, Messenger Plus! Forums staff didn't remove it (otherwise you would see a "Signature removed......blah blah blah". Ask your host (http://www.mauricioayalac.kit.net) about this:)

RE: Signature by Tochjo on 03-13-2004 at 12:31 PM

I cannot tell you what was wrong with it, if I don't know what it is. Can you upload it again or something like that?

Your current signature doesn't display for me: I cannot see the image http://www.mauricioayalac.kit.net/assinatura_forum.jpg.

RE: Signature by Seiya on 03-13-2004 at 12:37 PM

Why my image is invalid? Its IE cannot be possible not to load my image! I use Windows 98 and Pentium 166 obtain to see, as you I cannot? Www.mauricioayalac.kit.net is MY, not necessary to ask for to nothing me exactly

RE: Signature by KeyStorm on 03-13-2004 at 12:51 PM

Maybe you are seeing a cached image. Copy it and upload it to another server that supports "image-stealing". :)

Edit: It's not only IE, it's Mozilla, too. It principally looks like you maybe mistyped the URL or the image no longer exists or has somehow corrupted headers.

RE: Signature by Choli on 03-13-2004 at 01:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Your signature just contains an invalid image...(at least my IE can not load it). Its removal has nothing to do with Plus! forums. That is, Messenger Plus! Forums staff didn't remove it (otherwise you would see a "Signature removed......blah blah blah". Ask your host (http://www.mauricioayalac.kit.net) about this:)
when he posted his signature was:
quote:
Signature removed by moderator
Notice the link in it
I was going to say he was joking because when a mod removes a sig there isn't any link and if says that and also "... due to violation of the rules" However i though that may have changed with the update so i didn't say anything.
RE: Signature by Mnjul on 03-13-2004 at 01:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
when a mod removes a sig there isn't any link
Yes there is...

I am gonna suggest wdz that no one should make his/her signature be like the "Signature removed..." string. So applies for the avatar.
RE: Signature by KnightieBoy on 03-13-2004 at 02:08 PM

quote:
Yes there is...

I am gonna suggest wdz that no one should make his/her signature be like the "Signature removed..." string. So applies for the avatar.
so he faked his signature? :\ I didn't know that was possible..
But if you remove your own avatar, you get the same thing as when a mod removes your avatar, don't you? :S
RE: Signature by Choli on 03-13-2004 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KnightieBoy
But if you remove your own avatar, you get the same thing as when a mod removes your avatar, don't you?
no. When a mod removes your avatar in fact he changes it with the "avatar removed" avatar. (that avatar that has a big red X and blue letters...)
quote:
good idea, and then he should tell us what are exactly the texts/avatars displayed when a mod removes them
RE: Signature by Chrono on 03-13-2004 at 05:16 PM

i removed ur signature (and ill remove it again) cause it is/was way too big.
Maybe in other forums others wont complain, but this is a serious board, we dont want to see such big images :P
Sorry, put a smaller image (or make ur image smaller.. )

RE: Signature by Mnjul on 03-13-2004 at 05:28 PM

It seems that the upgrade made the signature removal text not have the "violation rules" part...:S8-)

RE: Signature by Chrono on 03-13-2004 at 05:37 PM

pobably it was a wdz-customization :P
Anyway, his signature was:
"[Image: attachment.php?pid=213665]]"
Any complaints? :P

RE: Signature by Mnjul on 03-13-2004 at 05:47 PM

No complaints about the removal and yeah the complaints about how he could put such a big signature in other places, and yeah, it was way too large...

I think I'm going to close this thread because since the evidence is here, we don't really need extra discussion :)

RE: Signature by WDZ on 03-13-2004 at 09:06 PM

I did change the text, because sometimes a signature is removed for a reason that isn't covered by the rules. I also added logging of avatar/sig removals, so now admins can tell if something was actually removed by a moderator, and which moderator it was.

I like the idea of preventing fake "removed by mod" signatures, but it would have the same problem as word filters...

"Signäture removed by moderatör"

or they could use something less obvious like Alt+0160. :-/

RE: Signature by Chrono on 03-13-2004 at 09:18 PM

No one put such signatures to be honest :P
and who cares if its true or not? :undecided: